free tree

Now i can tell my friends im growing some 'tree' ;-) Oak arrived! I wonder if I have it long enough if it will... Force me to rake my desk.

I gave it a whirl. I don't know where I will put it, but, it is a baby tree much like my daughter and she can watch it grow with her.

I got mine, came in a huge tube like a movie poster would come in.

Its about 12" tall and about 1" in diameter.

It came in addressed to the dog, but she wont be using it as a toilet.

Tiny said:
Same here. They must know Minnesota is repulsive so they didn't bother sending it; so as not to subject a baby spruce to such a horrible, horrible, horrible place.

It is because they know it will get harvested as an x-mas tree once october hits.

anyone from Louisiana get one??? Im in alexandria and no free tree :(

thanx

I got my tree on saturday, white oak..

Its currently sitting on top of my fridge in the case it came in :cool:

This thread actually made me laugh reading some of the responces. Who knew people would get so worked up over a tree :D

I registered today, but something tells me I am to late in the game to get my tree.

Ordered a spruce. Have enough Pin Oaks around here already. Most I planted myself from
acorns several years ago. A couple are over 30 feet tall now.
Also have a smaller white oak decended from the "Maryland Charter Oak" from a promo
after the famous 300 year old tree blew over in a storm. Legend has it Gen. Washington's
troops camped next to it during the revolution.

Can't believe so many haven't heard of free trees in the mail before. There was a big project in
the 80's where you could order free Pine trees from the Govt. Was all over the schools.

It came!!!!! ordered a Oak got a pine :D :D but I got my tree

thanx

Wow! Does that mean I will get a sycamore since I ordered a spruce? - lol :D

Does it say what kind of pine you got?

Got mine... I didn't order a Pine Tree... but still its a tree for free.
Looks lively too.

I really hope I get the oak, I don't want another pine tree, infact, I am going to cut one down, along with an improperly placed oak and maple.

I orderd two, my building has three legal addresses with three entrences so i orderd one of each. THing is i bet they ware wondering what the hell is some one in the middle of new york city goign to do with a tree... so i wonder if ill even get em...

Case said:
I orderd two, my building has three legal addresses with three entrences so i orderd one of each. THing is i bet they ware wondering what the hell is some one in the middle of new york city goign to do with a tree... so i wonder if ill even get em...

Our house is next to my dad's office, so I got one sent to each address, only one came to my house for some reason :(

Just got my tree

OMG he is so cute ^_^

Hes only like...10 inches tall from the top of the plastic bag/rootball to the top of his trunk ^_^

Hey maybe that is what came in the mail today, I thought it was some window tint I had ordered...didn't open it yet:D

mine came in yesterday, Ill be planting it this weekend :p

BTW they sent me a pine but i thought i ordered a spruce

Marklar said:
mine came in yesterday, Ill be planting it this weekend :p

BTW they sent me a pine but i thought i ordered a spruce

Spruce is a pine, both are coniforous trees.

I got a Loblolly Pine, funny thing is I just took a class with a Russian teacher here at aTm who is obsessed, it seems, with the exact same tree.

Kinda funny...I guess

In Soviet Russia, trees plant you.

fuelvolts said:
I got a Loblolly Pine, funny thing is I just took a class with a Russian teacher here at aTm who is obsessed, it seems, with the exact same tree.

Kinda funny...I guess

In Soviet Russia, trees plant you.
hmm i got the same tree...and what prof do u have

Got mine today as well... nice little Ponderosa Pine.

Now I gotta find a good spot for it, so I can bring my grandchildren to it in 50 years and tell them I got it for free on the internets! =)

P-Pines are great.

It seemed to take forever to get mine. Don't know the exact wait, but it seemed long.

I am going to post pics of my little guy this weekend. :D

*EDIT*
I got a Spruce, which is what I ordered. :D

I got mine a couple days ago, its chilling in my fridge until I figure out where to plant it. My mom and sister are going to order a couple more, so I'll see if it'll work more than once. In case this hasn't been answered yet, it took about a month for me to get my Ponderosa Pine :)

Haven't received my tree yet. Still a couple weeks since my order so no worries.

If anyone wants to extend their interest in planting a small tree beyond the free check out this :

* The National Arbor Day Foundation Trees *

Poplar, Beech, Almonds, Apples, Dogwood, Walnut, Cherry, Holly ... etc ... etc ........

Back