Free Google Netbook! (cr-48)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was, surprising since it wasn't suppose to ship for another 2 weeks! I don't drink either, so would have preferred the netbook over alcohol for others!

I wouldn't buy one for several reasons. First, it's against the EULA and is the property of Google, second the price would be way too high for what is basically a thin-client netbook used mainly for web surfing. Wait awhile and it will be released by Google at a low price.

i just signed up again today because of my rage for people putting there's on ebay.. im tempted to buy one..

for the last 2 weeks or so, every day ive been hoping to see a mystical magical mystery box sitting on my front porch.

that day has still not arrived.

Seriously guys should I sign up again? me and my wife signed for one when I first heard about it and now nothing. :(

Yeah, I've heard of so many people who signed up back when it started just now getting their netbooks, so I don't think requests expire or anything, but if I don't get one from this batch, I'll sign up again :D

If your gmail didn't get spammed last night, then you're probably not getting a cr-48. The gmail spam, and subsequent followup apology, basically meant that you either a) already had a cr-48 or b) about to get one soon.

If your gmail didn't get spammed last night, then you're probably not getting a cr-48. The gmail spam, and subsequent followup apology, basically meant that you either a) already had a cr-48 or b) about to get one soon.

Uhmmm... say what? Google has not notified anyone that they were "on the list" and going to get one, so... :confused:

C&P from apology email:

Earlier this morning, you may have received a large number of emails from [email protected] regarding the Chrome notebook Pilot program user forum. We apologize for this inconvenience, and you will not receive any more messages from this address. Instructions for deleting these messages are at the end of this email.

What happened? We planned to launch our Chrome Notebook Pilot forum next week to all users who had been selected for the Pilot program. Last night, around midnight Pacific time, a user discovered this forum and posted a message. Unfortunately, we had misconfigured this forum to email every post to every member. Thus, the first post started an avalanche of responses. Some messages were unsubscribe requests, others were thoughtful comments or questions, but all of them were emailed to every user. We have since deleted this group.

We’ve created a brand new user forum, which you can sign up for here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/chrome-notebook-pilot

Rest assured: you will not be added to this forum unless you sign up using the link above.

The goal of the forum is to provide a centralized place for Pilot users to share their Chrome notebook experiences and tips. In addition, with a centralized forum, our team can more effectively respond to your questions and feedback.

If you are receiving this email and have not yet received a Cr-48, you should be hearing from us soon. Again, our apologies for the flood of emails, and we hope you will join us at the new forum.

Chrome Notebook Team

Well that's certainly an odd thing, indeed... wow. Interesting, however, very interesting. ;)

I got about 1000 emails from them last night, so I wonder..

*looks at Cr-48*

Yep, I'm in.

;)

Hmm, I signed up about 2 weeks ago (yes I know i'm late but worth a shot) and I didn't get any of these emails. Hopefully I can still get one.

-Xzi

no emails for me. i signed up about 5 time with 5 different emails when this first came out. guess they didnt like the answers to my questions.

now that is sad.
I am hoping it was sent out to only current crome useres.
I did not get anything in gmail accout .

Damn and here I was sitting here thinking positively that I got accepted and that one would magically appear at my door. No spam for me :(.

I think this is the first time ever I've been disappointed to not get spam.

That's it, I'm applying again. I don't think it can hurt, might as well at this point. Last time I used way more than 140 characters, maybe that's why I haven't gotten one, this time I'll stick to the requirement.

Last edited:
People that actually work for Google as part of the "selection committee" for that pilot program have stated on blogs/etc that they don't even look at those answers. I've read reports from people that say they put either nothing at all or just the simplest bullshit like "So this is free, right?" and still got in.

I don't think there's a winning answer or even any "formula" to getting one; the entire process truly seems quite random based on what I've read and seen from people that get one.

Bleh... that email thing was pretty much the last straw for me I suppose. Didn't get one of those 'spams' the other day so I now know with extreme certainty it's just not gonna happen so, time to move on to hoping for others things. :)

I feel so disappointed. I don't know why, but for some reason I felt like I actually had a decent chance of getting one of these. And the fact that there are a bunch of people who signed up and don't care / aren't using it / are selling it makes it that much more painful :(

i try to convince myself there's a death switch that makes the laptop explode when the beta is over to make me feel better

nice idea click of death by update ;)

i still hope my refural i got from zoho works

Good new for those who didn't receive mass spam in their gmail; I just received one via UPS and I didn't get a single email. Rejoice and regain your hope. There is still a chance.

Also, :D

Good new for those who didn't receive mass spam in their gmail; I just received one via UPS and I didn't get a single email. Rejoice and regain your hope. There is still a chance.

WOOO! Hope is yet restored lol time to look at my porch every night I come home to see if theres a mysterious box sitting there :).

^^^

Yey! Thank you so much, that made my day. You know I wish they would send an email at the time of shipping, so I wouldn't have to have my dreams shattered every time I come home from work lol.

I have also received mine today, so those that have not received one yet, there is still hope. Just keep an eye out.

I have also received mine today, so those that have not received one yet, there is still hope. Just keep an eye out.

I'm guessing you signed up back in December? I have yet to hear anyone who signed up the second time they offered it to get one.

When did you sign up for it?

-Xzi

I signed up as an Individual back when it first started. I also signed up again a few weeks ago too though.

So you can sign up twice and they won't discount it? Did you sign up with the same email / name / address, or did you use a different one?

I signed up once the regular way back in Decemeber when it started, and then again via the Zoho sponsored link. Not sure which one netted me the net book though.

I just signed up again for kicks. First time was as a business user this time as an individual.

I signed up as individual then again as education (since I'm in college lol). Hopefully I get one :)!

This is great news.
My hope is rekindled again, looks like I will be checking my doorsteps agains daily when I wake up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back