Free Google Netbook! (cr-48)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, and welcome to last week! :D

Good luck though, but you guys noticing now will be at the bottom of the barrel.... A 2 billion gallon barrel :p .

Hello, and welcome to last week! :D

Good luck though, but you guys noticing now will be at the bottom of the barrel.... A 2 billion gallon barrel :p .

funny-horse-picture-sarah-jessica-parker.jpg

Google is still accepting applications through the 21st of December. They aren't done yet, and they've only shipped about 6200+ of the laptops, actually. Apparently 23,000 of them went to Google employees right off the bat... :eek:

While it'll be difficult to do, if you do apply you can check this page:

http://addicted-gamer.com/cr48-tracker/

Someone created a tracker that pulls shipping data from UPS (based on the weight of the package) and you can have some rudimentary luck in at least finding out if one might be coming to your town or your specific Zip code.

Google is far from done choosing people, because they're going through the applications manually as per one employee that spoke up about it anonymously (everything he's said so far checked out). The 140 character "essay" isn't the most important thing to focus on, either. They're paying more attention the multiple choice stuff, actually.

So, if you haven't applied, go for it.

Just don't be a stupid greeding fucking lil' bastard and do it multiple times with multiple names, etc. One is enough... ;)

to OP

you might not get into the Pilot program for these so I wouldn't recommend saying free netbooks

not everyone that signs up is gonna get in

but I signed up and hope to get in

Google is still accepting applications through the 21st of December. They aren't done yet, and they've only shipped about 6200+ of the laptops, actually. Apparently 23,000 of them went to Google employees right off the bat... :eek:

While it'll be difficult to do, if you do apply you can check this page:

http://addicted-gamer.com/cr48-tracker/

Someone created a tracker that pulls shipping data from UPS (based on the weight of the package) and you can have some rudimentary luck in at least finding out if one might be coming to your town or your specific Zip code.

Google is far from done choosing people, because they're going through the applications manually as per one employee that spoke up about it anonymously (everything he's said so far checked out). The 140 character "essay" isn't the most important thing to focus on, either. They're paying more attention the multiple choice stuff, actually.

So, if you haven't applied, go for it.

Just don't be a stupid greeding fucking lil' bastard and do it multiple times with multiple names, etc. One is enough... ;)

there's one shipping to my zip code but it says its being shipped ground. weren't all the cr48's being shipped overnight? or is that only some of them?

Apped, doubt I will get in but its worth a shot. Would LOVE to get to test one of these badboys. chrome OS would work very well for what I need.

Ahh man I just finished and then checked and theres one on the way to norfolk, Va.and it sent on the tenth.

BLEH

I dont think the tracker works.

That means someone in Norfolk (funny, my hometown is Portsmouth... go figure) applied on the 10th and it was shipped - they beat you to it, but again there's still a lot of these expected to be shipped. They're not done yet, so if you've applied, give it time. I'd say if you don't have one by Christmas, you ain't getting one. :)

I applied the day it started (within about 2 hours of the offer being made live) but that sign-up was just name, address, etc. The next day (Wednesday) I found out about the longer more detailed questionnaire so I applied again but I still haven't heard anything. I'm just hoping that second application wasn't seen as a way to scam 'em or anything - anyone applying multiple times on purpose to get more than one is just shitty but, they do it anyway.

Still hoping comes my way...

Damn it I just signed up and looked at the tracker and someone from my own town is getting one delivered tomorrow. Damn, wish it was me.

Damn it I just signed up and looked at the tracker and someone from my own town is getting one delivered tomorrow. Damn, wish it was me.
The tracker looks at weight. There are many things that weigh six pounds. Keep the hope!

Signed up. Was honest, I wrote I would probably hardly use the thing (and certainly not as my main computer). I'm a desktop guy, and already have a compact fast netbook for mobility.

I applied yesterday, and that tracker says one is being delivered tomorrow to my area. It shipped on the 10th, so I know it isn't me.

good luck lol lets see wich one of us actually gets to try one of these.

I can guarantee you if there is one for 13060 then its me because I live in a very tiny town with not alot of people :)

Last edited:
In for one. If they care about independent movie directors, they'll send one to me..

Hopefully I get one...

I wrote a nice description in the bottom box then noticed it said 140 CHARACTERS

oh well

One thing I noticed is, according to the Tracker that someone created, the first batch of laptops sent out last week all had overnight shipping, and as of this morning, the laptops shipped out yesterday (12/14) are standard ground shipping. It's also showing that only 8,000 or show 8300+ have been shipped (could be just the shipping info passed on to UPS) but only 3300+ actually in transit.

Bleh... I hate waiting, I really do, and having the gut feeling I won't get accepted into the Pilot program just makes it worse.

Not cancer-worse but worse just the same. :(

One thing I noticed is, according to the Tracker that someone created, the first batch of laptops sent out last week all had overnight shipping, and as of this morning, the laptops shipped out yesterday (12/14) are standard ground shipping. It's also showing that only 8,000 or show 8300+ have been shipped (could be just the shipping info passed on to UPS) but only 3300+ actually in transit.

Bleh... I hate waiting, I really do, and having the gut feeling I won't get accepted into the Pilot program just makes it worse.

Not cancer-worse but worse just the same. :(

Yeah it seemed to sit there till monday when I placed my order. But where its actually going no one knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back