Free Chipotle Burrito

The Norovirus was that, yea.
The e.coli was a supplier issue. MAYBE if they'd allowed their pork suppliers to use more antibiotics in their pork, they wouldn't' have had a bacterial issue. Just sayin'

antibiotic laden meats probably wouldn't have helped with the issue much at all since e.coli is problematic with under cooked meats, and there's some form of e.coli in everything (including you). But it also could be introduced via raw vegetables, wasn't too long ago there were cases of spinach IIRC linked to e.coli, also tomatoes and cantaloupes too (although I think those were salmonela)

I can't stand this damn place, I went there once about 2 years ago because it was right around the corner from my job at the time and I was hungry. I ordered quesadillas. So while watching them prepare it, they put the "Meat" and cheese on a tortilla, then wrap it in foil, put it on this waffle iron thing and "grilled it". I thought to myself, "wtf are they doing? Why aren't they grilling the tortilla on a flat iron".

The end result was a flaccid molten cheese rubbery nightmare. What happens when you wrap a tortilla in foil & heat it? It steams the tortilla which in turn makes the damn thing a gooey rubbery thing.

After that, I waited about 6 months and decided to try it again, maybe they fired the lackluster food prep that turned my quesadilla into a rubber biscuit. I was wrong, they fired that thing up the same way.

I called for the manager, and told her that was not how you prepare a quesadilla or tortilla for consumption (Maybe in California). I got my money refund and never looked back.

I can't stand this damn place, I went there once about 2 years ago because it was right around the corner from my job at the time and I was hungry. I ordered quesadillas. So while watching them prepare it, they put the "Meat" and cheese on a tortilla, then wrap it in foil, put it on this waffle iron thing and "grilled it". I thought to myself, "wtf are they doing? Why aren't they grilling the tortilla on a flat iron".

The end result was a flaccid molten cheese rubbery nightmare. What happens when you wrap a tortilla in foil & heat it? It steams the tortilla which in turn makes the damn thing a gooey rubbery thing.

After that, I waited about 6 months and decided to try it again, maybe they fired the lackluster food prep that turned my quesadilla into a rubber biscuit. I was wrong, they fired that thing up the same way.

I called for the manager, and told her that was not how you prepare a quesadilla or tortilla for consumption (Maybe in California). I got my money refund and never looked back.

I don't think I've ever seen a single person in my groups order a quesadilla. The burritos are where the action is.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever seen a single person in my groups order a quesadilla. The burritos are where the action it.

There's a reason why the quesadilla isn't on the menu anymore (though they will still make one if you ask for it).

I eat their chicken burrito about 5 times a week. It's great at the location I go to but there is a terrible ghetto one across town that picks the bitchiest black women on the planet to work there. I am inconveniencing them by ordering. You know the type. I wish it was legal to pull out my piece and fire a couple rounds through her face to make an example. They would have to clean up and make a fresh batch of everything afterwards but that experience would be worth going hungry for.

antibiotic laden meats probably wouldn't have helped with the issue much at all since e.coli is problematic with under cooked meats, and there's some form of e.coli in everything (including you). But it also could be introduced via raw vegetables, wasn't too long ago there were cases of spinach IIRC linked to e.coli, also tomatoes and cantaloupes too (although I think those were salmonela)

Oh I know, I was just poking fun at the anti- antibioticers(?).
But Chipotle traced it to their pork.

I eat their chicken burrito about 5 times a week. It's great at the location I go to but there is a terrible ghetto one across town that picks the bitchiest black women on the planet to work there. I am inconveniencing them by ordering. You know the type. I wish it was legal to pull out my piece and fire a couple rounds through her face to make an example. They would have to clean up and make a fresh batch of everything afterwards but that experience would be worth going hungry for.

This is why we can't have nice things.

I wish it was legal to pull out my piece and fire a couple rounds through her face to make an example. They would have to clean up and make a fresh batch of everything afterwards but that experience would be worth going hungry for.

A Happy Meal sounds more your style than anything Chipotle has on the menu right now. Get a side of extra Happy.

Why do you continue to eat there if doing so is making you homicidal? :p

Why do you continue to eat there if doing so is making you homicidal? :p

The location I go to has nice people and I tip them appropriately. The other location has the terrible customer service from the bitches. I am a super nice guy until someone talks shit to me for no reason directly to my face. Then I feel like putting them down. :D

The location I go to has nice people and I tip them appropriately. The other location has the terrible customer service from the bitches. I am a super nice guy until someone talks shit to me for no reason directly to my face. Then I feel like putting them down. :D

Wait, you tip at Chipotle?

How do you even tip at Chipotle? Is it the blank Tip: _____ field even on the receipt?

How do you even tip at Chipotle? Is it the blank Tip: _____ field even on the receipt?

They have a can to the left of the register that says "Tips" that you can throw cash in. I put $2 to $5 every trip I have cash in my wallet. No tip line on the receipt and I only carry cash around for tipping purposes. But I do order two meals almost every visit since I buy my GF food and bring it to her. Sometimes I grab some for a coworker that needs a "pick me up".

I'll just go to Moes :D

Wow.. a whole 4 locations in the Houston area? I think I have that many Chipotle locations within 20 minutes of my house :p

Everyone has their opinion.. so here's mine. I've tried Freebirds, Bullrito, and Chipotle. Only one I'll go back to is Chipotle. Bullrito was just bland and Freebirds was.. meh at the two locations I've tried (Clearlake and The Woodlands). I might try Moes if there was one anywhere close to home (Woodlands area) or my work's office (Sugarland), but there isn't.

As for the e-coli worry.. I think my chances of being in an vehicle accident driving to and from work are higher than my chances of getting e-coli eating at Chipotle once in a while.

Just got my free burrito while typing this too :cool:

I don't think I've ever seen a single person in my groups order a quesadilla. The burritos are where the action is.

There's a reason why the quesadilla isn't on the menu anymore (though they will still make one if you ask for it).

I always judge a Texmex or Mexican food place by their ability to make a quality quesadilla. In this case, I've had better experiences at Taco Bell.

I always judge a Texmex or Mexican food place by their ability to make a quality quesadilla. In this case, I've had better experiences at Taco Bell.

Simply put, if you are a quesadilla man your are not a Chipotle fan. It's a burrito, bowl, and improperly formed taco joint.

If you judge the quality of a restaurant by its ability to make something that's not on the menu, no free coupon is going to brighten your day. Not to mention the fact that the two staple ingredients of a quesadilla (flour tortilla and cheese) are rarely made in the restaurant itself but sourced from outside vendors without prep work makes it a poor dish for judging a restaurant for any real sort of quality. There's a reason the quesadilla is Mexican street food. Might as well judge a sandwich shop by their peanut butter and jelly.

Oh I know, I was just poking fun at the anti- antibioticers(?).
But Chipotle traced it to their pork.

It was their pork? Yeah, that's a two fold problem of supply chain having cleanliness issues, but it also speaks volumes about how their prep procedures are in store. Either some cross contamination or something... but again, we get what we pay for, we want cheap food with one of the lowest (and least skilled) paid people out there and want them to be in charge of food health? Hahaha, man we deserve to get diarrhea!

I wouldn't be surprised if we get food born illnesses much more often, but typically just shrug it off as "beans giving me gas" or "greasy food going right through me" and only when there's someone with a compromised immune system does really bad shit happen, then the news of that spreads and all of a sudden everyone with a case of the runs claims they have e.coli.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get food born illnesses much more often, but typically just shrug it off as "beans giving me gas" or "greasy food going right through me" and only when there's someone with a compromised immune system does really bad shit happen, then the news of that spreads and all of a sudden everyone with a case of the runs claims they have e.coli.

All. The. Damn. Time. I read somwhere that most people have a case of e.coli infection ~4 times a yar and just never realize it. The vast majority of folks are not at risk, and so have diarrhea for a few hours and its over.
The majority of my work these days is in food safety and FDA compliance for major food manufacturers. You'd be surprised how easy it is to have a MAJOR issue. All it takes in one lazy employee, one mistake. In that respect, the Chipotle issue doesn't phase me. It's par for the course for a company dealing in that amount of fresh ingredients (unlike McDonalds and the like).
Now, the BlueBell issue was a whole different case. That was a systemic effort to ignore standards, ignore the FDA and ignore warning signs.

If you judge the quality of a restaurant by its ability to make something that's not on the menu, no free coupon is going to brighten your day. Not to mention the fact that the two staple ingredients of a quesadilla (flour tortilla and cheese) are rarely made in the restaurant itself but sourced from outside vendors without prep work makes it a poor dish for judging a restaurant for any real sort of quality. There's a reason the quesadilla is Mexican street food. Might as well judge a sandwich shop by their peanut butter and jelly.

At the time it was on the menu.

If you can't make a simple staple of Tex-Mex / Mexican like a quesadilla properly then you're probably not going to shine in anything else that you have on the menu either. Slapping some meat and cheese on a tortilla is not a proper way to make a quesadilla by the way...

These fresh ingredients are only "fresh" because they load them with sodium & MSG to keep them from spoiling. Its a common misconception for trendy places like this.

It's important to realize that EVERY SINGLE CONCEIVABLE THING that you personally did not prepare was prepared in a purely evil, sadistic, intentionally misleading and unhealthy way. Every. Single. Thing.

Thanks for posting this OP. Received mine today.

got my coupon, is guac and extra protein still free? :confused:

I'd also like to know. Anyone want to report their findings when they use their code please? :D

It was their pork? Yeah, that's a two fold problem of supply chain having cleanliness issues, but it also speaks volumes about how their prep procedures are in store. Either some cross contamination or something... but again, we get what we pay for, we want cheap food with one of the lowest (and least skilled) paid people out there and want them to be in charge of food health? Hahaha, man we deserve to get diarrhea!

I think it was mostly due to the shortage in pork and them having to go to resources that they wouldn't normally.

As for greasy food going through yes, that is a possibility but its also likely that you got a food born illness too. While eating something "that does not agree" with you could mean you either ate something that has some components that your digestive track is incapable of processing it also could mean you ate some nasty bacteria too.

Also, Chipotle rules. Any place that carries a serious amount of tobasco is alright in my book.

Fast food threads are always entertaining. My theory is Monsanto and friends spiked their supply chain. Chipotle is probably the safest thing to eat right now. I ain't worried. Just spent 2+ weeks in the hills of Thailand and didn't blow mud. Some people just don't have an [H] immunity. Got my free burritos. Going tomorrow at lunch. No lines!

http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2016/02/cdc-declares-chipotle-e-coli-outbreaks-over-cause-unknown/
http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2016/...blitz-amidst-expanded-criminal-investigation/
E. coli source unknown. Norovirus from employee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84_Iaevbn2Q
related link for laughs

Fast food threads are always entertaining. My theory is Monsanto and friends spiked their supply chain. Chipotle is probably the safest thing to eat right now. s

What makes you think that Chipotle doesn't use monsanto products?

I don't know. Chipotle is anti-gmo and US corporations are villains that lie, cheat, steal, murder to squash competition. Since the source is a mystery and lawyers have been unleashed, there's a good chance this was corporate sabotage....or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNtCV67biBA
I'm not anti-gmo. Neil deGrasse Tyson makes some good points.

I don't know. Chipotle is anti-gmo and US corporations are villains that lie, cheat, steal, murder to squash competition. Since the source is a mystery and lawyers have been unleashed, there's a good chance this was corporate sabotage....or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNtCV67biBA
I'm not anti-gmo. Neil deGrasse Tyson makes some good points.

I dislike NDGT, generally, but he makes some good point. But he misses one: NO ONE has a working definition of what a GMO is. Nor does anyone have a working definition of where they must be absent in product to garner such a "GMO-free" claim.
So, can the pork eat GMO soybeans? Can the Soybeans use GMO fertilizers? Can the cows that make the fertilizers eat GMO foods? Where does it stop? What's the scientific basis for that point?
Alas, Chipotle has no responsibility for backing up its claim.

As an attorney that does a lot of food safety stuff, i can tell you why the source is hard to pin down (I thought they pointed to the pork?) and why the lawyers are involved:
There were about 90 (kidding) companies involved in making that pork (let alone any other ingredients), some of them may or may not have properly tested or tracked their foods along the way, and every one of those companies is in damage control mode to ensure that 1) they weren't at fault, 2) if they are at all related to the issue they have indemnity clauses in their contracts, 3) crafting and implementing control mechanisms to make sure the issue doesn't happen again, 4) registering any issues with the FDA on their "reportable food registry" as they are required.

I've seen Food Inc. and all the other underground videos about modern food production in the US. If people are worried about it, grow your own food or buy from local farmers. There is a reason it's a federal offense to photograph food processing facilities without permission.

https://imgur.com/a/7j3gj
I took these photos of my in-laws in Northern Thailand preparing pork for lunch. They are hill tribe people. Simple farmers. Tough as nails. They eat everything except the balls which gets fed to the dogs then at some point they eat the dogs. They don't cook with dairy, sugar, or salt but use lots of MSG and chili paste. Honestly I prefer a bowl of Chipotle than fresh pork. Too much fat and bone. American processed food is in my DNA.

Last edited:
I've seen Food Inc. and all the other underground videos about modern food production in the US. If people are worried about it, grow your own food or buy from local farmers. There is a reason it's a federal offense to photograph food processing facilities without permission.

https://imgur.com/a/7j3gj
I took these photos of my in-laws in Northern Thailand preparing pork for lunch. They are hill tribe people. Simple farmers. Tough as nails. They eat everything except the balls which gets fed to the dogs then at some point they eat the dogs. They don't cook with dairy, sugar, or salt but use lots of MSG and chili paste. Honestly I prefer a bowl of Chipotle than fresh pork. Too much fat and bone. American processed food is in my DNA.

This.

I love when people get surprised when they get sick from shit they put in their body from a fast food restaurant.

This.

I love when people get surprised when they get sick from shit they put in their body from a fast food restaurant.

Fast food is pretty reliable. That stuff has been nuked and processed so many times, there's really no possibility of getting a major gastro-intestinal illness like what was detailed in Fast Food Nation a while back. Chipotle actually got people sick recently because of the "freshness" aspect of what they were pushing. And let's not pretend that Asia is the capital of food cleanliness. I definitely wouldn't want to eat my pork anything short of fully-cooked over there.

Back