Fractal Design Gallery

Finally upgraded my old 1055t to a 3570k :)
Wvh7jCh.jpg

X3kjnmo.jpg

6o6Z5Q4.jpg

(I don't have either side case panels on currently)

I replaced my 3570k with a 3930k, and my 1155 motherboard with a ASUS Rampage IV Extreme motherboard.

I also replaced my AIO water cooler with a Thermaltake CLW0217 Water 2.0 Extreme/All-In-One Liquid Cooling System.

image-XL.jpg

Spec's are in my Sig, Using five 140mm Fractal Case Fan's. And a 140mm Silverstone Case fan on the side door for intake.

I have six ssd's in raid in a Thermaltake MAX-1562 5.25 HDD bay, as you can see this opened up my case.

I have to say , I am very happy with this rig!

Comments welcome!

That is beautiful. How does it not catch on fire?

Pardon my picture taking skills

CSP6Y6Hl.jpg

jAE4gaEl.jpg

Xo4YN2Rl.jpg

There is a SSD mounted on the back of the motherboard and the storage HD is sitting on the 5.25" drive bays.

Next up for an upgrade is the GPU and some sleeved cable set

I replaced my 3570k with a 3930k, and my 1155 motherboard with a ASUS Rampage IV Extreme motherboard.

I also replaced my AIO water cooler with a Thermaltake CLW0217 Water 2.0 Extreme/All-In-One Liquid Cooling System.

image-XL.jpg

Spec's are in my Sig, Using five 140mm Fractal Case Fan's. And a 140mm Silverstone Case fan on the side door for intake.

I have six ssd's in raid in a Thermaltake MAX-1562 5.25 HDD bay, as you can see this opened up my case.

I have to say , I am very happy with this rig!

Comments welcome!

now this is [H]

The core 1000 is an awful case. I have build 3 pc's with them. I wish you could easily mount the fan INSIDE the front of the case like normal. Sure you can mod it, but most don't mod a $25 case.

Last edited:
- 6950 2GB
- VP-450
+ $79 refurb nVidia 560Ti x 2 SLi w/SC settings :D
+ TX750 V2

2013-04-06041852.jpg

2013-04-06032551.jpg

2013-04-06031632.jpg

Did a minor mod (using BadmAu5 example) I cut out the stupid "cross pattern" plastic they put in the front intakes of the 3000. I was tempted to leave the foam dust filter out for better airflow, but I'd rather not suck even more cat hair into the system than what already squeezes by. ;)

Tried to make it as neat as possible....hard to do with a non-modular but my main priority is 'out of the way of airflow 1st, hidden 2nd'. :)

Finally made the jump from my trusty lian li pc6070 to a arc midi r2, really liked these cases ever since the first midi dropped.

ogbM44X.jpg

2mbFz5B.jpg

UbPNx91.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't seen any pics of the R2 XL, so here is my ESXi host:

Fractal R2 XL by rtangwai, on Flickr

Fractal R2 XL drive bays by rtangwai, on Flickr

Fractal R2 XL motherboard by rtangwai, on Flickr

It's still on the bench being tested - sorry about the crappy photos, all I have is my iPhone camera. I probably will take the sound card out because it isn't being seen in ESXi (probably because it is PCI).

Overall it's a nice case, but not as efficient as I would like. The hard drive bays in particular have plenty of potential to grow to 12 from 8, yet the cooling system doesn't allow for that. For a small E-ATX case (8 hard drive bays, 4 optical bays) there will always be limits on capacity but I see it as a wasted opportunity, especially if someone was considering building a SAN using this case. One very positive part of the design is 9 card slots, a great thing for a triple or quad Crossfire/SLI setup.

anyone know if the front panel from the Define R4 can be powered properly/safely by a 6-pin to 4pin Molex adapter, like this? I've got a like 24" cable with 3 molex connections on it, only connecting to the front panel and it's bugging my OCD. Pondering replacing it with just a 6-pin to 4pin molex but dont know if the typical adapters will work (and i dont have any on hand so need to order one).

How'd you get the wiring so neat? I can't figure out how to route it in my core 1000. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough...

Lots of zip ties my friend. Its allllll about zip ties and patience. Actually it took me like 5 mins but yeah.

Here's a teaser of my trio. I used to be a big Lian-Li guy but somehow Fractal has won me over, even though they're steel/plastic instead of sexy aluminum. I also got all three of these cases for the same price as one of my Li-Li towers. :p

I'll post some better pics at a later date.

I've got a Node 304 coming tomorrow for a new HTPC build. Looking forward to using a Fractal Design case.

Got my second msi gtx 670 pe tonight. Tucked nicely inside my white r4. Couldnt be happier with this case.

CPU : Intel i7 3770k 3.5 Ghz Ivy Bridge
RAM : 4 x Crucial 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL8 Ballistix Tactical LP (32 gb)
CASE : Fractal Design Define R4
MOTHERBOARD : GIGABYTE Z77X-UD4H
HDD : 2 x velociraptor 250 gb and 2 x velociraptor 1000gb raid1 for system and raid1 for data
PSU : Enermax NAXN 82+ ENM750AWT 750W Bronze
CPU COOLER : NOCTUA NH-D14
CASE COOLER : 5 x NOCTUA NF-A14 ULN

Stacked fans for stacked video cards :cool:

No, the ones immediately adjacent to the radiators are probably shrouds. They reduce the 'dead spot' that the fan motor creates when mounted directly on the radiator - it can't push air through the area directly in front of its motor.

No, the ones immediately adjacent to the radiators are probably shrouds. They reduce the 'dead spot' that the fan motor creates when mounted directly on the radiator - it can't push air through the area directly in front of its motor.

Ah ok, that is a good idea.

CPU : Intel i7 3770k 3.5 Ghz Ivy Bridge
RAM : 4 x Crucial 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL8 Ballistix Tactical LP (32 gb)
CASE : Fractal Design Define R4
MOTHERBOARD : GIGABYTE Z77X-UD4H
HDD : 2 x velociraptor 250 gb and 2 x velociraptor 1000gb raid1 for system and raid1 for data
PSU : Enermax NAXN 82+ ENM750AWT 750W Bronze
CPU COOLER : NOCTUA NH-D14
CASE COOLER : 5 x NOCTUA NF-A14 ULN

Scandinator, that is an awesome system. Nice job on getting everything tidy!

Got my second msi gtx 670 pe tonight. Tucked nicely inside my white r4. Couldnt be happier with this case.

Where do you put your lighting? Bottom under the window? Using Cold Cathode?

Click for large

Case: Fractal Define Mini
Motherboard: ASUS Gene-Z mATX
CPU: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5Ghz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 in push/pull configuration
RAM: 4x 4GB Samsung 30nm 1.35v
Power Supply: Seasonic S12II 620w Bronze
Video Card: Gigabyte Geforce 780 @ 1150/6500Ghz boost clock
Monitor: Yamakasi Catleap 27" 2560x1440
Speakers: M-Audio AV-40
Headset: Logitech g930
SSD: Intel 510 120GB
Hard Disk: Western Digital Black 1TB
Fans: Nexus low noise models

Last edited:
Hey guys, so i need a bit of help.

Recently picked up a Fractal R4. Now, i am stumbled on how to keep my parts cool without sacrificing quietness.

1. What Fan are recommended? How many? Should avoid top fans? [ I currently have a Hyper Evo 212 , planning to get another blade master to get a push/pull configuration]

2. I got the windowed version, planning to add some LED and I was wondering what LED is recommended. I was looking at the white LED NZXT ones.

Pictures of your own R4 will help!.

Thanks,

I'll chip in mine here... Fractal Arc Midi R2

7dvm.jpg

0ynp.jpg

ij3p.jpg

Beautiful. The green is fantastic.

I've heard good things about that Swiftech water block/pump combo, but never really see anyone use it. How do you like it?

Also just curious, what are your GPUs? do you have any problems with the 860w psu supplying enough power to both videocards?

Beautiful. The green is fantastic.

I've heard good things about that Swiftech water block/pump combo, but never really see anyone use it. How do you like it?

Also just curious, what are your GPUs? do you have any problems with the 860w psu supplying enough power to both videocards?

Hey, Thanks. They are actually overclocked 780s, Not Titans, I have no problems with the power supply. Also about the Swiftech, I got no complaints. I am still researching if the pump can handle another Rad for the video cards though. :D

Back