Fractal Design Gallery

Hey everybody. This is my new Haswell system using the Fractal Design Arc Midi R2. Let me know what you think!

P.S. - New PSU is on the way, having issues w/ coil whine on my Gigabyte GTX 770, so want to rule out my old Corsair VX550W. Went with the Cooler Master V850 (Seasonic).

2plm.jpg

Hey guys,
I need some help, to determine if my archon cooler will fit with a 140mm side panel fan on a Fractal Design R4.
Can someone give me the measurement of the red line in the pic?
Thank you.

Hey guys,
I need some help, to determine if my archon cooler will fit with a 140mm side panel fan on a Fractal Design R4.
Can someone give me the measurement of the red line in the pic?
Thank you.[/URL]

It is around 4.25".

Edit: Oh, my case is an R3...

Last edited:
I'm working on my new build @ the moment using the third R4 Fractal Design case I've had. I love this case. Any suggestions on how one would mod the front cover to include an LED backlit image. I would like to do an octonaut on the front.

Another 7970 dc2 and a new PSU installed. Waiting to get a second waterblock and connecting bridge from EK for the other 7970...

hd7979crossfire_ax860i.jpg

My picture taking skills are nothing to write home about, especially with my potato phone.

I wanted to go small for my next computer upgrade, so I did my research and found the Fractal Node 304 was the best of the best for Mini-ITX.

I bought an ITX board for my 2500k. The big upgrades were a Corsair H90 and a Sapphire 7970. I couldn't use my larger 750w PSU, so I had to use a spare 600W that I had in another rig to get it all in there.

The wiring is a mess, but it works great and fits anywhere! With the lack of a fill light, the white case kills the shadows while using my phone to take pictures. It anyone is interested enough, I might try to get some better ones taken.

xvKZMZv.jpg

UGlIfMl.jpg

3n8YdKy.jpg

Eiaj3s8.jpg

The wiring is a mess, but it works great and fits anywhere! With the lack of a fill light, the white case kills the shadows while using my phone to take pictures. It anyone is interested enough, I might try to get some better ones taken.

Sorry, but that cabling is horrible :eek:. Non-modular PSU is no excuse for that mess... Here is my Node 304 - there is actually no reason for front fans at all, the hard drive idles at 36C and even with full CPU load it never goes above 39C with outtake Noctua fan running at 800RPM all the time :
node304_top.png

node304_side1.png

node304_side2.png

Sorry, but that cabling is horrible :eek:. Non-modular PSU is no excuse for that mess... Here is my Node 304 - there is actually no reason for front fans at all, the hard drive idles at 36C and even with full CPU load it never goes above 39C with outtake Noctua fan running at 800RPM all the time :

I wasn't making excuses, and certainly didn't post it in Rate My Wires ;)

I threw it together and will probably take some time to go through it later this winter when I have nothing better to do.
I was mainly happy with being able to fit the full size card plus WC setup without too many issues. I never really gave mini-itx a second thought until I realized that I only use one expansion slot.

I like how you put the HD cage over to the left, I'll give that a try for sure. Should give me a ton more space to store cables above the PSU instead of in front of it.

I finally picked up my first fractal case (node 304). I've been using it to rebuild my htpc in a smaller form factor.
I threw the hardware together to test everything and have been working on some sleeving. I still have a few more plans for it.... but here is Miggy Figgy in it's early stages.

excuse the poor photo for now....will update with better later.
MiggyFiggy001.png

So I gave my Arctic White R4 to my son, and I went ahead and got the R4 Black Pearl w/Window on sale during BF. Decided to take out the lighting for now for a clean, sleek look. Here are a few pics. :D

R4BP1.jpg

R4BP2.jpg

R4BP3.jpg

R4BP4.jpg

R4BP5.jpg

DefineR4Cables.jpg

DefinteR4Diptic.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
node304_top.png

node304_side1.png

node304_side2.png

What are the specs of your system?

What are the specs of your system?

Xeon E3-1235, Gigabyte B75N, GSkill RipjawsX DDR3-1333 CL7, Thermalright Macho cooler, Superflower 450W 80+ Gold PSU, Gigabyte GTX660OC Windforce graphics card, Intel X25-M 80GB SSD and WD Green 2TB (WD20EARX) HDD. All in Node 304 with back fan replaced for Noctua NF-A14 ULN running at constant 800RPM. HDD temp is ~39C as mentoined before, CPU temps are around 70C after ~10-15 minutes of OCCT and they pretty much stabilized there. The noisiest part of the system at idle is the graphics card.

Node 605. WIre management is my weak point. Even when I get it looking decent, I usually swap stuff out messing it up. Swapped some stuff from my old CM HTPC case, so it's a mix of old and new parts.

Current Hardware:

Biostar TA-790GX
Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3GHz w/ Zalman 7500
ADATA 4x2GB 1333MHz RAM
PNY nVidia GTS 450
Rosewill 630W PSU (free)
SanDisk Ultra Plus 64GB SSD
WD Green 1TB
WD Green 2TB

IMAG0162-800x600.jpg

IMAG0163-800x600.jpg

IMAG0166-800x600.jpg

==============================================================================

Arc Midi R2 - This one is all new parts. Again, wire management not so good here. I really need to invest in modular PSUs.

Hardware:

Asus Sabertooth Z77
i7 2600k @ 4.3GHz w/ CM Hyper 212 Evo
G-Skill Ripjaws 4x8GB 1600MHz RAM
PNY nVidia GTX 550 Ti
Corsair 750TX PSU
Crucial M4 64GB SSD
WD Black 1TB
WD Black 2TB
WD Green 3TB
LG Blu-Ray R/W BH10LS30

CameraZOOM-20130622184319120-800x600.jpg

CameraZOOM-20130622155647302_800x600.jpg

CameraZOOM-20130622184201067_800x600.jpg

CameraZOOM-20130622184413193_800x600.jpg

Pulled apart the PC to flip the heatsink so you can see the RAM and to dust it out a bit. Results.

unnamed-3.jpg

unnamed1-3.jpg

I built this back in 2012 and had meaning to take some pics of this for a while but never got around to it. This was my first attempt at a case mod. Way back when, Fractal showed off it's Arc series and Gainward showed off it's Phantom cooler around the same time. I saw that the Arc had a vertical expansion slot, and the idea was born.

The card is currently being held up with a bunch of 20lb bead wire until I can find a more permanent solution, Although the card was pretty stable on it's own without the wire.

I had the video card shipped from Europe to the US, which was a hassle I'll never do again. Now I think Sparkle makes cards with the same cooler that you can buy in the US. I guess that's how it goes :)

Specs:
Fractal Arc Mini
i5 2500k w/ Corsair H60
8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3
Gainward Phantom GTX 570
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
WD Black 1TB
Corsair AX650
NZXT Sentry Mesh
5x Scythe GentleTyphoon AP-15s
1x Scythe Slip Stream

Thanks to @toddfx for telling me where I could get the pcie extension cable (http://www.adexelec.com/pciexp.htm)

oiZlhvK.jpg

f7r4EsZ.jpg

NwnCQw0.jpg

OJcsAXX.jpg

JaXKnMu.jpg

Got my fractal r4 today. But of course my luck its missing all the rubber grommets :-( I'll have to contact Fractal tech support I guess...got it from Newegg...

Got my fractal r4 today. But of course my luck its missing all the rubber grommets :-( I'll have to contact Fractal tech support I guess...got it from Newegg...

My Node 304 was missing one of the sticky feet. Contacted support, had 4 new ones in a couple days. Great customer service.

hey guys new to this particular forum but thought id share my arc mini r2

1622613_10151854168571644_1591044345_n.jpg

1450675_10151854168566644_90094278_n.jpg

1621878_10151854168581644_2055867892_n.jpg

ill adjust my sig with the system specs

Just a little teaser shot from my Fractal Mini Build :) Waiting on the DSLR before I take real pictures... Also need to do all my cabling before I reveal the worklog.

00Grill_zpsae32f569.jpg

Someone somewhere posted a guide on a simple mod on how to mount a 280 rad in the front of the R4 but I can't find it anymore. It involved lining up a 280 bracket and drilling 4 holes into the fan mount the front. Does someone have the link?

Wow... there are some nice setups on here. Kind of makes me embarrassed to post mine (it's not nearly as neat).

Cleaned up my R3 (including a full set of matching Arctic fans). I'm honestly shocked at the difference these made, especially the CPU fan. Dropped CPU temps about 10c across the board, with no increase in noise.

Graphics card is a GTX 780 with a modified ACX cooler. Again, the Arctic fans outperform the stock EVGA fans at lower noise levels :D

VibWqs3.jpg

HfLyX0X.jpg

I wish there was a better way to power the sound card. Entire extra cable plugged into the modular PSU, just for that...

Last edited:
looks good man! how do you got your hd's rigged in there? thats my biggest issue with my case is the hd's transfer noise right into my desk like a speaker box.

looks good man! how do you got your hd's rigged in there? thats my biggest issue with my case is the hd's transfer noise right into my desk like a speaker box.
They're suspended on bungee cord. I removed the drive rails and laced up bungee through the drive cage to create a double-X pattern.

Drives are installed by pulling the two X's apart and slipping the hard disk in-between. They're about as decoupled as they can possibly get.

I was honestly a bit surprised when I first fired up my machine with the drives mounted this way. I could put my hand on top of the case and it felt totally dead (no vibration at all). Seek noise was also totally gone. :D

Back