Fractal Design Gallery

This is giving me some ideas on how to orient my cooling.
I got the Define XL R2, and I'm considering putting my H60 radiator out one of the top spots.

I knew it was on the larger side, but god-DAMN this thing is enormous! I'm waiting on a couple other parts to come in, but I'm excited to move my current rig over to this beast.

Just finished my XL R2 build, you guys will love it. It has a custom loop with a slim 480 radiator for CPU and MB (recycled x48 chipset), and still has all the factory hard drive bays. Going to use it for my server and it is absolutely silent. Just need to get some software installed so I can start transferring off data from my old server and moving more drives over. Going to have to wait for a good time for pics though they are coming!

I got my new PSU and DVDRW drive in, so that's what's in my XL R2.
The complaints about the PSU support and the grommets for the wiring are true. Kind of irritating until I got the PSU stands to stay until I had the PSU itself installed.

My ATX and 8-pin Aux wiring isn't long enough to run the length of the back, but not unsuprising as the connectors are behind the I/O panel with this particular motherboard, so It will probably just have to run alongside the mobo and then cut over.

All installed. Had some creative wiring to do and with all the cabling behind the motherboard, I was afraid it would be a fight to get that side back on.
Nope!

No pics yet, but they'll be cell phone pics since I don't know where my wife's camera is.

Upon seeing this threads posts about this brand, I decided on getting the Fractal R4 windowed...I absolutely love the case.

Anyone know of a good place to buy molex power adapters?

My sound card needs an FDD power connector, so I ended up running an entire extra cable from my modular PSU to support it... not exactly clean (especially with the limited room behind the motherboard tray on the R3).
I have spare SATA power connectors nearby, so an adapter like this would work:

LNUrpfb.jpg

Just needs to be a bit longer (and preferably pre-sleeved, in black). Can't find anyone selling such a thing, though.

Anyone know of a good place to buy molex power adapters?

My sound card needs an FDD power connector, so I ended up running an entire extra cable from my modular PSU to support it... not exactly clean (especially with the limited room behind the motherboard tray on the R3).
I have spare SATA power connectors nearby, so an adapter like this would work:

LNUrpfb.jpg

Just needs to be a bit longer (and preferably pre-sleeved, in black). Can't find anyone selling such a thing, though.

Frozen CPU has a good selection and they are a pretty reputable site.

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g2/c38/s428/list/p1/Cables-Cable_Adapters-Cable_Adapters-Page1.html

Love these cases. I got one for my home server than got one for my regular PC as it was too loud with the fans:

1459199_10201156969021748_1094340824_n.jpg

530505_10201156968821743_1974097365_n.jpg

Upon seeing this threads posts about this brand, I decided on getting the Fractal R4 windowed...I absolutely love the case.

Agree! The design is so simple and understated and it realty stands out among all of the other case manufacturers and their odd shapes and designs.

Agree! The design is so simple and understated and it realty stands out among all of the other case manufacturers and their odd shapes and designs.

Exactly my thoughts I LOVE their designs so simple, effective, and elegant.... Customer for life.

Here is mine updated R4 going to replace that white fractal fan with 2 Corsair Red AF series ones..

My long awaited PC Build took me a few days to do what I wanted, this is pretty much my first PC Build that I've done proper, the USB cable from the Corsair cooler will be removed once I set it to green, I have yet to turn it on as my room is a mess :D.

Front:
aeulw4.jpg

Back:
2up376t.jpg

^ You should mount that Hard Drive and SSD in your 5.25 inch bay and take that HDD rack out.

Feel like I just won the golden yellow crash helmet award. It never occured to me to stash my ssd's on the back of my mobo try like that. Thanks for the pic.

Feel like I just won the golden yellow crash helmet award. It never occured to me to stash my ssd's on the back of my mobo try like that. Thanks for the pic.

The annoying thing is, is that you have to take the motherboard out to get to the screws to add the SSD's to the back of the MB Tray.

^ You should mount that Hard Drive and SSD in your 5.25 inch bay and take that HDD rack out.

Here's why I kept it in (see below pic), it's because I added my WD Red 3TB's. I need to get a proper camera sometime soon, take some proper pictures, looks immense with the side panel on and the GPU/CPU lighten up in green especially with the side panel being smoked.

6z8zdw.jpg

OK finally got mine finished. Added 2 120MM Sharkoon Blade fans and a Msi 780 ti. Dead quiet pc and great temps....

wtzuc5.jpg

What 280mm aio coolers work in the r2 mini? And can you keep the optical drive?

Picked up a white R4 from MicroCenter last night. Got it all moved into tonight.

Went from a 2007 model Thermaltake to this, what a long way cases have come in 7 years!

I need to go back and do a bit of cable management, but I think it won't be much good until I get a modular psu, psu is same age as the case, and has about 9 molex connectors....of which I am using one, for the fan controller.

This case is so great, I have been on the fence about what new case to get for several months now, looking through this thread helped my decision alot!. Everything is running about 10c cooler than the thermaltake!

Also, apologies for the terrible photos, I am just completely inept with a camera.

Last edited:
Finally, I have a pic of mine. It's at an angle and with my cellphone camera, but here it is.

Here is mine.
How the hell you embed a picture here...
https://************/eRBrsv
https://************/eRBrsv

IMG_3615~2.jpg
IMG_3617~2.jpg

Finally got my wife's CableMod GPU cable and last few fans, and the machine is... complete. Fractal Design Vector RS.

So much heavier than my previous all-aluminum LL, but a nice case.

Back