Fractal Design Gallery

Hey Bill. Not sure if it does this but here's an idea.

Use the gauge on top for overclocking. More overclock, higher the gauge reads. It looks to be an A/F gauge but the colors are wrong for that.

What gauge is it? lol.

Unfortunately my Define XL Black Pearl arrived broken. Some of the slots in the front air vents have been snapped and a few plastic bolts that hold the front of the case onto the main case snapped off too. I had to return the case and i'm waiting for another to come along.

I don't know what anyone elses experiences are with the Define XL, but my friend also got one and his one arrived smashed too (different suppliers). I would take that into consideration when buying this case.

Unfortunately my Define XL Black Pearl arrived broken. Some of the slots in the front air vents have been snapped and a few plastic bolts that hold the front of the case onto the main case snapped off too. I had to return the case and i'm waiting for another to come along.

I don't know what anyone elses experiences are with the Define XL, but my friend also got one and his one arrived smashed too (different suppliers). I would take that into consideration when buying this case.

Sucks to hear that, man. One of my two Define Mini boxes arrived with a big hole in the side of it. Thankfully, there was enough room between the box edge and the case that no damage was done to it. I think it's just a matter of shippers not caring, or warehouse staff being careless. Here's hoping that your next one comes in spotless!

Here is my Fractal Core 1000. Cable management isn't my strong suite (although I did dremel in some tie downs) and the case is a bit dusty, so I apologize in advance. The build specs are in my signature.

IMG_1926_zps51ec4639.jpg

IMG_1931_zps0609b7c9.jpg

IMG_1930_zps3d8d02f2.jpg

Very cool!

I especially love your use of velocity stacks for the front fans. :)

Fractal Design Define R4. Under the hood is Sapphire’s Radeon HD 7950 and Pure Black 990FX motherboard. 16GB of AMD “Performance Edition” DDR3. Keeping AMD’s 8-core FX-8150 3.6GHz processor cool while gaming is AMD’s new Liquid CPU Cooler. The cooling fans are 140mm and 120mm Xigamatek cooling fans with White LEDS. We used "Smoke Detector" Test spray made by GE, just sprayed it in front of the PC...

***snip***

Wanting to confirm that the Noctua NH-D14 fits in the define mini? I'm not an expert on ID'ing these mini so wanted to ask first.

Has anyone used the Adjust 108 fan controller? I ordered it on Amazon but it's out of stock. Might change my mind. Currently using a Scythe 3.5" fan controller mounted internally for my R3, and both of the PCI slot Fractal ones in my XL. The Adjust 108 looked really cool because the sliders should actually fit behind the door of either case (forget about a regular fan controller with knobs), but I might cancel my order, I don't know if I really need it. Both PCs are a bit louder than I would have liked, but I am not sure what do do. I don't think they were this loud when I first built them about two years ago.

Purchased an entire new setup today and enclosing it in the Node 304. Will update the thread when I get it built!

looks good, nice cabling. i have that same cooler, but i put some corsair silent fans on it in push pull. works great, and much quieter than stock. ;)

Thanks Core2-D2. I presume you are referring to the SP120 Quiets. I almost bought those when I ordered the Dark Knight, but at the last minute decided to try the stock fan first. The stock fan is only audible when it hits ~1700 RPM / 52c under full gaming load (my OC is 4.2Ghz), but it blends in with my GPU cooler's noise. I was disappointed to see that Xigmatek did not sleeve the cable.

Did you start with the stock fan and move to the Corsairs? Aside from less noise, did your temps improve?

Hi, just finished my 2nd Freenas Storage Server, this time I'm using Fractal Design Core 3000 case.

SPECIFICATION
FREENAS v8.31 x64
"ZFS RAIDZ2 6x3TB"
HDD: 6x WD Red - WD30EFRX
Processor: Intel Pentium G645
CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Aegir
RAM: Kingston 2x8GB DDR3-1600
Motherboard: MSI B75MA-P45
PSU: Seasonic SS-650HT 650Watt
Case: Fractal Design Core 3000

Last edited:
My build..I really have to start taking better pictures. The rad and pump are all external so lots of room in the case.. Fractal Design Arc Midi

1113121031a.jpg

Hi, just finished my 2nd Freenas Storage Server, this time I'm using Fractal Design Core 3000 case.

SPECIFICATION
FREENAS v8.30 Release p1 x64
"ZFS RAIDZ2 6x3TB"
HDD: 6x WD Red - WD30EFRX
Processor: Intel Pentium G645
CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Aegir
RAM: Kingston 2x8GB DDR3-1600
Motherboard: MSI B75MA-P45
PSU: Seasonic SS-650HT 650Watt
Case: Fractal Design Core 3000

Very very nice. I love the Fractal Core 3000 case.:D

I just got my r4 case, while it looks good, the two fans came dirty and full of dust. not in the used sense but in the sense they'd been exposed to the elements or something as the dirt cant be easily cleaned off it. did this happen to anyone? its not a cheap case, fans should be as white as they are.

All the parts have arrived!

IMG_0002.jpg

Is it really smaller than my printer o_O

IMG_0003.jpg

Great fit on the shelf :p

IMG_0006.jpg

It's pretty cramped in there :/

IMG_0020.jpg

Really cramped :/

IMG_0022-1.jpg

Not so bad from this angle

IMG_0025.jpg

Good modular clearance even being 160mm :p

IMG_0027.jpg

And the back

IMG_0028.jpg

Just built a basic box for my Sister and her husband. After using a XL for my build, I was expecting the Core 1000 to be a bit more "sturdy". I guess for the price, one can't expect too much. It will be fine for them.

For me..I wanted something unique. Define XL fully modded. 3 stage PPG, lots of powder coating, paracord sleeved all the wiring (cept for the stinkin fat USB3 cable) gutted the bottom end of the case and fabbed up my own mid-panel. Moved the 180mm fan to the bottom inside the lower compartment to exhaust some of the front 280 rad heat. built a custom bay cover to hide the rear of the pump and mount the Sammy 250gb SSD. Still workin on gettin a water block for the GPU and some other odds and ends like the custom built front door. I have it nearly complete. Using translucent red acrylic that will be painted and the edges polished smooth, then backlit to make the edges "glow" Pic of test lighting. The side panel will be done the same way. Got the accents finished, now gotta start workin on the back lighting.

Last edited:
Ok all. Here it is! My Fingers still hurt from installing it all. :D

Spec's are in my SIG.

Caseedited-XL.jpg

Full Size

Folding temps are as follows:

GPU1 72c, GPU2 74c, GPU 3 72c, GPU 4 58c, stock fan speeds.

Game temps are slightly less.

Wow I'll bet that system screams lundrog! Nice!! Gaming temps are less?

I replaced my 3570k with a 3930k, and my 1155 motherboard with a ASUS Rampage IV Extreme motherboard.

I also replaced my AIO water cooler with a Thermaltake CLW0217 Water 2.0 Extreme/All-In-One Liquid Cooling System.

image-XL.jpg

Spec's are in my Sig, Using five 140mm Fractal Case Fan's. And a 140mm Silverstone Case fan on the side door for intake.

I have six ssd's in raid in a Thermaltake MAX-1562 5.25 HDD bay, as you can see this opened up my case.

I have to say , I am very happy with this rig!

Comments welcome!

My Core 1000 build.

I5-2500K
GeminII M4 cooler
EVGA GTX 660
Asrock H77M
8GB GSKILL DDR3 1600
OCZ Agility 3 64GB
WD Black 1.5TB
Thermaltake 850W Black Widow
Fractal Core 1000

Fractal2_zps804f105c.jpg

Fractal1_zpsc2dff4b2.jpg

P3250708_zpsbd981b4b.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my Fractal Design Core 1000. Bought it from Newegg when it was on sales for $25. This is a build for my parents.

RBPC from above post really did a great job on cable management! There's barely any room in the case for me to hide any sort of cables. I tried my best. Not the best but I guess acceptable.

dsc03711oz.jpg

dsc03709e.jpg

dsc03710q.jpg

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

AMD A6-5400K
MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard
G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Back