Fractal Design Gallery

Super clean machine you have there PerfectCR.
I've been wanting that exact case for a while now. Just something about the Define R4 with the window that does it for me. Maybe I'll bite on one soon and move my office pc into it.

Super clean machine you have there PerfectCR.
I've been wanting that exact case for a while now. Just something about the Define R4 with the window that does it for me. Maybe I'll bite on one soon and move my office pc into it.

Thanks. Yes the window is nice (I noted this in my Newegg review) because it is only the size it needs to be to show the motherboard. Not the PSU / HDD's/ or the fans above (if you have any). The magnet holding the front door closed was also a nice surprise. Amazingly my temps are no different in this case even with only the two stock fans on 5V vs. my old Antec Nine Hundred with 4 fans. Removable drive case was really nice too.

I thought I would throw a few pics into this thread. I just replaced my Antec Nine Hundred with a Define R4 w/Window in Arctic White. Looks great, very classy AND quiet. Rig is in my sig. This was my first "modern" case with real cable management. What a pleasure it was to build and it looks very clean. Very happy with this one! :D

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3460907/Fractal%20R4/R4left.JPG[/IMG]

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3460907/Fractal%20R4/R4lefttop.JPG[/IMG]

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3460907/Fractal%20R4/R4front.JPG[/IMG]

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3460907/Fractal%20R4/R4frontopen.JPG[/IMG]

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3460907/Fractal%20R4/R4rightopen.JPG[/IMG]

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3460907/Fractal%20R4/R4window.JPG[/IMG]

Very sharp looking system! I didn't think I liked white cases but damn that looks nice (it's changing my mind lol)...

Very sharp looking system! I didn't think I liked white cases but damn that looks nice (it's changing my mind lol)...

Yea. White cases look so much cleaner than black ones. They stand out if you set them up right. The only thing I don't like is that red led on the power button. I wish it was blue like the black model.

Yea. White cases look so much cleaner than black ones. They stand out if you set them up right. The only thing I don't like is that red led on the power button. I wish it was blue like the black model.
Thanks! Yeah I could go either way on that one. They must have felt red went better with White. I don't feel strongly either way.

My Fractal Core 1000

1st Place Best in Looks "SFF Category" - Games and Gadgets Expo 2012 (Davao City - Philippines)

(sorry for the phone cam)

(sorry for the phone cam)

hello,everyone. i'm new to here.
you guys mod cool, i'm a little bit jealous:)

here is my Fractal Core 1000. i love this chassis.

O5HeQl.jpg

it's pretty hard clean cable management
VEW2Vl.jpg

L3Kwal.jpg

XAkHQl.jpg

changed power led blue to red
sb4HYl.jpg

G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600(4x4GB)
Geforce 550ti
Corsair CMPSU-750AX
PX-128M3P + WD5000BPVT
Fractal Design Core 1000

Last edited:
hello,everyone. i'm new to here.
you guys mod cool, i'm a little bit jealous:)

here is my Fractal Core 1000. i love this chassis.

it's pretty hard clean cable management

changed power led blue to red

That is very nice and clean. I have a core 1000 also, but mine isn't done up that nicely :)

@imufuzak

What fan is that on you're heatsink?? I've been looking for gold bladed fans forever!!

Thanks for the info. Sucks tho, cuz it seems that it's only available with the cooler. Looks like I'll need to email thermalright

Does anyone have an experience with the Fractal Design Define XL Black Pearl's top diagonal 180mm fan fitting against CPU fans badly?

I'm not sure, but it looks like the space might be tight. Worst case I can take the fan out, but it's a nice (and odd) feature to have in a case, and I would like to keep it.

Bought the R4 for my gf (might have to get one for myself) and it's a really nice case. It's not the best I've done and the lack of modular PSU annoyed me a bit. No reverse shot because I was lazy.

After the pic I had to switch around the sata cables and move the GPU power cables so I could lift and support the vid card a little.

0dsc02909.jpg

dsc02917.jpg

dsc02927.jpg

yjgdqi.jpg

dsc02936.jpg

CPU i5 3570k 4.5

Mainboard P8Z77-V DELUXE

RAM Kingston KHX1600C9D3X2K2 8GB1600(2x4GB)

Graphic Card ASUS GTX570 DirectCUII-2

Harddisk WD Caviar Blue 1TB 64MB

Power Corsair GS 800 W

Case Corsair Graphite Series™ 600T White

Cooler Intel BXRTS2011LC

Monitor AOC I2353PH

Last edited:
the data makes a mistake tiny , ++ , The a little , ++ ,

English is not my type.

Last edited:
I just got my R4 (Pearl Black) about an hour ago. It looks great!

Time to cut out some fan grills and remount smaller feet in the front so I can pull the bottom dust screen out from the front instead of the back (which is a pain to get to behind my desk.)

I got my Fractal Design Define XL Black Pearl today. Unfortunately I wont be able to use it 'till April, as that's when the rest of the planned parts are being bought!

One hdd in the drive bay, and the ssd is mounted behind the motherboard.

I think I'm going to put both my HDDs an Akust 2 HDD anti-vibration 5.25" -> 3.5" adapter in one of the top bays, and my SSD secured to the case floor with a velcro dot. The SSD won't look good there, but it'll be easily accessible at least.

Working out of a R4, took out the hdd cages and have been undecided on what to do with the ssds.
20130105_012803_zps3170ae6a.jpg

PM:

There's a total of 8 rivets you need to take out.
4 of them is at the bottom of the case right below the hdd cage, the rest is in the bottom of the 5.25" drive bay.
I used a normal drill with a drill bit that was a little bit larger than the rivets, and just drilled down till it popped out.
To take out the 4 in the bottom of the 5.25" drive bay you're gonna need a rivets removing tool, or a smaller drill. It's pretty tight in there (that's what she said).
Even when I had remove all of the rivets, I had to jerk it around to get it loose.

Hope that was any helpful at all.

@imufuzak, thanks! The only issue I was having with it was that the video card fans were hitting the sound card which was making a really annoying scraping noise. You can't really see it in the photos but there is a small black plastic container (where are put all my extra computer screws) underneath the video card which which keeps the card from "sloping" and hitting the sound card. Problem fixed!

Fractal Design Define R4. Under the hood is Sapphire’s Radeon HD 7950 and Pure Black 990FX motherboard. 16GB of AMD “Performance Edition” DDR3. Keeping AMD’s 8-core FX-8150 3.6GHz processor cool while gaming is AMD’s new Liquid CPU Cooler. The cooling fans are 140mm and 120mm Xigamatek cooling fans with White LEDS. We used "Smoke Detector" Test spray made by GE, just sprayed it in front of the PC...

amd_fx_8150_dirt_ultimate_gaming_pc_giveaway_fractal_design_case_mod_cpu_cooler_mnpctech4.jpg

amd_fx_8150_dirt_ultimate_gaming_pc_giveaway_fractal_design_case_mod_cpu_cooler_mnpctech1.jpg

amd_fx_8150_dirt_ultimate_gaming_pc_giveaway_fractal_design_case_mod_cpu_cooler_mnpctech2.jpg

amd_fx_8150_dirt_ultimate_gaming_pc_giveaway_fractal_design_case_mod_cpu_cooler_mnpctech3.jpg

amd_fx_8150_dirt_ultimate_gaming_pc_giveaway_fractal_design_case_mod_cpu_cooler_mnpctech5.jpg

amd_fx_8150_dirt_ultimate_gaming_pc_giveaway_fractal_design_case_mod_cpu_cooler_mnpctech6.jpg

amd_fx_8150_dirt_ultimate_gaming_pc_giveaway_fractal_design_case_mod_cpu_cooler_mnpctech7.jpg

amd_fx_8150_dirt_ultimate_gaming_pc_giveaway_fractal_design_case_mod_cpu_cooler_mnpctech8.jpg

Back