Forza Horizon 5 (Mexico)

oh yeah, graphically it looks amazing, but tbf horizon 4 also did (and still does.) graphics were to the point where i think they could've focused on real gameplay innovations, instead we keep getting this barely incremental crap.

Super pumped for this. I've got 90+ hours in FH4. It's nice to just grab your favorite car and just drive around with no place to go for hours. I'll probably get the premium edition.

Anyone familiar with the differences between the Windows Store vs Steam editions of FH4? I have no complaints about the Windows Store version, but not sure in the Steam version has any benefits.

Official site: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/forza-horizon-5

Is the map going to be a respectable size this time, or are we still going to be stuck with the same baby playground crap? It needs to be at least 5 times bigger than Horizon 4.
that was my number 1 concern for fh5 too. you're exactly right, it's about one fifth the size it should be. you can navigate around the entire map entirely too fast and you lose the fun of exploring new things literally within like 2 hours of gameplay.

Glad they're focusing on the important things...

https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/Forza-Horizon-5-Coming-to-Mexico
1623683746404.png

Oh well, I guess I'll just wait for FM8.

wait... are you telling me you're that offended by the inclusion of pronouns?

jesus, you really cannot say ANYTHING these days without offending someone.
It's the word "accessible" that got me. I always pick the generic driver in racing games because I don't care what they look like, what their feelings are, or how they identify. They have been making the driver creation process in the Horizon games more involved with every iteration and I hate having to go through it every time. I wish they'd go back to the original game where it just threw you right into the thick of it while the driver remained faceless. In that manner it felt like it was actually me participating in Horizon instead of some preset fictional avatar that can't represent me in any way.

It's the word "accessible" that got me. I always pick the generic driver in racing games because I don't care what they look like, what their feelings are, or how they identify. They have been making the driver creation process in the Horizon games more involved with every iteration and I hate having to go through it every time. I wish they'd go back to the original game where it just threw you right into the thick of it while the driver remained faceless. In that manner it felt like it was actually me participating in Horizon instead of some preset fictional avatar that can't represent me in any way.
so spam the A button and don't give two shits about the character creation process.... how can it be any more complicated than that? sounds like you're just trying to find something to get upset about

and you just got offended by him being offended.
lots of us dont buy into the sjw crap and they just need to leave it out of entertainment, period.
Yeah keep appealing to only hypersensitive white guys who get bent out of shape by a driver in another car having a prosthetic limb.

It's the same trash that people couldn't handle when SW Squadrons (amongst others) when they showed the different characters you could be. Like, ffs, you're not the only one with money and not the only one they're trying to appeal to, get over it.

Stop being racist, thanks!
Well it does make you wonder how many people saying the game looks "meh" would have a different tune if it was "Forza San Antonio" or "Forza Arizona" instead of Forza Messico.

Like I can actually go down the posts spotting them "that one.... that one.... mayyyybe that one, I'll report him too just to be safe, etc."

And it sickens me the way I'll now have to drive around Jalisco or Guadelajara with two prosthetic limbs and a pussyhat just to prove some point, when in reality I'm bored by racing games to the point of brain damage. A crisp, enveloping, tidal wave of boredom. I am Stephen Hawking rolled into a room full of bees to see if he blinks and there's no reaction.

Last edited:
I don't see anybody complaining about the game being in Mexico. I think Mexico is a fantastic choice. I'm just severely disappointed that the map is still so small despite this supposedly being a current gen title.

And it sickens me the way I'll now have to drive around Jalisco or Guadelajara with two prosthetic limbs and a pussyhat just to prove some point
thanks to Poe's Law i have no idea if this is a serious comment or not :LOL:

I don't see anybody complaining about the game being in Mexico. I think Mexico is a fantastic choice.

Yes, I'm goofing around. However, the moment someone brings up the game being "unrealistic" because there are no "Cartel vehicles" or "executions", I will be duty bound to hit the report button, yes. The last thing Forza Mexico needs is more stereotypes.

I'm just severely disappointed that the map is still so small despite this supposedly being a current gen title.

What the game lacks in map size they can hopefully make up for in downloadable skins and cosmetics.

Okay this doesn't look half bad

oh yeah, graphically it looks amazing, but tbf horizon 4 also did (and still does.) graphics were to the point where i think they could've focused on real gameplay innovations, instead we keep getting this barely incremental crap.

what new gameplay innovations?...if the game is already a 5 star looker with FH4 then it seems incremental changes is all that is really needed with 5 and a new map to play in

the developer confirmed that ray tracing will be present in Forza Horizon 5, although not in a way most would prefer...“Ray tracing is utilised in Forzavista to make the cars look even more true to real life,” reads Playground Games’ post

What this means is, ray tracing is only present in the game’s car viewer that’s known as Forzavista...you won’t be able to make use of it while actually playing the game, it’s just there to make cars look prettier via the car viewer aka Forzavista

with FH4.. for me the real fun is in trolling. If you have friends it's even better if you form a club. Since you can't interact with other randos since they ghost near you.. you interact with everything else.

A couple examples in FH4..

The long straights on the right of the map where people test top speeds.. get people to chase you but get a big head start. (here's where friends come in if you have them.. I usually load up the Police Interceptor Crown Vic and sit down the freeway out of view while my friend drums up a big crowd to race). As you see the crowd come up on the map, attempt to ride next to one of the larger vehicles.. a snow plow, 18 wheeler, bus.. time it just right... and pull off a pit manouver just as people are coming up on you. It's even better if you pull it off near an overpass. Everyone goes flying and exploding all over the place. Sometimes we'd stage the straights by pushing stuff like hay bales, cars, onto the road beforehand.

The tunnels... pick a long one with a curve. Sit on the other end of the curve (out of view) turning vehicles around coming the other way. (if you turn them more then 50% they don't drive off) You can pile so many of them there is no way to get through the tunnel without bashing through it. Friends come in handy here too.. which helps clog the tunnels faster. Larger vehicles are also used to push cars around faster... like the Gurka or HMMMV

what new gameplay innovations?...if the game is already a 5 star looker with FH4 then it seems incremental changes is all that is really needed with 5 and a new map to play in
what..? why? what i meant was that the game's visuals and overall presentation are so good (damn near perfect) that i feel more development effort could have been focused on new gameplay concepts and innovations. the minor incremental improvements with each game are making the series feel extremely stale (at least to me as a long time forza player/fan.) this is the first horizon that i'm just not super excited for.

what..? why? what i meant was that the game's visuals and overall presentation are so good (damn near perfect) that i feel more development effort could have been focused on new gameplay concepts and innovations. the minor incremental improvements with each game are making the series feel extremely stale (at least to me as a long time forza player/fan.) this is the first horizon that i'm just not super excited for.

again what new gameplay concepts?...it's a racing game, there's only so much you can do with it

Back