- Joined
- Sep 7, 2011
- Messages
- 10,219
sweet
I may partake of this. This looks like the only Horizon game I've ever been interested in.
I may partake of this. This looks like the only Horizon game I've ever been interested in.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
PC preload is available now on the Windows Store if anyone was interested.
When I got the code last week, it just downloaded a small 3.5mb file that was a placeholder that would just say "you're too early, check back later." Today when I checked, instead of the blue Play button, it changed to Update and that allowed me to start the full preload. All of this was done through the Windows Store app btw.
If you go to your Library in the Windows Store there should be a down arrow on top of an underscore on the far right of the title. Click it to start downloading.Did you have to do anything special to get it going? I pre-ordered through the Xbox website. It pre-loaded a good while ago on my Xbox. On Windows store, it says I own it, but I see no option to pre-load.
Good point. FH3 requires the AU.I had to get the Windows 10 anniversary update before I could preload. All set now, really looking forward to playing this with my TX wheel.
I preordered the Ultimate version and downloaded it last night just fine.
If you go to your Library in the Windows Store there should be a down arrow on top of an underscore on the far right of the title. Click it to start downloading.
G-Sync works with Apex, so it should work with Horizon.Early reports indicate the performance is pretty good, so that is nice to hear.
I hope Gsync works ok, had some gsync problems with Gears of War Ultimate and Quantum Break. I think just one of my 980s will give me good performance at 1080p. I don't expect SLI to work but if it does maybe I can get some DSR going.
G-Sync works with Apex, so it should work with Horizon.
Oh I remember it and I wont forget it. Hes gonna eat that damn hat to!Cool, that is good news.
Hah, just read your sig, looks like someone is going to have to eat a hat in the not to distant future.
Cool, that is good news.
Hah, just read your sig, looks like someone is going to have to eat a hat in the not to distant future.
Well he said Horizon doesn't count, but whatever. Forza 7 will be coming to PC and it will have full feature parity with the Xbox version when it comes out next year.Oh I remember it and I wont forget it. Hes gonna eat that damn hat to!
Why doesn't horizon count. He said forza game. I knew he would try and stipulate his way out if it.
He did specifically say "Forza 7"... regardless... it's pretty much certain that a year from now we'll be seeing Forza 7 on PC. He's got some time to shop around for an appetizing hat.
He did specifically say "Forza 7"... regardless... it's pretty much certain that a year from now we'll be seeing Forza 7 on PC. He's got some time to shop around for an appetizing hat.
I'm sure he can find someone to make him a giant bacon hat in the next year. Then he can stream it on Twitch under the whatever the food category is.
Why does horizon not count?My main plan is olive oil and breadcrumbs.
I did say "forza 7" and in the same thread I said horizon does not count, but with Gears and Forza Horizon coming to PC same-day as XBone, I may need to look at recipes...
Why does horizon not count?
MS has stated that, from now on their first party titles will be coming to PC. So...yea, PC is getting Forza 7.
They retracted that statement and clarified to mean that all 1st party titles at E32016 were coming to the PC.
So there is still hope... Oh my poor stomach may get a break..
There should have been, when I went to install it, I was asked which drive to send it to.Hm I don't think there was an option to install to a different drive was there?
I'll be sure to put it up on the Zenith at work.I've already picked the hat, it is an ACTUAL flexfit black baseball cap. I'm a man of my word, but I did not promise a successful demolishing of my headwear, I said I'd at least attempt to eat it with help from actual foodstuffs.
If it does come to be, I'll make sure to make the livestream readily advertised to HardOCP so I can at least get a few views from the ordeal....
Same.There should have been, when I went to install it, I was asked which drive to send it to.
I suspect the reason they worded it that way was because they want to see how well the current crop of Play Anywhere titles do before going forward with more games. If Horizon and Gears 4 do well I bet next year MS will announce all of their E32017 first party titles as Play Anywhere games. If not just say that everything is coming to the PC and not change their minds this time.
Review says it is gorgeous but demanding! Forza Horizon 3 (PC) review impressions: Get ready to make your graphics card sweat
That wouldn't be so bad if it supported SLI, but impressions I'm seeing is that it's not going to, at least not at launch. I guess my little 980 is going to have to struggle until someone figures out SLI.
Ya, resolution is just a little important when talking about performance. Apex defaulted to 5K for me due to my DSR settings. Fortunately the game runs smoothly at 60 FPS with Ultra settings. I can easily break 200 FPS at 1080p.I'm with you there, my poor 980 is now two years old and SLI is probably not going to do anything. I get great performance in Forza Apex at 1080p, every single setting maxed and still constantly over 100fps. FH3 should be more demanding since it is open world and all, but I still expect the 980 to work just fine for my 1080p monitor.
That PCWorld article did not seem to mention the resolution they were running, just that they were on a 980Ti and that they could barely get 60fps. There are videos on YouTube already showing people with a 980Ti running this at 4k 60fps so maybe PCWorld was either running this at 4k themselves or they had some problems.
I'd say it's close to The Crew with simulation handling turned on if you turn all the aids off in Horizon, maybe a little between sport and simulation. The physics are just toned down a little from the main Forza series, so it's really still "simcade." I'd say if you like games like The Crew and NFS that you'll like Horizon.Having not played the others in the series, how realistic is it? I like games like Need for Speed and the Crew and don't really care for Gran Turismo. Where does this fall?