Forza 3... Who's Getting It?

Just got this last week. Best racing game I have ever played. Graphics are astounding. No racing game on the pc comes remotely close to this game. ps3 system is eating a lot of dust now.

things that annoy me of late

in multiplayer lobby's, when you choose to load a tune for your selected car, it makes you go through the cars first, select that car, then choose the tune.....it could simply go straight to the available tunes like it does in other offline modes....very time consuming and annoying especially when theres 10 seconds before the game launches and you realize you needed to change a tune real quick...you cant

also, lets say you have a car that you use and have tunes for C and B class, and lets say you sit down and decide you want to race online in C class, but the last time you used the car the day before you were using it as a B class car.....you can't get to the car in the online lobby when you choose select car! it should allow you to choose any car at first, then only let you choose a tune that fits into the class of the room, so you can choose a car which is currently tuned for B, and load the C class tune and use it, it already locks out tunes that dont fall into the room parameters, open it up Turn 10 and make it less of a PITA please...i know what people will say, buy the same car again and then you can use it....but that's perfectly asinine when i already own the car and the tune for the given class, dont make me buy the car again!! as things are now i have to back completely out of the lobby and go change the tune on the car, and then hope i can get back in that same room again, if not i may be forced to get in another room with some people who are not playing at the same level or as competitively...just because i wanted to change a cars tune class....that really disturbs the flow of my enjoyment

voting....ok....it seems like you would want voting to be somewhat if not totally anonomous right? if someone votes to kick a person who is lagging or playing around messing it up for everyone else, and you choose to "vote to kick", it shows you were the one that voted simply by order of the check boxes, player on top of the room list is box 1 and so forth.....i think it should simply have a counter with voted "yes" and "no" so it would say Yes 3, No 2 and the numbers would simply change to reflect the vote, not point out who voted how, its a small thing but i think it should be anonomized

online lobby time between races....how about every 5 races make the time more like 3 minutes from end of one race to the start of the next please, give us a chance to take a leak or quick smoke break, whatever fits your situation, OR add a Ready/Not Ready tick box like in private rooms....allow us to stick with the same group of people we have been racing with for the past hour but sit out for one race if you are not going to give us a longer intermission at some point please! its real simple see, someone goes "Not Ready" for more than one race, have it auto boot them at the beginning of the second race, but this would make for a much more enjoyable online experience, not everybody can go get a drink, pee or anything else in a minute and a half!!

and whats with the AWD cars always having an edge, it was bad enough in Forza2, but a properly tuned RWD car with a competent driver could still edge out the AWD models frequently, but if you look at the leaderboards for heavens sake....a VW Golf MkII, no doubt with all four paws should not be dominating the scoreboards!! not to mention the S4/S5....things are skewed more to the advantage of AWD this time around, not the direction it needed to go in, we need a rebalancing please...

i am loving this game, but these are just a few things that seem like they are pretty obviously in need of fixing that have been bugging me....

nope.

had under 10m credits & didnt bid ridiculously high on the AH though, that's probably why.

i heard some people got banned, not sure what the criteria was, because i know for a fact that just having used the glitch to get some quick cash wasn't enough, i didn't do it much but did turn some quick cash to buy cars and tunes with on storefront, never went near the auction house though, maybe that was it?

i heard that they have the ability to see your stats and compare how much money you have and have spent or received offline or online and can compare that to what you have now and if there was a descrepancy they could ban you, but its not that simple or i would be banned and so would tons of others, so i am guessing it was auction house related only

Just got this last week. Best racing game I have ever played. Graphics are astounding. No racing game on the pc comes remotely close to this game. ps3 system is eating a lot of dust now.

NFS Shift graphicaly?

yes forza 3 is the best console racing game thats for sure but i do rate rfactor and gtr evo ahead of this though.

I don't know... I played SHIFT on the PC and even with all the options turned up it just never looked that impressive. Some of the effects were good, but I think I just didn't rate the style they decided to use for the graphics.

i heard some people got banned, not sure what the criteria was, because i know for a fact that just having used the glitch to get some quick cash wasn't enough, i didn't do it much but did turn some quick cash to buy cars and tunes with on storefront, never went near the auction house though, maybe that was it?

i heard that they have the ability to see your stats and compare how much money you have and have spent or received offline or online and can compare that to what you have now and if there was a descrepancy they could ban you, but its not that simple or i would be banned and so would tons of others, so i am guessing it was auction house related only

Well, they said they went through and banned an additional 1400 accounts, but i still havent gotten the banstick >.>

but like i said, that's probably because i didn't over-inflate unicorn car prices and such, or after the initial ban wave sell 20,000,000cr cars on the AH to use for other stuff.

Finally got around to picking up this game, and re-hooked my MS wheel back up. :eek: I... I think I'm in love with this game. Best racing SIM I've ever touched.

Yup, I'm just about to try on the game on the new Plasma...can't freakin' wait as MW2 has been awesome since I've replaced the LCD.

im level 15 now. had to restart as my last 360 got banned lmao. brought a new elite and up and running

no im from uk. i got the elite with 4 games and two control pads for £200.

my console was out of waranty anyway before it was modded.

Awesome livery here for anyone with the first DLC pack...

24mt8px.jpg

m0dus am god

what car is that? nissan skyline? looks sweet. Physo, add me on LIVE mate so i can invite u to some races i do with some other mates

what car is that? nissan skyline? looks sweet. Physo, add me on LIVE mate so i can invite u to some races i do with some other mates
To be honest I haven't had time to play this at all, nor can I see myself having time to for a good while.

(Apologies to anyone I was suppose to be playing with)

It would be less depressing if I didn't have a ludicrously expensive steering wheel and pedal set gathering cobwebs. =/

You still play often Psycho? I don't see you on XBL very often.

Some buddies and I are racing A600 BMW M3's tonight (any version) tonight at 8 PM Central if anyone wants to join in.

You still play often Psycho? I don't see you on XBL very often.

Some buddies and I are racing A600 BMW M3's tonight (any version) tonight at 8 PM Central if anyone wants to join in.

great car, not so easy to tune and drive well with all assists turned off either....the benz are my main car, i have an M30 built for C and B classes and an E36 built for B as well, might have an A class tune in there....i focus on RWD only cars, working on the 2010 Nissan GTR SpecV with the RWD swap as an S class car, pretty nice car

Man, is it just me or are those choices really weak? I think I saw 2 or 3 cars total I'd be interested in...

I have to ask... how old are you? :D

There are some freaking fantastic cars in those lists.

26 and I love classic cars but most of those (IMHO) are crap. I <3 the Porsche Spyder, I'm all over the BMW 2002...but not much else.

I must admit that I struggled to pick ten in some... but there are at least 5 cars in each of those lists that I REALLY like.

Ford Probe...I mean really?

The muscle cars I'm cool with although I very rarely race them. What gets me though is that I don't want to pay for car pack #1 which has 3 or 4 cars that I'd love to use (458 Italia, GT-R, 599 XX), there's no way I'd consider paying for a pack with the cars they listed.

There are obviously some dogs... but then in that group with the Probe you have:

1959 Aston Martin DBR1
500x_k_1959_aston_martin_dbr1.jpg

1955 Porsche 550A Spyder
500x_l_1955_porsche_550a_spyder.jpg

1986 Ford Capri 3.0S (If you're not a Brit, you wont understand this)
500x_k_1986_ford_capri_30s.jpg

1970 Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda
500x_l_1970_plymouth_hemi_cuda.jpg

1990 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evo II (Pure madness)
500x_1990_mercedesbenz_190e2516evolutionii1.jpg

1995 BMW 850CSi
500x_l_1995_bmw_850_csi.jpg

car racing games are fun for me if i have a real wheel. i'm not very good with the controller. i have the impression that when natal releases, it will support a version of forza. i think that kind of control will be better than a controller and i won't have to pay for a dedicated wheel peripheral. i'll stick with pgr4 for now ($15) and buy forza with natal.

Yes...some great oldies and muscles cars in there which I would like to have..but for me, and I know it wont win...subaru SVX (and others)
yeah, any suby and i get happy. LOL
I missed poll 1-3, so missed my old legacy, and sti rtype r.
<<<<<<suby fanboy

1955 Porsche 550A Spyder
500x_l_1955_porsche_550a_spyder.jpg

I saw one of these a few months ago (not a knock off) at the Rolex Sports Car races at Barber Motorsports Park (15 mins from where I live). Mr. Barber has one...freaking GORGEOUS (he's got probably $30-40 million worth of cars).

Yes...some great oldies and muscles cars in there which I would like to have..but for me, and I know it wont win...subaru SVX (and others)
yeah, any suby and i get happy. LOL
I missed poll 1-3, so missed my old legacy, and sti rtype r.
<<<<<<suby fanboy

My wife has an '02 bugeye Impreza WRX. A blast to drive although I've never been a big fan of turbochargers nor AWD.

Back