Forza 3... Who's Getting It?

Jerome36

2[H]4U
I'm really looking forward to this game, and obviously we knew it was coming. I had only seen some screenshots, and the debut trailer that was shown during Microsoft's Keynote (which can be found at ForzaMotorsport.net), and in the video they show one car sort of flip and roll in the air and then land and roll on the track. Somebody had mentioned in the Microsoft Keynote thread, that the game would have roll-overs now, but even though I saw it in the trailer I thougth I'd wait for official word.

GameTrailers has a short video (see below) with the game director for Forza, and yes... there are roll-overs, which is pretty cool. The damage looks much better then Forza 2, so that'll be sweet. Either way, asside from the actual racing, one of my favorite aspects (starting with the original), is the car customization.

New Features and Improvements Interview
Gameplay Showcase
Press Conference Footage
E3 09 Debut Trailer

Lets keep this about Forza 3, if you know what I mean. :p

Last edited:
Ooohhhh god YES!

I have been waiting for GT5 to buy a PS3. But Forza 2 and now 3 will probably stop me from ever getting a PS3.

Driving sims are predominantly the only type of game I play on consoles other than the classic NES/SNES/Genesis games. The 360 clearly has the best racing sims of the consoles right now. I am glad I didn't get a PS3 for my driving sim fix. Thanks Turn10. :)

idk, I have both PS3 and 360 sooo if this comes out first I will get it, otherwise eh.

Buying this for sure. Won't even bother waiting for reviews.

Probably not unless I see it in a bargain bin somewhere. Forza 2 was extremely repetitive and the actual racing was rubbish. The other cars would go around the track like they were on rails, they could not be shoved and if you ever got in their way, you paid dearly for it.

Being able to muck around with car parts does not equal driving "simulation" when the racing is unrealistic crap. I wish Forza and Gran Turismo would realise this.

forza 2 was great and this wil be a first day purchase for me also and a great way to clear the dust off my 360

Yeup I am for sure, especially with employee discount at the company store :)

Hell yeah. Looks fantastic, and apparently the career mode has been completely overhauled too so hopefully it wont end up a slog at the end like F2 was.

I can't wait. I splurged on the wireless wheel last time around for this and dirt and nothing else since has really done it for me. I prefer forza to gt, personally.

I will if I can use my G25 with it.

Unfortunately we know this probably will never happen...at least until gt5 comes out. At that point maybe they'll reconsider given that it would eliminate one advantage of the game. I'd still be surprised if they do it, though.

Unfortunately we know this probably will never happen...at least until gt5 comes out. At that point maybe they'll reconsider given that it would eliminate one advantage of the game. I'd still be surprised if they do it, though.

Yeah, but I'm in the same boat, I own a G25 which I got new for $350 Australian over a year ago. I'm not buying forza 3 unless it either supports the G25, or I can sell my G25 and buy a new wheel just as good without spending much money. The latter isn't going to happen unless they start supporting wheels other than those overpriced Fanatec ones, and the former wont happen because MS are too stupid to realise its gonna hurt sales if they can't be compatible with one of the most common steering wheel among the mid range sim racing PC and PS3 fans, the same fans who are most likely to buy forza 3.

I'm probably going to get it. I have a PS3 as well but GT5 has not impressed me at all except graphics... I guess.

Yeah, but I'm in the same boat, I own a G25 which I got new for $350 Australian over a year ago. I'm not buying forza 3 unless it either supports the G25, or I can sell my G25 and buy a new wheel just as good without spending much money. The latter isn't going to happen unless they start supporting wheels other than those overpriced Fanatec ones, and the former wont happen because MS are too stupid to realise its gonna hurt sales if they can't be compatible with one of the most common steering wheel among the mid range sim racing PC and PS3 fans, the same fans who are most likely to buy forza 3.

I think it definitely makes sense for them to support it, especially since the ms wheel has come down in price a bit since it came out at $150. At less than half the price of the g25 I don't see them losing too many sales to it, especially factoring in people such as yourself who would buy the game without much thought having already dropped a bunch of money on a nice wheel. Even if they restricted it to just the g25 and blocked out all logitech's cheaper wheels I think most people would be satisfied. For the money, the ms wheel isn't too bad.

The official wheel for this game is the Fanatec Porsche wheel and that's 900 degrees. I own the MS wheel and I can't stand that piece of crap 240ish degrees.

Even though I also own a G25, I don't feel bad that it doesn't work for the 360 because Live for Speed + iRacing = better than Forza and GT combined. Although I occasionally use it on GT5P and I must say it's fun.

I'll be getting Forza 3 when it comes out but I'm not looking to buy another wheel for it. Forza 2 was held back significantly because of the shitty MS wheel.

P.S: The cockpit view is ruined by the crappy position of the hands on the wheel. Looks like a grandma is driving. It needs to sit a little lower, in the actual grooves.

Got Forza 2 and the MS Wheel when it came out, and this fall it looks like im gonna be getting Forza 3 and the new Wheel :D

No stupid camera will ever take the awesomeness from the real thing away from me :p

...you'd probably need a 360 first, and before you did that I'd wager you'd need a significant amount of psychotherapy to get you over your irrational hatred of them.

I have a launch premium 20GB, still working fine, probably because I've added three extra fans inside the box.

Well shake me silly. I'm surprised you don't spit at it every time you walk past.

You'll excuse me for not knowing sooner given you won't even allow it in your sig. :D

Really liked Forza 2 when I got it but I always thought that the graphics were lacking compared to other racers on the 360. I'm glad to hear that tiny "issue" has been dealt with in Forza 3. :D

I hope that they actually have 40 DIFFERENT tracks this time around. In F2 it was just variants of the different tracks and it got repetitive FAST. The new tracks, better career mode, and better ai will probably result in a purchase from me (if they can manage to do those things)

hell yeah im getting.. and i agree simon741.. the maps for forza 2 were disappointing.. plus no road america on the initial release.. though i liked the fact that more cars were upgradable and not upgrade locked due to the shitty rules set by the manufactures.. and i wish they would bring back indianapolis speedway(even though thats not what it was called.. but thats what the oval track from forza 1 was designed off of)..

also from the video's it looks like they fixed the vehicle physics interaction problem.. no more taping people and slingshoting them off the track like forza 2..
the crashes look better.. and i really hope that they bring the down hill and up hill tracks back so you can do some real drifting in the game.. pissed me off that those tracks were removed from forza 1..

Last edited:
I'm probably going to get it. I have a PS3 as well but GT5 has not impressed me at all except graphics... I guess.

But that is all anyone has seen :confused:

Unless you've played it of course. Any differences control wise over GT5p?

No-one has seen in game GT5 graphics yet either. All we have is the trailer.

How many of ya'll will do the 3+screen set up for this game?

I don't know anybody who has done this, starting with the first Forza Motorsports. It's cool, but I've never wanted to spend that much money to set something like that up.

It appears you will definitely need to install this game so make sure you have space free on your 20gb, if you have it or upgrade. Forza 3 will be two discs. First disc, main game and second disc extra cars and tracks.

Although, I liked Forza 2 (hated Forza 1), I am not sure if I will pick this up.

Both are valid reasons. I was just wondering if the lack of hdd space was it for you.

Anyone NOT like racing? I mean circuit racing?

I LOVE Forza 1 because of the point to point tracks. I used to spend 3-4 hours just testing out cars in POP and autocross. I'm never going to beable to go 120+ in a real track but my current car is a good autocrosser so I love games that has those features in it like LFS does.

I hope Forza 3 includes some POP but I don't think it does this late in the game.

I'll probably get it, it looks much better than F2 and from the vids I've seen so far it looks like they worked on physics much more this time around for F3.
One thing that concerns me, although I'm not picky but it's mainly the reason I lost interest in F2 quick, is the track selection.. I read somewhere that there will be 30 tracks with 3 variations for each one, please somebody prove me wrong. Still 30 tracks is plenty and will hold me over long enough until GT5.

I read somewhere that there will be 30 tracks with 3 variations for each one, please somebody prove me wrong.

The only thing I've heard is them saying there was "100 tracks," which I'm sure includes tracks that are just flipped, so you drive them in reverse, or in some cases a slight change in the path you take, but overall it's the same track.

Back