Forza 3... Who's Getting It?

Do some research then, because one exists already. Google Fanatec.

I'm a big wheel fan, and I really like what I've read about the Fanatec + Forza 3 combo. However, from what I've read, even the multi-system Fanatec wheels are really only good on the Xbox 360, and even more specifically, with Forza. Several reviews mentioned that they don't feel right with Playstation 3 games, for example Need for Speed: Shift and GT5P.

The new Fanatec PC-dedicated wheel (Porsche 911 GT3 RS Wheel) seems really sweet with the fully adjustable pedals (available separately for the 360 bundle, but the full metal pedal set is seriously expensive on its own) and the alcantara wrapped wheel. As much as I would love to buy a Fanatec wheel + Forza 3, I think I'm going to spring for the G27 + GT5 (when it's out.) I may end up buying Forza 3 anyways and see how well I can do with the controller - although I may snap and just end up ordering a Fanatec wheel if I *really* like Forza 3.

I think you should probably read the GTPlanet forums, because the Fanatec wheel works fantastically with GT5 Prologue.

I'm a big wheel fan, and I really like what I've read about the Fanatec + Forza 3 combo. However, from what I've read, even the multi-system Fanatec wheels are really only good on the Xbox 360, and even more specifically, with Forza. Several reviews mentioned that they don't feel right with Playstation 3 games, for example Need for Speed: Shift and GT5P.

The new Fanatec PC-dedicated wheel (Porsche 911 GT3 RS Wheel) seems really sweet with the fully adjustable pedals (available separately for the 360 bundle, but the full metal pedal set is seriously expensive on its own) and the alcantara wrapped wheel. As much as I would love to buy a Fanatec wheel + Forza 3, I think I'm going to spring for the G27 + GT5 (when it's out.) I may end up buying Forza 3 anyways and see how well I can do with the controller - although I may snap and just end up ordering a Fanatec wheel if I *really* like Forza 3.

I already perceive GT5 to be WAAAY better than Forza 3. Just from what I've experienced going from GT to Forza.

And as far as the wheel goes, The Fanatec wheel is awesome for both GT and Forza (from what I read), and there's no wheel that's good with Shift.

That's sad because GTR2 and GT Legends were developed by the same team and these guys have a background in sim racing. You would think they'd support wheels better.

The E and F class hoppers are up... I believe that's all classes catered for in terms of hoppers now.

That's sad because GTR2 and GT Legends were developed by the same team and these guys have a background in sim racing. You would think they'd support wheels better.

SimBin developed Forza? I thought it was Turn10.

He's talking about SHIFT.

That's correct - my "that's sad" comment was in reference to the earlier comment that no wheel is good with Shift. Forza 3, on the other hand, is supposed to be great with a wheel once you get the practice in.

Interesting. Thanks for the link. Doesn't interest me to do that so, no worries here. It doesn't affect anyone else, so it's not an issue.

Well... it does affect other people. Now, just like in the first game you can get as much money as you want meaning that prices for auctions will end up at ludicrous numbers again.

Well... it does affect other people. Now, just like in the first game you can get as much money as you want meaning that prices for auctions will end up at ludicrous numbers again.

the pricing structure is already wacked out if you ask me, the price for cars and parts went WAY up with some cars that cannot even be tuned to run well at any track costing 20 million credits!!

they will fix it soon in an update no doubt, the problem with game glitch fixes is that they are applied as updates on the hard drive, if you do a memory cache clear routine, it erases all game updates, where you can load up on money, then relaunch the game and get the update...so it's never gone for good for those that got the first dvd pressing, which is most people

the glitch does work though, and there's an easier way to do it too, faster anyways....but i digress...

That was a bigger issue because people hadn't wanted to finish the game and unlock cars. Every car is unlocked now, so they can just buy all the cars they want, any car they want from the game.

In reality, it's truly a minority of gamers. No doubt less than .00001%, if that.

I should have added, I love fact that they can ban cheaters from the auction house too. I love it.

I should have added, I love fact that they can ban cheaters from the auction house too. I love it.

they cant ban anyone for using the money bug error, or else they would have to ban anyone that has a bunch of money or just a bunch of cars......they only ban people from the auction house for posting up porographic type designs and the like

they cant ban anyone for using the money bug error, or else they would have to ban anyone that has a bunch of money or just a bunch of cars......they only ban people from the auction house for posting up porographic type designs and the like

They can ban by money glitches, yes. You would be amazed what they can see on their end. I know quite a few people on the Forza forums that were banned from the auction house for money glitching in FM2.

You can be sure that they can see the same, if not more, in FM3.

They can ban by money glitches, yes. You would be amazed what they can see on their end. I know quite a few people on the Forza forums that were banned from the auction house for money glitching in FM2.

I've gotta be honest, i used the glitch to get all the cars that i wanted for A class online racing, and im having a complete blast, i tuned all the cars myself, and bought a few paints on the storefront, but i have no interest in unicorn cars, so i dont use the auction house feature, if i do get banned, all well, it was fun while it lasted, but i highly doubt that it'll happen.

think about what you are saying....they aren't going to go on a massive money glitch offender ban in FM3.....the people who got in trouble in FM2 were those that made arrangements with an ebay seller or similar to offer a worthless car for 2 million credits and then the guy buys it, essentially selling you credits....

think about what you are saying....they aren't going to go on a massive money glitch offender ban in FM3.....the people who got in trouble in FM2 were those that made arrangements with an ebay seller or similar to offer a worthless car for 2 million credits and then the guy buys it, essentially selling you credits....

Nope.

There are some new fun multiplayer hoppers out today, you guys NEED to check them out, specifically, keep the IT.

fun minigame that's like tag with cars.

Pretty cool... there's a patch just gone out, and they added in driver shifting and handbrake animations. Not sure what else it does.

Oh, and there's a new hopper called expert which has sim damage on and all assists off.

Pretty cool... there's a patch just gone out, and they added in driver shifting and handbrake animations. Not sure what else it does.

Oh, and there's a new hopper called expert which has sim damage on and all assists off.

now this sounds great!!

Finally got my Live card and will be checking this out tonight! First thing I'm gonna do's hunt down an RX7 drift setup from the Blackjack team and learn how to drift!

Gamertag's Jodiuh if anyone cares to learn me tonight. :D

EDIT: video's kinda small, gonna see if this is on 360.

Not free. :(

Tune up question:
When searching the storefront I can see several different Mazda RX-7's. But I only see 2 available to buy. What are these extra Mazda RX-7 LC or F whatever cars? It makes it tough to figure out which one you need to match up against your car. It would be so much easier if you could do a search for your specific car. :(

Awesome:

samandmaxfinal.jpg

Wow. And these are all done using the game's layer/vinyl tools? The best I could manage was a big black stripe w/ the number 12 on the side...and that took me an hour. :D

That is really incredible. What's the name or how do I find that? I want it!

Was done by Jube3 of NeoGAF. It's on his storefront but I'm not sure what his gamertag is.

Back