Forza 2 Demo out tonight!

Attempting to make car physics completely realistic, to me, doesn't make for a very fun game. Yep, PGR3 is less realistic but taking those hard braking turns, skidding around, and then slamming on the gas is a blast. You have to drive much more conservatively in Forza2 and that, to me, isn't really all that fun. But, some people like ultra-realistics physics ... I'm just not one of them. I like that little step away that lets you do all sorts of funky ass stuff.

Like some others, after trying to complete a couple races and win, I gave up and turned it into a spectacular car crashes video ... trying to get more spectacular crashes. Annoyingly, though, after a certain point your car can't be damaged any further. Potentially the arcade version options.

Looks bad on my SHARP AQUOS 46" 1080P, which is pretty much a "reference" in 1080P LCDs.

Jaggies everywhere.

I would kill each and every one of you for a Ford GT :D

This thread is making me nervous that GT5 isn't going to live up to my expectations.
I'm not worried about GT5 what so ever, but I was expecting better with Forza2 but owe well I'll buy it and enjoy it. I just wished it looked better than PGR3. I just watched the vid for PGR4 and the visual department responsible for Forza2 should be shutteling over to Bizarre for some schooling.

Game looks good to me, 37" polaroid 1080p. Im pumped just to have a full racing sim for a next gen console. The online portion of the game will prob be tits. I will pour hours into this game.

I like the demo, but I have alot to get used to. I have a hard time steering with the analog stick. I think I'm going to have to buy the wheel for the game.

I have a feeling that with the painshop/decal shop/mods/tuning this is gonna end up being my favorite game in quite a long time, maybe ever. Will be hard to top my first mmorpg addiction/EQ though lol.

It's a freaking demo people. It's not going to have the final graphics as it is obviously an older build. It's also not going to have all the features. You guys are bitching about this like you paid for it. Reserve your stuck-up judgments for when the product gets out.

Great demo. The physics are spot on and its a blast to play. But to me it looks not much better than the first game. Very fluid though. Cant wait to see my xbox live reputation to plummet :D

It's a freaking demo people. It's not going to have the final graphics as it is obviously an older build. It's also not going to have all the features. You guys are bitching about this like you paid for it. Reserve your stuck-up judgments for when the product gets out.
Most playable demos aren't created until very late in the process...I've heard that the full game got approved to go gold even before this demo did. I'll be very surprised if the full version has graphics any different .

Most playable demos aren't created until very late in the process...I've heard that the full game got approved to go gold even before this demo did. I'll be very surprised if the full version has graphics any different .

I feel the same...

This game could really use some AA, but other than that it looks decent. Certainly not what I was expecting but passable I suppose. The gameplay itself seems fine, I can't wait to get a wheel and the full retail.

Well, why you guys are so stuck on graphics. which isnt bad at all. Wait til you play this online. This game is as addictive as halo 2.

I read from one of the TURN 10 guys (they call him che in the forza forum) that the AI difficulty was on easy-medium.

edit:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/permalink/133560/133681/ShowThread.aspx#133681

Good, I hope the AI gets better on medium. Sometimes they just act like you're not even there.

I'm surprised at how much slower the 911 Turbo seems, I consistently get better times(4-5 seconds better) with the Z06. Then again the damn Dodge Viper is a real pain to pass when driving the 911. With the Z06 you can just slide right past them :p.

Che stated on the fucking forza forums this is a full representation of the final product and nothing, including visuals, will be changed.

Great demo. Thia game feels far more like driving a car than any other console racer before. I don't understand what everyone is complaing about on the graphics side - looks pretty good to me....and to be honest, I would rather have my racer crunching as many numbers as possible over some showy and ultimately worthless graphic representation. Immersion comes from feel and the demo has it in spades. I just wish they had done the full Mugello circuit....it's a magnificent place and hosts epic car and motorcycle racing. Still there is a nice mix of on and off camber corners with elevation changes.

I'm really looking forward to this one.

Obviously not because now the devs have started blaming the dash update for the horrible aliasing and sparkling issues in the game.
I'm actually encouraged by that because it means maybe something can be fixed.

(Disclaimer: Game looked fine to me in the vids I've seen, but people are complaining so something must be wrong.)

It still looks pretty fucking good....
Compared to what? An xbox game maybe. It barely looks better than the xbox version. Considering the power of the 360 and comparision to other 360 games the graphics are underwhelming. I could understand if this was a first gen, launch game/port of the xbox version, like some of the 360 launch games were.

I have been having a blast with the demo!! I can't wait for the full game.

Anyone else wish there was a 30FPS or 60FPS option in the game. I sure wouldn't mind playing @ 30 for the extra eye candy & effects. Just play through a race, and watch the replay in the same camera mode for comparisons.

Compared to what? An xbox game maybe. It barely looks better than the xbox version.

I fired them both up side by side, used the RX8 for both , and the Alpine Ring in the original Forza. The Forza 2 demo clearly blows the original out of the water. If you cant see this then you are on drugs.

The game plays brilliantly. But as others have said, the graphics are a bit of a let down.

The game is suffering from a lack of AA and (if you ask me) AF.

Also the lighting seems totally wrong too. The cars are overly reflective and the reflections are too bright/white. Also is it me or do the decals and markings (look at the cars in the race spec class) look VERY low res? Some of the decals are barely readable?!

I hope they fix this stuff for the release. The lack of AA and AF especially need addressing. If this is simply a problem due to the Spring Update then I see no reason why it can't be fixed asap.

The game plays brilliantly. But as others have said, the graphics are a bit of a let down.

The game is suffering from a lack of AA and (if you ask me) AF.

Also the lighting seems totally wrong too. The cars are overly reflective and the reflections are too bright/white. Also is it me or do the decals and markings (look at the cars in the race spec class) look VERY low res? Some of the decals are barely readable?!

I hope they fix this stuff for the release. The lack of AA and AF especially need addressing. If this is simply a problem due to the Spring Update then I see no reason why it can't be fixed asap.

Yup the cars have a strange look to em. The game should have a photo realistic feel when watching replays, but it doesn't at all. Even the granturismo's on ps2 felt photo realistic at times. Considering how nice forza's visuals was on the inferior xbox it makes me wonder why there is virtually no significant change on the 360's hardware a year and a half into it's life.

Yup the cars have a strange look to em. The game should have a photo realistic feel when watching replays, but it doesn't at all. Even the granturismo's on ps2 felt photo realistic at times. Considering how nice forza's visuals was on the inferior xbox it makes me wonder why there is virtually no significant change on the 360's hardware a year and a half into it's life.
Actually I think the replays look pretty good....slap a dark blue paintjob on the Ford GT and then watch the replay.;) I think where Forza 2 went wrong is with the lighting (mentioned by the gentleman above) because it looks more like theres a giant flourescent fixture in the sky rather than a sun. I think the team that did GTHD got the lighting right and it makes all the difference with the way the car models look.

On a 32" Samsung LCD HDTV at 1366x768, this game looks stunning. I have Forza 1 right here and the difference is night and day on the same display. Forza 2 looks great and drives great. I couldn't stop talking about it at work today, felt like I was 20 again. :)

There is terrible aliasing in this game. I played with the porche in the demo (720p on my hdtv) and the top outline of the car looked like a staircase...so blocky. I hope they enable some AA in this game.

My $00.02 on this game is based on a mini-review of the demo I read somewhere. Once the reviewer said something along the lines of "This game isn't as realistic as most racers...", I stopped reading the review and Forza 2 became dead to me. Ever since I really got into GT3 on PS2 using the GT Logitech Force Feedback, I can't play any other racers. I'm hooked on the simulation aspect of driving that the GT series offers and it seems Forza 2 is more of an arcade racer. GT5 can't come out soon enough. Till then, I'll enjoy taking that tuned Skyline out for a spin in GT:HD. w00t!

Tater the review you read is completely wrong. Forza 2 is much more of a sim than Gran Turismo. I think the car physics are much more accurate and realistic. I would like to see this review you are talking about. Care to share a link please? Also if you have a 360 why not download the demo yourself and form your own opinion?

this game does not have realistic damage what a bummer :(

seriously think about it, if you turn around and go the wrong way on the track and slam heah on with a R2 class car about 150MPH with the other car going the same speed making for a 300MPH crash, both cars with be demolished instantly.

FM2 demo lacked what I was looking for, though I am still planning on giving it a chance upon release.

this game does not have realistic damage what a bummer :(

seriously think about it, if you turn around and go the wrong way on the track and slam heah on with a R2 class car about 150MPH with the other car going the same speed making for a 300MPH crash, both cars with be demolished instantly.

FM2 demo lacked what I was looking for, though I am still planning on giving it a chance upon release.

Again... Everyone needs to remember that the demo is the arcade version of the game.

In the sim mode, damage will fuck up your car. Bad. As in undriveable. You'll knock off doors, fenders, everything.

Again, the demo is NOT an accurate representation of the sim portion of the game.

Oh, and the physics blow GT out of the water. No question there.

Have they released any info on the collectors edition yet? I see that the pre-order bonus is a NissanFairlady Z, so I might head over to the local EB and see if the offer is valid in Canada as well. I remember they said the collectors edition would also have a bonus car, I wonder what it will be?

Back