Forspoken

You guys are a glutton for punishment. I stopped preordering games way back when Watch Dogs (1) came out. At least you can refund a game now on all the bigger PC platforms.

I can run it in 1440p with FSR 2 in balance for that high framerate to match 60Hz lol. it's loaded on an HDD for test, seems like the game is always in control and you have very little to do other then watch story telling.

I got this game for free through an AMD promotion but haven't installed it yet. Doesn't sound promising lol

Forspoken PC Performance Analysis

Forspoken supports ray-traced shadows and ambient occlusion...however, this is the worst Ray Tracing implementation we’ve seen so far...below you can find some comparison screenshots...the RT screenshots are on the left and the non-RT screenshots are on the right...and, we’re not exaggerating here, they look exactly the same...the game might have some areas in later environments that look better...however, and during our tests, these RT effects are as underwhelming as they can get...I mean, even the RT AO does not make any difference at all in the New York area...what a disappointment...

https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/forspoken-pc-performance-analysis/

Launching tomorrow morning, so no way to check it out tonight 😤

Wow, wrong thread :oops:

Last edited:
The game is so ugly I don't think they should have bothered with ray tracing. I know, different positions and skill sets, but the ugly textures, sky, characters and environments could have used more work.

In Game load times are instant but I tested the Benchmark Scene Load Times on
NVME - ADATA XPG GAMMIX S70 Blade Read:7400MB/s; Write: 5500MB/s
Scene 1-0.540 Sec
Scene 2-2.052 Sec
Scene 3-1.896 Sec
Scene 4-1.240 Sec
Scene 5-1.047 Sec
Scene 6-0.916 Sec
Scene 7-1.139 Sec

Watched a few minutes of gameplay to see what its about.

Looks like a game some first time developer forgot to release back in like 2007, found the files on some cd, decided to release it in 2023 with a bloat file size usage. A multimillion dollar studio signed off on this and put a AAAA price tag on it.

Surprised its not lower than mixed reviews.

Stolen from Reddit. lol

owkoyauvzkea1.png

one of the PC reviews I thought put it well...they score the game a 65 but like other reviews say that the potential is there for a much better game but the execution is bad:

The biggest mistake I made during my time with Forspoken was doing so much of my exploration early on. If you're going to play it—and it's a game I do think is worth picking up on sale…and also potentially on console depending on your rig—blitz through the story. The true enjoyment comes once you're in the post-game, with Frey's full kit at your disposal. When I spent several hours flinging around my one or two spells, I lamented how painfully basic its combat was. Had I been handed more elements earlier on, or simply ignored side tasks in favour of getting access to those, I think my time with Forspoken would've been more enjoyable.

It's a game most fun when you're not following its orders. Free of sudden stops for a fade-to-black cutscene, or the game randomly rooting you in place while you initiate dialogue that could have easily happened while on the move. Once the shackles of its limp narrative came off, I finally felt like I was playing the game Forspoken was trying to be. Don't get me wrong, freedom can't cover up vapid gameplay objectives. But hey, it sure does help.

A game shouldn't have to end to feel like it's just starting. Unfortunately for Forspoken, that's exactly what happens

This game has become the most fun game I am playing as of today even with the cringe dialogue ,more fun than dare I say
The Witcher 3
The Castillo Protocol
Cyberpunk 2077
Spider-Man Miles Morales
Far Cry 6
Call of Duty MW2
Far Cry 6
to name a few games that I put aside to play Forspoken.There is a puzzle game named Relicta and Assassin's Creed Origins that I am enjoying at the moment also.

This game has become the most fun game I am playing as of today even with the cringe dialogue ,more fun than dare I say
The Witcher 3
The Castillo Protocol
Cyberpunk 2077
Spider-Man Miles Morales
Far Cry 6
Call of Duty MW2
Far Cry 6
to name a few games that I put aside to play Forspoken.There is a puzzle game named Relicta and Assassin's Creed Origins that I am enjoying at the moment also.
Not sure if serious... :LOL:

Haptic Feedback works on PC pretty good not sure if it's identical to the PS5.
Now that i have X2 PS5 controllers going to use the White one for my PC and the Camo one for my PS5.
I own x4 X-Box controller but don't have one X-Box in the house.

Last edited:
When you get past the 3-4 hours of Cut scenes the Game is good which also includes training but I forgot what I learned for the most part.
You get graded for doing better Combos A B C D for doing more glitzy moves which is something I haven't mastered kinda like my 4th grade rhetoric typing skills.

Last edited:
CPU benchmark will need to include game load time more now ;)

Ryzen 5 3600, no Direct Storage: 11.73s
Ryzen 5 3600: 6.77s

12900K sata SSD: 10.2s
12900K, no Direct Storage: 5.37s
12900k: 4.1s

PS5: 4.42s

Win11, about 2s faster than Win 10

I can't believe this game "requires" at least 8GB 10GB of VRAM just to load all the textures. I think it needs a few more patches before I would even consider playing this on my 2060.

Last edited:
And, there it is.

I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that your review would be positive. It's inevitable when a game is poorly received, you "like" it and defend it (and vice versa).

I guarantee he will only play a few hours and refund it...look through every game thread he posts in...he'll play for a few days, post a bunch of screenshots for a few days and then vanish from the thread...or he'll say his eyes hurt and he has some medical issue etc...literally every thread is the same...

https://hardforum.com/threads/ghostwire-tokyo.1982642/page-2#post-1045417951

https://hardforum.com/threads/kena-bridge-of-spirits.1997758/page-2#post-1045560177

https://hardforum.com/threads/the-callisto-protocol-survival-horror.2004858/page-8#post-1045522477

I can't believe this game "requires" at least 8GB 10GB of VRAM just to load all the textures. I think it needs a few more patches before I would even consider playing this on my 2060.
10GB of VRAM is indeed an absurd amount to require just to run the textures. I don't think I'm going to bother playing this game until the developers patch it and make it more accessible. It's just not worth the hassle.

iirc they retracted those results because they included fps during the load screen which artificially inflated the fps of slower drives.
It was a bit of sarcasm, just to show how ridiculous how much reach a claim that anyone with an regular ssd and nvme drive could check on an already released for the public game.

Forspoken Version Update Patch 1.03

Patch Notes
Technical Issues:
・Fixed an issue where the side button setting can't be deleted for the 5-button mouse config
*The system text accompanied with this update will only be displayed when the text language is set to English or Japanese. The system text for other languages will soon be implemented in an upcoming update
・Fixed a crash that can occur when using a specific GPU
・Fixed an issue where screen flickers occur when using certain Intel GPUs
・Fixed an audio issue that caused unintended noise.
・The UI display size has been adjusted for the Steam Deck when the resolution is set to 1280 x 800
・Various minor fixes

Graphical Adjustments:
・Updated the graphical settings to cap the number of displayed NPCs when the Model Detail Level is set to Low
・Updated certain objects' graphics that appear in the New York map

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1680880/view/3650765858485719378?l=english

Back