For Honor

I still think Rise of the Fallen was better which was a excellent single player game with memorable bosses.

Last edited:
I have 2 invites available for the Closed Beta (PC version)...first 2 people to PM me will get it...I need your Uplay name...

the game has a Supersampling AA option which I wasn't expecting...which Ambient Occlusion is best for Nvidia cards HBAO+ or MHBAO?...I never heard of MHBAO before

No Single player anything except Custom matches still not impressed with this game just seems very [H]ard I think they tried to cater to the Dark Souls crowd which other games have
done alot better there is a game still in development has been for like 4 years called Kingdoms Rise that game is really nice without all the seriousness.

I sort of like the game...game is a lot more complex in terms of movesets etc then what it appears...seems simple at first but strategy and timing is important...I need to practice with different characters...the thing that is hard for me is the top attack move is hard to see because it looks the same as the left attack move

game seems hard to master...I'm getting my ass kicked in the 1v1 duels...seems like the game requires a lot of practice

I still think Rise of the Fallen was better which was a excellent single player game with memorable bosses.

Same. I played through it twice. It's a bit like an easier Dark Souls with a heavier focus on tanking than rolling. It's been my favorite Souls knock-off to date.

Do you mean Lords of the Fallen? I don't see anything on steam called Rise of the Fallen

Netcode is not great either, at least from the last few Betas.

yeah something seems off...everyone seems faster then me no matter which faction they are playing...my character feels heavy...also seems like a lot of people are really good and have mastered all these complex combos etc...this is like a medieval Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat

yeah something seems off...everyone seems faster then me no matter which faction they are playing...my character feels heavy...also seems like a lot of people are really good and have mastered all these complex combos etc
What's your control scheme? Controller or KBM?

What's your control scheme? Controller or KBM?

kb/m...I remapped a lot of the controls and it seems fine but the guard up/left/right doesn't feel as precise in combat using a mouse and I'm usually just spamming keys

kb/m...I remapped a lot of the controls and it seems fine but the guard up/left/right doesn't feel as precise in combat using a mouse and I'm usually just spamming keys
The game is definitely built for a controller. I'll try KBM this go-around, but it felt just more natural with a controller's dual-analog sticks.

Also I did complain a bit about this - but the directions are Up, Left, and Right, however the wheel that gets brought up is broken up into 1/3's (120 degrees each) and I sometimes find myself pushing the stick down+left or down+right instead of directly left/right. Of course this results in missed blocks and the like.

Also I did complain a bit about this - but the directions are Up, Left, and Right, however the wheel that gets brought up is broken up into 1/3's (120 degrees each) and I sometimes find myself pushing the stick down+left or down+right instead of directly left/right. Of course this results in missed blocks and the like.

that's what's happening to me with a mouse as well...the up/left/right during a heated match gets mixed up because of the sensitivity and I end up just spamming them

I'm getting the hang of the mechanics and am winning a lot more duels but overall I can see myself getting bored quick with this...graphics looks great though and performance is pretty much close to 60fps on my GTX 970 even with everything maxed...some of the maps with heavy rain and fog bring frame rates down into the low 50's but otherwise the game runs fine

KB/M would be better if you could map stance switch to buttons instead of the mouse...the mouse is better for camera control

I'm still having technical issues. My Bluetooth xb1 controller causes a stutter every time weapons connect. It's a known issue apparently. I was finally able to change resolution on my htpc, but even with vsync and triple buffering, I get tearing and inconsistent frames. Game play is enjoyable though.

Dominion will not work. 4 v 4 mode. Just refuses to start the game. I think they are just stressing the servers to test for tonight? Dunno but I have yet to play a round.

I haven't had any technical issues at all playing the 1v1 Duels...that's the only mode I've been playing...overall it can be a fun game but it has a bit of a learning curve...it's definitely not a button masher...strategy and skill are required...I don't think I'm going to buy the final game...excellent graphics though, character models are really good

Dominion 4v4 was the only mode I wanted to play. It has never worked this test. It did last time. Their matchmaking, lack of dedicated servers = FAIL.

DEDICATED SERVERS OR GO F YOURSELF. Is essentially my moto.

Uninstalled. Not worth $60. Maybe $20 if they fix their shit. Pity.

I've only been doing 1v1 MP duels...concentrating on 1 character and learning all her movesets has made the game a lot more enjoyable- Nobushi...her ranged spear is almost op and a lot of fun to play...graphics are really impressive- character models, cloth, foliage, lighting etc

I still don't think I'm going to buy the game but since MSI is bundling the game with their motherboards (and maybe Nvidia with their GPU's?) I might pick it up if I see someone selling for cheap

I have to give Ubisoft credit, after years of the same old routine of collectables,unlocking towers, boring combat etc in every single one of their games they seem to be evolving and changing up their formula...I hear Watch Dogs 2 was different and now For Honor is really moving in a new direction...it's actually somewhat innovative and unique in terms of gameplay, combat etc

Well I have Ghost Recon Wildlands to look forward to now I surly wont' buy this game even on a Steam sale.

when everything comes together in a 1v1 Duel and both players are evenly matched the game is top notch...it's the other times where the game feels a bit tedious...since MSI is bundling the game with their motherboards I'm sure people will sell their codes online and for the right price I would pick this game up but not $60...maybe $25-$30

From the videos I've seen of this, it looks like a "who can push the other person off the cliff faster" fest in 1v1 or 2v2. With no real SP, I highly doubt I'll pick this one up.

there is a single player campaign but the focus is on multiplayer...no one should be buying this if all they're concerned about is the SP (sort of like the Battlefield or CoD games- although I hear the latest Battlefield game had a decent SP)

Last edited:
in case anyone wasn't able to play the closed beta Ubisoft will be having another...For Honor Open Beta Feb 9 - Feb 12

Well, after participating in the beta, I am definitely going to be picking this game up.

Mechanically, the game is spot on near perfect. Combat is fluid, and it really rewards the smarter/more deceptive player. The combat offers a lot of depth, as not only do you need to understand what your hero can do, you also need to understand what the other hero can do and deny that. On top of that, you also have to learn the other human you are fighting on the fly. I cannot overstate how well done the combat is.

Because of the above, 1v1 duels feel like a more accessible fighter (I compare it to Soul Caliber). This is probably the strongest game mode.

There are 2v2 brawls that I find are the weakest, as they are a mix between dueling and tanking, and depending on the map, they can be a chore.

The 4v4 mode is a ton of fun. You get a nice mix of dueling, defending against multiple foes to bide time for your team to help you or cap another point, or you can overwhelm and gank. I also think they can expand the 4v4 idea to even more interesting team based modes.

Map variety is a little weak within all the modes, but isn't too big of an issue for me.

There is surprisingly a lot of customization and progression for each hero in the game. Each hero has 5 or 6 gear slots that you can equip items to, which change your appearance and stats within 4v4 matches. You have a lot of colors, symbols, and engravings that you can use to customize your hero. Overall there is a lot here and should be an easy area for then to include more down the road.

Executions are in the game - need I say more?

The only glaring issue is the use of peer-to-peer. Now, most of the time I had no issue with p2p. 90% of my matches were flawless - - no noticeable lag/delay, no disconnects, etc., but I know this wasn't the case for some. When the p2p system does have issues, it hurts the game a lot. Freezes so the game can migrate hosts in the middle of battle, or matches just ending randomly. It sucks.

Still, even with the p2p, the game is just a ton of fun and I will definitely pick it up. $60 is a little steep ($40 would be a much better price point for the base game) and it might suffer a similar fate as Rainbow Six Siege. That is to say people will be hesitant to adopt it due to the base price and a perceived lack of content. With the said, I have over 250 hours played in Siege, and I expect to be able to put in a similar amount to For Honor.

Back