- Joined
- Aug 7, 2004
- Messages
- 7,175
Hour plus long unpacking. Zowie!
This is why pre-loading isn't worth it unless you're on super slow internet that would require days to download.
Unless maybe you've got an optane drive or something.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hour plus long unpacking. Zowie!
Q-BZ doesn't have a SSD according to the KCD thread. I've never had a decrypt take longer than 10 minutes on one of my SSDs.This is why pre-loading isn't worth it unless you're on super slow internet that would require days to download.
Unless maybe you've got an optane drive or something.
Still downloading the 4K texture pack but I was running the game on 390.77 Nvidia drivers and all settings maxed @ 3840x2160. Getting about 30-45 fps running around in the first area so far.
I scaled the in-game resolution down using the 75% option (effectively 2880x1620 aka 3K) and getting 50-60 fps. I think I will stick with this option as it offers, in my opinion, the best visuals and fps for my needs.
Also stay away from the Cactuar stuff in the Steam Workshop it just replaces all NPCs and some of your weapons with Cactuar models. Not that cool, TBH.
How's it look with scaling at 3K? This was my concern, we have pretty similar rigs...dipping below 40 is no bueno for me.
Fuck it, I bit. The base game is installing. Do you have to install the high res pack after that? I tried to click the high res pack first but it opted to download the base game. I'm guessing you're forced to download both sets of textures hence why the total download ends up being 155GB or whatever people said.Its a little blurry overall compared to 4K but not nearly enough to bother me compared to 1080p.
Fuck it, I bit. The base game is installing. Do you have to install the high res pack after that? I tried to click the high res pack first but it opted to download the base game. I'm guessing you're forced to download both sets of textures hence why the total download ends up being 155GB or whatever people said.
You have to enable it like a DLC and then it installs.
The dumb part is that 49GB of the 4K pack are just movie files. The actual textures for in game are only like 20GB extra.
I wish they would have allowed you to download just the higher-res textures and skip the 4K video files.
Yeah that blows. I could care less if the cutscenes were 4K, 1080p would be OK with me to save me from raping my 500GB SSD with 1 game.
I got mine to work finally rolling back the drivers. Getting 60-70 Fps at 3440x1440.
Will the texture pack update the textures if I'm running at my resolution? Or only if I'm running at 4k?
I got mine to work finally rolling back the drivers. Getting 60-70 Fps at 3440x1440.
Will the texture pack update the textures if I'm running at my resolution? Or only if I'm running at 4k?
That would be nice to have that extra fps.Wonder why the new driver caused you that issue. I actually just installed the latest ones today to play this as I heard it helped with framerates. Hope I don't run into the same problem.
Just checked the Steam stats, this is 100GB when installed. Glad I opted for a 1TB SSD less than two weeks ago. Never tried any of these games but it looks interesting. Do they tend to be grindy or is it more about action/adventure than finding stuff?
Is the demo essentially the intro of the game? Thinking of giving it a try.
160GB w/ the 4K pack.
Just checked the Steam stats, this is 100GB when installed. Glad I opted for a 1TB SSD less than two weeks ago. Never tried any of these games but it looks interesting. Do they tend to be grindy or is it more about action/adventure than finding stuff?
Is the demo essentially the intro of the game? Thinking of giving it a try.
there is a setting called luminance that I assume is hdr as it wont enable on my non-hdr system.Does the PC version just not have HDR support?
sounds aboot right and AB can usually show eiher/or/bothIn the first area of the game I'm getting upwards of 11gb of vram usage and I don't even have the 4k texture pack!?
.....unless I'm mistaken, memory usage in evga precision does show vram and not system ram right
Thanksthere is a setting called luminance that I assume is hdr as it wont enable on my non-hdr system.
sounds aboot right and AB can usually show eiher/or/both
In the first area of the game I'm getting upwards of 11gb of vram usage and I don't even have the 4k texture pack!?
.....unless I'm mistaken, memory usage in evga precision does show vram and not system ram right
Do you have the latest drivers? That's the only difference for me. I'm going to roll back here in a few to see if that fixes mine.
Overall pretty damned impressed.
I have some minor complaint with the very Japanese console game dev feeling menus, but besides that the game runs/looks/sounds incredible. The price wasn't that bad either given all the content it comes with.
I am using the latest 391.01 and it seems to work for me at 2560x1600. I haven't run into any issues people have mentioned about the drivers.Do you have the latest drivers? That's the only difference for me. I'm going to roll back here in a few to see if that fixes mine.
Actually the reason pre-loading sucks is because steam puts the compressed files on the same drive as where it will be decompressed. I have tested very large file decompression with 7zip and doing it from a single drive cuts the speed of decompressing by at least half. If they let you download the compressed file to another drive you aren't installing to then it will double the extraction speed. Another thing is I am not even sure steam's decompress and decrypt is multithreaded.This is why pre-loading isn't worth it unless you're on super slow internet that would require days to download.
Unless maybe you've got an optane drive or something.
does the game support cloud saving? between my desktop and laptop... i travel with my laptop
system froze black or powered off?Agreed.
Unfortunately I do have one issue apparently: Twice now I've had what I believe people have referred to as the "black screen of death." I'm verifying my files right now. I also disabled Ansel.
I'm not sure what the VRAM usage information in this game means. There are three values - The middle one and last one are obviously current usage / max capacity. The first value however I have no idea what is being indicated.
First number is the actual amount of VRAM being used. Second number is the amount reserved by the TRAM setting, the higher you set TRAM the more it will reserve for textures. The last number is max capacity. Make sure you do not set TRAM too high as it will cause stuttering due to the GPU not having enough VRAM for anything that isn't textures.
... No. This doesn’t line up. The game is defiantly showing how much is stored in vram with the second number. The first number is smaller however.
system froze black or powered off?
Haven't had any black screening myself. Generally this happens if you've got an unstable system either due to bad parts, pushing too much of an overclock, or unstable power.
This game uses deferred rendering, so SLI is impossible to implement without completely changing the rendering engine. You may be able to cheat it by enabling bits from other Cryengine games like Crysis, but you are sure to get graphical glitches.My 1080 ti with the same settings at the demo runs a solid 10-15 fps slower on avg at 3840x1600. This game needs SLI; wish devs would stop being so lazy about implementing it. In any case, I think Denuvo is also causing performance issues.