Final Fantasy XV

My audio was jacked during cut scenes but I had it set to "TV", so I'm not sure if that was the issue or not.

Steam is allowing pre-loading starting today of 75gb. That is just less then half of what the full 4k install size will be though.

They updated their Steam page, it confirms Denuvo.

And that's why I said nothing was certain. I wonder how they're going to implement Denuvo because done wrong it could have a serious impact on modding. Also, now I might as well stay away from the Steam forums for the game because they're going to be horribly toxic.

Can't wait to hear all the people cry about Denuvo and performance. When in reality its probably all the Nvidia features crap.

I downloaded the demo a couple days ago and hope to try it out tonight. Based on what I've read, it should be a good stress test for my 1080Ti.

Game was allegedly cracked using the non-Denuvo demo executable.
Big if true.

Very big, but also too bad. Just means AAA companies are going to be more wary about releasing demos for games like this when they're using Denuvo.

Edit: Seems it true. Origin does not encrypt pre-loads like Steam does so the Origin pre-load is the full game, unencrpyted, minus the exe. So just using the demo exe makes it playable.

Oldest trick in the pirate tool box, I remember people doing this two decades ago to bypass copy protection. You'd think publishers would be less stupid by now about such things.

It is true, game is cracked. Pirates are already playing.
When is the official release date, again?

Pirates playing the full version while legitimate buyers are waiting for their DRM infected copy to load. So Denuvo was completely unnecessary and useless for this release the second the unprotected demo was released. Have to say it is surprising considering how like Blade-Runner said this is a common way on how to learn how to bypass protection even if the demo was hard coded to not work with the release data files. I didn't even realize the demo was not protected, I guess I can see now how people might have thought that the game wouldn't have had Denuvo.

High Quality.png Standard Quality.png

Seemed to run pretty well.

I got 10180 on High & 1080p with the 5820k and 1080ti, wish you could select resolutions other than 720, 1080, and 4k.

Last edited:
T-Minus 12 hours until launch. Get your SSDs ready folks. Hopefully super fast NVMe M.2 ones cause this is going to be one big game decryption.

T-Minus 12 hours until launch. Get your SSDs ready folks. Hopefully super fast NVMe M.2 ones cause this is going to be one big game decryption.
I thought it unlocks now?

Edit - Definitely not unlocked right now. Faaaack!

Read it's 12am EST, 9pm PST.

I thought it unlocks now?

Edit - Definitely not unlocked right now. Faaaack!

Read it's 12am EST, 9pm PST.

Other way around. 9am PST, 12pm EST. It launches around the world all at once. No region or time-zone has to wait while others have it unlocked hours before them. In other words, a little under 12 hours from now.

Basically they're doing the same thing they did with the demo. Unlocking the game at 2am JST on the 7th, which correlates to between 9am and noon in North America.

I can't decide if I want this game at this point or not knowing that @ 4K there's no way I'll get anywhere near 60FPS from what I've read thus far.

Damn, I can't even play.

My monitor screen flashes black for a second, then goes back into the game for a second, then black again.

Probably some VSync/GSync issue.

Edit - A few things, the graphics looks like shit compared to the demo. Do I need to download the 4k pack, even though I'm running in ultra wide 1440p?

The game runs like shit now. Ran perfect on the demo, runs like shit with the full game.

Bah.

Last edited:
Played it a little, and it's running great for me. Solid 60 fps with everything on highest and all the nvidia stuff on. It took forever to unpack. I should never have even bothered to preload it It took about 2 hours with my net connection to download the preload and about an hour and a half to two hours to unpack. It would have been faster to just download it straight from steam after the release.

Played it a little, and it's running great for me. Solid 60 fps with everything on highest and all the nvidia stuff on. It took forever to unpack. I should never have even bothered to preload it It took about 2 hours with my net connection to download the preload and about an hour and a half to two hours to unpack. It would have been faster to just download it straight from steam after the release.

Do you have the latest drivers? That's the only difference for me. I'm going to roll back here in a few to see if that fixes mine.

Back