Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

Mother of hell, I wish my gf would play this damn game with me. I'm seriously in need of a hot gf that plays computer games.

hit 30 on my cnj this morning, time to level up arc so I can whm!

I'm only on level 25 of my story quest though sadly, so I need to hammer that out so I can pick up Cure2.

Still having a blast :)

Also, anyone know if you can do the "class quests" without finishing the story quests? Or is it all one chain?

[L]imey;1040190477 said:
Also, anyone know if you can do the "class quests" without finishing the story quests? Or is it all one chain?

To my knowledge, they are two entirely separate quest lines.

For example, I've done Thaumaturge and Marauder class quests without progressing further on my current leg of the main story quest.

However, if you want access to other classes, you will need airship access. And, if you don't want to run around, you'll need a Chocobo license. Both require you to be on or past the level 20 portion of the main story quest.

It's a stark difference from FFXI when if you didn't have the Airship permit, you couldn't continue further in the Zilart storyline. At the same time, with no access to Kazham or Norg, you couldn't get access to Ninja or Samurai jobs.

At least with FFXIV, they keep them almost entirely separate and independent from each other.

To my knowledge, they are two entirely separate quest lines.

Yep. From another perspective I started out with CNJ to get that to lvl 15 (wanted to get it out of the way). Progressed the main story quest line to a point, prior to airship in this case. I then ran to Ul'dah and got GLD. From there I lvled GLD and continued the main story quest as a GLD from where I left off.

Gold spam has gotten completely out of hand now (at least on Diabolos). I'm used to gold sellers after playing so many mmos, but this is the worst I've come across by far. If you go to any of the 3 main cities, there is a constant wall of text spamming for gold. Some of the spammers have multi-line spam macros that make it look like your chat window is scrolling an advertisement for their website. No one can even get a word in /shout in any of the cities atm. If that wasn't bad enough, I'm constantly getting whispered advertisements as well. It's absolutely out of control. Hopefully, it will go down a lot after the first 30 days since subs will kick in, but SE really needs to try to do something about it right now too.

Sweet.... I can go get my unicorn quest now then.... Definitely doing that next time I log on..... Then swap to arc to work on white mage

Gold spam has gotten completely out of hand now (at least on Diabolos). I'm used to gold sellers after playing so many mmos, but this is the worst I've come across by far. If you go to any of the 3 main cities, there is a constant wall of text spamming for gold. Some of the spammers have multi-line spam macros that make it look like your chat window is scrolling an advertisement for their website. No one can even get a word in /shout in any of the cities atm. If that wasn't bad enough, I'm constantly getting whispered advertisements as well. It's absolutely out of control. Hopefully, it will go down a lot after the first 30 days since subs will kick in, but SE really needs to try to do something about it right now too.

All I want is an Add to Blacklist option in the right click menu. Then I will be a happy man lol.

Yup, same on Goblin server. Same exact thing to be exact.

All I want is an Add to Blacklist option in the right click menu. Then I will be a happy man lol.

I click the name and do "send tell" then copy/paste the name right into the blacklist. Easier than trying to spell the funky names they use that make it hard to spell.

Balmung is insane with them too.

Why do that when you can highlight text in the chat log to copy? Saves you a step.

If you're clicking send tell.. just change /tell to /blist add. Saves you a step.

Efficiency needs to be everyone's forte.

Why do that when you can highlight text in the chat log to copy? Saves you a step.

If you're clicking send tell.. just change /tell to /blist add. Saves you a step.

Efficiency needs to be everyone's forte.

theyre spamming way to quickly to even try that

Lol, I completely forgot about the maintenance tonight till I got home and tried to login :p

Oh well, this is a good thing cause I can methodically work on my new 4670k overclock. Since I've gotten it all I've wanted to do is play so I only ran one stress test per day (when I was at work), and one at night when I'm sleeping. I haven't woken up or gotten home without it crashing. This is a bit of a different beast than Sandy was with the whole 2 options you needed to change, but I'm starting to figure it out I think. Finally got 11hrs stable @ 4.0ghz @ 1.2v topping out at 63c on the hottest core and am trying 4.1ghz now at the same voltage.

Gonna leave it running while I start season 5 of Breaking Bad and see how it goes.

The changes rock - repair cost down, and we also get server-only form of duty finder. This will help build community and make sure you will run the party with people of your own server.

Now for a rant, are people so stupid, that they can't understand simple instructions, or even think for themselves? Was healing Copperbell - first people were not moving from AoE of those mobs that explode on death, and got oneshotted, which were followed with "why no hjeeel?" - and the reply "I'm no fucking Jesus, I can't heal stupidity and raise dead at same time". Then there was the slime boss. Was first time there, and didn't read any guides, but it was so simple to figure out what to do with the exploding caps.

After five minutes, me and one of DDs were spamming chat with: "leave that explosive cap alone", "don't spam aoe you moron", "get that add, before it kill the cap", "move of blast range you cretin" which then turned into "You no speakz englishz, dickhead?". Took us 12 minutes to kill the boss. Luckily the final boss was much simpler :)

Luckily the worst dungeon experience I've had was simply due to players being new, and after giving advice they improved their performance on subsequent boss attempts (Copperbell).

Then again, I tend to stay far away from Random Dungeon systems, and only used the Duty finder up to level 30.

We're pleased to announce that FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn PlayStation 3 users will be able to upgrade to the PS4 version for free!

Also, PS4 users will be able try out the Beta Test when it launches on Feb. 22, 2014! Stay tuned for more info in the future!

From Facebook.

Got up to low 40s yesterday and started running cutters.

When the tank DCed on the final boss, everyone else died pretty quickly. As an archer, I soloed the Chimera from about 50% to dead. I love playing Archer, but I've yet to find a good use for a bard up to cutters yet.

Yep R.I.P AK Speed runs with latest patch, now only doing it to reach weekly cap, hate that place, they should have made 2 more dungeons or so, to get tombs from...that way it wouldn't be so bad, seeing the same place over and over is just bad.

I'm sad, I worked all night last night on a project for work since the servers were down thinking I'd get up this morning before my baby does and get a blissful hour in. Of course the servers are still down this morning :(

Oh well, maybe better luck tomorrow morning.

Yep R.I.P AK Speed runs with latest patch, now only doing it to reach weekly cap, hate that place, they should have made 2 more dungeons or so, to get tombs from...that way it wouldn't be so bad, seeing the same place over and over is just bad.

theres like 4 or 5 that you get tomes from. nobody does the others though because theyre way longer and AK you could exploit

Same crap happened in GW2 at release, the guys who rushed to the end got to use an exploit for x number of days before it got fixed to make a fortune and get good gear.

Then it got fixed so everyone who couldn't spam to endgame got up to level cap and had to deal with the minority controlling the economy.

I hope we don't end up with a case of haves and have-nots because of the AK exploit.

[L]imey;1040193522 said:
Same crap happened in GW2 at release, the guys who rushed to the end got to use an exploit for x number of days before it got fixed to make a fortune and get good gear.

Then it got fixed so everyone who couldn't spam to endgame got up to level cap and had to deal with the minority controlling the economy.

I hope we don't end up with a case of haves and have-nots because of the AK exploit.

Since you can't trade the stones or the items that are bought with them I wouldn;'t be too concerned. Add to that the amount of gil it cost those who sac-pulled (tank had to die each between each boss at least once), then it seems like they suffered more since gil is not that easy to come by at end game. I think it'll work out to be no issue at all.

Edit: In fact i think the ones that will be most successful are those tht gathered and crafted from the start.

Last edited:
[L]imey;1040193522 said:

its not that big of an impact tbh. and the queue times for AK during peak hours actually prevented the benefit significantly.

30 min queue + 15-25 minutes AK run is longer then the actually clearing the dungeon now

Did ak when it was instant queue :p, and i was talking about myth, primals are worthless for it, only other worthwhile place is coil.

Did ak when it was instant queue :p, and i was talking about myth, primals are worthless for it, only other worthwhile place is coil.

oh true true, it wont take long to get that cap still though. unfortunately we didnt get a double reset this week. was hoping for AF+2 chest. now i gotta wait till monday :p

im just gonna do my relic quest this week.

Finally made it to Leviathan server. Convinced my buddy to come also. Time to level! :)

Back