Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

metallicaband

Limp Gawd
I doubt anyone here plays on EU, but I play on Odin, Light DC. Has been playing since 4-5 years now, the only MMO ever interested me with continuous good patch releases.

Last edited:

Skull_Angel

[H]ard|Gawd
Old double-alpha tester here (original and ARR) just checking in.

Haven't played since early Heavensward; have they changed any of the melee combat styles or do they still focus on primarily chaining combos? I didn't mind this when playing melee-DPS, but as a tank main it became off-putting during progression (choosing whether to break combos to ready countermeasures/dodge or holding them to gather adds felt like a clunky decision most of the time).

Pulsar

Gawd
Old double-alpha tester here (original and ARR) just checking in.

Haven't played since early Heavensward; have they changed any of the melee combat styles or do they still focus on primarily chaining combos? I didn't mind this when playing melee-DPS, but as a tank main it became off-putting during progression (choosing whether to break combos to ready countermeasures/dodge or holding them to gather adds felt like a clunky decision most of the time).
The DPS/Enmity rotation is gone. Tanks now have just 1 rotation to worry about. Your tank stance only dictates whether you are the main tank or off tank since it only affects enmity generation, it makes no diffrerence in DPS or damage resistance. Your combos are still important, but you no longer have to switch between the DPS and Enmity rotation as a tank. Your defense and damage mitigation cooldowns do not break your combos, so you can freely weave them inbetween.

Last edited: