Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

Starting to think I need a translator to read this thread. You guys are talking about stuff that might as well be an alient tongue to me.. but then again I'm nowhere near 50 or endgame and the abbreviations you're using might make more sense if I was. :confused:

Anyone remember what SE said about getting player housing in the game? Would have sworn they said it would be in one of the first big updates but I cant find any info at all now.

Starting to think I need a translator to read this thread. You guys are talking about stuff that might as well be an alient tongue to me.. but then again I'm nowhere near 50 or endgame and the abbreviations you're using might make more sense if I was. :confused:

Anyone remember what SE said about getting player housing in the game? Would have sworn they said it would be in one of the first big updates but I cant find any info at all now.

the first area to buy houses will be in La Noscea and it comes out in 2.1

aboue 30-40 houses in one instance, if you go with a friend to buy one at the same time the houses will be in the same instance together and you can be neighbors

Not sure if it's true - but a friend said that all the bagged coins you can opt to choose instead of gear - will be the currency you use to purchase houses? I hope that's not the only way, as I cashed in most of those already, but I still have tons of quests I can do to get more.

Not sure if it's true - but a friend said that all the bagged coins you can opt to choose instead of gear - will be the currency you use to purchase houses? I hope that's not the only way, as I cashed in most of those already, but I still have tons of quests I can do to get more.

you buy it using gil. supposedly about 3-4x the amount of gil you get from leveling 1-50

It's estimated the amount of gil from questing from 1-50 is around 250k. So 1M gil for a house? Quite possible.

i should have several million by the time 2.1 comes out :D

goldsmithing is 30 and should be 50 by the end of the weekend i hope

Just play the market gast, econ gonna crash, managed to rip off 3m now without crafting.

Haven't done hydra got bored, but will do it tonight.

i should have several million by the time 2.1 comes out :D

goldsmithing is 30 and should be 50 by the end of the weekend i hope

I can't wait to buy a house. I hope the later dungeons drop cool housing items from bosses.

What are you doing to level your craft? Levequests? Ifyyou can consistently make HQ items I found those to be quite quick as you get triple the EXP for handing in HQ items.

the first area to buy houses will be in La Noscea and it comes out in 2.1

aboue 30-40 houses in one instance, if you go with a friend to buy one at the same time the houses will be in the same instance together and you can be neighbors

Thanks very much!

Edit - Still trying to find a key for a friend if anyone happens to spot some for sale or has a spare they'd part with.

Last edited:
Just play the market gast, econ gonna crash, managed to rip off 3m now without crafting.

Haven't done hydra got bored, but will do it tonight.

ill PM you when i get on in an hour and a half and we can build a group :)

I can't wait to buy a house. I hope the later dungeons drop cool housing items from bosses.

What are you doing to level your craft? Levequests? Ifyyou can consistently make HQ items I found those to be quite quick as you get triple the EXP for handing in HQ items.

mostly just making the same item 1000 times. i ran out of leve quests and its incredibly hard to make the HQ items tbh. when i hit 35 i will start doing leves again. stopped using the leves on sunday so i have generated a few

Thanks very much!

Edit - Still trying to find a key for a friend if anyone happens to spot some for sale or has a spare they'd part with.

ill let you know if i come across one. hes better off just ordering a physical though

Have your friend constantly check online stocks of nearby gamestop, best buy, and walmart locations. I happened to find one yesterday at Microcenter and it was the only copy.

Had a great night in game last night.

Wife fell asleep early so I got 3 good hours :)

Polished off my conj quests to 30 (the level 30 one is hard the first few times). Snagged my unicorn mount, woot!

Switched to arc so I can work on white mage and got all the way from 1 to 12 before I needed to sleep.

White Mage Inc this weekend :)

Still really enjoying it, and I'm only into a single class so far. I still want to do THM/BLM and LNC/DRG

Crafting advice for folks new to those classes:

1) Figure out which items you can make now that will be used later. For example, Brass Ingots are used a TON in low level Goldsmithing. Make as many of them as you can while leveling up. It'll save you gil.
2) Armor is very important for HQ-ing items. A full set at level 20 is under 10K. You should make that much just getting to 20.
3) For the early levels, don't buy anything off the AH if you can avoid it. Your guild vendor normally has everything you need, and at prices significantly lower than AH.
4) For levequest turn-ins, by contrast, check the AH. It may cost you 300g to make that brass ring, and they're selling for 250g on the AH.
5) For the love of god and all that's holy, turn in your HQ items on levequests! 3x EXP is significant. How about turning in 4 items and getting a full level off of it? Sound good? Yeah. Thought so.
6) Never, ever, ever use the mass-production button. I went from getting 250 exp per item crafted manually (at 100% success rate) to 50 exp per item crafted via mass-production (at 70% success rate). It's a big waste of gil, and costs you more time than it saves.

I'd also recommend checking to see what the levequest items are for your level range, and focusing on those if you have the allowances. +1K exp for each item produced, +7K for turning them in. Make a dozen, then turn them in. Went from 18-20 in about 10 minutes this way.

I'd like to purchase the game, been trying for the last few days now but WTF is this...
"Due to the overwhelmingly positive response to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, we are currently experiencing extremely long wait times for users to be able to log in and play. As a temporary measure, we will halt sales of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN’s digital download products so we can accommodate all of those wishing to play. We are working to expand our server capacity in the coming days.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this causes. "

Do they have like 2 servers hosting the game?

I'd like to purchase the game, been trying for the last few days now but WTF is this...

Do they have like 2 servers hosting the game?

Since the server updates I've had zero problems logging in. I would expect them to open up sales in the near future. If you look back like 10-20 pages to where 2.0 was released you will see the problems they had and why they haulted sales.

If my buddy doesn't take this Standard Edition code from me soon, I'm going to place it on Ebay. They are selling them for $100! WTF is up with that! :)

I had it overnight shipped for an additional $8 as gas to ride to the store would be about that price. I thought my nephew would play with me, but he's busy chasing women. Hope my buddy takes this code from me though. I really want to level with someone.

there are 50 servers total i think
Yup!

21 Japanese
16 US
6 Europe
5 Japanese Legacy
4 US Legacy
1 Europe Legacy
==============
47 Worlds
Plus a login, patch, and lobby server

50 total

Since the latest patch, I've been in a queue every time I try to log in. It's always around the 5-15 people mark, and generally lets me in fairly quickly. If I had to guess, I'd say it hovers around the 60 second mark.

Yup!

21 Japanese
16 US
6 Europe
5 Japanese Legacy
4 US Legacy
1 Europe Legacy
==============
47 Worlds
Plus a login, patch, and lobby server

50 total

Since the latest patch, I've been in a queue every time I try to log in. It's always around the 5-15 people mark, and generally lets me in fairly quickly. If I had to guess, I'd say it hovers around the 60 second mark.

And 3 or 4 duty-finder servers, no?

No. They have 61 game worlds.

Don't confuse servers with physical systems they have running. They probably have hundreds of machines running to keep everything running smoothly.

They have at least 4 'servers' strictly for duty, and dozens, if not more for instances. Then lobby server, several for the login system and a even more for patching (they use an Akamai CDN for these).

is there a way to find out? i know they added one or two

And 3 or 4 duty-finder servers, no?

According to this, they don't mention it specifically.

We're looking at 3 groups of division each between JP and NA/EU data centers.

I'd assume 2 servers per group for 6 total Duty Finder servers currently handling 10,000-plus players doing job quests, story line quests, and dungeon instances. That's my best estimate given that each world server handles 7,500 players maximum.

When you think about it: Before the Duty Finder servers had to handle all the JP and NA/EU data center groups in each region. Now, they've split each region into three groups per region. That hopefully reduced any downtime and strain on the Duty Finder servers for the foreseeable future.

I really hope I can find a good fate group tonight. I am gonna push for 50 if the cards fall in my favor. I may try to convince a few people to help me with story mode Garuda too. Can't seem to duty find a good enough group to get very far into the fight. Gotta call in some backup!

If my buddy doesn't take this Standard Edition code from me soon, I'm going to place it on Ebay. They are selling them for $100! WTF is up with that! :)

I had it overnight shipped for an additional $8 as gas to ride to the store would be about that price. I thought my nephew would play with me, but he's busy chasing women. Hope my buddy takes this code from me though. I really want to level with someone.

Can you download the client software from somewhere? Or do you need the disc too?

I'm up to stone vigil and its unbelieveable how people were able to get that far. I thought that Titan was a good filter for "dont stand in the damn red zones" but apparently not. I've ran with tanks that didnt understand CC or healer aggro, tanks that just stood in shit, healers not recasting prot if one falls (between battles), healers standing in shit, DPS standing in shit to get one more cast off, melee standing in shit for no apparent reason. It's really annoying. I mean, I know archers have it easy since they can attack on the move, but 99 out of 100, its better for any caster to move out of stuff than to get their cast off.

I wish they had a lot more required training to not stand in shit. Like class quests or job quests that really pushed you to run out before trying to get a cast off. It should be well ingrained in people's minds way before Vigil to move out of stuff.

1) EU servers are not EU - they are just marked so, to make people from my time zone flock there. As they are physically based in Canada, the ping from EU is sometimes, or mostly all the times very bad. I really wish SE would get some physical servers on my continent, and not mislead people.

2) yes, they are resuming digital sales, Yoshida-P just said so in his official statement: "This weekend, we will be monitoring server stability, keeping a close eye on the number of simultaneous logins, instances, and use of the duty finder. If all goes well, we plan to resume digital sales for each region."

Back