Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

Windows 8 64 Pro.

I tested all my benches and games(Have a bit of OCD), and they are fine, only FFXIV is giving me this annoying drops.

Oh and under the NVidia control panel its set to "Use the advanced 3D image settings" for FFXIV.

Running Win7 X64 as well.

I had a lot of problems on Windows 8 with dropped frames and low frame rates. Went back to Windows 7 Ultimate. Like butter now.

Mmm, I'm going to try with threaded optimization set to On for FFXIV and see if it helps.

I had a lot of problems on Windows 8 with dropped frames and low frame rates. Went back to Windows 7 Ultimate. Like butter now.

I'd blame the following rambling on getting about 3 hours of sleep spread out over 2 separate periods, but if you go back in this thread you'll see that I'm perfectly capable of the same when wide awake and sober. :p

I had mostly the same experience last weekend switching from Win8 to Win7. I still have some issues that I believe are being caused by running Span mode, but there's no denying that switching back to Win7 made my experience worlds better with this game.

The biggest thing I noticed as better are the cutscenes and opening video. At the end of several cutscenes, there's a "fade to white". (if anyone knows of a more correct term for that please let me know) Color banding would be most pronounced there in Win8...the transition wasn't smooth because of a horrible amount of frames dropping. In Win7, I get absolutely perfect cutscenes pegged at 100fps(my monitor refresh). Also in Win8, I got crazy tearing in the opening, prerendered video...in Win7, it's perfect.

I understand that doesn't help the in-game issues quite so much but I wanted to throw it out there that since the combination of NVidia and SquareEnix don't have their stuff together for Win8 in those scenarios, it's possible that the same goes for in-game.

I posted my in-game benchmark numbers a few pages back, as well. The results were that the benchmark score went up slightly and the average fps dropped by almost 10%. I watched those demo runs the entire way through and the naked eye test revealed that Win8 was having hiccups pretty regularly while the Win7 runs only slowed down in one spot with lots of action....where lots of guys are fighting the tree and you're running by on the chocobo. Even then, it was only a split second where it wasn't running smooth.

I've also tried 1 x 780 on single monitor vs. 3-way SLI on single monitor vs. 3-way SLI at 7930x1440 Span Mode and feel pretty confident in saying that SLI isn't the problem when it comes to the choppiness. SLI causes the light flickering issue but for me, turning on SLI simply meant ridiculous frame rates on a single monitor at Max settings. As soon I I turned on Span Mode is when I got the super choppy performance. It wasn't episodes of chop, it's 100% of the time, I can't go more than 10 seconds without the game pausing. Obviously the resolution bump is going to cause things to slow down, but it shouldn't act like that when on Normal Mode I was getting a solid 85-90fps. (Today I've been seeing the in-game monitor reading 100fps about 90% of the time. Again, if I run into an area where there are 20 players fighting 30 mobs it slows down a little but slowing down isn't the same as the chop that I experience at Max)

670s in SLI should perform pretty damn awesome with this game on a single monitor. I'm sorry you're having issues...I know how annoying that can be. If put on Normal mode, does everything run smooth for you? My personal preference before dialing everything in was to go on Normal and perfectly smooth rather than turning on features and having the framerate drop to a noticeable level while playing...

Well apparently duty finder is down again....apparently the 3hr downtime did nothing to fix the issue.

Also, what kind of terrible design decision is the fact that you still have to go through duty finder with a PREMADE group? I can't progress in my story now since instances are completely screwed...again....

I'd love to play but since i keep on getting lobby server error 2002, it seems that ealry access is a bust, guess ill have to wait a week or so before i can actually play.

WTF is going on, did the beta testers not see these issues?

These issues didn't pop up in Phase 3. In fact, after playing P3, I was praising how well the game ran. Then the debacle that was P4 occured, and now the early access is going downhill quickly as well.

7x7l8Ii.gif

i tried that as well. game ran the same or worse.

im taking these beta drivers out and reinstalling 320.49 full release.

ive also switched my gigabyte card to my primary as it has a higher clock speed than my non top asus card.

fuck.

You try running with just one card? Is that how you've been trying, or has everything been with sli so far? I've got one 670 and it runs fantastic in town and outside town it's even better of course. I've got it on "maximum" with fxaa, at 1920x1080.

Also running 320.49, I upgraded last week from the last whql drivers since those were giving me the weird black screens followed by fps drops. All issues fixed with these drivers.

Hm... I have SLI 680s and it runs like shit on Standard. Figured it was just poorly optimized.

Windows 8, 326.80 drivers.

Yeah I'm thinking something is wrong with SLI.

I am on a single 580 at 1080p and the game runs smooth as butter for me with all settings high except for Shadows set to normal and lower AA,with the edge Darkening/Motion blur off.

Apart from that things are high and I'm pulling 60fps, even in fate events with a lot of people running around.

Nah, like someone else mentioned, same (terrible) performance after disabling SLI.

Windows 8 may be the culprit. I dunno.

I HIGHLY doubt it because im running it on windows 8 without a single issues at all

I think it's a case-by-case basis really. Sure a lot of people may be having issues, but that doesn't mean there's a reason everyone with a specific OS or GPU is having the issue. If you guys are using nvidia gpu's, I'd recommend 320.49, it's worked well for me so far. Worth a shot, and doing a clean install of it.

I think it's a case-by-case basis really. Sure a lot of people may be having issues, but that doesn't mean there's a reason everyone with a specific OS or GPU is having the issue. If you guys are using nvidia gpu's, I'd recommend 320.49, it's worked well for me so far. Worth a shot, and doing a clean install of it.

those are the drivers im using as well, with my 780

those are the drivers im using as well, with my 780

I think it's just something to do with various hardware/software meshing wrong with the game's code. Not the first time this has happened with a game of course. I'm sure it'll get sorted out.

My xfire 7970s were running like shit earlier.... I reinstalled windows and that seems to have improved things.... Of course now I can't make characters on my realm..... Stupid mechanics for character creation

I made a Free Company. mostly consisting of people from other games I've played with for a long time. Everybody and their friends are welcome. Got some [H] members in there already.

if not its all good, we can all still chat via the linkshell :)

I think it's just something to do with various hardware/software meshing wrong with the game's code. Not the first time this has happened with a game of course. I'm sure it'll get sorted out.

where you been at breh?

I made a Free Company. mostly consisting of people from other games I've played with for a long time. Everybody and their friends are welcome. Got some [H] members in there already.

where you been at breh?

Whats your name in-game. I could use a linkshell and people to bullshit with.

where you been at breh?

You mean in-game wise?

where you been at breh?

Whenever they allow more characters on the Lev server I'll see about joining.

rgr that, sent ya an in game tell.

edit: might help to give ya my name lol. Evasive Heals

I stay logged in even though I'm not playing so add me to your friends and I'll send you am invite to the link shell, otherwise I probably will miss your tell. Usually coffaholic invites when I'm not around but I think he's on a trip

FUck this sucks.

I only have main story quest left and after I click on some lil floating cat, I just stand there and can't move. It doesn't send me to a cut scene or anything.

edit - and there is maintenance at 12am till 3am.

FUCK!

FUck this sucks.

I only have main story quest left and after I click on some lil floating cat, I just stand there and can't move. It doesn't send me to a cut scene or anything.

my girlfriend FINALLY Got hers to work, only thing that seems to work is basically logout and log back in, click on the quests and pray it works....the queing is all bugged it seems

my girlfriend FINALLY Got hers to work, only thing that seems to work is basically logout and log back in, click on the quests and pray it works....the queing is all bugged it seems

I can't even log. I have to force close.

I've done it twice now... logging back in hoping it'll work. I want to get to 15 before maintenance!

SE only cares about one thing. That's why NA/EU servers suck.

http://youtu.be/gEmJ-VWPDM4

You would think that with possibly identical hardware and server software, the NA and EU servers shouldn't have technical issues.

But, the JP servers have had nearly zero to none so far.

It makes you wonder honestly. They may as well just keep the servers in Japan and do away the region-located servers if SE can't even work out or handle the technical issues of the NA/EU servers.

You would think that with possibly identical hardware and server software, the NA and EU servers shouldn't have technical issues.

But, the JP servers have had nearly zero to none so far.

It makes you wonder honestly. They may as well just keep the servers in Japan and do away the region-located servers if SE can't even work out or handle the technical issues of the NA/EU servers.

They just apparently don't know how popular this game and the FF series is outside of Japan. I still love the game but their technical stupidity is annoying. How hard is it to have enough servers and bandwidth to handle this. Really it's not that hard or expensive.

Well....let's all pray that this maintenance will actually fix the instance issues this time. I'd really like to advance my ARC now for once.

got quest locked @ 19 GLD so im not a 14 CNJ... loving the shit out of this game.

Just went down, made good crafting progress today

16 Weaver
17 Goldsmith
16 Miner
15 Botanist

Probably go a level or two more with GS, then pick up LW and Carpentry next.

Welp, with the servers all sorts of fucked up, I had to amuse myself in other ways.

"Dear Customer:

This notice is to inform you that an official warning has been placed against the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn service account registered to this e-mail for the following harassment violations on 08-24-2013. Every account action we issue is based on conclusive evidence of a violation and is reviewed for accuracy.

"why is euro trash on the server?"
"play on a jap server, gtfo"
"Kalliste, why are you rubbing people's bellies in chat? join the jap and gtfo"
"do it fgt"
"so, when the devs made this game, did they sit down in a room, and brainstorm about how they could make all the maps as useless as fucking possible?"
"fuck off"
"by playing, do you mean locked in fucking place because you can't enter the instance?"
"no, fuck you"
"fuck off"
"jesus christ, don't you ever fucking shut your mouth?"
"i'm not wearing any pants"
"and have a raging hard on"
"get fucked four eyes"
"only till i get in your pants"
"get back into the kitchen bitch""

Good first day IMO.

Back