Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

I got in a good 6 hours of play time before the maintenance, so I'm happy so far. :) I'm not surprised there's a few issues, it always happens.

I think I got about 4 hours of crappy sleep before getting up a few minutes before the servers came online (3am mountain time). I should see if I can catch a nap while the maintenance is happening.

Wow this sucks, I just got up :(, 3 hour maintaince on opening day? :(

Games been playable other than that. Most MMO launches you can't even play the first day because of a plethora of issues.

Timing suck though, since I just got back home in time for the maintenance to start.

Just got back, what's maintenance for? Damn it...

Is it the duty finder stuff that they're trying to fix?

Besides, it's not the opening day. Opening day is on Tuesday. :) Right now, we take part in "Beta 5", as all the early access of the MMOs turned to be.

Games been playable other than that. Most MMO launches you can't even play the first day because of a plethora of issues.

Timing suck though, since I just got back home in time for the maintenance to start.

Exactly. I got in 6 hours of playtime, so I'm happy, but it sucks for people who just got on before the maintenance.

I'm level 13 and only have like 3000gil, so I'm feeling poor. What's the best way to make some coin in FFXIV? Harvesting, crafting? I figured I'd get to level 15 and then start with crafting and harvesting.

I haven't even thought about crafting yet. It's my first order of business when server is back up. Hopefully I can make big cash fishing, since it was a favorite of mine. I'm gonna use this 3 hours to do some research.

I haven't even thought about crafting yet. It's my first order of business when server is back up. Hopefully I can make big cash fishing, since it was a favorite of mine. I'm gonna use this 3 hours to do some research.

I havent done fishing in a game since WoW... I've heard its pretty good in FFXIV though but I have no clue where to start with it myself.

I havent done fishing in a game since WoW... I've heard its pretty good in FFXIV though but I have no clue where to start with it myself.

It was a big part of the game in FFXI, and I really liked it.

On a side note, I was just doing some reading. Am I reading it right that you could actually have a character that is max level in every job in the game? So say I level up a Gladiator, then eventually make him a Pally. Can I then later turn him into a Black Mage by leveling the proper classes?

Exactly. I got in 6 hours of playtime, so I'm happy, but it sucks for people who just got on before the maintenance.

I'm level 13 and only have like 3000gil, so I'm feeling poor. What's the best way to make some coin in FFXIV? Harvesting, crafting? I figured I'd get to level 15 and then start with crafting and harvesting.

The first time you do the guildleves you get a nice gil bonus. Other than that, I'm not sure what the big money making schemes will be.

On a side note, I was just doing some reading. Am I reading it right that you could actually have a character that is max level in every job in the game? So say I level up a Gladiator, then eventually make him a Pally. Can I then later turn him into a Black Mage by leveling the proper classes?

I think that's right, the only downside I can see is how you spend your bonus points. I'm focusing on becoming a Black Mage atm, so would tend to put my points in Int. However, that's not optimum for say an Archer/Bard. I don't think you can respec your points, but I could well be wrong. I'm currently interested in White Mage and Bard after Black Mage, so I made a couple of level 1 alts on Leviathon for them when the server first came up, then logged over to my current main toon. I've played a lot of other mmo's, including almost 9 years now of eq2, but this is my first FF game, so I'm not a total newb, but feel kind of like it. :)

Yes, you can get ALL Classes on one character, no need for alts or anything.

Also if you use just one character the sub cost is cheaper.

I think that's right, the only downside I can see is how you spend your bonus points. I'm focusing on becoming a Blackmage atm, so would tend to put my points in Int. However, that's not what I'd want to optimize for say and Archer/Bard. I don't think you can respec your points, but I could well be wrong. I'm currently interested in Whitemage and Bard after Blackmage, do I made a couple of level 1 alts on Leviathon when the server first came up, then logged over to my current main toon.

I'm really more of a melee guy, so I could essentially have a Pally, Warrior, and a Dragoon since they all use similar traits. If that's the case, I love this game even more now. Not having to start a whole new toon every time you want to try a different class/job is awesome.

I think that's right, the only downside I can see is how you spend your bonus points. I'm focusing on becoming a Black Mage atm, so would tend to put my points in Int. However, that's not what I'd want to optimize for say an Archer/Bard. I don't think you can respec your points, but I could well be wrong. I'm currently interested in White Mage and Bard after Black Mage, do I made a couple of level 1 alts on Leviathon when the server first came up, then logged over to my current main toon.

Your attribute points are separate for each class, you do NOT need to spend them toward anything but your current class.

So lets say your an Arcanist? You put the attributes toward arcanist stats.

Then you switch to a Gladiator? You do not "keep" the attributes you gained and spent for your Arcanist, you will get your attribute points again when you hit the level on your Gladiator and get them to spend for that class.

So don't worry about spending them for anything else, as they are all separate for each class, just spend your attributes on what that specific class needs.

Your attribute points are separate for each class, you do NOT need to spend them toward anything but your current class.

Then you switch to a Gladiator? You do not "keep" the attributes you gained and spent for your Arcanist, you will get your attribute points again when you hit the level on your Gladiator and get them to spend for that class.

So don't worry about spending them for anything else, as they are all separate for each class, just spend your attributes on what that specific class needs.

That's freaking awesome. So all you have to do is change your weapon/gear and you become the other class/job?

Very cool! That makes sense. So really alts are pointless.

Servers are indeed up, just still broken. Maintenance fixed no issues at this time. Expect another outage.

udg this suxm anyone else getting lobby server error? maybe they dont wanna get hammered and they did something to prevent people from joining after a certian time? cant tell becuase forums are down and i couldn;t see it anyway since i dont have a character yet. back to Fallout New Vegas for now :)

I have an incredibly unsolvable issue with my launcher, where it has a black screen and refuses to load *anything*. i've done multiple different fixes (quoting my reddit post):
Launcher window is 2013.08.22.0000.0001, just stays black entire time Running win 7 Home premium 64bit, I have: Downloaded/Redownloaded Launcher Set trusted sites in internet explorer, allowed cookies Deleted FFXIV folder in my game Edited cfg file Reset Router Uninstalled/Reinstalled Java Uninstalled/Reinstalled internet explorer Checked write/file permissions with installed files Tried installing in multiple different locations (uninstalling fully each time in between) Tried just sitting at the black screen for 30min+ Setting all of the exe's to run as admin, to run as compatibility for Win7 Uninstalled FFXIV, Deleted every single registry entry related to FFXIV, deleted every file remotely related to ffxiv, reinstalled, did all steps above again.

With no resolution. Anyone know of a current (full) client torrent? I'd like to see if its something that will resolve itself with an already complete install, as I'm at my wit's end with my current situation.

I have an incredibly unsolvable issue with my launcher, where it has a black screen and refuses to load *anything*. i've done multiple different fixes (quoting my reddit post):

With no resolution. Anyone know of a current (full) client torrent? I'd like to see if its something that will resolve itself with an already complete install, as I'm at my wit's end with my current situation.

I had that problem this morning as soon as servers opened. Wasnt due to anything other than server load. I just waited a few minutes and it finally loaded...

Not saying thats your issue but have you just tried waiting 5-10 minutes?

Not saying thats your issue but have you just tried waiting 5-10 minutes?

I've left it on for 30 min, hours. Nothing. I checked out the process itself in procexplorer and I see it raising in memory usage about 1-5kb per 2min, but no network activity nor are any new files being created anywhere after it loads or sits. I'm leaning towards either some random file-edit permission issue or some network/firewall permission somewhere...but I run my system relatively stripped, so I dunno.

I've left it on for 30 min, hours. Nothing. I checked out the process itself in procexplorer and I see it raising in memory usage about 1-5kb per 2min, but no network activity nor are any new files being created anywhere after it loads or sits. I'm leaning towards either some random file-edit permission issue or some network/firewall permission somewhere...but I run my system relatively stripped, so I dunno.

Well that sucks man...Im assuming youve checked official forums to see if anyone else is having problem/found a fix?

yea NA/EU server list is down for me too.

Been trying to get my story quest for level 15...but the damn duty server is down.

Hmm, I'm playing now. They're supposed to be doing another maintenance soon to fix the instance quests not working.

Everything looks to be down now......good times

edit: back up now, player in queue 150....at least that's working ;)

edit: scratch that, connect....hang....disconnect....error code 10102....error code 90000

anyone got Yoshi's telephone number?

Last edited:
Back