Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

Is it to late to preorder online and get a key in time for early access?

I know it's last minute, but I thought I'd confirm that Amazon doesn't invalidate codes they sent if you cancel a preorder. I had my coworker try a key from my cancelled preorder (I went with GMG), and it worked no problem. Pretty cool since he didn't have early access being a 1.0 owner but not having legacy status.

Well my idea of going to bed early didn't really work out lol, not sleepy enough.

Well my idea of going to bed early didn't really work out lol, not sleepy enough.

I seriously must have woke up every hour on the hour lol.

Anywho..

Lets get this staaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrtttttteeeeeeeeeddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
OMG its 1 minute past pre-release. I want a full refund they lied!!!

Just kidding....time to start this 6 shot mocha

MY world list isnt updating...

EDIT: Launcher just exploded....we are fucked...

LoL - grabbed a nap - get up at 2:51 am pst ready to log into game....restart client at 3:00 am pst because the play button is not on....play button is on...press it....no connect first 3 times. I notice the world icon is red....then green...sweet go go go! get logged in....world is full....86 in queue..LoL. at 3:05 am pst...

Well that was pretty fast...in now at 3:08 am. - See Ya There!

LoL - grabbed a nap - get up at 2:51 am pst ready to log into game....restart client at 3:00 am pst because the play button is not on....play button is on...press it....no connect first 3 times. I notice the world icon is red....then green...sweet go go go! get logged in....world is full....86 in queue..LoL. at 3:05 am pst...

Well that was pretty fast...in now at 3:08 am. - See Ya There!

Are you from the future??

Im in...

There are no EU/NA servers :(

Seems either I get "Lobby connection error" when start button is not highlighted or "cannot resolve NA/EU server list".

Here's what I get for hoping that any online game can launch without problems. Luckily after D3 release, I'm immune to minor botched launches :D

Last edited:
There are no EU/NA servers :(

Seems either I get "Lobby connection error" when start button is not highlighted or "cannot resolve NA/EU server list".

Here's what I get for hoping that any online game can launch without problems. Luckily after D3 release, I'm immune to minor botched launches :D

Restart your client...You logged in to early. Same thing happened to me. Restart the client and youll be fine...

Restarted the client many times - usually start button is not highlited and I see only "configuration", "opening movie" options then I'm kicked to Windows with "lobby server connection error".

I woke up 5 mins before launch. Logged in when the timer hit 0 and had a 50 person queue which took all of 10 seconds to get through.

Continued the main story, killed Ifrit, and called it a day. I gotta try and get a few more hours of sleep before my trip.

Might be on late Sunday depending on when I get back.

It won't let me make a character on Leviathan. :(

lol same, I don't know how long I can last. Might just continue playing on goblin...

edit - I'm staying on goblin. I have no idea how long this is going to take.

Goblin should be the home of the people that can't get into Lev.

My name is Home Depot on that server if you want to add me.

Last edited:
yeah, this kinda sucks. wanted Gilgamesh, to be with my friends. woke up late at 645 and full. tried a couple more times while playing on another server and still full. damn...

Fair warning folks: The Spirithold Broken quest is quite broken. There is a part where you are supposed to go into an instance and well the game decides to freeze your character and not load the instance. You will be unable to move and have to force quit the game.

Fair warning folks: The Spirithold Broken quest is quite broken. There is a part where you are supposed to go into an instance and well the game decides to freeze your character and not load the instance. You will be unable to move and have to force quit the game.

Apparently all the Duty Finder-based quests such the one for my Arcanist, "Over the Rails," does not work. You will get an error code about not being able to connect to the Duty Finder server.

Man I woke up at 5:45 am been playing. I was enjoying until I had to get off the game for server maintenance. I was having a blast. Played on my main right then moves to my new laptop to eat breakfast. Then was playing on my laptop till they kicked me out :(. Guys I tried playing with you all but I could not make a toon there. I made one on the Faeri server.

BTW when do you get your pre-order bonuses?

Back