Far Cry 5

Anyone suddenly have audio drop outs start happening to them in this?

Anyone?

Spoiler free comment about "best" ending: I'm treating that like one last bliss delusion. What the hell...

Well this is great, I just lost 20+ hours of progress and have to start over. Looks like my Ubisoft account was compromised and the cloud save system overwrote MY save with someone else's. Of course there is nothing Ubi can do because of their asinine and archaic SINGLE save system.

Seriously, this is 2018. No quicksaves, no multiple saves, and a fucked up cloud. If your SINGLE save is compromised, you have to start the entire game over.

Looking through the technical forums I'm not the only one this has happened to.

Last edited:
by the way yes you can back up your saves for any mission ..and yes there are steam guides in place to teach ya how to ..with fc cry 3 4 5 ..same rules apply ..just folder numbers change per game with ubi titles ..and where you install to

you do not need the uplay cloud service enabled

but yea back up your stuff if you wish to have it , where it belongs..on your hard drive .. or your backup

Thanks, I have already disabled cloud saves and will start backing up myself. It's just upsetting that in the year 2018, a AAA game does not allow quicksaves or multiple saves. In Witcher 3 I have HUNDREDS of saves and can access any point of my progress. Another reason why a company like CDPR is leagues above Ubisoft.

Perhaps Ubisoft should include a WARNING about their own cloud in with the epilepsy stuff. Could do a lot of gamers buying their product some actual good.

Last edited:
I freed Jacob's region at around 50% completion, and now the game went from having too many enemies to having basically zero. I just played for 2 hours without encountering a single peggy. If I had known that was gonna happen I wouldn't have completed the final mission so early.

Just got this game... I'm in lil over 10 hours, cleared the section with John Seed... Starting to migrate to the Faith section.. Jail done, water treatment done.... lovin it thus far.

I've caught one fish which was a pita. No Arcade mode played. 10 outposts captured. Story progress = 47.

Any tips or tricks?

Just got this game... I'm in lil over 10 hours, cleared the section with John Seed... Starting to migrate to the Faith section.. Jail done, water treatment done.... lovin it thus far.

I've caught one fish which was a pita. No Arcade mode played. 10 outposts captured. Story progress = 47.

Any tips or tricks?

Recon and stealth are your friends. Not perfect but they do work. Concentrate on your perks and what is going to help you in the early goings to buff up and improve other areas.

You get a quest with some character to get better fishing rods to buy. Forgot off the top of my head. I didn't really bother much with it to be honest. Some of the fetch stuff I'm just not going to do.

Make a point of getting whatever companions appeal to your personal play style as soon as you can.

Boomer is a must to get first for anyone IMO because he spots enemies for you. He's the best recon tool in the game in addition to your binoculars. Past that I would focus on getting whatever companion (s) appeal to your personal play style preference. I really liked Jess because she was stealthy, quiet ,and made amazing shots with her arrows that saved me many times.

I freed Jacob's region at around 50% completion, and now the game went from having too many enemies to having basically zero. I just played for 2 hours without encountering a single peggy. If I had known that was gonna happen I wouldn't have completed the final mission so early.

I agree. Clear a region and it gets very quiet there. I'm finished with the main story so the crickets are chirping. If they do the Origins treatment on this I have some ideas for a New Game+ and one of them would be keep the pain coming and maybe give some of the enemies some new tricks and upped aggression.

I'm still not sure how I feel about Far Cry 5. There are a lot of things to like, but so many quirks.
At first I thought it was going in more of an Elder Scrolls type of direction, but it's only surface stuff. In reality it's definitely more of the same content from the last couple FC games. It's been re-skinned and tweaked for a different tone, but it's the same type of game. I don't know if that's bad or not because I liked those games. I think I was just hopeful it would be more unique after the intro. It's more of the same even if it doesn't seem like it at first.
I think that's one reason you'll probably see a big drop off in people playing it after a month. It's very much deja vu if you've played the other ones.

As far as FC2 goes, I wasn't a fan. I played about halfway through and got bored with it. Something about it just wasn't fun or fresh. I completed literally every single thing in 3 and 4, though.

Thanks for sharing, I think this would be my opinion if I hadn't been put off too much to get it! :p

The setting really intrigued me, and the narrative seemed really fresh compared to what normally goes into AAA titles, but having read the reviews and opinions here, it's clear it's all just surface shine.

I can't invest in a game unless I know it has depth and I'll be rewarded for doing so. Is there any real depth here?

Companion-wise, Grace is great for taking out choppers, armored foes, and anything durable. Whatever sniper rifle she's packing is on par with your .50 rifle and she almost always scores headshots. I think she might be the best companion if you're simply looking to do well.
In terms of fun and chaos, it's hard to beat the combo of Cheeseburger and Herc Jr.

Well I finished the game, and man, those were some shit endings. Love the game, went right back in and picked up where I left off and working on lighters and baseballs and shit. The endings though....

Anyone?

Spoiler free comment about "best" ending: I'm treating that like one last bliss delusion. What the hell...

Only instances I've had is where I would lose stereo for a bit. Entire right channel (I'm only config'd for L/R in Windows) woudll randomly disappear for a second or two. Rare but it happens.

Companion-wise, Grace is great for taking out choppers, armored foes, and anything durable. Whatever sniper rifle she's packing is on par with your .50 rifle and she almost always scores headshots. I think she might be the best companion if you're simply looking to do well.
In terms of fun and chaos, it's hard to beat the combo of Cheeseburger and Herc Jr.

Peaches + Cheeseburger for me, especially later in the game once you have loads of money and guns. The humans talk to damn much, repetitively at that. Grace + the archer chick was outright painful to listen to. Only used them till they got their kill counts and that was me basically sending them into the enemy location with me FAR away to not trigger alarms (and hear their annoying battle crys).

Anyone set a fishing record yet for their territory? I haven't tried more than 5 or so times, nothing so far. Just got the albino paddlefish mission done. I've caught all fish, nothing record setting yet, that I know of anyways.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Only instances I've had is where I would lose stereo for a bit. Entire right channel (I'm only config'd for L/R in Windows) woudll randomly disappear for a second or two. Rare but it happens.

Bizarrely I've had it happen to me in three different Uplay games. I played a Steam game and it didn't happen and I'm going to fire up Destiny to see if it happens there. The audio just cuts out entirely for 1-2 seconds and then comes back. It's intermittent and not terribly frequent. I never had this issue before until two days ago. Weird.

Peaches + Cheeseburger for me, especially later in the game once you have loads of money and guns.

Nice destructive power combo. Fun to unleash.

They're all too over-powered. I use boomer for the tagging ability and Jess because she has a bow. I use her to take down animals quickly and sometimes so we can simultaneously take out 2 guards.

If you want a fair challenge, turn off all the icons and display aides in the interface options. I turn off everything besides a few of the message options and location/character discovery. Explosive warnings, enemy icons, damage feedback, reticle, etc, all OFF. Simply use the journal and map to navigate around to your objectives.

The game is just too easy if you let it hold your hand.

Last edited:
like this
If you want a fair challenge, turn off all the icons and display aides in the interface options. I turn off everything besides a few of the message options and location/character discovery. Explosive warnings, enemy icons, damage feedback, reticle, etc, all OFF. Simply use the journal and map to navigate around to your objectives.

The game is just too easy if you let it hold your hand.

Some of that isn't "easy" but more about making the game less tedious. Not knowing if you're being seen would definitely make things harder, though. I think people are simply more interested in better AI. I, personally, think it's super uneven. Most of the game is a breeze, but the enemy swarm missions can be a total pain depending on what weapons you have.

like this
Anyway to switch the order of the weapons in your loadout without dropping and replacing them? Also found a bug when I didn't complete the destroy enemy convoys with the plane. Keeps bringing back the same dialog telling me they are on to me or some such thing.

Some of that isn't "easy" but more about making the game less tedious. Not knowing if you're being seen would definitely make things harder, though. I think people are simply more interested in better AI. I, personally, think it's super uneven. Most of the game is a breeze, but the enemy swarm missions can be a total pain depending on what weapons you have.

Agreed. I would have liked to have seen more consistency and as you say "better" AI.

Holy shit there's actually a Tower 7 reference. Ubisoft gives zero fucks.

RrY1BBP.png

Yeah i amassed like 15k easily in an hour or so by just hunting,fishing and looting. Also doing the prepper stash quest will reward you in a lot of money. I already have a fully upgraded rifle,smg, and rocket launcher. Its not hard to get in game money at all.

Getting money is not as obvious as FC3/FC4, until you figure out the way to rake it in is from side quests, prepper stashes, hunting furs, and fishing.

I still have almost $90K...and that's after I've bought a fair amount of weapons (with attachments and "prestige" paint schemes), clothing outfits, and vehicles.

Have not spent one red cent in microtrasactions.

...and I just started fishing for the first time yesterday, after conquering all three territory bosses, leaving only the final boss left, but I'm intentionally holding off so I can complete side quests and explore/loot everything I can find...because the game is designed to encourage it.

Love this game...by far, the best FC yet. I bought the Gold Edition at full price, and it's been well worth the price of admission. Dare I say, my favorite FPS ever (so far).

I thought the Clutch Nixon airplane challenges were a pain in the ass (using KB/M) but the wingsuit challenge is even worse...
After a little frustration, I picked up my 360 gamepad, figured out the buttons I needed, and found that much easier to use for flight than KBM; the sticks on the gamepad let you control your flight movement smoother than pressing keyboard buttons (WASD).

After a little frustration, I picked up my 360 gamepad, figured out the buttons I needed, and found that much easier to use for flight than KBM; the sticks on the gamepad let you control your flight movement smoother than pressing keyboard buttons (WASD).

The airplane is the only thing in this game that made me tempted to reach for the controller but by the time that happened I basically was done with any real need to use an airplane.

Well I finished the game, and man, those were some shit endings. Love the game, went right back in and picked up where I left off and working on lighters and baseballs and shit. The endings though....

Unfortunately, poor endings seems par for the course lately. I can't remember any game I've finished in the past several years that had a satisfying ending!

Do your in-game decisions affect the endings at all? I don't dislike the game, but I'm kinda bored of it already and am thinking about just plowing ahead with the plot. Will that affect things at all ending-wise?

finished the game today. Johns section is defintely the best. the others are meh.

whole game is pretty meh though. From being forced through it to not really having any investment in anything. It just kind of drags you along. By the third area I was bored and done. I would skip dialogs and cutscence just to get on with it. never felt like that with 3 or 4.

I completed all the missions in John and Faith's regions a few days ago and have taken a break...it does feel very repetitive so I needed to recharge my batteries before plowing through with Jacob's region and the final confrontation with Joseph

Last edited:
I'm 2/3 of the way through Conor McGregor's area and it hasn't been very compelling. It feels like John's area (and plot) got most of the attention.

They just kidnap you, repeat the same few lines, and then you escape. It's all very shallow. They're like cartoon villains or something.

I find the simple act of driving to a new location to be highly annoying (in alarm elevated area). The sheer density of hostage rescues, enemy trucks, helicopters and planes defies any type of logic. If you drive on the roads they will spot you and kill you. This is 10x worse than anything FC2 ever did

I find the simple act of driving to a new location to be highly annoying (in alarm elevated area). The sheer density of hostage rescues, enemy trucks, helicopters and planes defies any type of logic. If you drive on the roads they will spot you and kill you. This is 10x worse than anything FC2 ever did

use an ATV off-road or a helicopter

you fast travel or you fast travel close and air drop. Never had to really walk any where.

or just run in a straight line to it. you can mash jump and get up just about any slope you want.

Does anybody know how to do the quest where you need to steal and deliver tanker trucks to Falls End? I got a truck and tracked the mission, but there is no marker on my map. I've been driving around Falls End with the truck to no avail.

Does anybody know how to do the quest where you need to steal and deliver tanker trucks to Falls End? I got a truck and tracked the mission, but there is no marker on my map. I've been driving around Falls End with the truck to no avail.

go to the starting point of the map, across the bridge from the starting island (Dutch Island)...directly at the entrance to the new region...wait there and you'll get tankers rolling through...that's what I did...even if you don't complete that mission it'll auto-complete after you take down John (the region boss)

I had a terrible time doing that one at first because after I killed the driver, the truck would blowup before I could get to it and repair it so I could get it back to Falls End.

I was using the AK 47 to kill the driver but it was causing too much damage to the truck.

I finally got smart and switched to using the SMG-11 in the pistol slot and it was fairly easy after that, as it didn't cause that much damage to the truck.

Start at Falls end, and equip your pistol slot with the SMG-11.

Go North to the dirt road the goes off to the left.

Pretty soon a Reaper Truck or a Tanker will turn off the East-West road to the North and head for the dirt road.

Kill the driver with the SMG-11, fix the truck if necessary, and it's short drive back to Falls End.

Fast travel to some other location on the map, fast travel back to Falls End, and start over for the 2nd one.

Oh, make sure that you are tracking that quest that shows you where to park the truck.

Damn, damn, damn! :mad:

Game crashed HARD. Not just to desk top, but to a re-boot!.

After the re-boot I tried starting it again and I got a Steam popup saying that the game wasn't installed.

I looked at the FC5 folders in Steam Apps, and there were still files there, so I was really puzzled.

I went into my Steam games library and sure enough it said not installed.

I figured I was going to have to do the hugh game D/L again but when I clicked on install, it checked existing files and it ended up that I only have one file to D/L. It's a big one so it's taking awhile.

I'm not looking forward to see how much progress I've lost

Game crashed HARD. Not just to desk top, but to a re-boot!.

I'm not looking forward to see how much progress I've lost

check to see your last save file-- C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames

Back