Far Cry 5

What about map creations, has anyone here dabbled with this yet? I was messing around a bit with it - same interface as FC4 which is nice, but with a lot more stuff!

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Strange, might be time for a virus scan since the error would imply the executable has been modified.

This is 3 seconds after it was installed.

Really shouldn't be happening. Very strange. I trust you've verified files and all the rest of that stuff?

It was just installed, I never got to play it.

What AV are you running? You could try disabling it and then reverifying the files and try to run it. I have had no issues running through steam which then opens up uplay.

I'm not running any AV the windows installation is 3 days old. Theres nothing on the machine. The ubisoft forums are absolutely filled with people with the same problem. I'll ask for a refund from steam, my interest was very small to begin with.

like this
I bought my first G-Sync monitor a few weeks ago...well worth it...first 1440p one as well...FC5 is a great looking game...not everything looks crisp and detailed but they really built a nice little world...feels a little too busy at times with all the animal attacks and vehicles constantly on the roads...I think it's better to stay off-road...game feels a bit like Just Cause in terms of the constant chaos you can always start...

1440P is a big jump when I first plugged one in I was like Holy Cow this is nice.

This game is the shit! Finally a game to get me back into gaming!! I am running 4k on high default and things are smooth and look very good..

like this
Spent another hour wasting my time trying to get rid of the "Security Violation" so I could play the damn game.

- Reinstalled the whole game
- Manually installed the EAC
- Disabled every single program that can do RGB or any kind of hooking (CAM, Gigabyte APP, Killer NIC, etc).

Nothing works. Game launches to the initial screen and crashes with the stupid error. Lots of people on the forum complaining of #00000007 and #0000000D violations just like mine as well, no ubisoft reply as of yet.

like this
Spent another hour wasting my time trying to get rid of the "Security Violation" so I could play the damn game.

- Disabled every single program that can do RGB or any kind of hooking (CAM, Gigabyte APP, Killer NIC, etc).

Nothing works. Game launches to the initial screen and crashes with the stupid error. Lots of people on the forum complaining of #00000007 and #0000000D violations just like mine as well, no ubisoft reply as of yet.

Reason why I rarely try playing ubisoft games until the damn drm is cracked. Punishing paying customers ftw!

OldBuzzard - Did you grab a screen shot? I may actually lift my ban on Far Cry games for a jackalope.

Sorry, I didn't think to do that.

You won't see it in the normal landscape. It's in one of the "Bliss Dream" sequences.

On another note, every time I start the game I get an error. I can click on any of the three buttons, and the game starts OK. It's just a PITA.

FC5 error.PNG

I had a similar issue with Hunt Showdown (alpha) where it was giving me an error and re-installing the Anti-Cheat fixed it

like this
Was playing last night and saw a JACKALOPE.

Has anyone else noticed it?
I havent, but i dont doubt there are some more 'secret' animals out there, i have heard some of the NPC's talking about spotting Sasquatch and there is some posters about it too so im sure there is a bigfoot out there somewhere.

like this
the fire in this game reminds me of FC2...you set a small fire and it spreads over a wide area and lasts for a bit...

like this
the fire in this game reminds me of FC2...you set a small fire and it spreads over a wide area and lasts for a bit...

One of the few things I liked about that game that I'm happy to see again here.

I think I mostly 100%'ed the first southern area.

Took me FOREVER flying around in a slow ass helicopter to find the last red silo to blow up.... and then you don't even really get much for it lol.

Oh well. This is the most fun I've had in a game in awhile.

like this
I sat down to just see how the game was last night and ended up playing five hours straight. I haven’t touched a game in months.. so fun. I feel a dash of Just Cause 2 in there.. and I say that with affection. It looks pretty, the engine and mechanics feel good, the world has lots to do in it.. really fucking fun!

am I able to fish right away (after the Dutch Island area) or do I need to complete a tutorial/mission first?

EDIT: figured it out...you can fish immediately...just grab a rod...

Last edited:
I am enjoying this game, with just over 5 hours of play time. The scenery is visually appealing. I had my wife sign up for a new green man gaming account and was able to pick up the gold version for 20% off.

am I able to fish right away (after the Dutch Island area) or do I need to complete a tutorial/mission first?

EDIT: figured it out...you can fish immediately...just grab a rod...

Yes and the fishing is surprisingly fun too. :)

Yes and the fishing is surprisingly fun too. :)

it's a lot of fun once you get the mechanics down...in the beginning I could always hook the fish easily but I couldn't reel them in...I went back to that starting island and practiced and now I have it down (having that Fisher King perk also helps)

it's a lot of fun once you get the mechanics down...in the beginning I could always hook the fish easily but I couldn't reel them in...I went back to that starting island and practiced and now I have it down (having that Fisher King perk also helps)

I tried fishing from a bridge. Hooked a fish, fought it for a bit, then the damn thing swam under and snapped my line. Still curious if you can reel it up from that height. ADD kicked in when a supply truck drove over the bridge. A very "oh look a squirrel" moment....

I havent, but i dont doubt there are some more 'secret' animals out there, i have heard some of the NPC's talking about spotting Sasquatch and there is some posters about it too so im sure there is a bigfoot out there somewhere.

In one of the dream sequences I had a rabbit with antlers. Now of course its a dream sequence where things don't make sense. Maybe that's where they saw their instance of oddity.

So far Im about 5 hours in. The MP is a mess, especially the map system. In single player, there's some odd glitches (I took off in a helo and somehow had two of them going at the same time resulting in immediate crash). Nothing major, the music and singing so far is my favorite part. Also make sure you pay attention to the TV's in the various bunkers, the story line continues from the starting sequence.

I tried fishing from a bridge. Hooked a fish, fought it for a bit, then the damn thing swam under and snapped my line. Still curious if you can reel it up from that height. ADD kicked in when a supply truck drove over the bridge. A very "oh look a squirrel" moment....

I don't think so as you need to get close to the fish to actually grab it from your reel...it doesn't automatically come to you...that's the issue I was having when I first started fishing...I couldn't reel them in all the way...then I realized I needed to move close to it once it got close enough to the shore...if you're on a bridge then it seems like it would be an issue

Is there more than 50 hours in this game? Deciding if I should set up a price alert or not.

Hard to say but I'm going to guess yes depending on play style. If you're someone that smells the roses, OCDs, and takes your time? I could see it happening.

I don't think so as you need to get close to the fish to actually grab it from your reel...it doesn't automatically come to you...that's the issue I was having when I first started fishing...I couldn't reel them in all the way...then I realized I needed to move close to it once it got close enough to the shore...if you're on a bridge then it seems like it would be an issue

You're probably right on the distance thing as I observed the same when trying to fish. I was just playing around being dumb on the bridge to see if I can. I tried from the back of a pickup I parked on an unstable bank trying to see if Ubi through in some trickery to try and beat the river records. Mostly it was 12am, I was bored but not yet tired. I did pull in that fish though, a 13lb trout. :whoopee:

Hard to say but I'm going to guess yes depending on play style. If you're someone that smells the roses, OCDs, and takes your time? I could see it happening.

Hey, I resemble that remark. ;)

I do this and I need to stop.

I need to just start a game and play the main missions only because whenever I get heavily involved in side missions and or other crap, I get bored quickly.

like this
seems like the ATV is the best land vehicle because of its off-road capability...if you stick to the road then you'll run into a patrol every 2 seconds

Last edited:
with the sheer number of land, sea and air troops these Seed brothers have there's no way anyone should be able to take them down

I think what's killing my guy the most is trying to ram dudes on the road and they end up being the flame thrower guys LOL.. kaboom!

Kinda surprising, HowLongToBeat even says 40 hours for Completionist. Most Ubi games run about 60+. I guess Far Cry has typically been the shortest open world games from them.

like this

The fire makes me want to try setting up iCUE with addessible LEDs for monitor ambient backlighting.

Back