Far Cry 4 set in the Himalayas

New game update!...don't see any release note yet.

My game's fucked right now. Saving makes the game hang and dying/loading a new area has about a 50% chance of making the game hang.

Verified files and still the same thing.

Last edited:
I still have the ghosting problem when I change the AA setting to SMAA from TXAAx2..I have a GTX 670 SLI setup and almost all the stuttering is gone though!

I'm still working through DAI then SOM so by the time I get to FC4 it should be 19-20 dollars and patched up.

So apparently the save/load freezing bug is somehow related to having a karma level of 8. Guess it's time to knock off some civilians and get back down to 7 until they fix the bug.

I heard that there are a handful of Season Pass codes floating around out there thanks to some sort of promo. I was granted FC4 on PC thanks to the AC Unity "free game" offer, but it didn't come with the season pass. However, I don't know if there's $30, or even $22 worth of content in that pass (the lowest price I know of given coupons at the moment). I'd certainly pay a couple of bucks for it though, if someone had one to sell..

Here's hoping that the quality improves.

My game's fucked right now. Saving makes the game hang and dying/loading a new area has about a 50% chance of making the game hang.

Verified files and still the same thing.

Same here.
I literally cant play.
Or, I can play till I die and then play all the same stuff over again.
Mine has stopped saving even after you complete missions and trying to manual save hangs the game. Save and Quit doesn't work. No saving after you buy stuff... No saving anything. I've tried every activity I can think of to make it do a save and nothing.
*sigh*

Haven't had any problems with this game except a few CTDs, *runs* Sorry guys.

I'm about 80% done now, just doing the side missions and collecting the masks of yulan

Haven't had any problems with this game except a few CTDs, *runs* Sorry guys.

I'm about 80% done now, just doing the side missions and collecting the masks of yulan

Me, either. I had no problems with the game to speak of.

Same here. Original release I had occasional minor stutter when running the atv at full tilt but that was it and rare anyway. Since patches that's been fine.

Definitely worth every cent on my end, even having played fc3 already no hard feelings about similarities.

Same here.
I literally cant play.
Or, I can play till I die and then play all the same stuff over again.
Mine has stopped saving even after you complete missions and trying to manual save hangs the game. Save and Quit doesn't work. No saving after you buy stuff... No saving anything. I've tried every activity I can think of to make it do a save and nothing.
*sigh*

Yup, doing all the same things for me too.

So after you've hit karma level 8, can you even lose karma any more? I tried "accidentally" killing some people, and I got a warning and no lost karma after the first one and was just killed if I killed someone after that.

So apparently the save/load freezing bug is somehow related to having a karma level of 8. Guess it's time to knock off some civilians and get back down to 7 until they fix the bug.
Interesting. Will check this out

Kind of disappointed with this game so far. Feels too much like Far Cry 3 way the missions and Radio Towers are, just with a prettier coat of paint. But it was free so I think I am just going to stick to the main story and quit with the side missions.

Kind of disappointed with this game so far. Feels too much like Far Cry 3 way the missions and Radio Towers are, just with a prettier coat of paint. But it was free so I think I am just going to stick to the main story and quit with the side missions.

I've enjoyed it this game but yes, it essentially is a robust expansion pack and reskin of Far Cry 3 with some refinements and a few new wrinkles thrown into the mix. Plus elephants. ;)

It's Far Cry 3.5.

I never understand this sentiment. What do you expect from a game in a series? Drastic changes?

You can say this about every game in a series, period. Street Fighter 5 will be just fighting like all the previous games but reskinned just like Uncharted, Madden, DMC, AC, MGS, BF, COD, Counter-Strike, Halo series, Dark Souls series, GTA, Arma, Bioshock, Diablo,Starcraft..... and on and on.

Welcome to playing games in a series!

You really think GTA feels the same as GTA3? Bioshock the same as Bioshock Infinite? Come on, now.

Even the modem CoD games feel more different from each other than FC3 does from FC4.

You really think GTA feels the same as GTA3? Bioshock the same as Bioshock Infinite? Come on, now.

Even the modem CoD games feel more different from each other than FC3 does from FC4.

They feel like cod to me. Arcade shooter with corridor, linear single player and dumbed down MP. About the same as they have always been.

Many of the games listed feel generic in that regard. Ubisoft games even more-so as they are as formulaic as most. When I think of playing FC I want large open-world with exploration and good gun play. Everything else is extra. Should they spice it up a little? Sure. DO I want them to drastically change the game? No. What happened from Far Cry 2 to Far Cry 3 saved the series IMO.

They feel like cod to me. Arcade shooter with corridor, linear single player and dumbed down MP. About the same as they have always been.

The Bioshock games? I can't agree with you on this one especially at higher difficulties.

What happened from Far Cry 2 to Far Cry 3 saved the series IMO.

I agree. I hated FC2.

You're reaching here. I'd say these are about equal.

Last edited:
Bought FC4 yesterday and started playing it today. So far it seems smooth, I'm not getting stuttering but I've only just completed the prologue. I set it to ultra settings and then disabled motion blue, change anti-aliasing to TXAA2, and bumped the FOV up about 3/4 of the way (not sure what that is but I'm used to 90-degrees). So far there are some dips below 60FPS but nothing extreme.

I'm using a Galaxy GTX 780 HOF with a slight OC on it and the card seems to sit at around 80% usage. It's definitely working but temps don't get much over 70C.

Game looks great so far, even if it didn't stray from the FC3 formula I'll likely still enjoy it. I still need to finish FC2 and now I'm kinda dreading it; I started it long ago and now I'm guessing that the malaria BS never goes away from what I'm reading here.

Game looks great so far, even if it didn't stray from the FC3 formula I'll likely still enjoy it. I still need to finish FC2 and now I'm kinda dreading it; I started it long ago and now I'm guessing that the malaria BS never goes away from what I'm reading here.

It doesn't, but pretty soon you realize that as long as you keep things moving along, you'll always have enough pills that it's not a huge problem. Sure it's annoying when the malaria hits and you're in the middle of a firefight, but in reality that might have happened once or twice during the entire game so not a big deal.

I just loved the tranquil atmosphere and some of the missions. It was really cool IMO to work for both of those rival factions, and the diamond currency was a neat system because it ensured that you actually had to carefully think about which weapons you wanted to unlock. It was just that much more rewarding than liberating a tower and then BAM FREE RPGS EVERYWHERE.

the main problems for farcry 2 is the huge distances and getting shot in the back. But I prefer a lot of the mechanics from that game. Like the weapons, diamonds and even gold weapons.

Fc4 felt like I was playing fc3

Not sure^ would like to know, I know you can cheat on FC4 though. I might do that after I complete the game.

I am 98% complete. I just have two more races and an assassination mission left.

I made it to about 65% completion. Unless someone I know picks it up for co-op, I don't really have any desire to continue.

I have to say, this game fucking sucks. A massive step back from 2 and 3. Shit controls, shit map, shit map legend, can't see where your next missions is, MMO inspired grinding, and some radio towers can't even be completed.

I'd give it a 5/10 for being an incomplete product.

Also further proof that game development is for incompetent idiots who can't land a better job.

What? What problems are you having? The towers are not hard. Some require run/jumps, you have to figure out how to start your run early before jumping, you can't run & jump at the same time. For the maps, yeah, the zoom in could be better done. But that is a small part. For grinding.... really if you get a silenced sniper and AK that is really all you need. You can kill with impunity as long as the people die they will not automatically see you or know where you are.

I think Far Cry 4 is harder than Far cry 3. I just did the final Shangra-La mission and I thought it was pretty hard.

I think Far Cry 4 is harder than Far cry 3. I just did the final Shangra-La mission and I thought it was pretty hard.

Hard as in lets hold 3 keys down to use C4, then the game automatically make you jump on a zip tie like a monkey. And then when you land you can't even use your C4 anymore. You get killed. Some difficultly. Difficulty in bullshit controls and make automatically killing you isn't difficulty. Its like taking a shit in a toilet that splatters it right back onto your ass. It maybe "difficult" to not make a mess, but it isn't any real difficulty when the bullshit is rigged/doesn't work.

Ubisoft needs to fire all of their staff. And fuck the gaymer/reviewers who say good things about this turdware.

Hard as in lets hold 3 keys down to use C4, then the game automatically make you jump on a zip tie like a monkey. And then when you land you can't even use your C4 anymore. You get killed. Some difficultly. Difficulty in bullshit controls and make automatically killing you isn't difficulty. Its like taking a shit in a toilet that splatters it right back onto your ass. It maybe "difficult" to not make a mess, but it isn't any real difficulty when the bullshit is rigged/doesn't work.

Ubisoft needs to fire all of their staff. And fuck the gaymer/reviewers who say good things about this turdware.

It sounds like user error IMO. The only issue besides the microstutter was the wingsuit being bound to sprint. The entire game played exactly like FC3 and the same tactics that worked in that game worked here as well. If anything the player became too powerful too fast. By the time I got to the northern part of the map I was fucking Superman.

Finally playing it and not that impressed. Graphics don't look all that much different, but it sure as hell runs alot worse then FC3. Thought I'd like the new map, but I it just seems dull and droopy. The new animals like the Rhino and elephant are cool. My biggest gripe is the AI. They are just too easy to kill and the game gets repetitive fast bc of that

I've been playing FC4 on my PS4 since a couple weeks ago as I didn't have my PC until last week. I personally love the game, its a lot of fun. FC3 was great too, and granted 4 is basically the same game with some small additions and a new setting and story but that doesn't bother me. Other franchises do the same thing, call of duty for example. I loved original farcry as well but didn't care too much for the 2nd. FC3 and FC4 are great though. Sure its not anything ground breaking but it provides a helluva lot of fun in my opinion. Being able to tackle the game any way you want strategically is something I wish more games did.

It looks great on my PS4 and my 46" 1080p HDTV through HDMI. I'm sure it looks better maxed out on a nice rig and playing at a FPS higher then 30 would be nice too but since I'm 80% done the game already I probably wont bother getting it for PC. Plus I don't think my MSI GS60 860m rig will handle the game at ultra maxed settings at HD resolution. Either way I would prefer to play it on the PC but I probably wont end up getting it on windows for a while since I'm about done the games single player. Haven't touched the online part of it but FC3 coop was fun so I expect the same or better with 4.

Sure its not ground breaking and it isn't much different from 3 but it's still super fun. The game appeals to whatever play style you want which is nice. I love taking outposts fully stealthed out with the crossbow and suppressed weapons but at the same time blowing through a fortress with C4, grenades, the spas12, and the rebel tec9 is great fun.

Also should note that I didn't care for Farcry 2, although the first one was great of course, when it was out.

What? What problems are you having? The towers are not hard. Some require run/jumps, you have to figure out how to start your run early before jumping, you can't run & jump at the same time.

For the jumping shit (and it took me awhile to figure this out, too), you basically have to tap the sprint key and then hold forward. DO NOT hold sprint, because it will do some weird shit like trying to deploy the wingsuit. As long as you hold forward you will keep sprinting. Then, quickly hit jump. Should work every time.

Really the issue there is a poor control scheme.

Overall I would probably give this game like a 6.5/10. It was entertaining for awhile but overall it felt like an exp pack for FC3, with a nice new environment but worse performance and way more bugs.

I swear this game is fun but has some pretty annoying "bugs".

I need one animal(deer like animal) skin so I can get a wallet that holds more than 250k. I've went to the only area on the map where it shows to be. I haven't found ANYTHING. I've looked on foot and from the air multiple times now.

Fuck it's annoying.

I swear this game is fun but has some pretty annoying "bugs".

I need one animal(deer like animal) skin so I can get a wallet that holds more than 250k. I've went to the only area on the map where it shows to be. I haven't found ANYTHING. I've looked on foot and from the air multiple times now.

Fuck it's annoying.

That's not a bug. You're just not looking in the right places. The icon shows the general area, not the exact location. Try looking for a body of water close by.

Started playing yesterday and I'm enjoying it so far. Getting random little hitches here and there, but otherwise getting 60fps with nearly everything maxed out.
I liked FC3 a lot, so more of the same is fine by me. I like the climbing mechanic, although the controls for it are a little wonky.

Back