Far Cry 4 set in the Himalayas

just wanted to share that I couldnt be more glad to have finished this game. I committed to playing it through so I stuck with it, but damn the world felt so static, kept getting killed for stupid reasons (wingsuit crashing into a branch, mountain lion, and overall clumsy controls) and the story was anything but inspired. not sure why people in the Himalayas all speak Cantonese either.

anyways, onto witcher!

I loved the game to start and then.... I stopped loving it. It seems like a reskinned Farcry 3 and also Blood dragon. Just the same, but way too much of it.

I loved the game to start and then.... I stopped loving it. It seems like a reskinned Farcry 3 and also Blood dragon. Just the same, but way too much of it.

yes! it got repetitive quickly. and of course ahjay is the yes-man to everything without question.

Wow it is only now that I am truly discovering this game. It is absolutely dopey dope. I just killed a bunch of idiots, took photographs of torture, kidnapped the torturer, looked at Amita and Sabal fight. Entered an opium factory, got hallucinated and killed everything. Came out rode an elephant to a bell tower. Liberated it. Took the zip line down below. Saved a woman hostage, had some arena battle. Took a ride on the flying thingie shot gernades to free an elephant. Got everyone killed in the outpost and landed on the roof like a boss and went to sleep.

Holy ****ing shite this game is insane. And I haven't even mentioned my acid trips to Shangrila. Or the naked women dancing around me. Or the hilarious commentary in the car. The stuff the guy on the radio says is downright hilarious like all homophobes tighten their butt holes but still want to kiss Ryan Gosling. Hahaha wtf.

the Shangri-la things I absolutely hated.. I pretty much just sprinted through them.

So far I spent most of my game time doing everything but the main missions until i had to. think i'm at like 96.xx%

money is actually the tough bit right now for me so I can finish off the guns.

flying the buzzer and using the grenade launcher is a hoot. Love just blasting cars making crazy leading shots. Did the same with the propaganda posters. was able to get all 150 by getting as close as the game would let me and grenading them.

Like 3...this game is quite amazing. It takes a lot anymore for a game to keep me interested.

There's a lot of hot characters in this game.. I'm always thinking "Shangri-hot" or twisting words into "-hot". x_x Amita's hot.

*sigh* Indian/Asian people are beautiful.

are all the different ending as shit as the one I got today? i mean...it didn't even seem like an ending.

Yeah the ending sucked balls. Checked out the others online and none are really any better.

Why did they make only some of the content replayable? Too bad the hostage rescues weren't.

ok i watched all hte endings...there are atari 2600 games with better endings. I'm glad I didn't shoot Pagan as I would have been even more pissed about it

Still an awesome game....if they could have just made better endings I put it up there on my list of most enjoyable games.

ok i watched all hte endings...there are atari 2600 games with better endings. I'm glad I didn't shoot Pagan as I would have been even more pissed about it

Still an awesome game....if they could have just made better endings I put it up there on my list of most enjoyable games.

But then you can't loot his body over and over for huge money.

I tried playing this game when I had a 770. Even on the lowest settings it wasn't possible. I uninstalled and went on to some other game.

Months later I have a 980ti and I finally finished Borderlands Pre Sequel so time to try the game again.

Having a blast with it. Liberating areas is really fun especially trying to do it unseen. The random events that happen are pretty fun, but sometimes can be annoying.

My biggest gripe is random animals attacking you. I once had to kill 2 hawks and a pack of dogs, and I was just trying to finish looting a few corpses. Dogs have screwed up my stealth tactics more than once as well.

Last edited:
I tried playing this game when I had a 970. Even on the lowest settings it wasn't possible. I uninstalled and went on to some other game.

Huh? I have a 970 and the game runs perfectly fine at 1080p on max detail. Do you play at 4K or something?

Having a blast with it. Liberating areas is really fun especially trying to do it unseen. The random events that happen are pretty fun, but sometimes can be annoying.

My biggest gripe is random animals attacking you. I once had to kill 2 hawks and a pack of dogs, and I was just trying to finish looting a few corpses. Dogs have screwed up my stealth tactics more than once as well.

Looks like there is a hawk attacking you. We'll toss in 4 dogs, 2 rhinos, and a bear for free! Then a hostile vehicle will mow you down in the middle of the road mid-fight.

Did they ever fix the stuttering everybody was having with this game?

For the most part, yes.

Generally you can knock the settings down a little bit (i.e. water, shadows, turn fur and tree relief off) and it still looks fine, and will play much better. Certain areas sure, you want it to look nice, but remember it's not a sightseeing tour, so you should prioritize smooth gameplay over pretty graphics.

thhey never did get SLI working well. I had to use NVinspector or whatever it is to make it work without the weird blurring/duplication effect.

the hell people do on their fucking pcs, i think some forgot theyre dealing with logical systems, adding horsepower wont solve dumbness, its like you have a monkey driving on a racing track and he cant steer well on the curves and you add more power to the engine..

Same exact CPU now and with the 980ti I get 90+fps on average on highest settings. *shrug*

Glad it's running well now, but the jump from a 970 to a 980 Ti isn't like a 300%+ increase or anything (going from ~35 FPS on Low to ~90 FPS on Max), so it seems like something else was going on there.

Can only speak to my own experience, of course, which is that at 1080p Max detail I rarely drop below 40 FPS, mostly 60+ from the feel of it.

On my 980 I kept the vast majority of settings maxed and rarely dropped below the upper 50's at 1080p. Like with most things, higher forms of AA are the easiest things to back off of in order to improve performance without looking horrible.

Glad it's running well now, but the jump from a 970 to a 980 Ti isn't like a 300%+ increase or anything (going from ~35 FPS on Low to ~90 FPS on Max), so it seems like something else was going on there.

Can only speak to my own experience, of course, which is that at 1080p Max detail I rarely drop below 40 FPS, mostly 60+ from the feel of it.

Wow, I'm a complete moron. It was a 770 I upgraded from!

Jesus...

Still plugging away at this game. Liberating outposts is still pretty fun and challenging - I typically have many retries where I kill myself with grenades to restart after making a dumb mistake.

But, I find myself forcing myself to do main quest missions, which kinda sucks. The main missions aren't really that interesting and some are really annoying (getting drugged, again and again...).

I have a feeling once I liberate the last outpost and take the last fort, I'll move on to my next backlogged game (Splinter Cell Blacklist), and won't even bother finishing the storyline. Unless someone can confirm it gets better?

I have a feeling once I liberate the last outpost and take the last fort, I'll move on to my next backlogged game (Splinter Cell Blacklist), and won't even bother finishing the storyline. Unless someone can confirm it gets better?

Well the "last" fort would be that northern city on the way to meet Pagan Min, which is part of the story line. Plus Lakshmana closure.

Still plugging away at this game. Liberating outposts is still pretty fun and challenging - I typically have many retries where I kill myself with grenades to restart after making a dumb mistake.

But, I find myself forcing myself to do main quest missions, which kinda sucks. The main missions aren't really that interesting and some are really annoying (getting drugged, again and again...).

i guess it does, the whole game is totally fucking awesome in my opinion, this is the best far cry ever. problem with the main story is that theyre both towelheads, one wants to rape children and call it marriage = towelhead, the other wants to destroy old relics and sell heroin to fund their "rebelion" = yep, thats a towelhead too :p, but towelheads aside this game is crazy fun, i played three times @ 100% and two times the yeti dlc.

I am enjoying this game, but have word performance issues. Overclocked 4790k, 2666 Ddr3, Crossfire r9 290s.

Performance is normally find, but then randomly for 5-10 seconds frame rate drops down to mid 20fps. Afterburner shows the graphics cards dropping to near minimal load. CPU is still clocked up, not throttling. Playing on an ssd, so no crazy loads from disk going on. No idea why the performance just drops.....

It's not triggered by anything in game that I can see. With the windows performance monitor up on an additional screen it looks like the load drops on my processor too.....

So weird

Spoilers.

Finally finished the game. Towards the end it got repetitive. The character is probably one of the worst characters I've ever played as. The voice actor was good, however.

I spoiled the ending for myself and read that you can kill both people (forgot their names). I shot the the girl, mainly because there isn't an option to romance her. Probably one of the best looking female characters in gaming history and you can't romance her?!

I let pagan live, because he's funny. I still have the game installed in case I want to come back and do more stealthy fort liberations. Also, what happened to the asian chick that was with pagan? I believe she also poisons/drugs your character and leaves you in a prison. You never see her again after that.

Back