Fallout 76

hahahahahah......Holy shit I think at this point Bethesda just doesn't give a fuck anymore. This is making me very nervous for Starfield and ESV....

As long as they don't f with the ability to mod and the modding community ESV will be fine.

As long as they don't f with the ability to mod and the modding community ESV will be fine.

To be honest I think they will. They have turned into a greedy company now, and all they want to do is make money. Just you watch...the only mods you can use will be from the creation store or something. They will find a way to make even more money from mods.

To be honest I think they will. They have turned into a greedy company now, and all they want to do is make money. Just you watch...the only mods you can use will be from the creation store or something. They will find a way to make even more money from mods.

I'm sure they're not done trying to monetize mods. I'm waiting for them to start charging for the modding tools to discourage free modders, if they manage to pull both of those off the next logical step would be to use the TOS to limit mods made with them to the official mod store.

Luckily there's still a lot of resistance to the way they want to do paid mods but if they get smart and offer modders a bigger slice they might convince most to go along with it. Of course once it's accepted they would likely start finding little ways to screw the modders until they're back to getting practically nothing.

The game still has (or maybe had) a lots of potential. The early portions of 76 are no worse than the previous games. The problem is that the game actually gets worse the further you get. Later areas and missions are half baked at best.
They sold a game that was roughly half-finished with the promise of fixing it with time. They trickled a few things out, but nothing major. Now they're trying to get people to pay a subscription fee for content that should have been there all along? Plus, it's still not even anything big.
Way to alienate your few remaining players. It isn't an Anthem-level dumpster fire, but it's a pretty big black eye.

I'd say FO76 was always worse than Anthem. Anthem's biggest sin is that its boring and there is nothing to do. It had some bugs (and a few really bad ones) but on a technical level it was MILES a head of FO76. On a gameplay front I think I'd give it to Anthem as well. Both had potential but 76 is like a shittier version of FO4 which was already a shittier version of FO3 and NV. Anthem had more hype behind it, but in terms of how messed up both games were and continue to be its clear 76 is still the absolute worst live service game out there.

I'd say FO76 was always worse than Anthem. Anthem's biggest sin is that its boring and there is nothing to do. It had some bugs (and a few really bad ones) but on a technical level it was MILES a head of FO76. On a gameplay front I think I'd give it to Anthem as well. Both had potential but 76 is like a shittier version of FO4 which was already a shittier version of FO3 and NV. Anthem had more hype behind it, but in terms of how messed up both games were and continue to be its clear 76 is still the absolute worst live service game out there.

Gotta disagree there, but I don't think you're off base or anything. I kinda liked FO76. While I agree it's worse than FO4, I'd say those were light years ahead of 3 and NV. You could actually hit things without VATS being the main reason. They're hybrid shooters instead of dice roll RPG's.
I consider Anthem to be the worst major release I can remember. It's slow, it's buggy, it runs poorly, the plot is pointless, gameplay is sluggish, matchmaking is awful, etc.
I played through the campaign in its entirety and want the time I spent back. Wheras with FO76 I enjoyed the first 5-6 hours. The sections that had lots of voice recordings and actual things to interact with. Powering up the different types of armor and exploring new areas was kinda fun. My wife and I would play to hunt down legendary enemies and to mess with other players...and it was fun? I don't know if anything in Anthem was ever fun.

Gotta disagree there, but I don't think you're off base or anything. I kinda liked FO76. While I agree it's worse than FO4, I'd say those were light years ahead of 3 and NV. You could actually hit things without VATS being the main reason. They're hybrid shooters instead of dice roll RPG's.
I consider Anthem to be the worst major release I can remember. It's slow, it's buggy, it runs poorly, the plot is pointless, gameplay is sluggish, matchmaking is awful, etc.
I played through the campaign in its entirety and want the time I spent back. Wheras with FO76 I enjoyed the first 5-6 hours. The sections that had lots of voice recordings and actual things to interact with. Powering up the different types of armor and exploring new areas was kinda fun. My wife and I would play to hunt down legendary enemies and to mess with other players...and it was fun? I don't know if anything in Anthem was ever fun.

Liking is hugely different from being good.

I never experienced the technical problems you have with Anthem, including the matchmaking. Anthems only problem was a lack of anything outside of the core gameplay mechanics, everything was there for a great game except for the game. That is why Anthem pissed me off, they had a good game yet had a terrible game.

FO76 is just a crappy FO4 ported to multiplayer, just like Wolfienstien Youngblood.

Bethesda is really going hard with the monetization bs now. Talk about being out of touch with the player base. Jesus.

I saw a youtube video. Forget who unfortunately. This appears to be due to the company trying to get bought out? They are doing everything they can think of to boost revenue to make their price as high as possible. So they are selling out? Seems to be the end of things.

I saw a youtube video. Forget who unfortunately. This appears to be due to the company trying to get bought out? They are doing everything they can think of to boost revenue to make their price as high as possible. So they are selling out? Seems to be the end of things.

No, it's just one of Zenimax's largest investors looking to offload its share of the company, and that news was back in 2016. Zenimax Media is still a privately-held company, so any sale would be up to owner Robert Altman and the rest of his board.

Then why so blindly aggressive with the monetization? Something new is stirring the pot.

Then why so blindly aggressive with the monetization? Something new is stirring the pot.
It's nothing new. Remember when the idea of DLC microtransactions started Zenimax and Bethesda were first out of the gates with horse armor and the rest is history. But Bethesda has been slowly going this way for years, people have just been in denial. Don't forget the paid mods fiasco.

It's nothing new. Remember when the idea of DLC microtransactions started Zenimax and Bethesda were first out of the gates with horse armor and the rest is history. But Bethesda has been slowly going this way for years, people have just been in denial. Don't forget the paid mods fiasco.
Yep. Glad I never got into any of their games. They all are overhyped garbages to me.

I put more time into my first session of Outer Worlds than I put into Fallout 4 combined. I don't think I'll ever touch 76.

I put more time into my first session of Outer Worlds than I put into Fallout 4 combined. I don't think I'll ever touch 76.

If you don't like Fallout 4, you definitely wouldn't like 76. It has better non-VATS shooting and better base building/customization. Otherwise 4 is better in nearly every other way.
While I liked Outer Worlds, I wouldn't say it does much better than Fallout 4 either. Fresher setting and better dialogue maybe.

Fresher setting and better dialogue maybe.

Those are two things on the top that mean a quite a bit. Gameplay for me is a tossup, but I will say that I much prefer the Mass Effect-esque colors of Outer Worlds on top of the setting than I do to the sickening-toned colors and world of Fallout.

oh no

ZV8qn52.png

That was proven to be fake. However, many 5 star items were "created" in game along with various other exploits. Most were able to be removed in the last patch. Although the last patch made it so when you reload your weapon your armor breaks...

Is there a new map yet?

Supposedly the developers don't plan to add additional maps. Instead their additional content will consist of underground bunkers, bases, etc. that live within the current map. They nixed the idea of possibly incorporating DC, Pittsburgh, Columbus, etc. There's a ton of unused space in the current map, so I kinda get it. On the other hand, it's West Virginia. It's not really supposed to be saturated with points of interest. They keep delaying the major new story elements, which are what they need IMO. There's plenty of space and stuff to see, but there's no reason to bother.

I just tried playing it, to see if anything has changed. I get to the loading screen and the game crashes, lolol

I'm going to support every trash game that comes out just to make you cry more.

That's a bit of an... odd attitude: I'm going to spend my own money on bad games I don't like just to support them so we see more of them and it makes someone else sad. The expression "cut off your nose to spite your face" comes to mind.

That's a bit of an... odd attitude: I'm going to spend my own money on bad games I don't like just to support them so we see more of them and it makes someone else sad. The expression "cut off your nose to spite your face" comes to mind.
Exactly, I'm glad you got it.

This game would've been killer as F2P w/ cash shop. Even the new monthly sub makes sense as F2P. But full price + all of that is silly. As it stands now, it's an online game but if you wanna play with friends they all have to buy a copy. Nobody wants to do that lol. At least if it were free you could get your friends in easily.

Or at the very least they should have launched it as a half price standalone-expansion style game to Fallout 4 (like Far Cry New Dawn).

I got all my copies for $15/ea and played around 300 hours. It's fine for what it is, the biggest issue are all the bugs, and it just makes me want to go back to Fallout 4 tbh.

This game would've been killer as F2P w/ cash shop. Even the new monthly sub makes sense as F2P. But full price + all of that is silly. As it stands now, it's an online game but if you wanna play with friends they all have to buy a copy. Nobody wants to do that lol. At least if it were free you could get your friends in easily.

Or at the very least they should have launched it as a half price standalone-expansion style game to Fallout 4 (like Far Cry New Dawn).

I got all my copies for $15/ea and played around 300 hours. It's fine for what it is, the biggest issue are all the bugs, and it just makes me want to go back to Fallout 4 tbh.
You would think that but instead they do the opposite and go full retard with fallout 1st. While the extra features are broken also. If they did go f2p they would probably completely break the game with a lot of p2w mechanics.

I finally uninstalled this the other day. I thought I might eventually go back to to it once the new content came out...but it never did and I never did.
I still don't think it was that bad of a title. It was just released unfinished and Bethesda had no idea what to do with it.

Apparently there's a new hack to steal gear/items right from other players' inventory.
The subreddit is going crazy. The issue is covering the ENTIRE frontpage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/

Bethesda says they've patched it. With their track record I'm skeptical (wondering if there is an easy work-around for the hackers or if the patch broke something else).
Also, with their terrible track record of actually helping players that suffer from bugs and hacks I wonder if a rollback for those affected would ever happen.

Back