Fallout 76

summer_roadmap.jpg

Is FO76 playable purely single player? I know that it's capable of it, is it worth it? I played FO3/NV/4 to full completion. 76 strikes me as multiplayer first with all the hassles that MP creates (annoying players, quests built for MP and so on). I explore everything and try to find everything, the shared loot zones and having to deal with other players is a real pause for me. I watched reviews from single players and their impressions are all over the place. The lack of NPC's is a real killer but I know they said they will be added at some point.

Is FO76 playable purely single player? I know that it's capable of it, is it worth it? I played FO3/NV/4 to full completion. 76 strikes me as multiplayer first with all the hassles that MP creates (annoying players, quests built for MP and so on). I explore everything and try to find everything, the shared loot zones and having to deal with other players is a real pause for me. I watched reviews from single players and their impressions are all over the place. The lack of NPC's is a real killer but I know they said they will be added at some point.
You can do everything alone, except for the final boss. However, it's a public activity so people just show up and help kill her, so you don't have to find people or form a group. Launching a nuke is supposed to require a group but it's very easy to solo with good gear + max level.

As for the rest, the game is basically just the exploring, crafting, and building aspect of FO4. Imagine if they took FO4 and turned it into an MMO-Lite.

During regular gameplay I usually see another person once every 5 hours or so, each server is capped around 30 people and everyone is pretty spread out. So you rarely have any interaction unless you intentionally visit their CAMP to look around or buy stuff.

It's probably a good idea to wait until the new DLC comes out in a few weeks before you start playing.

Last edited:
Made me seriously LoL! Those poor players didn't have a chance. :ROFLMAO:

Polygon - Fallout 76 player builds hilarious death trap that sends bodies flying

Picture this: You’re minding your own business, out in the wasteland of Fallout 76, when you come across a camp with a store. Hey, you might think, maybe this is a good time to restock my inventory.

Oh, you sweet summer child. You know not what horrors await you.

A large part of the fun in Fallout 76 comes from encountering other players, but their presence in your game doesn’t always bring good tidings. Xntryk 1, for example, is a fiend who has set up an elaborate trap in his camp. He tricks people into standing in front of his store, only to push a button that releases the trap door. His prey then falls into pit full of flamethrowers and spikes. Most players are killed instantly.

Major bug in Fallout 76 foiled a Vault 94 RAID attempt. Seems this particular bug has been around for awhile. Getting stuck in power armor when attempting to exit for whatever reason is something that needs to be fixed ASAP. Ticking a lot of people off.

Kotaku - Fallout 76 Group's Raid Attempt Foiled by Notorious Power Armor Glitch

In Fallout 76, power armor can keep you safe, or it can become a horrible tomb entrapping unsuspecting players until the end of time (or until they reset their game). That’s what happened to one group of players attempting Fallout 76’s brand new raid.

Added today as part of patch 12, Vault 94 is the game’s first raid, inviting up to four players to wander inside and discover what befell the vault’s past inhabitants. Like raids in other games, Vault 94 ebbs and flows between intense combat, small puzzles, and the occasional platforming section, requiring good teamwork and communication between high level players in order to successfully complete it.

Twitch streamer Kevduit’s team was livestreaming the raid earlier today. Unfortunately, no amount of good comms work was going to prevent one of their players, AvxAustral, from getting trapped inside her power armor midway through the group’s attempt to beat the raid on the hardest difficulty. The glitch makes it impossible for a player wearing power armor to move or do anything else, rendering the person useless until they load back into the game. “Are you fucking kiding me?!” AvxAustral said when it happened. “Are you fucking kidding me?”

Twitch Stream

I mean, it's a plastic helmet. Only an idiot would wear that thing more than once.

I never understood the desire to buy these over priced Chinese made junk and collectors editions.

It's all crap that most people won't care about years down the road, and most of it won't even last.

I mean, everything is worth something 100 years later on, but you'll be long dead by then so who cares. Unless it's quality jewelry, etc really no one will care.

I couldn't take the Fallout itch anymore and picked this up for $30 last weekend. There is some great Fallout gameplay here but it still feels like an early access game with all of the bugs. I've been playing solo and doing my own thing and I am having a good time for now. I'll get my monies worth but I don't know if this game will keep me playing as long as all of the other games did. I'm probably around the 15 hour mark now and I just hit level 20 last night.

I cant imagine how bad this must have been at launch if the game still feels this rough. No regrets canceling my collectors edition.

I couldn't take the Fallout itch anymore and picked this up for $30 last weekend. There is some great Fallout gameplay here but it still feels like an early access game with all of the bugs. I've been playing solo and doing my own thing and I am having a good time for now. I'll get my monies worth but I don't know if this game will keep me playing as long as all of the other games did. I'm probably around the 15 hour mark now and I just hit level 20 last night.

I cant imagine how bad this must have been at launch if the game still feels this rough. No regrets canceling my collectors edition.
lol I've actually been playing Fallout Shelter for both my fallout and strategy itch. Reminds me of the old SimTower game.
Got really tired of FO76/FO4 for now.

lol I've actually been playing Fallout Shelter for both my fallout and strategy itch. Reminds me of the old SimTower game.
Got really tired of FO76/FO4 for now.
Oh boy. Fallout Shelter. I played that game a ton when it first came out. I had a successful 200 dweller vault and got bored so I stopped playing for a bit. Sometime later I wanted to pick it up again so I started a survival vault. It took a few attempts but I eventually made a successful one of those as well. Same story, got bored, stopped playing.

Maybe 6 months ago I got the itch again. Instead of just playing survival I wanted to start with +7E gear, rush to unlock the endurance training, then back down and pretty much start a small vault where I could level them to max health as they were born. The problem is that means I needed to get the +7E gear from one of the first lunch boxes. So I came up with a plan to start new games, open the first lunch box (or maybe if you are lucky you can get a second one for rushing a room) and restart. You can open 1 or 2 lunch boxes every few minutes doing this.

I did this on and off for months. I probably spent 15-20 hours doing this when I was bored. I got every single +7 outfit (most multiple times) except endurance. Either the loot tables in the early game are different and you cant get it, or I have the worst luck in the world. I've given up on it for now...

My wife played FO76 pretty religiously for 6 months but then bailed and actually went back to the older games. When you do that, it's tough not to notice how little content is in 76.
It's a great big 'ol empty world after you do the (short and uneven) story mission.

Perk loadouts are sorely needed. There's no penalty for swapping perks to hack or open locks...they just make it tedious.
Being able to have hotkeys for different combat builds, inventory-focused builds, hacking/picking builds etc. would be nice.

If you're on PC, the perk loadout mod is pretty much necessary. You have to open the pipboy every time though. I ended up using some autohotkey scripts to automate it with 1 button press. At this point I have around 5 or 6 loadouts for everything.

Optional premium monthly subscription coming. Honestly, it sounds nice to me but I like the unlimited mats and solo server.

Wait...so they want you to pay roughly $10/mo to have the privilege of playing the game by yourself?

What makes it even funnier is that this news drops like, the day before Outer Worlds comes out, to critical acclaim.

LOL thats a damn good point. But, I mean trying to stop people from playing Outer Worlds by having people pay for monthly subscription is not the best way to steal some of its thunder. If anything I think it will make people want to play Outer Worlds even more!

The game still has (or maybe had) a lots of potential. The early portions of 76 are no worse than the previous games. The problem is that the game actually gets worse the further you get. Later areas and missions are half baked at best.
They sold a game that was roughly half-finished with the promise of fixing it with time. They trickled a few things out, but nothing major. Now they're trying to get people to pay a subscription fee for content that should have been there all along? Plus, it's still not even anything big.
Way to alienate your few remaining players. It isn't an Anthem-level dumpster fire, but it's a pretty big black eye.

The game still has (or maybe had) a lots of potential. The early portions of 76 are no worse than the previous games. The problem is that the game actually gets worse the further you get. Later areas and missions are half baked at best.
They sold a game that was roughly half-finished with the promise of fixing it with time. They trickled a few things out, but nothing major. Now they're trying to get people to pay a subscription fee for content that should have been there all along? Plus, it's still not even anything big.
Way to alienate your few remaining players. It isn't an Anthem-level dumpster fire, but it's a pretty big black eye.
I think this puts it over dumpster fire that is Anthem.

I think this puts it over dumpster fire that is Anthem.

I (sadly) own them both and I feel I got my money's worth from FO76 waaaay more than with Anthem. I'd say it launched as a more complete game and still is. The subscription fee is just weird because I don't really know who they think will pay it. It offers basically nothing for the majority of users. Certainly nothing worth paying for. A quick travel point, better crafting storage, and atom points? You can pop into other people's game easy enough that a private server is a niche need.

Game still looks like a POS. Dated game engine, empty world, no missions, etc. Basically a game with no soul. It was and still is a money grab.

maybe they actually want to kill it without just killing it.

Keeps getting worse.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...its-scrap-box-is-deleting-scrap/#499b68dc7386

List of issues from the article that have also been reported on the fallout 76 subreddit:

1. The private worlds are not private or new. Users have reported loading these new worlds to find half of the stuff has been looted already and NPC's are dead suggesting these are re-used worlds

2. You cannot lock your private world so if somebody sees you are online and active they can just join your instance

3. Multiple players are reporting that they have deposited hundreds of units of scrap in these new boxes, only to find that the box has eaten it. The scrap disappears from the instance, and can’t be found again from re-logging or anything. It’s just gone

4. The rates for scrap collection have been nerfed too

Told me everything I need to know in the title of the video...why bother watching? If you want clicks, leave some mystery in your title. I've got better ways to spend 10 minutes.

The guy's username is "Angry Joe" all of his videos are "Angry X" because its a brand thing. It doesn't always mean everything is him being mad. Though, in this case I'd imagine the whole video is him ranting about this absolute bullshit.

Back