Fallout 4

Just make a copy of the exe file and change the name. Run the game off that instead of the up to date one. That's typically the only file changed by the updates, so should be good to go.

Or if you're not playing any other games, just put Steam into offline mode.

Well Nuka Cola is off limits until you hit 30 so I'm doing Far Harbor first which was a very long walk hit level 21 when I arrived I did fine without help until I needed a key for the safe...playing with a controller again just find the keyboard awkward with this game I mean you hit the M key for Map you hit it again and well you have to hit Tab to exit the pip boy it's just awkward.

Attachments

• 20180614070916_1.jpg
    20180614070916_1.jpg
    687.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20180614073428_1.jpg
    20180614073428_1.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 0
Anybody try the "War Never Changes" (or similar) overhaul mod? I've got a bit of an itch to get back into Fallout 4, but I feel like I would get burned out quickly with the vanilla "gameplay system".

Haven't tried that particular mod. I generally avoid major overhaul mods unless it is for building, weapons, characters or damage system.

Anybody try the "War Never Changes" (or similar) overhaul mod? I've got a bit of an itch to get back into Fallout 4, but I feel like I would get burned out quickly with the vanilla "gameplay system".

Reinstalling F4 from a backup drive now, then the HiRes Textures, then this mod.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Yes, there are bugs but there are fixes for some.

Impressive overall effort but definitely some bugs.

First bug that I've noticed was being unable to get to a location. The fix (though not a preferred fix is a fix nonetheless) is as follows:

1. Open Fallout.ini

2. Under [General] section, add bBorderRegionsEnabled=0

3. Save

For any other fixes, check the bug section. The authors are active along with the community which also helps with solutions.

So far I have roughly 2.5 hours into the mod. While I haven't found anything necessarily game breaking, patience is a necessity because sometimes solutions can be right under your nose as it was for me twice.

I do recommend bringing a good, upgraded shotgun. A few of the ghoul mobs can be a bit overwhelming on higher difficulties but are dispatched fairly quickly with a good shotgun. I happened to find a legendary explosive combat shotgun in the Commonwealth a few days ago so that is making the treks a bit easier.

like this
it's populated. lots of places to explore and stuff to kill. BOS vertis that you can shoot down. decent soundtrack. More than a few placeholders and no quests to speak of so far. named characters that don't speak.

Found another bug with Northern Springs mod.

Keep close to the BoS dude in the first town while following him. If you stray off he will stop and put away his weapon. Once that happens, you can re-speak to him and he'll accept but stays put and doesn't continue on the path. Had to reload from a previous save before continuing on.

So far, the quests have been OK. Completed a few without too much difficulty (on Very Hard setting). The map isn't stock Survival mode friendly. Beds are few and far between. Food isn't quite as challenging but it is always a good idea to pack more than needed as well as stimpacks and radaway.

On the building side of things, there is one lake settlement in Northern Springs mod which I went whole hog into. Still needs a bit of work but is progressing along nicely.

AceGoober_FO4_NS_001.jpg

AceGoober_FO4_NS_002.jpg

Also, something happened to my game (unsure what ATM) which removed water from several spots in the Commonwealth. Looks kinda cool.

No lakey, no fishey lol

AceGoober_FO4_No_Water_001.jpg

View from Nakano Residence:

AceGoober_FO4_No_Water_002.jpg

Far Harbor boat high and dry:

AceGoober_FO4_No_Water_003.jpg

Yes, fun to explore but not completed. VATS doesn't work on wolves for some reason. BOS hostile to me since I blew up the Pridwyn. The preacher's .308 scatter gun rocks.

I like what I see but don't want to dump a lot of time into this right now in its present state.

I've got about 7 hours into NS and while it has it's share of bugs, it's pretty good for a player made mod.

Gripes:
I get a lot of texture blinking, especially in areas where there are super mutants.
Can't pick up the preacher's shotgun, crashed the game twice so I didn't bother again.
Sometimes you can't loot the ghouls, especially after killing over 8 or more.
V.A.T.S doesn't work on wolves, but seems too OP versus the main game, 1out of 50 shots may miss. My luck is 5, level 117.
The Peacemaker is great but doesn't feel as powerful as it says. (270 for me.)
Found 3 sneak bobble heads in the University.
The soundtrack gets annoying after awhile.
I understand this is a beta, but stop teasing me by letting me open a door, only to dash my dreams about 10 times to tell me this area contains undeveloped content.

Other than that, I like it. And if you want to farm XP, go in-between the power station and the mine, death claws galore, I mean non-stop!

Load order issue. Move the mod to the top or very bottom - before scrap mods.

Can't pick up the preacher's shotgun, crashed the game twice so I didn't bother again.

Same problem here. Haven't found a workaround as of yet. Try exiting building then go back in.

Sometimes you can't loot the ghouls, especially after killing over 8 or more.

Peacemaker wasn't all that powerful for me on higher difficulty enemies but does wreck ghouls fairly easily.

The Peacemaker is great but doesn't feel as powerful as it says. (270 for me.)

Ain't that the truth. I ran out of .50, 45-70, 5.56 and 10mm shooting at them. Had to wait until I had an opening to beat feet back to the lake and collect from the ammo manufactories at my settlement.

Other than that, I like it. And if you want to farm XP, go in-between the power station and the mine, death claws galore, I mean non-stop!

Ain't that the truth. I ran out of .50, 45-70, 5.56 and 10mm shooting at them. Had to wait until I had an opening to beat feet back to the lake and collect from the ammo manufactories at my settlement.

Lol! I had to end up using my Gauss rifle, Railway Rifle and Thirst Zapper /w weaponized Nuka Cola since everything else was dry on my way back to the falls to get more ammo. At least most of mine were low level like 73. Good times!

Questions for others playing this mod: Where is the vault tec rep located? Is there an entrance to 'vault z' or is it just the bridge? Does returning to Victor trigger another quest? (his scripting was disrupted by a wolf attack and he just responds to me with 'no hablas engles'.) Any new triggers after 'the 3 storms appear'?

Questions for others playing this mod: Where is the vault tec rep located? Is there an entrance to 'vault z' or is it just the bridge? Does returning to Victor trigger another quest? (his scripting was disrupted by a wolf attack and he just responds to me with 'no hablas engles'.) Any new triggers after 'the 3 storms appear'?

I have found no entry point for Vault Z as of yet. I have found Vault 132 though, which is guarded by 4, level 400 MK-VII laser turrets, took me a few to kill them all and only got 13XP per turret, only to find the entrance inaccessible, so don't waste your time killing the turrets like I did. Found The Abominable Snowman and a Mega Rad Scorpion which was a level 250, took it out with the sweet Shaw's Railway Rifle which has damage of 360 and insane fire rate that I found in a Raider bunker.

Haven't found him but if I were to guess he is in the major walled settlement.

Questions for others playing this mod: Where is the vault tec rep located?

Unknown regarding the entrance to Vault Z. Looking at the local map doesn't reveal an entrance at the marker or surrounding area. Seems to me it is still in-progress.

Is there an entrance to 'vault z' or is it just the bridge?

I have found no entry point for Vault Z as of yet.

Victor hasn't given me a new quest, so no, unless it is a bug.

Does returning to Victor trigger another quest? (his scripting was disrupted by a wolf attack and he just responds to me with 'no hablas engles'.)

I haven't found the other two storms characters so I don't know the answer to that question. Hopefully tonight I'll stumble upon them.

Any new triggers after 'the 3 storms appear'?

Vault 32 can be accessed by locating a NPC a short distance away and accepting his quest as long as you've found a certain weapon.

I have found Vault 132 though, which is guarded by 4, level 400 MK-VII laser turrets, took me a few to kill them all and only got 13XP per turret, only to find the entrance inaccessible, so don't waste your time killing the turrets like I did.

Level 122 here and used the Cryolator to drop both of them. Haven't found Shaw's Railway Rifle as of yet but since I'm a big fan of the Railway Rifle imma gunna go on the hunt for it. :D

Found The Abominable Snowman and a Mega Rad Scorpion which was a level 250, took it out with the sweet Shaw's Railway Rifle which has damage of 360 and insane fire rate that I found in a Raider bunker.

Let me clarify:

1. When you first load a save with the mod installed the very first quest takes you to the shack where you meet the first NPC of the mod.

2. That NPC leads you on a quest to rescue his partner who was kidnapped.

3. When you rescue the NPC's partner, she will direct you to a storage room adjacent to the cell she is being held in.

4. The storage room has a container that holds the weapon.

It seems my install was bugged like some others was. So I did the no borders thing in the ini and Cerinas cabin popped up but no Cerina. So I have no clue where her partner is being held at. I'm assuming it's not far from her cabin right?

Interesting. I have the mod as the last .esm in my load order and that is the first quest I was offered besides the initial quest to find the shack at the North West edge of the world.

Do any of you have a mod which edits that particular location?

I just rescued cerina from the raiders and I'm now waiting on her to get back to the cabin.. I have no mods that would do that.. Most of my mods have to do with crafting. Now I have both pieces of the proto g rifle.. I should be able to get in the vault now correct?

Only after:

You find a certain person who'll take you there and allow you to go inside without being fired upon.

I just rescued cerina from the raiders and I'm now waiting on her to get back to the cabin.. I have no mods that would do that.. Most of my mods have to do with crafting. Now I have both pieces of the proto g rifle.. I should be able to get in the vault now correct?

Only after:

You find a certain person who'll take you there and allow you to go inside without being fired upon.

It appears that certain person attacked me early in the game so I had to put him down, not knowing that he would be crucial in a quest later. I revisited his cabin, but no corpse to resurrect. So it seems I'm SOL getting into Vault 132.

I tried resetting the quest using sqt in conjunction with sqo but when Cerina got back to the cabin, she wouldn't speak to me. I think it has something to do with me destroying those turrets before doing the Beef quest, oh well. That Proto G rifle is the bee's knee's though.

That's a bummer. If you think the rifle is the 'bees knees' you should use it after they fix it. ;)

I'd suggest loading a save prior to pursuing the first quest of the mod.

I tried resetting the quest using sqt in conjunction with sqo but when Cerina got back to the cabin, she wouldn't speak to me. I think it has something to do with me destroying those turrets before doing the Beef quest, oh well. That Proto G rifle is the bee's knee's though.

like this
That's a bummer. If you think the rifle is the 'bees knees' you should use it after they fix it. ;)

I'd suggest loading a save prior to pursuing the first quest of the mod.

I was thinking of doing that after I finish up South of the Sea, maybe by then it will get some bug fixes, It's a great mod and deserves respect.

like this
Back