Fallout 4

My god....he's a madman. A genius madman. December 29th is going to be a glorious day.

Holy shit this looks awesome. I'll definitely be giving it a try.

Survival definitely pulled me in. I think I'm somewhere between 25-30 as far as my level goes. I've just unlocked the Vertibird grenades so traveling has become a bit easier now. I'm completely undecided on where I want to set up my main base. I'm using Hangman's Alley for now since it is the most central but I don't know if I'll keep it there. On my main play through I have The Castle set up and I like it over there for how much space it has. Now that I have the Vertibird to get around I'm debating moving over there again. I may just wait until that mod is out so I can make a decision.

Don't know why it says Dec.29th, the mod has been available on nexus for some time now.
I was actually looking into it last night. This is just a new expansion coming out for it. I'm going to start fooling around with it when I get home from work today.

So its a fan made mod? Wasnt sure if it was fan made or something official.

I was actually looking into it last night. This is just a new expansion coming out for it. I'm going to start fooling around with it when I get home from work today.

That makes sense, though from that video it doesn't seem any different from whats already available, maybe a bunch more variety and plot upgrades were added. I might give it a try as it would cut down on a lot of time building a settlement, but I don't know if my ocd can handle it.

Just installed this on my current play through. Already had an established settlement in sanctuary that I'm going to test this with. So far it's been a bit clunky but that's because I already had a lot of things built. Looks promising, we'll see.

Hadn't played the game in some time.. well, actually, after the Nukaworld DLC.. this may push me back in. Head'n to the beach!

falloutmiami.blogspot.com

I still have issues with it in fallout 20-200 years pass while people are in vaults so that is 20-200 years of atomic hurricanes that would have hit florida and the caribbean on top of a altered sea level...

I still have issues with it in fallout 20-200 years pass while people are in vaults so that is 20-200 years of atomic hurricanes that would have hit florida and the caribbean on top of a altered sea level...
The hurricanes would most likely wash the land very well as the sea radiation level would fall faster then the land as it has mmuc more area to disperse.

lol, there's a lot of problems with Bethesda's version of Fallout.

The hurricanes would most likely wash the land very well as the sea radiation level would fall faster then the land as it has mmuc more area to disperse.
I was referring to how the landscape would be extra devastated and water where there normally isn't...

After many hours of playing with mods, my time playing FO4 is over.

Every time there's a patch, it breaks so much crap, and then I have to wait sometimes weeks for mods to update, and even after they update, my save is corrupted or has errors in it, and it makes it nearly unplayable.

So, I uninstalled. So much sadness. I'll miss my missile launcher, mounted over my door, named Missile TOW. D:

Bethesda ruined it with their dumb updates for their stupid after the fact mod setup.
After many hours of playing with mods, my time playing FO4 is over.

Every time there's a patch, it breaks so much crap, and then I have to wait sometimes weeks for mods to update, and even after they update, my save is corrupted or has errors in it, and it makes it nearly unplayable.

So, I uninstalled. So much sadness. I'll miss my missile launcher, mounted over my door, named Missile TOW. D:

I'm honestly cynical enough to think this was done intentionally by Bethesda. So stupid and needless.

I still say they bailed on this game too soon and easily could have gotten at least one more Far Harbor caliber DLC out of it.

Bethesda ruined it with their dumb updates for their stupid after the fact mod setup.

I'm honestly cynical enough to think this was done intentionally by Bethesda. So stupid and needless.

I still say they bailed on this game too soon and easily could have gotten at least one more Far Harbor caliber DLC out of it.

Their attempt at trying to monetize modding seems to have killed the dlc. Why bother making an effort when you can make money from other peoples work.

The problem with Bethesda updating Fallout 4 is with their pushing/marketing of their online store to purchase mods. Great that the mod authors are getting visibility but not so great that basically the update is a marketing ploy. There is a better way of advertising mods/modders than breaking the game.

With that said, despite the unwarranted 'updates' (I hate using that word to describe what Bethesda is doing), I still play FO4 and will continue to recommend mods for people. As such, here is my mod recommendation:

CROSS_Cryolance by Niero

If there was any weapon mod available that I would give my highest recommendation it would be this one. There are a couple of bugs but those are with the default animations present in the stock game for the gatling laser. The mod is fully functional and appears to work very well. There are optional 2k/4k textures which are hosted on a different site but it is all free just as the base mod is.

Check it out, you may be impressed. I know I am. :)

I'm done with Fallout 4 until Bethesda ends this stupid policy of "updating" the game and breaking mods constantly.

Mission accomplished Bethesda? I have to wonder.

By what you just said: That means we're all done with it because they won't.

As it stands: I took a long look around the Nexus and it really seems like the mod scene has largely dried up.

A true shame.

Bethesda rests on their laurels, recycle Skyrim a bunch of times, do stuff like this...and they still enjoy an amazing amount of forgiveness and latitude compared to other studios and devs I could name. Two games per decade from them if you're lucky.

They put out that single player PR video last year but the real drive for them is the MMO like ES:O. That's where the effort has gone.

They abandoned Fallout 4 way too early IMO and then pulling a stunt like this was the slap in the face to boot.

Last edited:
I guess i'm missing something - Hasn't Bethesda abandoned this game at this point? There hasn't been an update in a long time now, and I recently started playing again and had zero issues with my saves and mod loads.

This is one of those things where a company can't win, if they drop support too soon it's bad, if they support for a long time they keep breaking things and it's also bad.

Wanna guess how many mods blizz wil break when bfa launches?

Reactions: atom
like this
I guess i'm missing something - Hasn't Bethesda abandoned this game at this point? There hasn't been an update in a long time now, and I recently started playing again and had zero issues with my saves and mod loads.

https://creationclub.bethesda.net/en

This is all it's been. Every time they update this it rocks the applecart. It's more trouble than it's worth.

This is one of those things where a company can't win, if they drop support too soon it's bad, if they support for a long time they keep breaking things and it's also bad.

Wanna guess how many mods blizz wil break when bfa launches?

This isn't real support IMO. It's old arguments and such now about what Bethesda did here.

Same here. I had like 10 mofs going. No priblems after not touching the game for over a year.

And, again, Bethesda has updated Fallout 4 and again there are no release notes to be found.

New Fallout 4 executable version is 1.10.89.0. Now to play the waiting game for script extender to be updated then wait for the other F4SE mods to update.

And, again, Bethesda has updated Fallout 4 and again there are no release notes to be found.

New Fallout 4 executable version is 1.10.89.0. Now to play the waiting game for script extender to be updated then wait for the other F4SE mods to update.
You could just stop playing that shitty game.

Opinion noted. I don't view FO4 as being a 'shitty game'. What I do despise is Bethesda forcing a update that does little to nothing to improve the experience (i.e. bug fixes, additional features, etc) but instead promotes their money maker, Creation Club.

You could just stop playing that shitty game.

Last edited:
I've had Fallout 4 for about a year now but still haven't started it. It looks complicated, which is fine, but I'll wait for a rainy weekend, I guess.

And with my sig system I'll probably need to do some research/trial and error to see what options work best.

Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE) updated to support latest game version 1.10.89.0. Get it here:

F4SE

Mods which rely upon F4SE (non-inclusive):

Awaiting update: Extended Dialogue Interface (XDI)

Awaiting update: Mod Configuration Menu (MCM)

Updated: Place Everywhere

Version Independent: Better Console
==> Mod author (kassent) made the F4SE plugin 'version independent' meaning it doesn't need to be updated every time Fallout 4 is patched. Only time Better Console would need updating is to add new features.

Updated: CCCleaner

Awaiting update: Rename Anything

Last edited:
Good my save is still intact I cheated in the game during the Robot onslaught because I was a low level and I just didn't have the best armor and goods to beat all of them guys they sent at me I got sick of dying after the 20+ try so I put on God mode I did that like two years ago I won't cheat with Fallout Nuka Cola DLC.

A ton of fallout replicas on pre order with think geek.
https://www.thinkgeek.com/collectibles/pre-orders/

The impressive ones are all 1 to 1 scale.

Plasma Rifle
https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ktgr/

Plasma Pistol
https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ktgq/

Power fist
https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ktgi/

SuperSledge
https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ktgs/

Though the 'build your own pipboy' is interesting.. 150 parts to mix and match.. I: think.
https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ksig/

Noooooope .. never mind... 'not electronic'.

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this

Why do you keep letting it update? Just disable updates and go about your merry way.

Why do you keep letting it update? Just disable updates and go about your merry way.

Correct me if I'm wrong but on Steam you don't have that option. The moment you fire that game up...even if you disabled those updates...it will update first and then start the game.

"Only update game when I launch it" is the "strictest" setting that I see.

I suppose the only other way is to go offline entirely assuming I'm correct about no real options.

Back