Fallout 4

NukeULater depends upon where on the map the slowdowns are occurring, what your quality srttings are and if you are using any mods such as textures.

Where are you experiencing slowdowns?
Everything is set at the highest quality settings, 2560x1600 resolution, no mods. I cant diagnose it because the slowdowns don't happen in a particular area. Sometimes it's in the downtown, sometimes out in the wilderness, and always at random. The newest catalyst drivers helped a bit but it's still all over the place.

Everything is set at the highest quality settings, 2560x1600 resolution, no mods. I cant diagnose it because the slowdowns don't happen in a particular area. Sometimes it's in the downtown, sometimes out in the wilderness, and always at random. The newest catalyst drivers helped a bit but it's still all over the place.

Its the Shitty engine they used. Also, the the textures haven't been compressed properly.

If you're using the hardware in your sig to run this then it's simply not up to the task, not even close. It's really that simple. Doesn't matter if it's poorly optimized or not (though I'm not necessarily agreeing with this statement), it is what it is.

Recently purchased it and have been playing for a couple weeks. Has to be one of the buggiest games I've ever seen, and most of them are just retarded and an annoyance. Can't imagine the state this was in at release.

Gun play is much better than FO3 at least.

Can't help but imagine what this game could be like if they used the engine from the Metro games. Holy fuck would that be sweet. Please ditch this abomination of an engine ffs.

Error Level 404 - Goober not found. :LOL:

AceGoober_FO4_0252.jpg

Still having a blast with FO4. Always finding new ways to play and blow-up the enemy. :)

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Level 404? And with 119 points not allocated, no less. There's something wrong with you, man. ;)

'Clean slate' as in no mods or just starting a new character?

I just started a Survival Mode playthrough today with a new character. Taking it nice and slow and making every bullet or melee swing count. I'm going to let the companions take the brunt of the enemy abuse so that I'm not dying as often (I hope).

I've been away from it a couple of months.

I'm building up the nerve to do a replay with a clean slate. Any tips?

like this
I started a new play through a couple of weeks ago. I had completed my last play through before the DLCs came out.

Going with a slightly less mod heavy build this time. I think I "only" gave about 40 installed.

'Clean slate' as in no mods or just starting a new character?

I just started a Survival Mode playthrough today with a new character. Taking it nice and slow and making every bullet or melee swing count. I'm going to let the companions take the brunt of the enemy abuse so that I'm not dying as often (I hope).

Maybe a new character but regardless:

I want to spring clean out some of the mods and especially that whole building/Settlement Keywords issue we had gotten into a few months ago. Remember all that? I want to take the fat out and clean things up nicely.

Is there an editor? I put a skill point in error and hit confirm. It was awhile ago, so I'd rather not revert to a saved game.

Q-BZ Save files do contain info of every mod you have used with that particular save. Fortunately, you don't have to uninstall every mod when starting a new character. NMM allows for creation of a new profile which you can then un-check the mods you don't want to have active for your new character. The only downfall is if you want to run mods that rely on SK/SKE/SKI then the best thing to do prior to creating a new character is to uninstall and delete every mod then only install the non-SK/SKE/SKI mods you want.

Liver There are save game editors available yet I don't recommend them. Removing a dependency of a plugin/mod from a save doesn't remove the associated scripts from the save. Once a scripted action has been started there is a good chance the dependency of the script would cause the game to crash.

like this
Silver Shroud arc might be the best thing in this game. Very clever and well done all the way around. Probably some of Bethesda's best work in...gosh... I couldn't tell you how long.

Impressive Silver Shroud rendition I've ever watched. Awesome if you ask me.

like this
Bethesda totally pulled out on this game way too prematurely.
QFT

It does seem way to early. I hope they have let another studio take a shot like they did with New Vegas and are just keeping it secret.

like this
I think they did alright with DLC content and what not.. now the modding groups are going nuts like Skyrim - more power to them. Rather them get it up and out, then step out of the way for the modders after the year or so out from launch.

Going to load this up again. Never touched mods for this one, any suggestions? I don't have any of the DLC's.

Not looking to get too crazy with it.

Going to load this up again. Never touched mods for this one, any suggestions? I don't have any of the DLC's.

Not looking to get too crazy with it.

Armorsmith Extended
Homemaker (settlement enhancements)
Enhanced Blood Textures
Crafting Workbenches (mostly for ammo)

https://bethesda.net/en/article/52I...lMedia&utm_campaign=HighRes&utm_medium=Social

Fallout 4 Free Updates – High Resolution Texture Pack & PS4 Pro Support
Next week, we’re rolling out new updates for both Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition across Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. Both games are bringing new features to Mod content (more on that next week), and specifically for PlayStation 4 Pro users, we are thrilled to share details on our official PS4 Pro support.

Fallout 4 Goes Pro for PS4
Beginning next week, Fallout 4’s Update 1.9 on PlayStation 4 adds support for the power of the PlayStation 4 Pro console. The update provides enhanced lighting and graphic features, including:

• Native 1440p resolution
  • Enhanced draw distance for trees, grass, objects and NPCs
  • Enhanced Godray effects

To experience the improvements provided with our PS4 Pro update, load up Fallout 4 and download the latest title update when it becomes available.

Official High Resolution Texture Pack for PC
Also available next week, with so many fans still actively playing Fallout 4 on Steam, we’re excited to announce the release of the game’s High-Resolution Texture Pack. Consider this free download a love letter to our amazing PC fans that have supported us – not just with Fallout 4, but across multiple decades and games.

Note: To utilize the High-Resolution Texture Pack, make sure you have an additional 58 GB of available and that your system meets/exceeds the recommended specs below.

Recommended PC Specs
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7-5820K or better
GTX 1080 8GB
8GB+ Ram

If your system can handle it, the Commonwealth will look better than ever. Give it a shot and if you need to return to the original textures, you can disable them within the game’s launcher menu.

I don't know a lot about how textures work but I suppose these are 100% uncompressed 4K textures.
It would make more sense to use a little compression like every other game does, that way people can actually USE them.

Seeing lots or rumor sites tossing up "news" about a pending Fallout New Vegas 2 reveal. I always felt the original was pretty amazing, but the scope of a town like LV was hampered by the game engine. The engine from Fallout 4 should do fine.

like this
How many people "meet or exceed" those specs... Maybe 0.1% of all PC gamers? Less?
Who is this texture pack aimed at. I guess they expect modders will take it and shrink it down to make it more usable.

How many people "meet or exceed" those specs... Maybe 0.1% of all PC gamers? Less?
Who is this texture pack aimed at. I guess they expect modders will take it and shrink it down to make it more usable.

more importantly how much of a visual difference will there actually be?...will it be another Skyrim special edition upgrade or something really substantial for PC gamers...since the HD textures alone are 58GB, Bethesda is definitely packing some major heat in this

Yes!...an HD texture pack!...I've been hoping for this since the game came out...I actually haven't touched the game yet (don't know why just haven't gotten around to it) but now this might shoot up to the top of my backlog

HD texture pack takes up 58GB of additional space?...wow

Ditto. I put maybe 8 hours into it but just got distracted with other stuff. Been meaning to come back, this ought to motivate me.

According to the latest Steam Hardware Survey:
  • At least 1% of users meet the recommended GPU requirements
  • At least 1.5% of users meet the recommended CPU requirements
It should be noted that steam surveys are opt-in, i.e. not reflective of all steam users, much less all of PC gamers.

FWIW

Ditto. I put maybe 8 hours into it but just got distracted with other stuff. Been meaning to come back, this ought to motivate me.
This texture pack motivates you but not any of the thousands of mods? Some of which are also texture packs which probably look and run better than Bethesda's... :p

According to the latest Steam Hardware Survey:
  • At least 1% of users meet the recommended GPU requirements
  • At least 1.5% of users meet the recommended CPU requirements
It should be noted that steam surveys are opt-in, i.e. not reflective of all steam users, much less all of PC gamers.

FWIW
How many meet both simultaneously, though.
Also keep in mind the reqs specifically say 5820K (although I said "6 core" in my post).

Last edited:
How many meet both simultaneously, though.
Also keep in mind the reqs specifically say 5820K (although I said "6 core" in my post).
It says 5820 or better. Sounds like you better have a 'or better' cpu. I'm not upgrading just for this texture pack. Now if they were adding more game content like new areas and stuff then maybe.

Back