Fallout 4

The battle lasted approximately 20 minutes. Between the dodging, firing upon the enemy and spending time saving Cait it was the toughest battle I'd ever been in even though I have 788 hours into the game. I'll never forget this.

788...is that a typo?! :eek: Game has only been out ~1,968 hours...

Longest and toughest battle of my current character's life happened today. Playing on Very Hard difficulty.

The battle lasted approximately 20 minutes. Between the dodging, firing upon the enemy and spending time saving Cait it was the toughest battle I'd ever been in even though I have 788 hours into the game. I'll never forget this.

Now that's a real epic fight, well done! :cool:

Nice.

Posts like yours lean me well towards going on at least Very Hard when I do my replay.

I know after that it turns into absurd bullet sponge city so there's a healthy balance here somewhere.

:mad: So in the patch, they remapped E to ENTER to satisfy the ESDF users but I play WSAD and used E to pick shit up and put it down in workshop mode. Not happy. Why isn't this a mappable action? Anyone know how to change it?

:mad: So in the patch, they remapped E to ENTER to satisfy the ESDF users but I play WSAD and used E to pick shit up and put it down in workshop mode. Not happy. Why isn't this a mappable action? Anyone know how to change it?

What? So what do you pickup with in workshop mode now??? Honestly their key choice were always wacky. E was enter in all the other screens. I have bigger issues with R=take all next to E=take one and T=have NPC equip and holding E too long ejects you from armor :rolleyes:

Now that's a real epic fight, well done! :cool:

If you want a challenge, you can always pop Elder Maxson in the head a couple of times aboard the Prydwen on Survival, and watch the chaos ensue. It took many saves and a lot of stimpaks, but I finally managed to clear the place. After you do, walk out on the flight deck and watch the laser lightshow as those on the ground try and blast you ;)

What? So what do you pickup with in workshop mode now??? Honestly their key choice were always wacky. E was enter in all the other screens. I have bigger issues with R=take all next to E=take one and T=have NPC equip and holding E too long ejects you from armor :rolleyes:

They switched E to ENTER key. The morons did not think this through. Solved one problem which caused another.

Seriously? It wasn't like this in the beta version of the patch IIRC. Well if that's the case you can change it if your keyboard came with profiling software.

CIszd8B.jpg

admit you had to look at it for a moment

I know about it. Game already makes me turn Windows DPI down to 125% or lower otherwise the mouse is fucked up. Might 86 the game soon or blow through the main quests. i get too hung up on side quests and settlements. Before long, it gets boring and is a huge time sink.

I know about it. Game already makes me turn Windows DPI down to 125% or lower otherwise the mouse is fucked up. Might 86 the game soon or blow through the main quests. i get too hung up on side quests and settlements. Before long, it gets boring and is a huge time sink.

Use Fallout4ConfigTool to change the mouse scaling.

And BTW...you do realise that ALL video games are huge time sinks right? I mean that is the entire point of the damn things.

So it's possible to play this game at 200% dpi scaling? When I load it, the cursor is missing and constrained to a small box. I have to lower it to 125% or less.

I noticed E does the same thing as Enter now on certain menus completely by accident. However, everything is still contextual. I paid close attention to the menus down below to see what the action was going to do before I did it. Picking up objects in my settlements and moving them still works as it should...assuming the right contextual menu is appearing. I have to hit Tab or escape constantly to back out of a command if necessary. It's definitely a pain in the ass.

Before long, it gets boring and is a huge time sink.
The game is designed to be as much of a time sink as you want it to be.

Honestly, that's a good thing. I'm sick and tired of 5 hour single player campaigns. This game and the settlement building lets me live out games within this game. I get to manage settlements almost like a real time strategy game, while at the same time being an FPS and a fairly in depth RPG. I love it.

CIszd8B.jpg

admit you had to look at it for a moment

LMAO. I definitely did a double take. I started looking at how they boarded up their windows and doors and those look exactly like the buildings in FO4. I can totally picture a raider standing in that wood shack and barrier thing at left center.

Last edited:
Any word yet on DLC? I've gone through all the different faction endings, gone to every locations, and done whatever missions that aren't the stupid ones that never end. I want more stuff.

Definitely not a typo. I currently have 848 hours invested as of today. :D

AceGoober_FO4_0038.jpg

788...is that a typo?! :eek: Game has only been out ~1,968 hours...

Decided to give The Slog a bit of Settlement building loving yesterday. Top floor has Red Windows, next down has Clear (White) windows and the next floor down has Blue windows. :cool:

AceGoober_FO4_0039.jpg

Decided to give The Slog a bit of Settlement building loving yesterday. Top floor has Red Windows, next down has Clear (White) windows and the next floor down has Blue windows. :cool:

AceGoober_FO4_0039.jpg
How do you get the ability to build those types of walls and glass? I've seen a lot of very modern looking settlements being built like this but can't figure out how its done. I know the Picket Fences magazines you pick up add some things, but I have yet to see these.

Also, where did the pool come from? Did you build it or was it there already?

Last edited:
How do you get the ability to build those types of walls and glass? I've seen a lot of very modern looking settlements being built like this but can't figure out how its done. I know the Picket Fences magazines you pick up add some things, but I have yet to see these.

Mods.

Ok. Which mods?

Sorry if these have been answered somewhere in the last 4700 posts, but that's a lot of info to dig through and even searching the word "mods" brings up a ridiculous amount of posts. I also only started the game last month, 2 months behind everyone else.

Definitely not a typo. I currently have 848 hours invested as of today. :D

There's only been 2040hrs since release. That means you're on the game 42% of every day. Or roughly 60% of the day, everyday, if we assume you average 7hrs of sleep. 67% if we subtract an additional 2hrs for essential body functions (bathroom, hydration, showers, food).

Jesus man ...

There's only been 2040hrs since release. That means you're on the game 42% of every day. Or roughly 60% of the day, everyday, if we assume you average 7hrs of sleep. 67% if we subtract an additional 2hrs for essential body functions (bathroom, hydration, showers, food).

Jesus man ...
I'm no doctor, but if that was the case, that seems to be extremely unhealthy. Sloth to the fullest. Lmfao

Ok. Which mods?

Sorry if these have been answered somewhere in the last 4700 posts, but that's a lot of info to dig through and even searching the word "mods" brings up a ridiculous amount of posts. I also only started the game last month, 2 months behind everyone else.

There are a few different mods that add to the base settlement builder. They pretty much just unlock the assets used by devs, and add some new stuff, colored glass etc. There are a couple in the Fallout 4 Nexus top mods list. Sorry I can't remember their names atm and my office blocks the Nexus mod site.

So a couple of mods that provide more building options are...

Homemaker Expanded Settlements

and

Settlement Supplies Extended

Jesus man ...

Or he just leaves his game running when he's away, Steam counts that as well.

Last edited:
I'm no doctor, but if that was the case, that seems to be extremely unhealthy. Sloth to the fullest. Lmfao

In reality my last check-up in December was great. The only two things which were slightly off were Vitamin D and Cholesterol which I'm taking medication for. Physical examination went well since I exercise almost daily.

Ok. Which mods?

Edit: the pool was already there. Location is The Slog which they are growing Tar Berries which can be used in Berry Mentats and making Lock Joint Syringes for the Syringer rifle.

Regarding the additional building materials, these are the mods you are looking for. :D

Settlement Keywords by Stuykgaming - you will need this for most, if not all, of the settlement object mods.

Homemaker by NovaCoru

Snap 'n Build by ad3d0 - contains the red, clear and blue windows you see in my screenshot.

Craftable Castle Wall Patches by DDProductions83 - takes a bit to get the two pieces into place but it is well worth the effort.

DDProd AIO HOLY CRAP IT'S ONE ESP by DDProductions83 - every one of his mods (except castle wall patches) in one .esp which includes spiral stair cases, solar generators and such.

Simple Intersection by Draco856 - allows for moving of objects much more precisely than the stock game allows.

The next mods you must be very, very careful with as they allow removal miscellaneous objects such as various terrain pieces, roads, sidewalks, etc. Be cautious when removing terrain pieces (rock formations, dead grass mounds and such) as they could expose gaps in the terrain which would glitch your game. Always make a save prior to removing any terrain pieces.

Spring Cleaning by Nverjos

Scrap Everything by shadowslasher410

Scrap Scrap by jayrun - scraps a few things the others don't.

Scrap Dead Things by PixelMurder - allows for removal of skeletons and dead bodies within the settlement area. Move dead bodies that are outside of the settlement boundaries into the settlement to scrap them, too.

Let me know if you are looking for a particular mod and I'll see if it exists. My Fallout 4 mod storage folder is close to 70GB. :eek: :D

btw, I am a moderator on NexusMods so behave yourselves! :p

Last edited:
There are a few different mods that add to the base settlement builder. They pretty much just unlock the assets used by devs, and add some new stuff, colored glass etc. There are a couple in the Fallout 4 Nexus top mods list. Sorry I can't remember their names atm and my office blocks the Nexus mod site.

So a couple of mods that provide more building options are...

Homemaker Expanded Settlements

and

Settlement Supplies Extended

In reality my last check-up in December was great. The only two things which were slightly off were Vitamin D and Cholesterol which I'm taking medication for. Physical examination went well since I exercise almost daily.

Edit: the pool was already there. Location is The Slog which they are growing Tar Berries which can be used in Berry Mentats and making Lock Joint Syringes for the Syringer rifle.

Regarding the additional building materials, these are the mods you are looking for. :D

Settlement Keywords by Stuykgaming - you will need this for most, if not all, of the settlement object mods.

Homemaker by NovaCoru

Snap 'n Build by ad3d0 - contains the red, clear and blue windows you see in my screenshot.

Craftable Castle Wall Patches by DDProductions83 - takes a bit to get the two pieces into place but it is well worth the effort.

DDProd AIO HOLY CRAP IT'S ONE ESP by DDProductions83 - every one of his mods (except castle wall patches) in one .esp which includes spiral stair cases, solar generators and such.

Simple Intersection by Draco856 - allows for moving of objects much more precisely than the stock game allows.

The next mods you must be very, very careful with as they allow removal miscellaneous objects such as various terrain pieces, roads, sidewalks, etc. Be cautious when removing terrain pieces (rock formations, dead grass mounds and such) as they could expose gaps in the terrain which would glitch your game. Always make a save prior to removing any terrain pieces.

Spring Cleaning by Nverjos

Scrap Everything by shadowslasher410

Scrap Scrap by jayrun - scraps a few things the others don't.

Scrap Dead Things by PixelMurder - allows for removal of skeletons and dead bodies within the settlement area. Move dead bodies that are outside of the settlement boundaries into the settlement to scrap them, too.

Let me know if you are looking for a particular mod and I'll see if it exists. My Fallout 4 mod storage folder is close to 70GB. :eek: :D

btw, I am a moderator on NexusMods so behave yourselves! :p
Thanks guys, I really appreciate helping me catch up!:cool:

As much as I would have loved to start modding from the get go, I felt that might have ruined the game's experience doing it too early. Now that I'm sufficiently advanced (level 45, 100+ hours, dozen settlements), it allows me to assume its a natural game progression rather than breaking immersion and doing it from the get go.

I also held off on mods till patches had been stable and everything had been well documented. I love spending time in game, but as I get older I find I have less patience for troubleshooting. I've been reading up on the Nexus Mod Manager too, that thing is perfect for someone like me that just wants it simple.

-edit- I noticed you mentioned the Syringer Rifle. I keep that thing in storage just in case. I don't see the point, but then again I haven't really messed with it. Maybe it's my play style. Anyone got any interesting uses out of it? If I shot a guy and he acted like he was on PCP trying to chew off his own foot, that would be funny. But if it's just generic they get high and sit still or just become a crazy ghoul eating or killing their buddies, I probably won't use it.

Last edited:
Syringer Uses. IMO, lame video yet entertaining nonetheless.

-edit- I noticed you mentioned the Syringer Rifle. I keep that thing in storage just in case. I don't see the point, but then again I haven't really messed with it. Maybe it's my play style. Anyone got any interesting uses out of it? If I shot a guy and he acted like he was on PCP trying to chew off his own foot, that would be funny. But if it's just generic they get high and sit still or just become a crazy ghoul eating or killing their buddies, I probably won't use it.

Good for Bethesda. I don't see anything wrong with not keeping what you refunded. Unless......... their customer service was a rage inducing clusterfuck that didn't get to the point... then I would have some sympathy.

Good for Bethesda. I don't see anything wrong with not keeping what you refunded. Unless......... their customer service was a rage inducing clusterfuck that didn't get to the point... then I would have some sympathy.
I agree 100%.
What would stop him from reselling them? Nothing.

I agree 100%.
What would stop him from reselling them? Nothing.

Why not just send a replacement record for the warped one. Though to destroy them I would have probably turned them into bowls. Or tried to make them look scorched by a blast...

Why not just send a replacement record for the warped one. Though to destroy them I would have probably turned them into bowls. Or tried to make them look scorched by a blast...
They probably could have done that, but the customer insisted on a full refund instead.

Last night I finally did the ending where you finish as the minute men, but keep the brotherhood and railroad as allies. I couldn't bring myself to picking sides I guess.

Here is another mod I highly recommend:

Place Everywhere by TheLich which uses Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE).

Download, unzip, then place F4SE files in your \Fallout4 folder then copy the place.dll from Place Everywhere into \Fallout4\Data\F4SE\Plugins folder.

I chose the always on version and have the txt files for snapon/snapoff placed in the \Fallout4\Data folder.

So I have not purchased Fallout 4 yet; waiting for the price to come down a little more. In the meantime I've been playing, are at least trying to, play through Fallout 3 GOTY. I get these random crashes that cause me to have to reboot my computer and restart from my last save. I've installed a mod that was supposed to optimize the game, but it still crashes. Its totally random. Sometimes I can go 3h, sometimes its every 5m. And never at the same place. I just finished up something that had me on an alien spaceship. I'm frustrated as hell from all the random crashes. I can't see myself finishing up this game.

Fallout 4 suffer from the same symptoms? After all the random crashes, I'm hesitant on giving Bethesda any more money. My system isn't all that great (i5, 770, 16gb RAM, etc). I love the story line and gameplay, but I don't want to relive all the frustration Fallout 3 has been giving me.

Also, am I going to be out of whack in the story line if I don't finish Fallout 3?

Fallout 4 suffer from the same symptoms? After all the random crashes, I'm hesitant on giving Bethesda any more money. My system isn't all that great (i5, 770, 16gb RAM, etc). I love the story line and gameplay, but I don't want to relive all the frustration Fallout 3 has been giving me.

Also, am I going to be out of whack in the story line if I don't finish Fallout 3?

I don't know about crashes (never experienced them with FO3/NV either though) but the stories of FO3 and FO4 aren't related. There are a few common elements from FO3 that show up in FO4, but the main story of FO3 has no bearing on FO4.

Back