Fallout 4

I don't know if you have encountered all the factions. If you haven't then you're still in the clear on that.

There comes a point where you get far enough in your relations with the factions and then certain dialog and situations happens where "being everyone's friend" becomes impossible.

Well at this point it seems like I have to choose who to give the chip to, so that's why I was asking if there was no turning back past this.

Radiant AI quests. I was sorry to see that carried over from Skyrim.

Other than that I'm pretty happy with the game. After 110 hours on my first playthrough it's break time. ;)

I cannot stand the radiant AI quests.

I liked the radiant quests at first. They sent me to some places I likely wouldn't have gone.
I just hate how they keep repeating the same quests over and over. I eventually had to ship Preston out of Sanctuary just so he didn't keep giving me the same 2 quests over and over again.
The other ones (like the BOS police station quests) aren't as bad. However, like with the UI issues, they put the most annoying radiant quests front and center.

Well, the word is that there are some modders working on actual quest mods but those will take time to get to us. Yeah, the side quests get rather repetitive but that's one way to level up. Skip those and you will level up slower.

I'm wondering when actual serious patches come out. There seems to be a whole lot of unfinished little things in this game. Individually they are nothing much but put them all together and it makes me go WTF Bethesda?

I'm going cookie cutter stealth mode & VATS for my first go. Should I go with pistols or rifles?

I'm a low level at the moment and haven't even gotten a silencer. Will pistols or rifles be better for this character?

I'm going cookie cutter stealth mode & VATS for my first go. Should I go with pistols or rifles?

I'm a low level at the moment and haven't even gotten a silencer. Will pistols or rifles be better for this character?

Pistols will have more shots with vats. Especially with deliverer for example because you get a lot more shots off. A rifle will do more damage in one shot though so for conservation of ammo rifle would be better but a highly modded one probably only will get 5 vat shots off. Although with grimreaper sprint you can regenerate all the AP. depends on what you prefer. With rifle if you get unlucky you could be out of vat shots and will have to finish off the mobs until you get your AP back or just aim and shoot them dead.

Is there a tool that will tell you what quests you have completed vs not instead of reading through the quest log and writing them down? Fo4edit seems like it would but i can't figure it out.

Pistols will have more shots with vats. Especially with deliverer for example because you get a lot more shots off. A rifle will do more damage in one shot though so for conservation of ammo rifle would be better but a highly modded one probably only will get 5 vat shots off. Although with grimreaper sprint you can regenerate all the AP. depends on what you prefer. With rifle if you get unlucky you could be out of vat shots and will have to finish off the mobs until you get your AP back or just aim and shoot them dead.

Other than for the looks, I personally don't see why you would use VATS at all in this game. I can snipe dudes in the head with a dot sight on the Overseer's Guardian from across the map using, you know, actual aiming. VATS would give me something like a 2% chance to hit.

It's fun to use it up close or if someone is trying to bum rush you, but other than that I really don't see the point.

Other than for the looks, I personally don't see why you would use VATS at all in this game. I can snipe dudes in the head with a dot sight on the Overseer's Guardian from across the map using, you know, actual aiming. VATS would give me something like a 2% chance to hit.

It's fun to use it up close or if someone is trying to bum rush you, but other than that I really don't see the point.

....other than 50% of the game which is clearing indoor areas in close quarters where you can't snipe from forever away...

I don't like the deliverer. sucky sight on it. good vats but I get more damage out of a plasma pistol + it can do zoom/tracking.

I hate the radiant quests. Just the same shit over and over. Was good with new locations but turns to shit after they run out. For finishing the game I have gotten a map and am tagging all the locations. Some are blocked... mission related I guess.

For stealth mode, if you want to vats then go pistols, otherwise rifles. Screw that, go rifles. You are just limited on pistols. Rifles get you range and if you get the suppression multipliers, sandman and other similar stuff you get massive multipliers. I have 2 shot a minelurk queen.

Even indoors with max stealth the enemies are not too hard. Dog gets in the way at times.

I don't like the deliverer. sucky sight on it. good vats but I get more damage out of a plasma pistol + it can do zoom/tracking.

I hate the radiant quests. Just the same shit over and over. Was good with new locations but turns to shit after they run out. For finishing the game I have gotten a map and am tagging all the locations. Some are blocked... mission related I guess.

For stealth mode, if you want to vats then go pistols, otherwise rifles. Screw that, go rifles. You are just limited on pistols. Rifles get you range and if you get the suppression multipliers, sandman and other similar stuff you get massive multipliers. I have 2 shot a minelurk queen.

Even indoors with max stealth the enemies are not too hard. Dog gets in the way at times.

You exhausted all the locations? Not as many as skyrim?

The problem is that they do not send you to new locations. I remember that happening in skyrim, some repeats but not as often and there seemed to be way more locations they would send you to. Whenever Preston sends me on a mission I'd say more than 50% of the time I get the same couple of missions. Kidnapping and kill a ghoul. One ghoul, in a garage that you can walk into and shoot once.

Vanilla stealth is stupid easy...I mean stupidly easy. It is basically an in-built god mode.

Yeah I agree on the deliverer sight there is a mod to give it a glow dot sight the recon scope mod looked like ass though... Glow dot works well though.

I have 1 shot a miralurk queen Reba 2 max rifle crit from stealth.

Only time I use the deliverer is indoors the high cap and rapid shot and vats bonuses makes it a great room clearing gun.

I alternate pretty regularly. If you have a strong weapon, you can VATS kill something faster than you can actually line up a shot. Especially once you have enough points to kill 2-3 enemies at once. I keep the Old Faithful equipped most of the time, which does 2x damage to enemies with 100% health. While great even with a scope, I can clear a room with it faster than I can line up headshots. I use manual aiming mainly when enemies are hiding (or a long way away) and the VATS %'s are low. In those instances, I'll do it by hand.
What's nice about the game is that both are perfectly valid options.

If you go off exploring the game is deceptively huge and dense. Exploration is very rewarding.

Radiant AI quests are useful for short term and then that's it. I've rescued Abernathy at least a half a dozen times now. That's it. I'm done with them.

The Overseer Guardian is arguably the best gun in the game. Certainly one of the best, at least for me.

Vanilla stealth maxed out is indeed a god mode or close to it.

Finally going through the main story missions, and it's getting pretty intense. Factions that I thought I'd align up with best or against aren't nearly as black and white. New Vegas was pretty easy in deciding who to join up with or go against.

All in all, I'm impressed with the main story.

Finally going through the main story missions, and it's getting pretty intense. Factions that I thought I'd align up with best or against aren't nearly as black and white. New Vegas was pretty easy in deciding who to join up with or go against.

I was, too. I feel like Bethesda redeemed themselves on writing and characters coming off of Skyrim to this.

Same here...initial reaction was to 100% go with one faction but now I'm not so sure.

I really wish there was a "Minutemen" faction option where you could just say fuck everyone else, though. :D

Same here...initial reaction was to 100% go with one faction but now I'm not so sure.

I really wish there was a "Minutemen" faction option where you could just say fuck everyone else, though. :D

FudgeMuppet put out a Raider build on YT that's interesting. Its basically a run around and bash everyone to death build. I started it and it is fun. I was thinking of my guy just killing everyone he meets but the problem with it is that I would miss out on a lot of quests. You can be against all factions but it really does limit you in some ways. Mainly quest lines.

You'd definitely miss out on lots of questlines, although there are far fewer plot-locked quests in Fallout 4 than most other Bethesda RPG's. Lots of Fallout 4 is about entering random buildings and just looking around/reading stuff. I don't think you'd get the most out of the game by being a homicidal maniac, but it's certainly doable. It might make a 2nd playthough a bit more exciting.

For gaining levels, the Quincy Ruins can give you shit tons of XP just by killing everyone, sleeping, and then going back. Especially with high intelligence or idiot savant. That area is packed with enemies, including strong protectrons and armored foes.

Every-time proctor quinlan says "technical documents" i want to punch him in the face. he's such a condescending ass.

These aren't technical documents. Well F you Quinlan I got your scribe here shot in the face...on purpose! because your an ass

Finally got to the Institute but haven't really got much past that stage. Been exploring and cleaning out areas pretty much lately.
Still using my Chinese sword (serrated) at level 21, but except for the mirelurks it goes through stuff pretty well. (Have used a few mine cluster setups to kill off 1 or 2 bosses, but very rarely)
Still haven't used Power Armor or Guns of any type since the very beginning when i had to... :)

BTW, is the Castle locked in on a population cap? Have 6 people there now and it doesn't seem to be growing.

I was, too. I feel like Bethesda redeemed themselves on writing and characters coming off of Skyrim to this.

It's a better game than Skyrim overall. I still thought the main quest was pretty bad, though. Coming from some of the worst story writing to something very average is kinda an achievement.

I guess never feeling like my character was my character put a damper on how much I was invested into any story elements. I had the same issue with Cloud Strife and his friends.

Still... I thought Skyrim was awful. This is an improvement in many ways.

Running around completing stuff. Have found that I actually level up somewhat faster.

I have a couple of new favorite guns. The first is a .38 chambered explosive combat rifle. It just kills everything in stealth mode, even when discovered I still put down legendaries fairly easily. The second is a .45 assassin combat rifle. Insane damage against humans. I collect more ammo than I use for these. The guardian I have as 308 but really I have not needed it.

m0EsjdQ.png

Anyone experiencing dialogue issue where the NPC starts the next line of dialogue before finishing the previous one?

I installed the latest nVidia drivers last night and that is when it started. I was wondering if it is caused by the driver or something else, as I did not have this problem before the driver update.

It's a better game than Skyrim overall. I still thought the main quest was pretty bad, though. Coming from some of the worst story writing to something very average is kinda an achievement.

I guess never feeling like my character was my character put a damper on how much I was invested into any story elements. I had the same issue with Cloud Strife and his friends.

Still... I thought Skyrim was awful. This is an improvement in many ways.

For Skyrim...all the skyrim side quests individually were better than the MQ.

BTW, is the Castle locked in on a population cap? Have 6 people there now and it doesn't seem to be growing.
Population limit is 10 plus your charisma, so maximum of 21. People won't really start filing in until you have plenty of beds, food, and water (one for each of your maximum, plus one, so for me, charisma is 6, population limit is 16, resources in all my settlements are 17, otherwise people complain and their happiness drops like a rock).

In my experience the Castle is harder to get the population up than the other settlements. It could just be me. It could be just the game. Or both. Who knows. :D

In my experience the Castle is harder to get the population up than the other settlements. It could just be me. It could be just the game. Or both. Who knows. :D

Just make a different settlement have a radio beacon and then send all of the newcomers to The Castle. I ended up doing that for Starlight Drive-in...left the radio beacon on, forgot about it for awhile, and came back to like 10 people standing around, so I sent them all to The Castle.

Go into the Workshop, hover over the settler and then press R (I think). It says "Move" at the bottom of the screen, then it lets you choose where to move them.

dude this game is so taxing in the cities even with a 2500K @4.5 and a 980Ti. I'm close to buying a 6700K with 3200mhz DDR4. It just feels crazy to spend so much on gaming.

dude this game is so taxing in the cities even with a 2500K @4.5 and a 980Ti. I'm close to buying a 6700K with 3200mhz DDR4. It just feels crazy to spend so much on gaming.

What resolution are you playing at because at 1080 on a 970 it is fine. Your system should be fine for the game.

1080 !! in the cities on ultra i get drops into the 30s or 40s sometimes. maybe it's because i'm playing ad victoriam and there are tons of baddies running around (physics). To be fair i have ENB and reshade installed but even disabling that doesn't do anything. my CPU is 90%+

1080 !! in the cities on ultra i get drops into the 30s or 40s sometimes. maybe it's because i'm playing ad victoriam and there are tons of baddies running around (physics). To be fair i have ENB and reshade installed but even disabling that doesn't do anything. my CPU is 90%+

It's your RAM.

Back