Fallout 4

With vsync disabled and HOCP's recommended settings I'm getting really nice performance close to 100 fps at times.

I'm wondering if that's "too much" since I'm a 60Hz monitor and if I should try to cap this at 60 for myself? I know how picky this game engine can be.

The "stuck at the terminal" bug that happened to me yesterday is apparently directly related to that.

never got stuck, it could be, im on a 60hz display as well, im using vsync forced to adaptive on the nvidia control panel

At level 6 I managed to kill a Legendary Raider and the rest of his camp with a nice sniper rifle and some frag mines. The double damage you get if
you strike while hidden was enough to kill the legendary with one shot. His buddy Boomer (who was wearing power armor) was tougher. My first headshot
would only knock his helmet off and the second shot (because I am not hidden anymore) only took off like a quarter of his health. Then I had pissed off
guy in power armor wielding a shot gun running at me. That's where the frag mines came in handy.

Then after I finished killing a group of 3 mirelurks (with the help of exploding cars) I had a legendary mirelurk attack me while I was looking at a radscorpion
that was just standing still, close enough to see me, but it wasn't attacking me. Weird right? So the legendary mirelurk attacks and I run away looking for
a perch or for a car I can explode near it. I notice it is not following me because the radscorpion is fighting it! So I climb up on a tall rock and I watch the
battle. The radscorpion barely wins and then I easily finish it off.

Here is the special loot I got from the legendary enemies:
Raider- Wastelander's Right Leg: Reduces damage from Super Mutants by 15%: 8 Physical Resist, 13 Energy Resist, 10 Radiation Resist
Mirelurk- Safecracker's Raider Right Leg: Increases size of sweet-spot while picking locks: 4 Physical Resist, 4 Energy Resist

At level 6 I managed to kill a Legendary Raider and the rest of his camp with a nice sniper rifle and some frag mines. The double damage you get if
you strike while hidden was enough to kill the legendary with one shot. His buddy Boomer (who was wearing power armor) was tougher. My first headshot
would only knock his helmet off and the second shot (because I am not hidden anymore) only took off like a quarter of his health. Then I had pissed off
guy in power armor wielding a shot gun running at me. That's where the frag mines came in handy.

Then after I finished killing a group of 3 mirelurks (with the help of exploding cars) I had a legendary mirelurk attack me while I was looking at a radscorpion
that was just standing still, close enough to see me, but it wasn't attacking me. Weird right? So the legendary mirelurk attacks and I run away looking for
a perch or for a car I can explode near it. I notice it is not following me because the radscorpion is fighting it! So I climb up on a tall rock and I watch the
battle. The radscorpion barely wins and then I easily finish it off.

Here is the special loot I got from the legendary enemies:
Raider- Wastelander's Right Leg: Reduces damage from Super Mutants by 15%: 8 Physical Resist, 13 Energy Resist, 10 Radiation Resist
Mirelurk- Safecracker's Raider Right Leg: Increases size of sweet-spot while picking locks: 4 Physical Resist, 4 Energy Resist

cooool!

am i missing something?

do weapons and armor no longer degrade?

I'm at like level 8 now and I have'nt used a single perk point yet. I'm afraid to pick shit that will mess me up later on. someone of them seem quite stupid as well. One of the charisma ones makes it so you can't get drunk?? what purpose does that have?

are all those leg things for power armor or do you just carry them around for extra bonuses?

Yea I had to limit my FPS to, I did it at 58 in nvidia inspector just so it doesn't go over 60. It's no big deal for me since I always capped earlier Fallout games and Elder Scrolls games at 58-60 anyways. It's been a great experience so far and had very little issues with the game after 9 hours of play so far. The only issue I recall is getting stuck at the terminals like 20 times before I figured it out. Also the HUD in power armor is a little messed up at 3440x1440, but it should be an easy fix for Bethesda or modders.

am i missing something?

do weapons and armor no longer degrade?

I'm at like level 8 now and I have'nt used a single perk point yet. I'm afraid to pick shit that will mess me up later on. someone of them seem quite stupid as well. One of the charisma ones makes it so you can't get drunk?? what purpose does that have?

Nope, no degradation. Honestly that was an annoying mechanic imo that added nothing positive to game play so i am happy to see it gone. If you need some advice on perk selection check out this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnILPye-6ww

Yea I had to limit my FPS to, I did it at 58 in nvidia inspector just so it doesn't go over 60. It's no big deal for me since I always capped earlier Fallout games and Elder Scrolls games at 58-60 anyways. It's been a great experience so far and had very little issues with the game after 9 hours of play so far. The only issue I recall is getting stuck at the terminals like 20 times before I figured it out. Also the HUD in power armor is a little messed up at 3440x1440, but it should be an easy fix for Bethesda or modders.

Try adaptive vsync as an alternate if you feel like experimenting.

Right now morth of half an hour using adaptive vsync on a 60Hz monitor and I'm pretty happy with what I'm seeing and feeling. I've done all the other suggested tweaks this is my last hope. ;)

I'm going to hit some areas where I had CTDs happen and the terminal I got stuck on in a few minutes so I'll know soon.

I just got the Ghoulish perk and I don't like it so far. Here's the description:

Sure, you're still human - on the outside! Radiation now regenerates your lost Health.

I thought this perk would make me immune to radiation as well as making radiation heal me. I was going to use it to grab loot in areas that have
LOTS of radiation.

That does not seem to be the case. I still accumulate radiation. I have had full health since I picked it up so maybe once I get hurt either my
existing radiation will heal me, or when I get more radiation it will heal me.

Honestly I did the same and was rethinking starting over as well. It's hard to know what exactly you will need or want before you experience it. More so when your lazy like me and not research anything beforehand lol

I just got the Ghoulish perk and I don't like it so far. Here's the description:

Sure, you're still human - on the outside! Radiation now regenerates your lost Health.

I thought that this perk would make it so that radiation no longer harms me, but that does not seem to be the case. I still accumulate radiation.
I have had full health since I picked it up so maybe once I get hurt either my existing radiation will heal me, or when I get more radiation it will heal me.

can.. can you eat people?? :D:D:D

Bethesda thought we needed more steel in our diets???

I knew what you meant but couldn't resist the opportunity. :p :D

That's the cannibalism perk. I intend to get that one as well. Once you rank it up, the only things in the game you can eat are robots.

I'm enjoying the game so far. Just got through joining BoS and am headed out to see what membership has to offer. :p

You can't really fuck up your build the lvl req for the next rank of a skill at so high I have just about every thing I want and have to wait till i lvl up a few more times.

They need to mod the lvl req out of them

Also the sats you pick doesn't matter much you just spend a few lvls in to stats

The old system was much better your stats matter

Bethesda thought we needed more steel in our diets???

I knew what you meant but couldn't resist the opportunity. :p :D

I'm enjoying the game so far. Just got through joining BoS and am headed out to see what membership has to offer. :p

I'm about to find out about that too.

90 minutes and change without any problems. The tweaks plus adaptive v-sync might be the ticket for me and other 60Hz monitor folks. :)

Idiot Savant math:

JVIkUEU.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3siw35/i_tested_intelligence_idiot_savant_and_experience/

Although I see a few people suggesting his high Int proc value on Savant might be too high.

Got only a little bit into the game...felt like a Man on Fire quote was appropriate:

Man on Fire said:
What are you gonna do?
Creasy: What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me.

Looking forward to more.

nvidia removed the tweaking guide, I founded it on google cache:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...nd-tweaking-guide#fallout-4-graphics-settings

it seems that there are a lot of tweaking that vastly improve graphics, one of the best is ugrid but framerate is very bad on my GTX980Ti SLI.
I can't even get a decent framerate on 4K, hope they will improve this in some way.

It isn't only a problem of scalability on SLI, it is a problem of GPU usage on a single card too.
I get 40FPS with 70% GPU usage using 4K.

Ack I am hating the settlement building. I have to fast travel to my stash to get the materials I need unless I spend 6 points in charisma + 1 for the leader perk to share my inventory ugg. No way I am doing that. I feel like I should just wipe out the settlements if they complain and not fix it themselves. Radio tower is all I am building from now on. :)

So....even on High the god rays seem to have this weird pixelation around the edges...I don't want to go Ultra due to the massive framerate loss, but do they look like that at Low as well? It looks really bad.

I feel like I should just wipe out the settlements if they complain and not fix it themselves. Radio tower is all I am building from now on. :)

No worries, your settlements will be wiped out by raiders soon enough. Then you won't have to worry about them anymore.

(Don't plop down the radio tower unless you are ready to defend the place, it's almost as good at attracting unwanted attention as excess food is.)

So....even on High the god rays seem to have this weird pixelation around the edges...I don't want to go Ultra due to the massive framerate loss, but do they look like that at Low as well? It looks really bad.

I'm playing with Rays on Low and haven't noticed anything like that. Using AMD if that makes any difference here.

Ack I am hating the settlement building. I have to fast travel to my stash to get the materials I need unless I spend 6 points in charisma + 1 for the leader perk to share my inventory ugg. No way I am doing that. I feel like I should just wipe out the settlements if they complain and not fix it themselves. Radio tower is all I am building from now on. :)

yeah i fucking hate them too! i tried to murder them just to discover they are unkilable characters, grrr!

10 hours on my new character and I have half the map cleared, and that was just scavenging materials for Sanctuary. :(

dude was sleeping in one of the beds i had build for them so i tossed a molotov into it, like wakey wakey rise and shine motherfucker, and nothing, no screams or anything, i was so disappointed :(

It's either BS or idiocy, because as proven it doesn't do anything except annoy legit customers.

Finally got my Collector's Edition. Pip-boy seems intact, pretty cool...Not quite as sturdy as I would have liked but it's not a huge deal.

Only got to play a bit but graphically it seems fine...texture quality isn't great but the overall design and style seems to make up for it in a lot of places. Would be nice if they released an official HD texture pack like with Skyrim.

Really I was thinking and really the outer shell and knobs needs to be made from bakelite rather than abs. The closest modern plastic would be glass reinforced but still just does not have the same feel as bakelite.

as far as the settlements goes somewhat dissapointed there is no recognition of the house you owned 200 years ago just the whole town is yours and it does not look like the buildings will get patches and seem to be repaired over time... im not saying I want the buildings to look new but the holes in the roof walls ect should be patchable either by you or over time by the settlers. Also I want a way to clear patches of vegitation to make true planting fields and some of the burned out hedges to go away...

Last edited:
dude was sleeping in one of the beds i had build for them so i tossed a molotov into it, like wakey wakey rise and shine motherfucker, and nothing, no screams or anything, i was so disappointed :(

LMAO you evil bastard.

Big thread on Reddit about the LOD issue(s):

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/commen...the_textures_look_low_res_some_kind/?sort=new

And a pic of exactly what I was talking about this morning:

[snip]

I'm having an issue like this at the Quarry outside Concord. When I went there, the low-poly LOD models stuck around and got in the way of everything. I tried to fix it by reloading the game, but it didn't solve anything. I left and haven't been back to the area since, hoping it's fixed by a patch or something next time I try to go there.

I'm having an issue like this at the Quarry outside Concord. When I went there, the low-poly LOD models stuck around and got in the way of everything. I tried to fix it by reloading the game, but it didn't solve anything. I left and haven't been back to the area since, hoping it's fixed by a patch or something next time I try to go there.

Yep, that's the exact issue. It happens everywhere but that one is extremely easy to "see." Sometimes you just see some low poly object or low res texture and just assume that's how it's "supposed" to look, but really it's the wrong LOD.

Same.

Can't say I'm the least bit surprised by such widespread issues.

Normally, I wait 4-6 months before purchasing Bethesda games.

But, I wanted to play and be a part of this monstrous thread lol

Try tweeting Pete Hines @ Bethesda or something if you want them to fix those issues. I have no idea how else we're supposed to get them to fix things other than just crossing our fingers and hope a dev reads these threads (unlikely since every forum on the internet is moving at 3 pages a minute on FO4 topics, lol)

Back