Fallout 4

Not feeling too enthused myself. Probably because I have so much backlog of quite a few good games to go through first. :D

There has been a dog in every fallout game so far, except maybe New Vegas.
Pretty sure his name is always Dogmeat, too.

yeah no shit genious what are you fucking eistein?? :D :D :D

some screens (with puppy!) from my last run (2012)

AmmHCCP.jpg

EaDfl6W.jpg

ThjF9dG.jpg

ilk3ER7.jpg

3HUQeLU.jpg

WfEuWg0.jpg

BGQWpZJ.jpg

I'm going to see if Fallout 3 goes on sale during the summer sale.

The dog not having actual fur in Fallout 4 kinda bugs me, but I think I can get over it. So... AMD will probably run it ok since it looks like no gameworks? :)

my trip to Little Lamplight and the killable children mod... they all had it comin', those annoying pests!

YCHNhGI.jpg

QW178QH.jpg

zAydeFl.jpg

mgVHrRA.jpg

ltZk49l.jpg

z26cFs8.jpg

xa0OMI7.jpg

:D

All that being said: It's a day one preorder without question and something I know I'll lose several hundred hours on. :D

It's a holiday for me the day this game comes out. Christmas comes early most likely.

Even the bulk of the usual "never preorder" folks are going to break rank for this one and we all know it even if some of them don't admit it. ;)

I'm undecided about FO4 since Bethesda always seems to be behind the power curve with graphics & story comparatively to other RPG developers. Will FO4 be worth it as far as both of those categories go? I have no idea, since the screenshots might not be the finished product engine-wise. With the story, I'm hoping they keep it entertaining like TW3, but that's expecting a lot since the age old fetch quests usually get thrown in the everything.

People complaining about how the game looks forget that the game will quickly be modded to look fantastic. I just hope they don't start charging money for mods again.

People complaining about how the game looks forget that the game will quickly be modded to look fantastic. I just hope they don't start charging money for mods again.

You shouldn't have to wait for "mods" to make a "next gen game" look next gen.

Also I don't quickly is the word, it will be most likely a month or more post release before you start seeing good graphicle upgrades, and that's only IF bethseda releases modding tools, we don't even know for sure if they plan to with this game.

You shouldn't have to wait for "mods" to make a "next gen game" look next gen.

Also I don't quickly is the word, it will be most likely a month or more post release before you start seeing good graphicle upgrades, and that's only IF bethseda releases modding tools, we don't even know for sure if they plan to with this game.

Compare this,

http://abload.de/img/vlcsnap-2015-06-03-16gpukg.png and http://abload.de/img/vlcsnap-2015-06-03-16dwui4.png

To this,

J6viqTL.jpg

Fallout 4 looks nice, it probably doesn't look as good as Witcher 3 but it also has a lot more diversity in the environment and interiors. Modding is just icing on the cake.

Okay, I am convinced that they didn't give a fuck about the graphics because they knew they community would "fix" it.

Okay, I am convinced that they didn't give a fuck about the graphics because they knew they community would "fix" it.

Community will fix it and Bethesda will profit from those paid mods.....honestly wouldn't surprise me.

The leak from the fired Bethesda employee looks to be accurate, some interesting notes from his leak.

Fallout 4 will have 3 times the playable area as Skyrim!

Release date is Nov 2015 for PC/Xone/PS4

The game is made on a brand new engine, not the same one used as Skyrim.

Your character will speak.

5 planned DLC over the first 6 months

Fallout spinoff to release in Oct 2016 (like New Vegas)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/38dd29/the_fake_employee_leaker_from_last_year/

If this leak is true it looks like we'll be up to our eyeballs in Fallout content soon and for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Lets see what will be reveled in E3. 5 DLC in 6 months seem excessive to me. But then again, I'm not a fan of DLC concept.

D4rkn3ss, ever heard of resizing pics so that they're not effing huge?

I want to be able to use my tablet as a Pip Boy and have it work in game. Bethesda, make it happen.

D4rkn3ss, ever heard of resizing pics so that they're not effing huge?

I really wish the [H]ardforum would do that automatically... I hate posting pics on here. Maybe I'm an idiot but I have a hard time too.

no way this comes out in 2015...they might announce a 2015 release date but the new trend is multiple delays for big AAA titles...mid 2016 at the earliest

If it comes out in 2015 I'm gonna say October 20. I think it will probably be Q1 2016.

I still think it's coming out this year. If it was coming out next year I don't see why they wouldn't put coming in 2016 at the end of the trailer.

Since they showed their hand before the E3 presentation they don't have any major bombs left to drop. A big one would be a release date this year, saving a 2016 release announcement for their presentation isn't exciting news because that is what everyone is expecting.

Another possible surprise is a fall release for Doom 4.

Last edited:
The graphics tell me it's coming out sooner than later. They wouldn't present something that looks 10 years old otherwise.

Bethesda is usually good about releasing stuff within a year of their announcement.

Bethesda is usually good about releasing stuff within a year of their announcement.

I agree.

Thus far the indicators have me thinking this will be out in time for the critical Black Friday-Christmas shopping season this year.

Considering my user name, you can guess just how badly I want this game. And I will definitely be pre-ordering the super-duper ultra-deluxe version, whatever it may be.

Considering my user name, you can guess just how badly I want this game. And I will definitely be pre-ordering the super-duper ultra-deluxe version, whatever it may be.

I still have my vault boy lunchbox and bobble head. :p

The leak from the fired Bethesda employee looks to be accurate, some interesting notes from his leak.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/38dd29/the_fake_employee_leaker_from_last_year/

If this leak is true it looks like we'll be up to our eyeballs in Fallout content soon and for the foreseeable future.

Sounds good. I hope this is all true. 5 DLCs doesn't bother me if they are worthwhile.

My bet is that the game will be built around paid mods.

I could be wrong but the blowback was so severe on this last attempt that even Gabe Newell himself got involved in shutting it down.

They would be fools to try it again but I know how this works so I can't rule anything out.

The graphics tell me it's coming out sooner than later. They wouldn't present something that looks 10 years old otherwise.

Pretty harsh but makes the point. I am fairly confident this game comes out in time for the holidays this year.

I see this guy is an avid lover of post apocalyptic scenarios. I am more of a sci-fi/cyberpunk fan myself.

Me too. Actually I like both, but definitely lean heavily toward Cyberpunk.

Back