OFFICIALLY confirmed! Fallout 4!
PC, PS4, Xbox One.

Video thumbnails (not yet released):
http://imgur.com/a/lUD2D

Full 4K version

zFmFeRH.png

NI1RxQB.png

Last edited:
So... see you suckers in Christmas 2016? Is that we're looking at here?

No way this is coming out this year.

So... see you suckers in Christmas 2016? Is that we're looking at here?

No way this is coming out this year.
Fall 2015 would not surprise me at all.
Box art is already released, pre-orders up. This game is coming out before Christmas.

The mountains in the background look straight out of 2008, not very impressive. I'm ok with everything else.

46910_2_0.jpg

I also noticed the mountains. Grass doesn't look spectacular either. The rest of the scene looks real good though. Maybe it's just Beth's art style, but the game defiantly has the same look that FO and TES does. Makes me speculate we're just seeing a newer version of Skyrims engine here. Upside would be the modding community I guess. Downside is well... it's Gamebryo.

I also noticed the mountains. Grass doesn't look spectacular either. The rest of the scene looks real good though. Maybe it's just Beth's art style, but the game defiantly has the same look that FO and TES does. Makes me speculate we're just seeing a newer version of Skyrims engine here. Upside would be the modding community I guess. Downside is well... it's Gamebryo.

Yup. I just don't get Bethesda's fetish with sticking with that game engine.

Other than that, yeah, day one preorder all the way for me. Who am I kidding?

Not very impressive texture wise, but I'm still excited as hell!

Yeah I'll get whatever "special, take my money" edition they have.

Man this is incredible. Can't wait to see some videos. Wonder if I should play this vanilla or wait for eye candy mods.

The foreground rendering doesn't look bad, it has potential, background definitely needs some more work.

Just dissappointed that the models in this look so similar to FO3 though, it looks almost like a face lift

Well, they have been working with it since Morrowind, which really dates back to probably 1998 that they started developing with it. That's 17 years worth of experience on that engine, never mind that with Creation they modified it heavily to make it their own. I'm sure sticking with an engine they are comfortable with allows them to focus more on other areas of the game.

Maybe they have done something under the hood to make it more next-gen capable. Not getting my hopes up or anything, but one can dream.

ugh, looks like Gamebryo engine

pleeeeeease let me be wrong, for the love of god please

I'll pre-order the shit out of it anyways, but still, ugh

Trailer is ok. Visually I find it disappointing, I thought Skyrim looked better. I'm still getting it day one regardless.

Trailer is ok. Visually I find it disappointing, I thought Skyrim looked better. I'm still getting it day one regardless.
I'm guessing this is actual game footage and not the inflated E3 crap we've been seeing these days.
But I agree, not impressed. Barely looks better than NV.

Graphics aren't outstanding, but not bad either. Bethesda has never been groundbreaking in this regard anyway. The game looks like it could be great otherwise. I wonder if it will be a prequel / origin story?

Stock skyrim looks like dogshit, unlike when we first saw it. I'm not too worried about it right now. Fallout had quite good looking characters, it was just the surrounding environment that left much to be desired. Faces were spot on though.

The city and interiors look nice, a big step above modded Fallout 3. If they have a good variety of interiors it'll be amazing, the lighting is also improved. Outdoors looks a little sketchy, too similar to other Gamebryo games.

I'm officially excited!

I think the game will look great on PC once modders start adding stuff such as that ENB thing.

All we need is for the game to be as moddable as Skyrim, and we'll see great stuff being created for it.

How much you wanna bet we get HairWorks on that dog?

All we need is for the game to be as moddable as Skyrim, and we'll see great stuff being created for it.
According to Beth, they are going to roll out paid mods with a new game.
FO4 could launch with paid Steam Workshop support.

How much you wanna bet we get HairWorks on that dog?

Might.

According to Beth, they are going to roll out paid mods with a new game.
FO4 could launch with paid Steam Workshop support.

After the disaster on the last attempt here recently? They would be fools to try this.

I'm guessing this is actual game footage and not the inflated E3 crap we've been seeing these days.
But I agree, not impressed. Barely looks better than NV.

It isn't a quantum leap to be sure but it's not a whole lot to go on so far.

I am a little encouraged that PS3 and X360 are not in this cycle.

the site is live now, and the trailer is on youtube.

so excited for this game!

Ugh I wish they would work on a new engine already. I love Gamebyros modding capabilities and all but damn are the graphics looking stale. Will still play and enjoy though, love me some fallout.

Looks very last-gen, with the amount of money Bethesda makes on these games you would think it could invest in updating the engine.

Back