Fallout 4 to feature Nvidia Gameworks.

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Exclusive: Fallout 4 To Feature Nvidia GameWorks Effects – And Why This Is More Important Than You Might Think
http://wccftech.com/fallout-4-nvidia-gameworks/#ixzz3pWCZQyD1

So it's going to have GameWorks. Let's be candid. Do you think it's going to be the regular stuff that runs well on older Nvidia cards and AMD cards or the bullshit ala' Batman Arkham Knight?

Minimum
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

These cards aren't equivalent. They aren't in the same realm of performance. I smell Batman 2.0. I'll let you'll test drive the game before I spend one red cent on it. :p :p :p

If you feel compelled to Preorder the game do so through Steam. They have a wonderful return policy in place now.

If the game is fun, who cares if it uses NVIDIA, AMD, XYZ Company's middle-ware.

I want a fun game.

I want a good looking game visually that is forward looking and pushes the PC graphics industry forward using the latest 3D effects.

I want a well performing game with smooth gameplay but that also has the ability to challenge video cards with advanced options for the next generation of GPUs.

I want a stable game with graphics that aren't glitchy.

Just remember, it is the game developer that made the choices they did in regards to the technology and effects in use. If you don't like the way something is, make sure you put the blame where it belongs for whatever decisions were made and if you have a problem with something let your voices be heard but point those voices to the correct group of people who made those decisions.

What I don't want to hear is that just because GameWorks features are in-use it automatically causes a negative bias for AMD. I know this is going to be the automatic response from a lot of people, I encourage you to stick to the facts and let the data and real-world testing results show you how it really turns on. Do not fall into assumptions and opinion. Let's stick to the facts as they present themselves with this new game. I cannot wait to play it.

From the article:

WCCFTech said:
"This is also a good time to point out that from what we’ve been hearing this won’t be anything like some of the less well received GameWorks titles like Assassin’s Creed Unity or Batman Arkham Knight, both of which were plagued with performance issues as well as graphical bugs and glitches when they launched. According to what we’re being told Fallout 4 will be a much closer affair to GTA V, a fairly well optimized title across the board with collaborative efforts from both Nvidia and AMD. It’s also said that the game will void of any vendor specific badging, so we’re not likely to see the game being paraded by Bethesda as having any GameWorks features. However, the effects will be selectable inside the game’s graphics settings menu."

Anyway without a source and based on the rest of the article, it looks like clickbait. The angry internet mob is a great source of ad revenue.

Batman being broken had nothing to do with Gameworks.

If you don't like the GW features or think they're terribly optimized for what you get then just turn them off. It's there for people who have the extra performance to spare .

Batman being broken had nothing to do with Gameworks.

If you don't like the GW features or think they're terribly optimized for what you get then just turn them off. It's there for people who have the extra performance to spare .

Nay turning them on in Batman broke the game for many Nvidia users. Of course as you said people with 980ti SLi didn't know there was an issue with performance in Batman. AMD users couldn't experience the pain that the Nvidia users were experiencing as those effects didn't apply to them. Nvidia and Warner Bros have reworked those effects to run quite well for those users who were previously negatively affected by them.

So yes, I would say that GameWorks did "harm" to Nvidia users in Batman Arkham Knight if they bought Nvidia cards thinking that they were getting exclusive features. That's how I see it.

I'd rather have GW features that run like shit but can be disabled vs having no GW features at all. That way people with overkill rigs can use the extra features and have no problem, everybody else simply disables them (which is the same as not having them in the first place)... As long as the game runs fine otherwise.

There are certain implications with GW these days. Most people assume GW games will run like shit because it has become a trend... Nvidia's name being associated with those games leads people to blame Nvidia.

If I can turn on TXAA and HBAO+ and still keep my frame rate maxed... Fantastic. Thanks Nvidia & Bethesda. If not, I turn them off and keep playing.

If the game is fun, who cares if it uses NVIDIA, AMD, XYZ Company's middle-ware.

I want a fun game.

I want a good looking game visually that is forward looking and pushes the PC graphics industry forward using the latest 3D effects.

I want a well performing game with smooth gameplay but that also has the ability to challenge video cards with advanced options for the next generation of GPUs.

I want a stable game with graphics that aren't glitchy.

Just remember, it is the game developer that made the choices they did in regards to the technology and effects in use. If you don't like the way something is, make sure you put the blame where it belongs for whatever decisions were made and if you have a problem with something let your voices be heard but point those voices to the correct group of people who made those decisions.

What I don't want to hear is that just because GameWorks features are in-use it automatically causes a negative bias for AMD. I know this is going to be the automatic response from a lot of people, I encourage you to stick to the facts and let the data and real-world testing results show you how it really turns on. Do not fall into assumptions and opinion. Let's stick to the facts as they present themselves with this new game. I cannot wait to play it.

I just hope it supports eyefinity

I don't see a problem there. GTAV shows no issues with these additional features from both vendors (AMD offers up their own shadow tech as well).

The only thing I want to see is the first Gamebryo game to actually use more than a single core. THAT would be impressive!

If this game runs like a turd covered in burnt hair, there will be some super ticked off people.

Ill wait until a couple patches but I am still getting it. A game featuring game works features doesn't bother me unless we actually see a problem. Like with Batman.

I think I will wait for it to be released. No need to jump to conclusions. It may well be fine. I am pretty amped about this release.

I hope to god it uses hairworks because that dog looks like shit. I can't buy this game just because I can't look at the dog from 1998.

Gimpworks!!!
NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

LOL
7870.jpg

Well I see at least two GameWorks/TWIMTBP games on that list and they seem to be running fine on the 7870. So I guess any performance issues with FO4 would be Bethesda's problem.

Either that or the recommended/min specs are horseshit. We all know how accurate those have been recently... lol.

Min specs have always been extremely inaccurate. No reason it will start to change now.

I am shocked that hair, particle and cloth effects are taxing on one's GPU.

Must be a conspiracy to make you buy a 980ti. DAMN YOU NVIDIA!

it's not the typical full GameWorks feature set like Arkham Knight or even the Assassin's Creed games...the implementation is more like Witcher 3 which used it only for Hairworks

Got my 980 Ti ready for Fallout 4. Bring on BlameWorks! Team red's knee-jerk tears are always delicious.

Well I guess it debunks the theory that Nvidia is gimping their old GPUs. :cool:

Isn't the 550 Ti actually only 192 bit, which means it can't even fully utilize the full 1GB of memory? It's not even close to the same performance class as a 7870. If its not Gimpworks then what is it?

Isn't the 550 Ti actually only 192 bit, which means it can't even fully utilize the full 1GB of memory? It's not even close to the same performance class as a 7870. If its not Gimpworks then what is it?
Well I'm not an expert, but based on my own analysis it seems to be a line of text on a meaningless spec page. The game will launch, get benchmarked, run fine on everything, and people will forget this entire discussion.
... Or maybe FO4 is about to become the new Project Cars.

I'd like to see people revisit this topic 1 month from now and acknowledge they were wrong but that totally goes against the idea of manufactured outrage -- You gotta move from one pointless debate to the next, don't look back. Keep those pitchforks warm.

And where it's the problem? Bethesda games are very well known for run better on nvidia cards, why can we expect anything different now?.. I never care about minimum specs as they are always fake and does not represent anything in the real world..

Well I'm not an expert, but based on my own analysis it seems to be a line of text on a meaningless spec page. The game will launch, get benchmarked, run fine on everything, and people will forget this entire discussion.
... Or maybe FO4 is about to become the new Project Cars.

I'd like to see people revisit this topic 1 month from now and acknowledge they were wrong but that totally goes against the idea of manufactured outrage -- You gotta move from one pointless debate to the next, don't look back. Keep those pitchforks warm.

You're right, you are not an expert. But I would hope the actual game developer posting the minimum specs would be. So I don't get whatever point you're trying to make? We need clarification on it.

You're right, you are not an expert. But I would hope the actual game developer posting the minimum specs would be. So I don't get whatever point you're trying to make? We need clarification on it.
If past system reqs had a track record of being factually accurate then you might have a point... But they don't. It's really a pointless thing to argue over.

Just grabbed GTA 5's:
http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-5-system-requirements-announced/

Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)

If past system reqs had a track record of being factually accurate then you might have a point... But they don't. It's really a pointless thing to argue over.

Just grabbed GTA 5's:
http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-5-system-requirements-announced/

I'm not arguing, I'm asking for clarification. The subject is worth discussing so If you don't like it then ignore the thread but quit telling those who want to not too.

PS: I don't think its due to gimpworks because there is no way a 550 Ti could run the extra eye candy to begin with.

Are AMD fans going to have have another cryfest about gameworks with fallout 4 now too? When are they going to realize it's AMD's fault for refusing to fix their DX11 overhead and not making a chip with modern tessellation capabilities?

Back