F.E.A.R SP Demo

Mabrito

Supreme [H]ardness
Has anyone downloaded it from Fileplanet yet? Is it any good. Im currently number 608 in line to get it.

I'm subscribed to fileplanet so no wait, but there's plenty of sites that have it with no lines.

I'm pretty anxious to test this out, though as soon as I get home from work I have a onyxia guild raid in WoW, then after that I gotta let my wife play on it. :(

you rock, thank you for the link :-D I couldnt get a dl started and when i had it was like 20kbps lol, now im moving along at 475kbps

Post screens when you all get a chance. Those of us at work won't be able to play for another few hours... :(

From what ive heard the game is still as badly optimized as the old MP beta :(

Im only at 50% right now though, ill post impressions later.

I'm running everything on high and it's great. Has almost the same atmosphere as doom 3. But doom 3 didn't have a creepy girl that walked cross your path every once in a while. It's probably me sucking but I couldn't even make it to the second checkpoint before dying. :/

The AI so far has been very reactive to the environment. Like I shot a shelf to crush one of the guards and his buddy crawled under the shelf to get me when I was reloading. They were also quite smart and used cover whenever they can.

Cali3350 said:
From what ive heard the game is still as badly optimized as the old MP beta :(

Im only at 50% right now though, ill post impressions later.

This game will be a final indication of how well the final product will run on your rig, and it has been optimised since the last "Beta"

The game plays fairly well, with everything on Max, Soft Shadows Off (this will kill your framerates), 2xAA, 4xAF, and 1280x960 (No support for 1280x1024).

It also has some of the best A.I. i've seen in a game.
A definate must have!!

Click Here for the Torrent

mjz_5 said:
thanks dude.. .getting 600KB right now :p

650KB for me!

I was downloading from GameSpot since I'm a susbscriber.... yeah 100KB? No thanks.

played....game run horribly for me even on the settings it uses for "auto detect."

The character models had this blobs of black textures "flashing" all over them and then everytime there's a scripted event that happens the game "pauses" for a couple of seconds...

Amd 64 3400
768ddr
geforce 6800 ultra 256mb

Soujiro said:
I'm running everything on high and it's great. Has almost the same atmosphere as doom 3. But doom 3 didn't have a creepy girl that walked cross your path every once in a while. It's probably me sucking but I couldn't even make it to the second checkpoint before dying. :/

The AI so far has been very reactive to the environment. Like I shot a shelf to crush one of the guards and his buddy crawled under the shelf to get me when I was reloading. They were also quite smart and used cover whenever they can.

yeah, i suck too.. kept on dieing were those 2 guys open the door.. one of them has a shit load of armor

mjz_5 said:
yeah, i suck too.. kept on dieing were those 2 guys open the door.. one of them has a shit load of armor

It's cool though, I unloaded on him when I first saw him and all the bullets kept bouncing off him, and then I died..
Then I had the idea to toss a proximity mine right near the door, once it opens and bam! no more guards!

Holy shit. The AI is awsome. They jump over ledges hide behind proper cover, lean out and shoot when its appropriate, actually throw grenades when there is no room for you to escape and a bunch of other things. And there was some really creapy moments.

******Spoiler******
You crawl down the ladder and see the girl standing there as you go down and then when you reach the bottom some guys appears right infront of you. That scared the shit out of me. I unloaded half a clip.

******End Spoiler******

The little girl is really creapy sometimes.

I loved the intro video with the music.

But I will for sure be getting this game when it comes out. Cant stress how freaking cool the AI is.

Oh and I still love the ninja kick in the air. That is awsome. And the slow motion that is awsome to. Oh and the drop kick, and the nail gun that pins enemies to the wall, and listening to the enemies radio.

still at work. :(

But it is OK. Cause in the time I have left today...(2 hours) I will earn enough to buy FEAR three times.

:)

Lol...why can't PC gamer makers just optmize thier freaking game before they release something like this :rolleyes: Hopefully they'll get everything done by October...or they can pull an EA and release the beta for $50 and patch it over the years.

No 1280x1024 support . . . I guess they want to make the game more challenging for those that have to clear the "This is not the optimum resolution for your monitor" message every couple of minutes.

No 1280x1024 support = no buy for me. Plenty of games out there to help me forget about this little game.

Awesome. Friggin awesome.

The enemies were incredible, their animations were great, AI was cool, the slo mo is intense, best straight action in a while.

The keyboard layout sucked though, gotta find yourself a setup you can play on. C for crouch? I think not!

-wil

My LCD is 1280x1024.. On the lower settings, the graphics looked kind of fuzzy. They suck when not at 1280x1024. Anyway I can get it to 1280x1024? I have a 6800GT.

Alright, here are my impressions.

Graphics:

The game looks very good. The inside of the building has more then enough detail, and the charector models are rather rediculous with how good they look. What really makes the game look spectacular though is the slow mo feature. Grenades make little sonic booms when time is slowed, the particle effects are something you really have to see to believe, and the bullets themselves look 10x cooler them Max Paynes ever could. Throwing a grenade into a room full of shelves, seeing the enemy shoot at you, hitting metal all along the way with sparks flying EVERYWHERE, bullet holes taking up the entire screen filtering all the particles and stuff (kinda like looking through glass is what the bullet trails make things look like) and then seeing a little sonic boom in the room, with everything flying of the shelves in every little direction....yeah, its pretty sweet.

Sound:

Overall good enough. Some guns sounded VERY tame to what they should have, but other then that it was great.

Gameplay:

Oh hell yeah is the easiest way to sum this up. This game has to feature the absolute best AI i have ever fought against. Nothing is scripted, and anything can happen. Ive already had AI jump through windows, jump down platfoms, lob grenades perfectly, support one another (as in one comes out of cover and starts firing so his teamate can grab cover with him) and most of all NOT stay a target. Ive then died, played it again, and had a COMLETELT different scenario unfold. If they are under attack they do everything they can to get out of your crosshairs. Also they are good shots. This isnt a game where out of 100 bullets 10 hit you. I dsay there hit rate is above 50%, and i was on the 2nd of 4 difficulties. The game is also FREAKY. I dont mean like Doom 3, i mean truthfully "Holy Sh!T" moments happening here. I wont give them away (youll have more fun with the demo yourself that way) but its done very well. All in all this was great, i am now convinced to buy the game (i was not at all convinced going in).

Performance:

Bleh. Thats all i can say. Battlefield 2, Doom 3, Half-Life 2...ALL performce significantly better then this game. My system:

Athlon 64 3200+
MSI K8N Neo Plat
1024 mb ram
Geforce 6800GT

I was lucky to get 1024*768 2x/8x out of this thing. Soft shadows were off, but everything else maxxed. Really, 4xaa worked fine, but there was some slowdown here and there. I dont like slowdown.

Also there is NO widescreen support. Rather pathetic for a major fps release this day in age.

Im dissapointed with performance, no way around it.

The rest of the game was so freakin sweet though i dont care. Im buying this thing.

Very impressive! This game is definitely gonna be a must have. The little girl was kinda freakin me out, but good gameplay nonetheless, when is this due to be released? It says fal 2005, but I thought I read somewhere that it got pushed back to early '06?

awsome yahoo link, getting 600KB/sec... having to pay for d/ling stuff is for the birds.. ;)

Back