• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

F.E.A.R screenshot thread

fear66lf.jpg
 
dumb question of the morning here...but how are you guys taking the screenshots? I'm using ATI Tray tools and it usually does a good job....but apparently not now :p
 
I am just using printscreen and then paste them into ms paint, but some people have been using F8.
 
[BB] Rick James said:
1280 X 960
4X AA
16X AF
In game settings: All Max
Soft Shadows: Off
*snip*

:eek: :eek: :eek:

ok...logging off now before I short out my keyboard from the drool.... :p
 
[BB] Rick James said:
1280 X 960
4X AA
16X AF
In game settings: All Max
Soft Shadows: Off

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/natelyon082981/BenchTest.jpg[/IMG]

cool.. this is a good indication of how well my machine will run with GTXs... what brand do you have? I am going XFX OC and slapping my maze4's on them... should be pretty sweet. w00t.
 
revenant said:
cool.. this is a good indication of how well my machine will run with GTXs... what brand do you have? I am going XFX OC and slapping my maze4's on them... should be pretty sweet. w00t.

I'm running eVGA's. Came with a free mobo and Battlefield 2, which I don't use either of them. LOL
 
heh... eBay! ;) I almost ordered the XFX ones with the game pad... which I would not use either. heh.

Anyways, have a bunch of screenies on my gaming rig at home, some cool ones with the water reflectivity... which I think they did a nice job one. but sadly, I am away on business... I will post them when I return.
 
First one...yummy.



Second, shooting a nade in mid air



Anyone remember Office Space?



I just like this,it looks so wrong on so many levels



Oh and I was running at the start at 16x12, but then I lowered the res, got the patch and added soft shadows for the fun of it....slow mo kills performance, but then, its slow anyways, so no worries :)
 
Couple of miscellaneous shots:





The thing I don't understand in this game is why it's such a system hog. This thing is bringing 7800gtx's down below maxed settings, the only game to do so I believe, and yet it only looks ok. Like, it obviously has sweet lighting, but overall it doesn't seem like the IQ is as good as it should be for the resources this game requires. Is it just very inefficient or does all of that lighting do that much damage?
 
wow, doom 3 guns + half life 2 characters = teh win?

might have to check this game out sometime, looks pretty cool
 
this should have been called "F.E.A.R screamshot thread" heh
 
compslckr said:
wow, doom 3 guns + half life 2 characters = teh win?

might have to check this game out sometime, looks pretty cool

I was kinda thinking the same thing. More and more I play this game, more and more its looks like it is a blend of Doom 3 and Half Life 2.
 
Lazy_Moron said:
I was kinda thinking the same thing. More and more I play this game, more and more its looks like it is a blend of Doom 3 and Half Life 2.

Arr...and a good blend it is....
 
Circuitbreaker8 said:
Damn, this game looks like crap. I thought the graphics would've been a lot better...oh well.

Have you played it or are you jumping to conclusions by merely looking at screens of it? :rolleyes:

The game does look a lot better in motion.
 
image56yn.jpg


I play @ 10x7 with everything on MAX. Could go higher on the res, but I don't feel it looked at all different to me.

Nice looking game folks...I can tell u that.

EDIT: at 12x9 there is a 20fps loss but still PLAYS very well. This is maxed out too with all lighting effects and physics maxxxxxxxed!

image50it.jpg
 
Here are a few notables:

* howls at moon *
owwwoooooo7ar.jpg


paralax mapped sweetness

paralaxxx8xz.jpg


interpretive wall art

wallart5vi.jpg
 
Oh that comment is wrong on so many levels!

=- SPOILER -=
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

First the girl is 8 years old
second shes your mother!
:D


I have some really awesome pics of the Nuclear explosion from the start of it to the end of it... it looks so cool. I will post them when I get home from work, unless someone beats me!
 
screen076wn.jpg


She doesn't like being asked out....but I know she want's me!!!

screen095hm.jpg


She was getting a little pissed here ;)

screen085vh.jpg


Her Bodyguard is a pain in the ars!!! :D

screen044qv.jpg
 
yeah and her bodyguard needs to take his "hots for Jin" elsewhere!!! :D
 
retardedchicken said:
Have you played it or are you jumping to conclusions by merely looking at screens of it? :rolleyes:

The game does look a lot better in motion.

I've played both demos and i've seen movies/pics. Everything just looks so low-res...the detail is just pathetic. Look at the friggin' guns! They have like one texture.
 
Circuitbreaker8 said:
I've played both demos and i've seen movies/pics. Everything just looks so low-res...the detail is just pathetic. Look at the friggin' guns! They have like one texture.

I understand where you are coming from.
But I think it would help your case, if maybe you have played the full game before you try to bash it.
 
Moose777 said:
How about this: "Gameplay > Graphics".

'Nuff said.

If that were the case, then I donno why I bought a $500 videocard last year. Or why people are spending $1k on SLi setups
 
I think the graphics--detail--physics are top notch. The story for single player is also excellent. Comperably, this game even with its minor flawed one textured features makes up for it when you could shoot a book into a trillion pieces of paper vs hitting it off a table.
 
I think the graphics are very well done, the game looks awesome, especially if you have the hardware to run at a higher resolution with AA and AF with maximum in-game settings, it's pretty chilling, it draws you into the game.
 
Back
Top