• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

F.E.A.R screenshot thread

Nuzzles said:
But, I'll be another one to say the screens don't look good. But, for me, it's because they're just that, screenshots. IMHO, the game looks much better in motion.

Yeah, I'm not impressed by the graphics, but based on the demo it's a good use of lighting, music, and scripted events to do some good storytelling. If it wasn't for that this would be another "Pariah".
 
ae0890c4.jpg

40be80ea.jpg
:D
 
Guys, make sure the setting DX8 Shaders is set to off if you're seeing poor quality. For some reason, it was On by default on my system. You don't want crappy DX8 shaders for this game.
 
A lot of the environments reek of 8 year old poly counts (I mean look at the first picture, aren't we past the age of big rectangular railings?), however I admit the lighting in the game is spectacular, and the player models and special effects are superb as well.
 
Circuitbreaker8 said:
Looks like some drunk guy that ate out his girl @ the wrong time of the month :p


hahahahaha i was thinking the exact same thing while posting the image
 
Erasmus354 said:
A lot of the environments reek of 8 year old poly counts (I mean look at the first picture, aren't we past the age of big rectangular railings?), however I admit the lighting in the game is spectacular, and the player models and special effects are superb as well.

I agree the textures are dissapointing, but I'm sure you would agree you hardly have time to notice. I know this is a screenshot thread, but this game is very good. The story, AI, and the gunfights. 2 words describe the gun battles, violent and beautiful. I'm about 3/4 of the way through so far, enjoying it more than I thought. I'll try to get some screens posted.
 
How bout some retail perf pics? How are you guys doin' with settings and what not? I had to tear down all kinds of goodies to get this:

3cd8ac0f.jpg


F.E.A.R settings:

1280x1024
No Anti-Aliasing
4x Anisotropic Filtering
Volumetric Lighting Medium
No Soft Shadows
Everything else Maximum
Sound Hardware Mixing, EAX 2.0, and Advanded HD

NV settings:

78.05
AA/AS app pref
High Quality
LOD Clamp


Kinda bummed I can't run AA tho ;-(
 
Jodiuh said:
How bout some retail perf pics? How are you guys doin' with settings and what not? I had to tear down all kinds of goodies to get this:

F.E.A.R settings:

1280x1024
No Anti-Aliasing
4x Anisotropic Filtering
Volumetric Lighting Medium
No Soft Shadows
Everything else Maximum
Sound Hardware Mixing, EAX 2.0, and Advanded HD

NV settings:

78.05
AA/AS app pref
High Quality
LOD Clamp


Kinda bummed I can't run AA tho ;-(

Have you tried using 81.84 drivers? Supposedly they help in FEAR. You should be able to turn on at least 2xAA, especially if you're playing on the comp. in your sig.
 



1280x1024
4x Anti-Aliasing
16x Anisotropic Filtering
Volumetric Lighting Medium
No Soft Shadows
Everything else Maximum
Sound Hardware Mixing, EAX 2.0, and Advanded HD

Specs in sig.
 
Polish Ninja said:
Have you tried using 81.84 drivers?

Well, I did last week, but noticed a major dip in BF2 performance. I had to reduce settings from 4xTSAA w/Gamma to 2xAA. Couple forums have mentioned that gamma is the reason for perf drop. I never tested, cause I'm lazy :p

Perhaps I'll give it another go...

MGDMN:

At your settings and without Transparency/Gamma AA, I got this:

ujlk.jpg


What driver version are you using? Also, the image file you posted says "1280x960." Was that your res? Even still, the differences in our F.E.A.R. perfs' still way off. Especially considering our rigs, lol!

EDIT: 81.84's didn't fix it. Still getting the same results. MGDMN, what other settings could be causing such a dif in perf?
 
FEAR2005-10-1817-55-41-78.jpg


1280X960
Everything max except for soft shadows. 2X AA 8X AF

FEAR2005-10-1817-54-07-62.jpg


1024X768
Everything max except for soft shadows. 2X AA 8X AF
 
wiskeychris:
I just ran at your settings (except the res, but it's close ;)). Our results def seem to jive a bit better. I find this setting to be a little less smooth than I'd like. How bout you? Can you play through comfortably on this setting?

I'm wondering whether 1280 w/ no AA or 1024 w/AA would be better...

F.E.A.R settings:

1280x1024
2x Anti-Aliasing
8x Anisotropic Filtering
No Soft Shadows
Everything else Maximum
Sound Hardware Mixing, EAX 2.0, and Advanded HD

NV settings:

81.85
AA/AS app pref
High Quality
LOD Clamp

fds.jpg
 
Ya, I was wrong. My res is set to 1280x960. I really dont know what could be causing such a difference in results, let me run again and see what I get.

Ran it again and got Min:29 Average: 50 Maximum: 64.
 
Should be good, it all depends on what you like. I'm playing through at 1024X768 with everything at max and Transparancy AA on. I'm used to playing consoles so 1024X768 is a lot better than I'm used to. I will say though, this is the first game that I'm not playing at 1600X1200 with everything cranked. This and AOE3, and COD2. Makes me a little upset that my brandnew state of the art card is having trouble with new games. Cant developers optomize these games better? I think its lazyness. I mean, come on, consoles can last 5 years with no upgrades, and my brand new $400 card cant keep up with games that come out 6 months after the card. I just dont understand.
 
Wish they would put on the box the recommended hardware per resolution. This is a pain for those with LCD's that want to know if they can play the game at native resolution.

According to the box I have recommended settings. Games agrees that I can run at high everything if I play at like 800 by 600.
 
here you go, I'm putting the jpegs in the thread, and putting a link to the bitmap of the first image, for people who want to see the it with no compression. 1920x1200, fyi, hehehehe. My site has a 10 meg limit, so I can only fit one of the large(6.6MB) images on it at a time, doh.


pic 1: using flashlight:

fear_ss01.jpg


link to uncompressed image(LARGE)

pic 2: flashlight off, catching weapon firing effect:

fear_ss02.jpg
 
Anyone else notice that the your guy in this game is freakin tall?? It looks like you're like 7'5" lol

or maybe that's how you're supposed to be... dunno, haven't gotten too far in the game yet.
 
Those links to the uncompressed images are broken....

To the guy above me: Now that you mention it...he does seem pretty damn tall.
 
alphaone said:
Anyone else notice that the your guy in this game is freakin tall?? It looks like you're like 7'5" lol

or maybe that's how you're supposed to be... dunno, haven't gotten too far in the game yet.

I'm standing at the top of a staircase.

I'm fixing those bitmaps, not sure why they're not on the site. Give me a minute or two, they're 6 meg each.
 
eastvillager said:
I'm standing at the top of a staircase.

I'm fixing those bitmaps, not sure why they're not on the site. Give me a minute or two, they're 6 meg each.

Well, that makes sense.

Well, I'm getting 404 errors. So, eh...

Edit: Now they go, thanks.
Edit2: And now they don't. XD
 
the 1st one is there. Looks like I've got a 10meg limit on that site, so I can put up the first... and it'll stay. I put up the 2nd and the server just gets rid of it quickly, lol. I'll leave the first up and edit my previous message.

Ok, between a typo, and the limit, neither were working. The first large image is definitely on the site, and the link is correct. Sorry for the hassle. :)
 
these are all in .png format, using maximum everything






more to come...
btw everyone that is playing this game should check out 81.85 drivers!
 
MGDMN said:
Ya, I was wrong. My res is set to 1280x960. I really dont know what could be causing such a difference in results, let me run again and see what I get.

Ran it again and got Min:29 Average: 50 Maximum: 64.

Hmm...were you still a 0/20/80 split? If you get a chance would you mind runnin' a test with the parameters I used? Specifically:

F.E.A.R settings:

1280x1024
2x Anti-Aliasing
8x Anisotropic Filtering
No Soft Shadows
Everything else Maximum
Sound Hardware Mixing, EAX 2.0, and Advanded HD

NV settings:

81.85
AA/AS app pref
High Quality
LOD Clamp



Roliath said:
btw everyone that is playing this game should check out 81.85 drivers!

Did you see marked improvement such as those in another thread? I believe it was wiskeychris in the thread about the 1.01 patch.
 
Well, securerom's being a little #*$@#$. After patching to 1.01, I'm completely fooked. That's what I get for passin' up the dvd edition...grrrrrrrr :mad: :mad: :( :(
 
Yea, I bought the cd version and the game wouldnt' install past disk 2. I called EB and they had no problem taking it back and letting me get the DVD version. DVD = no problems.
 
Jodiuh said:
Hmm...were you still a 0/20/80 split? If you get a chance would you mind runnin' a test with the parameters I used? Specifically:

F.E.A.R settings:

1280x1024
2x Anti-Aliasing
8x Anisotropic Filtering
No Soft Shadows
Everything else Maximum
Sound Hardware Mixing, EAX 2.0, and Advanded HD

NV settings:

81.85
AA/AS app pref
High Quality
LOD Clamp

I dont understand what you mean by 0/20/80 split but I ran the test with the settings that you wanted and here is what I came up with.

 
On beneded knee OR the wall cracker.
onbendedknee3rd.png


Head stand.
(He tried to use a dodge roll and ended up upside down.)
headstand6cy.png


Heads will roll.
(I rolled the head over with my feet so I could take a pic and when it hit the wall it left a mark!)
headsplat0hl.png


Gun in wall number 8.
guninwall5gl.png


Fatty fat fatness.
fattyfatfatness5oy.png
 
Erasmus354 said:
A lot of the environments reek of 8 year old poly counts (I mean look at the first picture, aren't we past the age of big rectangular railings?), however I admit the lighting in the game is spectacular, and the player models and special effects are superb as well.

Hi, I'd like to introduce you to something called realism. Fact is, a lot of buildings have "big rectangular railings" on them. Are you so obsessed with eye candy that you want the designers to sacrafice level design to make something pretty?
 
What file and how do you force the game into 1280x1024 resolution?

 
hmmm from the looks of these pics I'm not very excited (graphically) about this game. Guess this won't be one of those games I must upgrade for.
 
anthrex said:
hmmm from the looks of these pics I'm not very excited (graphically) about this game. Guess this won't be one of those games I must upgrade for.

I don't know what kind of system you have, but it is very taxing. The screenshots alone don't do it justice.
 
none of these pics do it justice, go d/l the demo and play aroudn with the slow-mo and automatic weapons
 
Back
Top