Eyefinity Configuration Suggestions

Aggie, many looking for Eyefinity solutions have centered on IPS displays with DisplayPort, which are considerably better when viewed off-angle in portrait mode, at a price premium. I have a list up here.

What is the reasonable limit of resolution that a 5870 can handle now...or xfired 5870s?

Anyone got a link or an article? I've seen Kyles review, but Im curious how close the current tech is to the 7680x1600 level...

Aggie, many looking for Eyefinity solutions have centered on IPS displays with DisplayPort, which are considerably better when viewed off-angle in portrait mode, at a price premium. I have a list up here.

Premium price is an understatement.

I guess I am just gonna stick with cheap DVI monitors and not even bother with eyefinity until the displayport monitors come down in price and go up in selection, at least to a competitive level with DVI monitors.

if you have a dell 30" lcd, what are the other 2 screen combinations that can work with it well in eyefinity?

For example, can the 30" be in landscape and the other 2 screens be portrait on the side? or do all of them have to be all portrait and all landscape?

if you have a dell 30" lcd, what are the other 2 screen combinations that can work with it well in eyefinity?

For example, can the 30" be in landscape and the other 2 screens be portrait on the side? or do all of them have to be all portrait and all landscape?

All screens must run the same resolution. PLP is not supported. If you consider bezel management, pixel pitch, an overall continuity the only monitors that would work well with a single 30" are two 30" monitors.

Is it possible to play on two monitors with a radeon 4770? If so what do I change the driver settings?

Is it possible to play on two monitors with a radeon 4770? If so what do I change the driver settings?

You mean as in an Eyefinty type setup or a different game instance on each monitor? If Eyefinity type, no. If different game instance on each monitor, instructions vary from game to game.

Guys, where can I find the god damn Accell UltraAV B087B-002B DP/DVI converter?????? Cant find the god damn thing ANYWHERE! I want to get it asap so I can finish my Eyeinfinity setup!

EDIT: Found em. YES!

Last edited:
Which is a better option for eyefinity three - IPS displays or three -120hz displays? though decision :/

So [H], I have a question. I currently run a 37" HDTV as my main monitor, and I have had my eye on the Hanns-G 28" (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254043) to go as a side monitor to replace the dinky 22" I have.

I was wondering, seeing as the 28"s are only slightly larger in portrait mode then my TVs screen is tall, would it be possible to put one on each side of my 37" to go Eyefinity? I plan on buying a new case and, most importantly, a 5870 when I buy the monitor.

Is this possible? I'll be using a DP adapter on my TV...I can use passive on 1080p right?

@ CHAoS_NiNJA

No, the three monitors run at the same resolution in eyefinity. Although this might be a possibility in the future.

So [H], I have a question. I currently run a 37" HDTV as my main monitor, and I have had my eye on the Hanns-G 28" (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254043) to go as a side monitor to replace the dinky 22" I have.

I was wondering, seeing as the 28"s are only slightly larger in portrait mode then my TVs screen is tall, would it be possible to put one on each side of my 37" to go Eyefinity? I plan on buying a new case and, most importantly, a 5870 when I buy the monitor.

Is this possible? I'll be using a DP adapter on my TV...I can use passive on 1080p right?

I have the Hannspree 28 (I think that's the same panel) and you can't really use it in portrait -- really doesn't like that viewing angle.

Hello all :)

I am looking into getting 3 new monitors to setup for Nvidia's Surround (don't care about the 3D part) and could use some help in finding them. I know this thread is for Eyefinity but I thought they might be close enough to warrant posting. Price is not much of an issue but quality is. Looking in the 24" range for heavy gaming. I've looked at the compiled list but am not sure which of those would be best for me as I am not that knowledgable when it comes to monitors. I really love the looks of the Samsung Syncmaster P2770 and others within that series, but I can't seem to find that in gaming-grade monitors.

Please help!

Last edited:
Argh, save your money on a 3 monitor Eyefinity set-up until the catalyst 10.4 drivers are fixed. They keep resuming from sleep mode with a blank screen in one of the 3 monitors. The 10.3's worked great though.

I currently game on a Westinghouse 42" LCD at 1920x1080 with an Nvidia 8800GT. I am currently building a new system with XFX HD 5850 1GB PCI-E Video Card. I would like to know if I should just game on the 42 inch or buy three 24 inch or 28 inch lcd's and go Eyefinity with it? Why or why not? If you think I should go with 3 LCD's then please suggest three 24 inch or 28 inch monitors. Thanks for your suggestions!

Argh, save your money on a 3 monitor Eyefinity set-up until the catalyst 10.4 drivers are fixed. They keep resuming from sleep mode with a blank screen in one of the 3 monitors. The 10.3's worked great though.
Which sucks when you only have one monitor.

I currently game on a Westinghouse 42" LCD at 1920x1080 with an Nvidia 8800GT. I am currently building a new system with XFX HD 5850 1GB PCI-E Video Card. I would like to know if I should just game on the 42 inch or buy three 24 inch or 28 inch lcd's and go Eyefinity with it? Why or why not? If you think I should go with 3 LCD's then please suggest three 24 inch or 28 inch monitors. Thanks for your suggestions!

I was in the same boat used to game on my 37" westy but when I upgraded my video card to Ati 5850, so I decided to use eyefinity with it. I currently use 3 Hannspree HF237 in landscape mode and I have to say that I have so much desktop space. Gaming with this setup is a whole new experience. By using the side monitors for peripheral vision you have a huge advantage in FPS.

Go with three 42" LCD's in Eyefinity mode :D

I was in the same boat used to game on my 37" westy but when I upgraded my video card to Ati 5850, so I decided to use eyefinity with it. I currently use 3 Hannspree HF237 in landscape mode and I have to say that I have so much desktop space. Gaming with this setup is a whole new experience. By using the side monitors for peripheral vision you have a huge advantage in FPS.

the man speaks the truth. i have 3 20" hp 2009m's, runnin 4800x900 on a 5850 as well, and let me tell you, playing ANY game at that resolution is a totally new ballgame. having your periph's entertained at all times makes whatever you're playing a whole hell of a lot more fun. :D

the man speaks the truth. i have 3 20" hp 2009m's, runnin 4800x900 on a 5850 as well, and let me tell you, playing ANY game at that resolution is a totally new ballgame. having your periph's entertained at all times makes whatever you're playing a whole hell of a lot more fun. :D

+1 on that!

I have gamed on a 20" CRT, on through to a 60" DLP and a 40" LCD.

And once I went to 3 x 22" IPS in Eyefinity I could NOT go back. I haven't said "holy crap" out loud like that since I launched my first game with my new Voodoo 1 card! :D

Especially "jumpy" FPS games, such as CoD or CS:S. I can't tell how many times I've sat down on my friends 3 monitor rig and instantly performed better.

Hello all :)

I am looking into getting 3 new monitors to setup for Nvidia's Surround (don't care about the 3D part) and could use some help in finding them. I know this thread is for Eyefinity but I thought they might be close enough to warrant posting. Price is not much of an issue but quality is. Looking in the 24" range for heavy gaming. I've looked at the compiled list but am not sure which of those would be best for me as I am not that knowledgable when it comes to monitors. I really love the looks of the Samsung Syncmaster P2770 and others within that series, but I can't seem to find that in gaming-grade monitors.

Please help!

It depends on what kind of gaming you do. Most of the 27" monitors tend to have higher input lags. 3x Dell U2410s in 'gaming mode' tends to be plenty fast and offers a good gaming experience. You can also go for 3x HP ZR24Ws and save yourself some cash as well as avoid dealing with wide gamut issues.

Ok. I saw the ultra thin samsung bezel today at frys and all i can say is... oh... my .... gawd.

Its actually the inspiration to which im going to go eyefinity. The bezel itself is about .5" when put back to back. I also think its an IPS panel....

Good.... Gosh. I creamed myself.

I have a suggestion and it is very annoying and I think it should be a bug.

You got a Displayport MONITOR and you have done EXTENDED to your HDTV using HDMI.

Play a movie on your HDTV. Now TURN off your MONITOR. BOOM. Your movie freeze cause now your HDTV becomes the PRIMARY monitor!

Now connect your MONITOR using a DVI-D. Turn it off when you play movie on your HDTV. Nothing happen. Your MONITOR is still your PRIMARY monitor.

This is a very annoying bug!

Sometimes you just want to turn off your MONITOR for a few minutes but you cant cause it would cause things to freeze. Eyefinity with Displayport is a big headache.

This is my setup. Dell p2310h x3 powered by Ati 5850. Viewing angles are not a problem and sparkles only show up in portrait mode. Recommended if you can find one of these monitors nowadays at a good price!
img0661y.jpg

img0663hj.jpg

I had a question for those of you running your monitors in landscape.
Hows the movie watching across it? are the bars distracting?

I had a question for those of you running your monitors in landscape.
Hows the movie watching across it? are the bars distracting?
I never watch movies on my PC. I have a 50" plasma for movies and consoles.

I don't watch movies on my gaming machine either. I have an HTPC and a 52" DLP TV for that. However, if I did watch movies on my computer with an Eyefinity configuration I'd simply keep the movie play back confined to a single monitor. You can set things up in order to facilitate doing this.

Alright so I just got 3 27in Asus LCD's running in eyefinity. However I am having some issues. Whenever I start a game I immediately get a displayport link failure. These monitors have native DP ports so I Am confused. I am running two monitors with DVI and one with native DP. Drivers are up to date. Group created correctly. All is fine until I get the error then I have to go back into the CCC and detect displays to get the dp monitor to wake up.

I was wondering if there is any basic rule about the screens angle ?
If you have 3 screens like me 24".

I mean how many degrees should the 2 side screens be turned from the middel screen in order to get it 100 % best view ?

Having a bit of trouble. It seems that when I reboot/boot I have to remove the display port cable from the video card in order to get any video to display.

Current Setup

|-- LEFT --|
MiniDP to DP cable. Plugged directly into the MiniDP port.

|-- CENTER --|
DVI-D plugged into the DVI port closest to the motherboard.

|-- RIGHT --|
DVI plugged into the opposite DVI port.

I also submitted a ticket with XFX so hopefully this will get resolved.

I don't have a clue why having the MiniDP port plugged in makes all three monitors sit blank. Windows still boots up, my G15 keyboard displays all of its normal programs when Windows finally loads. I pulled the MiniDP and got it to boot just fine. Crazy issue!
I don't want to have to do that and rebuild the eyefinity group every time I boot/reboot my machine!

My U2711 just arrived and wow.... amazed by the picture quality and resolution. I'm ready to ditch my eyefinity setup.

Last edited:
I'm running 3 u2410 and a xfx 5850 black edition and I just don't feel like this card handles this resolution very well.. talked to xfx and they recommend picking up 2 5870.....

Having a bit of trouble. It seems that when I reboot/boot I have to remove the display port cable from the video card in order to get any video to display.

Current Setup

|-- LEFT --|
MiniDP to DP cable. Plugged directly into the MiniDP port.

|-- CENTER --|
DVI-D plugged into the DVI port closest to the motherboard.

|-- RIGHT --|
DVI plugged into the opposite DVI port.

I also submitted a ticket with XFX so hopefully this will get resolved.

I don't have a clue why having the MiniDP port plugged in makes all three monitors sit blank. Windows still boots up, my G15 keyboard displays all of its normal programs when Windows finally loads. I pulled the MiniDP and got it to boot just fine. Crazy issue!
I don't want to have to do that and rebuild the eyefinity group every time I boot/reboot my machine!

So, update.

XFX shipped a new Mini-DP to DP converter at no charge, and that fixed it. Guess the miniDP to DP cable I had was not working correctly. Awesome! Anyway, I'm happy with it!

Back