Eyefinity and Triple DVI working.

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Nice to see this on the front page but I thought it was already a known fact that an active DP/DVI adapter would work? Specifiacly the Dell one that's $99.

can you have another giveaway, this time the ATI card and 3 Dell 3007 monitors? :D

Nice to see this on the front page but I thought it was already a known fact that an active DP/DVI adapter would work? Specifiacly the Dell one that's $99.
Getting this on the front page gets the word out to even more people.;)

Good news ! Why does bezel compensation look like less of an issue with EF set up this way ? Is it the o-all width ? The in game screenshots look great !

Those displays look bad ass Kyle
thumbsup.gif

Kyle,

While you've got the 5850 in there, could you run some benchmarks for guys like me who are going to be running 3x 22" (1680x1050) ? I have to wait until Xmas for my 3rd monitor, but I'm psyched to see how the card performs at that res.

Thanks!

I have gotten reports that it works, but this is our third attempt and the first time to get it to work so I think it is fully worth attention.

Sorry to have wasted your time and bandwidth but there are others who don't know.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Freaking sweet :D. Too bad I won't be able to afford that setup for a while :(. Or at least 3 decent monitors.

125605868145yrGjk6QE_1_3_l.jpg

I like how you guys have some GTX cards and i7 920s just sitting around, lol. You could at least send them to me or fold with them or something :p.

Am I the only one dumb enough to be unable to find these pics?

=(

Looked through the review - couldn't find 'em. Checked the 'news' subsection - nothin'!

Help a tard out?

very nice, probably be a while before you'd have to upgrade a setup with 3 30" monitors i would think...

Any word from AMD if they are going to have some sort of bezel compensation, ala matrox triplehead?

Any word from AMD if they are going to have some sort of bezel compensation, ala matrox triplehead?

YES! AMD is currently working on Bezel Management and EF-CFX.

I hope the judge does not get pissed about me posting in the HardForum while in the jury box, but dammit Jim, you guys need answers! ;)

Meh. Wouldn't it be just easier to get a 37" or higher 1080P HD Television set with the lowest response time to achieve a better picture. I don't see how anyone can or would want to play with those bezels showing.

Meh. Wouldn't it be just easier to get a 37" or higher 1080P HD Television set with the lowest response time to achieve a better picture. I don't see how anyone can or would want to play with those bezels showing.

Ugh, another post missing the entire point of extended viewing vs. screen size.

Oh boy! Here we go again. So that Kyle wont piss off the judge I'll get this one.

You could go 37" or more, but you will still have 1920x1080 resolution. It's nice to have a big screen, but you will see the exact amount of content compared to a 24". With Eyefinity it will add more pixels on screen beyond the 1080 (or 1920 if in portrait) resolution you are stuck at with a single monitor. Think of playing a FPS, you will see someone sneaking up on you at the corner of your eye before you even know he's there on a single display.

As for the bezels, your mind will compensate for the gaps.

SWEET!!! My package just arrived as I was typing this.......gotta try it out!!!

Ugh, another post missing the entire point of extended viewing vs. screen size.

Come on let's not be a jackass and help the guy understand first and foremost.

The much greater numbers of pixels displayed is actually widening our view. Think of EF as giving you a wide angle lense where larger physical size monitor just gives you the same picture only bigger. I would suggest checking out our Eyefinity vide review to get a better overall understanding.y

I started off waiting to hear more about the Samsung thin bezel monitors, and now you'd be hard pressed to find a 5850 at MSRP. Weird thing is several places seem to be removing them altogether. For instance Tigerdirect used to list multiple brands on backorder, but now they only list 1 brand. Newegg also has deactivated some 5850s (like Gigabytes, XFX,etc.) rather than showing them as on backorder anymore. Maybe AMD has ran into some production issues?

Speechless... and it keeps you nice and warm too I bet ;)

Thumbs up for the CS screens. Great choice! And do hurry up with the videos :D

Kyle,

Any word on those 5850 3x1680 benchies I asked for? :)

Good luck in Jury duty, I got picked last time I went, spent 5 days waiting to say no to some greedy clowns.

kyle, do i need 3 of those adapters to use 3 dvi monitors? 2 are 1920x1200 and one is 1920x1080

Matrix,

You can do 2 DVI's from the card's dvi ports, but a 3rd one requires the adapter to go from DP to DVI.

I'm also not sure you can do it with 3 different res monitors.

Need someone else to confirm that.

[L]imey;1034786498 said:
Matrix,

You can do 2 DVI's from the card's dvi ports, but a 3rd one requires the adapter to go from DP to DVI.

I'm also not sure you can do it with 3 different res monitors.

Need someone else to confirm that.

what about from hdmi?

No, the HDMI shares resources with one of the DVI ports.

So you can use any combination of dvi and HDMI to get 2 of your screens online, but the 3rd one MUST come from the DP. If your monitor doesn't have DP, you need 1 adapter.

what about from hdmi?
nope

unfortunately the HDMI port runs off one of the DVI ports. So, you can have one DVI + HDMI, or two DVI.

Then the 3rd screen has to run off the displayport connector. Hence all the hub-bub.

11/14ms response time is pretty crappy for a monitor, no? Or do we even care?:(

Anything under 16ms response time doesn't really make a big difference on a good (READ: low input lag) screen. It only gets bad when it's compounded by input lag.

I personally went from a 2ms Samsung screen to my current LP3065c and I didn't notice any response time or issues of that sort at all.

I'm sold. Was holding back on Eyfinity since I either wanted to go with three 24" displays or 30" displays in portrait mode, none with DP. I'd rather go portrait mode since a) I don't have desk-space for a 3x1 widescreen set up and b) I like the large verticle view better than an extended horizontal view.

Looks like I will be picking up two more 30" Dells for an early holdiay gift for myself :) Now ATI just needs to get Eyefinity working with Crossfire... I doubt many games will play well at 4800x7680 with one GPU.

Speechless... and it keeps you nice and warm too I bet ;)

Thumbs up for the CS screens. Great choice! And do hurry up with the videos :D

To put this in terms that I can discuss with you from our many sources; 5800 parts in the channel are now in the tens thousands, expect to seen pats in the hundreds of thousands before year end.

Been slow on the video because my good HD cam (Canon XHG1) is out for repair and my backup cam (
Sony HDR-1) went out on me too.

Back