EVoLVE Official Thread

what are silver keys used for?...I don't remember that in the game before...I guess I get Founders Status

Game comes up as Stage 2 Evolve on steam now I might give it another try depending how the game catches on with Steam. Also got a message that the game is FTP on Steam

what are silver keys used for?...I don't remember that in the game before...I guess I get Founders Status

They are used for buying skins, hunters, and monsters from what I understand. Guess I'll go check out the cash shop real fast. ;)

Can't argue with "free." Assuming it isn't pay to win or the community isn't way too good by now, I'm in.

so all the monsters and hunters don't get unlocked for free for everybody?

No, there is a rotation of monsters and hunters for each week. You can take your earnings and purchase the various characters to make them permanent. Skills are 1000 points to unlock and then you can upgrade them. There are a ton of new skills with multiple buffs. You can have 3 skill buffs active at once.

The Cash Shop is MIA until it comes out of Beta from what I understand. No idea what paying for convenience is going to cost. Everything in the game as of right now only can be purchased with in game currency that you earn by playing.

Oh and the game is badass still. ;) Forgot to mention that. For new people, Turtle Rock created the original Left 4 Dead. If you have ever heard of that little gem of a game, then you should give this free one a try.

The Cash Shop is MIA until it comes out of Beta from what I understand. No idea what paying for convenience is going to cost. Everything in the game as of right now only can be purchased with in game currency that you earn by playing.

but the Founder Status members get to keep everything they had previously...which is nice...I wonder if a Founder can play any Monster or Hunter even if it's not part of that week's rotation

graphics were also pretty nice from what I remember

but the Founder Status members get to keep everything they had previously...which is nice...I wonder if a Founder can play any Monster or Hunter even if it's not part of that week's rotation

graphics were also pretty nice from what I remember

I could choose any monster just then. Wish I had leveled up more before though. :banghead:

No, there is a rotation of monsters and hunters for each week. You can take your earnings and purchase the various characters to make them permanent. Skills are 1000 points to unlock and then you can upgrade them. There are a ton of new skills with multiple buffs. You can have 3 skill buffs active at once.

Alright, that kind of killed any enthusiasm I had for this. My guess is it will end up like Tribes: Ascend and eventually everything will be free.

Ultimately I guess it depends how much time it takes to get in-game credits.

Alright, that kind of killed any enthusiasm I had for this. My guess is it will end up like Tribes: Ascend and eventually everything will be free.

Ultimately I guess it depends how much time it takes to get in-game credits.

I got 1500 for logging in.

i was getting 280 keys for training wins so it seems fairly easy to get them. if you did nothing but play with bots you could unlock a new hunter in 20 wins, at about 15 minutes a game that's 5 hours. not that bad compared to league of legends, for example. dunno how other free to play games with unlockable content handle it.

I played through the tutorial just now and the changes are nice from a very surface view. Didnt play any real rounds, too many people were in Overwatch wanting to play. Probably get some time in tomorrow night. I look forward to seeing how the balance works out.

So I just started up Evolve Stage 2, and for whatever reason it reset all of my Logitech G910 Spark key LEDs to red...when I left the game it returned to normal. WTF?

Same, something weird in the config. I went in and opened my profile and that fixed it for me. First two times in it was all red.

Same, something weird in the config. I went in and opened my profile and that fixed it for me. First two times in it was all red.

Seems that the game has set some profiles for each class. Support is yellow, medic blue and assault red. Its interesting but quite annoying as I like my custom profile lol.
I need to look into disabling that at some point.

Played a few rounds and it was moderately fun. Not quite the alpha / beta magic but better than it was the last few times I played. Match making still has issues which is rather sad.

started playing this again last night...made me realize why I bought the game when it first came out...really fun...the new F2P update erased my previous progress but it doesn't really matter as all my Monsters/Hunters are still there and playable...there are still some balance quirks but overall a very fun game...why did they make it so any of the Hunters can now activate the dome?...that's a dumb design decision...seems like the Hunters already have the advantage and now you're taking away the team aspect of having a good Trapper...previously if your Trapper sucked you were most likely screwed...now it doesn't matter anymore...

why did they make it so any of the Hunters can now activate the dome?...that's a dumb design decision...seems like the Hunters already have the advantage and now you're taking away the team aspect of having a good Trapper...previously if your Trapper sucked you were most likely screwed...now it doesn't matter anymore...

That's exactly why they changed it.

started playing this again last night...made me realize why I bought the game when it first came out...really fun...the new F2P update erased my previous progress but it doesn't really matter as all my Monsters/Hunters are still there and playable...there are still some balance quirks but overall a very fun game...why did they make it so any of the Hunters can now activate the dome?...that's a dumb design decision...seems like the Hunters already have the advantage and now you're taking away the team aspect of having a good Trapper...previously if your Trapper sucked you were most likely screwed...now it doesn't matter anymore...

Because they couldn't solve the AI issue with trapper/ So instead of directly addressing the problem (which was the trapper AI) they created that so called fix by letting anyone dome. If you played the original, you know how bad the Trapper AI was (is). One thing I noticed compared to the original Evolve. The cooldown on skills are a lot shorter on some hunters and monsters. Also, the idiot that thought it would be a good idea to let decoy be present while the wraith is attacking . Deserves a nice slap in the face. First they nerf decoy damage (ok fine) Not enough? then they remove the invis factor from decoy. Now in Evolve Stage 2 you can pummel your opponent with ease with decoy and wraith giving the beatdown via supernova.. I have no trouble taking out a fully shielded hunter in less then 8 seconds ( I don't even need warp blast)

Last edited:
Had some fun playing this game over the weekend, but then i lost motivation just like the first time after realizing every match plays exactly the same lol

Because they couldn't solve the AI issue with trapper/ So instead of directly addressing the problem (which was the trapper AI) they created that so called fix by letting anyone dome. If you played the original, you know how bad the Trapper AI was (is)....

how is it the Trapper AI's fault that human players might not be great at trapping the monster?...by making everyone able to Dome plus never being able to miss you're removing a vital aspect of team gameplay...before everyone had their part to play (Medic, Assault, Trapper, Support), but now it might as well be Hunter Bot's...just because certain people may not be good at trapping doesn't mean you remove the ability entirely, you just force them to play another role...I think the real reason it was removed was because the developers wanted to force the Monster to fight versus constantly running away until they hit Stage 3...I also notice that the dome seems to last longer then it did in the original release

I love playing as the Kraken...I had a nice win streak going yesterday until I was beat...even in a loss the battles can be crazy fun...I having a blast re-playing the game now that it's ftp...I'm glad to see the player count go really high as well...hopefully it lasts and is not just a short term bump...it hit #10 on Steam's play list yesterday

how is it the Trapper AI's fault that human players might not be great at trapping the monster

That is an entirely different issue

I think the real reason it was removed was because the developers wanted to force the Monster to fight versus constantly running away until they hit Stage 3...I also notice that the dome seems to last longer then it did in the original release

They added a separate mechanic which determines how long the dome is up.

"5 Minute Dome Timer

The Dome Timer has been changed from a steady 1 minute to a variable length with a maximum of 5 minutes. The only way to bring the Dome down is to let the timer reach zero. We have introduced two ways to decrease the Dome timer. The Hunter team can decrease the Dome duration by dishing out damage to the Monster and the Monster can decrease the timer by downing Hunters."

Game is fun still I like playing the Hunters and feel useless as the Monster cause I don't know the maps.

I love playing the Monsters...with Kraken I currently have 25 wins...playing as the Hunters isn't as fun for me because I don't feel the same sense of victory because of the group aspect...you can have 1 bad player in a Hunter group and still get credited for the win...it's more thrilling for me going solo and beating 4 other players

Patch and this for Founders.

Patch notes.
The Stage 2 Tune Up Week 1 - Update 2.01 - WE ARE LIVE! Download the update now!

Insane_521Community Coordinating Balance Wizard
18h
HERE
  • Health
    • Stage 3 health reduced to 22500 from 25000
Hunters
  • Lazarus
    • Silenced Sniper Rifle
      • Damage decreased to 25 from 34
      • Hitmarker decreased to 1.25 bonus damage from 1.30
  • Val
    • Armor-Piercing Sniper Rifle
      • Hitmarker decreased to 1.45 from 1.65
  • Bucket
    • Mechanized Recharge
      • Cooldown increased to 50 seconds from 40 seconds
    • Shield Burst
      • Cooldown increased to 25 seconds from 22.5 seconds
  • Tech Sgt Hank
    • Laser Cutter
      • Capacity decreased to 175 from 200
      • Damage tick rate to .05 from .03 (this basically means how many bullets are sent out during a second)
      • Damage decreased to 14 from 19
Perks
  • Hunger
    • Movement Speed stats decreased to:
      • Stage 2 value decreased to 6% from 6.5%
      • Stage 3 value decreased to 7% from 8%
  • Insatiable Hunger
    • Movement Speed stats decreased to:
      • Stage 1 value decreased to 8% from 10%
      • Stage 2 value decreased to 9.5% from 12.5%
      • Stage 3 value decreased to 11% from 15%
Wildlife
  • Improved wildlife interactions with Monster abilities
    • Reaver
      • Health decreased to 25 from 70
    • Reaver Elite
      • Health decreased to 50 from 175
    • Blitz Leopard
      • Health decreased to 100 from 175
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where the post round screen reward screen would auto close without any player input.
  • Fixed an issue where Mimic could use the wall pounce functionality.
  • Fixed a network issue where players with high latency could cause Hunter equipment to double reload.
  • Fixed an issue where Hunters could get locked in the revive animation if knocked back during the channel time.
  • Fixed instances where Hunters would ledge grab would trigger below the ledge grab threshold.
  • Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when Gorgon fought near the Stage 3 power relay.
  • Improved performance related to the community reported issues with the shader cache
  • Fixed an issue where party leaders in Ranked matchmaking would get stuck after completing a ranked match
  • Fixed various crashes that would occur during gameplay.
  • Fixed various AI Hunter interactions on the 4 Hunt maps.

27,000 silver keys is a much better 'gift' to Founders (people like me who bought the game)...now I can upgrade and unlock a lot of skills/perks...why do they keep nerfing the Monsters??...enough...Hunters are already too powerful with all of their abilities

Never fought one of these bug Monsters before we had him down in Health untill he got his shield back the 2nd time very long match almost 14 minutes.
Kicked our butt

20160713081636_2.jpg

How long does Val's tranq dart last I can never figure it out how many I should use.

What pisses me off I'm dead set to be a Monster then I become a Hunter instead so I just leave the game. You should have some kinda filter where this doesn't happen.
Playing a Hunter is more scenic where you get to have the cool environments of the Cry engine. While being a monster it's like crushing ants... I have like all but two characters unlocked...
They should of made the textures simple or different from the Monsters perspective to have more Navigation. Unless you just need a 40" screen to see them.

I like how you can try the monsters offline though I never tried the Wraith before not sure how the skills work.

Last edited:
Played a few rounds...monster feels OP for some reason, even at Stage 1 they were easily able to destroy us while it felt like we were shooting pellet guns.

I think if the monster goes up against you at Stage 1 they should get an ass whooping, and I'm pretty sure that's what the game mechanics were supposed to be designed around.

Currency accumulation feels extremely slow as well...the only time you get a decent chunk is if you level up, otherwise it feels like a snail's pace.

So what are the better assault and support hunters?
parnell does the most damage consistently but is very boring.
blitz markov is excellent even against kraken/wraith because of his massive 4 charge dps. his mines are very fun to use and strategize with. overall i think he is the most satisfying to play with lennox slightly behind him, hearing and seeing your gun build up to 300 dps (or more with +damage perks) is awesome, as is watching a goliath jump into 3 fully charged tesla mines. no reason to play original markov.
lennox is very dependent on your team composition, coordination, and the monster; with a good griffin + sunny you will absolutely destroy every single monster. in an uncoordinated team without a sunny and/or griffin you are near worthless against kraken. okay against wraith and gorgon. very good regardless of team against behemoth and goliath.
hyde is a little less boring than parnell but still pretty boring. solid all-rounder and the only assault with on-demand area denial.
torvald sucks. his shotgun does a lot less damage than parnell's and even abe's. his mortar is extremely slow and map geometry further limits its use. his shrapnel grenades and mortar are useless against the fast moving monsters.

hank is probably the best support all-around. his shield projector is one of the most powerful items in the game as is his orbital barrage and he does decent damage with his primary.
bucket is great in a coordinated team because of his class ability recharger; pretty fucking bad in an uncoordinated team. you need to play around his sentries to maximize his effectiveness.
cabot is awesome especially with the monster armor regen mechanic. he can prevent the monster from regenerating armor better than any other hunter because he can shoot through walls. his damage amplifier is insane when coordinating with the assault and benefits from increased capacity perks. dust tagging is alright, it takes some time to use effectively.
sunny is crazy just because of her jetpack booster but her shield drones are also really, really good. the jetpack booster allows your assault to stay right next to any monster and your medic or trapper to get away.
kala is very cool but kind of hard to use. her teleporters are useful and her armor reducer allows you to deal direct damage without having to go through all the monster's armor first.
tech sergeant hank is good from what i've seen but i don't have a lot of experience playing with him (none as him) so can't really comment.

Last edited:
Finally killed a few guys with my Kraken Meteor just maxed rush and burned them =) Lost the match though they were all higher level than me. This was my best Run have a very hard time trying to Evolveit's the only way to win I need to figure out the maps better. Seems like I go in circles and run out of food.

I think my new favorite Monster is Gorgon...almost all of her skills are really powerful- acid spit has crazy reach and combining that with web snare is a nice combo...that spider trap skill is also good for trapping Hunters...plus she can jump really far distances...really fun to play her....Hunters really take a beating if they don't know how to play against her

There's a founder key available for sale from certain websites for around $10, gets your 37k keys plus unlocks most of the hunters, skins, and perks.

Hmm....not a bad price, I wonder if it's worth it though. I bought the Tribes: Ascend pack for around $10 and never really ended up utilizing it much because the player base died out.

So far the gameplay isn't really impressing me beyond what I played in the original beta...a lot of running around in a circle and eventually just getting reamed by the monster.

tried Behemoth for the first time earlier tonight...lost both times...he's way too slow...can't sneak at all with him as he gets even slower...I guess you need to trap the Hunters in some sort of cave or close quarters but then it's hard to feed to level up

Back