eVga NF4SLi motherboard free w/ 7800gt($450) or 7800gtx($550)

yea but who knows how good evgas shipping is, we all kno newegg is the winner in shipping

roninblade said:
yea but who knows how good evgas shipping is, we all kno newegg is the winner in shipping

They both have the same options....FedEx or UPS.

placed on order for the gtx, came out to 563 shipped 2-day. If the board overclocks well enough then good, if not i can use it till the new dfi comes out lol =)

citizen said:
placed on order for the gtx, came out to 563 shipped 2-day. If the board overclocks well enough then good, if not i can use it till the new dfi comes out lol =)

How did you do that? That cheap WITH 2 day shipping? Nice!

i don't know, is that cheaper then what other people are getting? the shipping address form was wierd when i ordered, no state or zip code fields.

hmm i just checked it again in ie and it added tax to the order, well thats a deal killer =\

WOOT
My order finally went thru. $466.54 For GT and Board with 2-Day shipping. :cool:

I ordered one of these too (w/ 7800GT), and a new 3200+ and xp120. We'll see what happens!

For those of you who ordered, can you please post (in the motherboard section of course) your opinions on this evga/Jetway mobo.

I'm interested in the deal, but a little skeptical of the mobo.

Thanks.

Both deals on backorder now. :( Wonder if they'll continue the promo when they get new ones, or if they'll kill it. Dang it! I was too hesitant to pull the trigger on account of that mobo... Great deal, though... :(

WhyYouLoveMe said:
Both deals on backorder now. :( Wonder if they'll continue the promo when they get new ones, or if they'll kill it. Dang it! I was too hesitant to pull the trigger on account of that mobo... Great deal, though... :(

Why didnt you read the VERY extensive Jetway board review? Same board.
It is in the mobo section, I posted it. Good mobo for sure, especially for free.

Yup! Newegg is showing that mobo and card as IN STOCK :)
I'm hoping that review is accurate and that it is stable to ~300FSB. I read they had problems running high $ low latency memory on it and had to resort to using plane kingston or some such. Hopefully my XMS 2-2-2-5 will work on this board. That'd suck. But not too much, since i could just ebay the board and buy what i expected to get anyway, an A8N SLI. When it comes to free shit, you gotta grab it while you can ;) Might be a great board.

qbackin said:
Why didnt you read the VERY extensive Jetway board review? Same board.
It is in the mobo section, I posted it. Good mobo for sure, especially for free.

Well, see, I DID read the reviews a while back when I was looking for info on the Jetway boards. I wanted the silent cooling of the A8N-SLI Premium, but now I think I can live with the "noise" of a NB cooler. I couldn't get comfy with the Jetway board... until now. :) Grrr... Me thinx I'll jump on the deal at NewEgg. Thanks for the egg-deal posts!

WhyYouLoveMe said:
Well, see, I DID read the reviews a while back when I was looking for info on the Jetway boards. I wanted the silent cooling of the A8N-SLI Premium, but now I think I can live with the "noise" of a NB cooler. I couldn't get comfy with the Jetway board... until now. :) Grrr... Me thinx I'll jump on the deal at NewEgg. Thanks for the egg-deal posts!

I have the Asus Sli Deluxe. The chipset fan is NOT as bad as everyone says. I have a cheiftec dragon and it is hardly audible.

I would strongly urge you to hop on the Egg deal. They were just sold out of the board for 2 days, which made me go thru EVGA for about $10 more.

qbackin said:
I have the Asus Sli Deluxe. The chipset fan is NOT as bad as everyone says. I have a cheiftec dragon and it is hardly audible.

I would strongly urge you to hop on the Egg deal. They were just sold out of the board for 2 days, which made me go thru EVGA for about $10 more.

I did. :D Hopefully the stuff will be in me hands by Thursday. Go NewEgg/EVGA!

I'd do the GT since performance delta is negligable. Of course prices will be going down soon, they always are :)

umcpgrad said:
should I jump on the gtx or gt deal?

and will the price be going down soon? :confused:

GT.

I say that because when you look at reviews, the GT is very close in performance. If you are like me and not rich, get the GT and OC it. We can always hope that someone way smarter than I, can figure out how to get the pipes to unlock ;)

Btw:
Prices on PC gear will always drop.
It just depends on how long you want to wait :cool:

qbackin said:
GT.

I say that because when you look at reviews, the GT is very close in performance. If you are like me and not rich, get the GT and OC it. We can always hope that someone way smarter than I, can figure out how to get the pipes to unlock ;)

Btw:
Prices on PC gear will always drop.
It just depends on how long you want to wait :cool:

Ditto that. OC the GT and live the GTX lifestyle. LOL Of course, you can OC the GTX, too. But for the price/performance, you gotta go GT. Especially if you've got a 19" or smaller LCD. The GTX is simply overkill for most LCDs.

it is tempting actually

for the price

gt + mb for about 460 dollars

or the gtx for about 480 without a mb...
decisions... :confused:

umcpgrad said:
it is tempting actually

for the price

gt + mb for about 460 dollars

or the gtx for about 480 without a mb...
decisions... :confused:

$480 for GTX?

Woot, my combo is on it's way and is set for delivery tommorrow. I'll report back on my O/Cing results tommorrow evening.

I'm building a gaming rig out of scratch, and for me this is definately a dream come true; as I would never have gotten a 7800 without this deal...not that I've actually placed an order yet or that I'll have the money any time soon, but I'll just keep the window with the deal on it open and order it even after the deal expires in hopes that they won't notice. ;)

I might go for the 7800GTX deal in the future and buy a 3500 venice

a couple of questions tho,

Would a 7800GTX be a good upgrade over 6800GT?
Would my Antec 430W Trupower be suited to run this stuff? (doubt it)
If so what kind of psu should I be looking at?

peacetilence said:
I might go for the 7800GTX deal in the future and buy a 3500 venice

a couple of questions tho,

Would a 7800GTX be a good upgrade over 6800GT?
Would my Antec 430W Trupower be suited to run this stuff? (doubt it)
If so what kind of psu should I be looking at?

Yes and Yes

Well guys, i got my combo today and got the new mobo and 3200+ CPU installed. The XP-120 does fit on this mobo, but theheatsink bracket that comes on the board will not fit the xp-120; you'll need to attach the xp-120's. This is no big deal normally but because of a 'quick release' system they have on the existing bracket, there's no way to attach the xp-120's bracket! You get 2 m3 bolts with the xp-120 but there's no nuts to screw them into on the board, and none used to hold the original down. So, off to lowes i went, got some 6-32 nuts + bolts and cut them to the right length to use those instead. Finally got everything installed and went to put on my 120mm fan. WHAT THE FUCK. The damn wire brackets with the xp120 won't fit it -- they are too short (or the 120 is too tall). I knew the 120 was a tall one (i wanted one with reasonable airflow) when i bought it but remembered how my XP-90 (which is still here on my old mobo) had different types of wire-clips for different heights of fans. Apparently the fuckers didn't feel like doing the same thing for the XP-120. So, the fuckin fan is taped (yep) to the heatsink for now.

Anyone know if it's preferable for it to blow down on the sink or suck up off of it?

First things first. The board will not boot with my corsair XMS pc3200 2-2-2-5-1T set to 1T. At all. At any settings. It gives the long beeps rferring to ram problem.

It runs fine at 2-2-2-5 2t however.

Second, the board keeps dropping changes i make in the bios -- i'll set everything up for 250fsbx10 and reboot, ad ta-da, back to 2000mhz (200x10) all programs in windows see 2000mhz, stock settings; sandra benchmarks confirm it's not just a reading issue. This seems related to #3 -- the board sits here every third or so boot, won't power up. Have to cut power to it and then turn it back on, then it boots fine (but apparently with the O/C disabled). I'm wondering if perhaps it's disabling my clock changes because of this other issue with it not booting properly all the time -- i know my asus A8V would reset to stock settings if it saw i was screwing up and it couldn't boot o/ced...
HOWEVER, Clockgen appears to work on it, and i've get it set to 255x10 right now, ram running at 208mhz (i think?) -- 2550mhz, wee. Prime95 is running and has been going for over 35 minutes now so it appears to be stable. We'll see when i get to do some gaming on it....

next, nTune (came on cd), Speedfan...neither of them see any damn temperature sensors. The bios reports voltages and temps well -- but CPUID reports my cpu voltage as 0.24V LOL...

and last of all (for this evening :)) the bios has some nice options. But, cpu voltage appears to not go above 1.55 -- there's this 'vcore 7 spread' or something option they threw on there that has options from 50mV to 350mV so i think that would (if it works like i think, as an additive to vcore) allow you to go from 1.55 to 1.9v (?). BUT, since the programs i have for reading voltage and temps are all fucked, i can't be sure. VDimm voltage goes up to 3.2 (woot) and you can adjust the NB voltage up to 1.7 and the LDT voltage up to 1.45.

I'll post again once i have had the chance to do some real testing (i didn't even get the fucker booted until midnight hehe)

Well, it didn't freeze, crash or fail Prim95 and it's been about 5 hours now. Looks like it's stable. Unfortunately, my memory bandwidth is literally less than HALF what i got on my A8V. Going to have to figure out what the fuck is up with that. I expect the fact that i'm forced to run at 2T is causing the slowdown. I will try upping the voltages some and seeing if she'll post at 1T tonight.

The board seems fine really, considering it was free i'm happy with it. One thing -- the bios has NO mentioned of turning off the damn logo when the machine POST's -- i can't see the memtest, etc. This is strange because there's an option in the bios for "show PC health on boot", which actually shows voltages + temperatures + fan speeds under the memory test while it POST's -- this would be really cool, but so far the only time i've actually seen it is when the board HALTed on a floppy drive error on boot. I've looking through every option and there just doesnt seem to be any options relating to the logo on the POST screen. Any ideas?

One thing i did like over my A8V is that as you adjust the FSB (in the bios), the divider #'s change to show what frequency they will be at that FSB -- no more math in your head, you can just type the new FSB in and it tells you what the RAM speed would be (the drop down menu lists the possible ram speeds to choose from). No more of the 'is 133mhz actually 200mhz at this multiplier?" crap ;)

I got my 7800gt combo yesterday and am gonna try to get this mobo installed tonight. :D

What heatsink/fan you gonna be using? Note the board has issues with mounting the XP-120 bracket and you'll need some replacement nuts+bolts to hold it on...

Let me know if your board will do 1T please :)

Back