Eurogamer gave FarCry 3 10/10

[
And yet we will still have posters going OMG OMG this game is so AMAZING cause it lets me waste my life by skinning robotic animals so i can make a bigger ingame wallet that can hold more cash. Totally GOTY Hexorzzz!

People love this game for what it is. They don't bitch about games for what its not. There is no "Dirt 2 sucks, because in GTA4 I could run over bystanders, while in Dirt 2 they don't" arguments. " OMFG, why won't they let me kill the bystanders. "

"Or why don't they have a 1337 mode, OMFG, I am God and cannot die!" :D

Some of the arguments in this thread, like how shocked they are that you can kill someone by shooting them in the foot. I really start wondering if its the first shooter they have played, since you can kill people in most shooters by shooting them in the foot or hand.

Seriously, I can understand that some of you want more of this and more of that to make the game more enjoyable for YOU.

However, you need to respect that others are enjoying the hell out of this game. If this game isn't your cup of tea, move along. Its fun that you have to craft your own upgrades. I love that they put that into the game.

I do respect also that you come with your opinion, that helps other users and shows also that not everyone likes this game. Thats a good thing in my book.

But, even though YOU don't like the RPG elements, the story, the gameplay and other things, that doesn't mean others don't like it. In this thread you've seen many spending hours not even bothering doing the main quest, but instead exploring the Island.

When reviewers rate games, movies and similar, they rate it according to the whole experience. For you getting a 10 means the game have to have a huge impact on the genre or gaming itself. I get the logic in that. But, for others, getting a 10 means that this games excel in whats its trying to do. They rate the user experience and the game as a whole, not the impact on the gaming industry. When I buy a game, I don't either give a fuck about the gaming industry, but base my opinion on the gameplay itself.

Far Cry 3 is one of those games where many already have described a great user experience. They haven't graded the game and neither have I, other then this is a GOTY game for me. I haven't had this much fun in a game in many years.

I don't have to be able to blow up everything, burn down the Island or have a pure FPS shooter experience from this. Sure, it would be fun to be able to blow up more and burn down more, I get that, but I have having an amazing time with the game as it is. And, besides the reviewers, there are many of us who have tried the game who love it. :D

Last edited:
Do you know what the definition of insanity is? Its doing the same thing over and over again.

FC3 is a game of repetition, FC3 makes you do shit over and over again.

Thus FC3 is ironically the definition of insanity

Welcome to open-world gaming.

Seriously, it's time for you to see yourself out. The horse has been dead for a while now.

Welcome to open-world gaming.

Seriously, it's time for you to see yourself out. The horse has been dead for a while now.

And here is the escalator folks. I am here sharing info about a game that I purchased and Daggah doesnt like what I have to say so hes gonna give me a very stern and scary tone in hopes that I come back at him with some snarkyness so he can come back at me with even MORE SNARKYNESS until we get to the point where a mod steps in and closes the thread.

No Daggah, I will not go and if you dont like what I have to say about FC3 then put me on ignore, because I am now putting you on ignore so I dont have to hear your shit.

Some of the arguments in this thread, like how shocked they are that you can kill someone by shooting them in the foot. I really start wondering if its the first shooter they have played, since you can kill people in most shooters by shooting them in the foot or hand.

Seriously, I can understand that some of you want more of this and more of that to make the game more enjoyable for YOU.

However, you need to respect that others are enjoying the hell out of this game. If this game isn't your cup of tea, move along. Its fun that you have to craft your own upgrades. I love that they put that into the game.

I do respect also that you come with your opinion, that helps other users and shows also that not everyone likes this game. Thats a good thing in my book.

But, even though YOU don't like the RPG elements, the story, the gameplay and other things, that doesn't mean others don't like it. In this thread you've seen many spending hours not even bothering doing the main quest, but instead exploring the Island.
:D
Dude, where did i say I did not like the game??? I rated the game a 7, but now have upped that to a 7.5 because it had some tits in it. Yes, I am partial to a nice set of tits! A 7.5 is not a bad game and the game is entertaining...but people are making it out to be like the second coming of Jesus and its not. Running around a game world collecting skins & plants does not make this an RPG. Fucks sakes the original Resident Evil on the PS1 could then be considered an RPG if you are going by this absurd "hunting / gathering" criteria because you collected plants & killed animals in that game too!

FC3 is a shooter and with the boundaries that it puts in place while your doing a mission it may as well be a shooter on Rails like COD, BF3 single player, Bioshock, BLOPS, etc, etc. Really the only revolutionary thing FC3 does is remove the "rails" and give you a "perimeter" instead (but isnt that what Crysis did 5 years ago).

The story is all over the place, dialaog & character motivation is flat out absurd at some points and I have seen almost EVERY CHEEZY CINEMA CLICHE known to man thrown into FC3. I mean reviewers are talking the story up in this game up like its "The Godfather or Goodfellas" and thats just crazy.

I am being critical of FC3 because it is a "tough love." FC3 could have been AMAZING, possibly even the best game ever made, but they stopped short and that sucks.

Last edited:
And here is the escalator folks. I am here sharing info about a game that I purchased and Daggah doesnt like what I have to say so hes gonna give me a very stern and scary tone in hopes that I come back at him with some snarkyness so he can come back at me with even MORE SNARKYNESS until we get to the point where a mod steps in and closes the thread.

You're the escalator here. Seriously, get over it. What does it matter to you if your arbitrary rating system is different from someone else's arbitrary rating system, other than to your ability to stir up shit by arbitrarily attributing a mediocre rating to a game that most people seem to agree is pretty fun?

No Daggah, I will not go and if you dont like what I have to say about FC3 then put me on ignore, because I am now putting you on ignore so I dont have to hear your shit.

:rolleyes:

Edit: sure, you like the game. You've only been trolling this thread bashing it for almost 25% of the length of the thread with such gems as "I enjoy punching myself in the nuts more than I enjoy this game" (slightly paraphrased.) Yeah buddy, I'm the escalator. You were accused of trolling from the very first post I saw you make in this thread. :LOL:

So since I don't want to read through this whole thread, what's the general consensus about this game? I watched some videos and it all looked quite generic to me.

Dude, where did i say I did not like the game??? I rated the game a 7, but now have upped that to a 7.5 because it had some tits in it. Yes, I am partial to a nice set of tits! A 7.5 is not a bad game and the game is entertaining...but people are making it out to be like the second coming of Jesus and its not. Running around a game world collecting skins & plants does not make this an RPG. Fucks sakes the original Resident Evil on the PS1 could then be considered an RPG if you are going by this absurd "hunting / gathering" criteria because you collected plants & killed animals in that game too!

FC3 is a shooter and with the boundaries that it puts in place while your doing a mission it may as well be a shooter on Rails like COD, BF3 single player, Bioshock, BLOPS, etc, etc. Really the only revolutionary thing FC3 does is remove the "rails" and give you a "perimeter" instead (but isnt that what Crysis did 5 years ago).

The story is all over the place, dialaog & character motivation is flat out absurd at some points and I have seen almost EVERY CHEEZY CLICHE known to man thrown into the story. I mean reviewers are talking the story up in this game up like its "The Godfather or Goodfellas" and thats just crazy.

I am being critical of FC3 because it is a "tough love." FC3 could have been AMAZING, possibly even the best game ever made, but they stopped short and that sucks. I am being overly critical of FC3 because of all the 10/10 hype its getting and it is sooooo not a 10.

I'm not critical of you having your opinions of the game. As I said, I find it to be a good thing that people share their opinion. But you are going over the top. In the post from you that I quoted, you go past that and start bashing people for liking the game.

Much of your critisism doesn't look like critisism either, but more like game bashing. Some of your critisism is absurd to the point that it looks like you are "reaching".

This game is not a pure shooter. I know you have experience in games, so I'm assuming you know that already. It has a lot of RPG elements in it. The game builds up for you to explore and discover also, with history from letters lost to artifact collection. Like Borderlands, you get new quests from new places on the billboard from OP's take and villages you discover. Like other RPG games, you have to build up your character, upgrade it and choose perks. Craft and loot. You have an economy system, where you can buy and sell stuff you found in the game world etc. It doesn't have as much NPC dialogue as many RPGs, more like action RPGs like Borderlands when it comes dialogue. You are a person in a gameworld that you have to develop.

I understand that you like some of the game, which you have said many times, and that you wish for it to be better. But, you need to have understanding for both reviewers and other forum members that they rate the game after THEIR experience with the game itself and how they loved playing it as it is now. They don't care that there is only a single animation for skinning an animal as you pointed out and personally I wouldn't give a crap about seeing more ways to put the knife in the animal. And I actually find it very enjoyable to hunt and craft upgrades.

What I am trying to say is that don't bash people and reviewers (who also are people), who reviewed the gaming experience and found the gaming experience to be a 10. That just means for many that they are loving the hell out of this game, GOTY and all that, not that the game itself didn't have elements it couldn't improve otherwise. There is not a single game that couldn't improve. Even Morrowind you used as example of 10 (which I loved) had elements I hated (at times extremely boring dialogue you just had to click through and sometimes dialogue overload of crap you don't need to know). But the game as a whole was a GOTY for me.

When people say 10, take it as their 10 not yours, meaning they are loving the hell out of it and not a grade on how it compares to the whole fucking gaming industry. Accept it and respect it. :)

I know you weren't directly responding to me, but ill address a few things
People love this game for what it is. They don't bitch about games for what its not. There is no "Dirt 2 sucks, because in GTA4 I could run over bystanders, while in Dirt 2 they don't" arguments. " OMFG, why won't they let me kill the bystanders. "

"Or why don't they have a 1337 mode, OMFG, I am God and cannot die!" :D

Im no shooter pro by any means, but the combat is excessively easy. At no point in the game have I even felt that I couldn't cut through the enemies with ease. My biggest health concern is fall damage. I know they have to make the game so its playable by people under the age of 10 and all, but hard mode should be somewhat challenging.

Just because games like Call of Duty and other mind-numbing games tell us its ok to have mechanics like this doesn't mean its acceptable.
A single arrow to the hand, foot or anywhere on an enemy is insta death(except for the cliche "heavy"). This is typical coding for console hitboxes where the majority of hits are done via aim-assist. Its lazy and stupid.
I dont see how its a negative that I expected them not to treat the players like we have Doritos for brains.

You cant expect everyone to blow roses up the games ass. You want to praise it, expect others to criticize. For me, the issues are not simple irks, they are full on face-palms

Crafting was interesting. Instead of getting logical upgrades through game progression, we grind simple hunts with repetitive, non challenging simplicity...with the same skinning animation over and over. I found nothing unique. I cant hate on the crafting, but I cant praise it as being significant or interesting after you skin your first few animals. collecting plants and magically crafting them into injection needles struck me as silly. As others have said, AC3 did this dramatically better.

The RPG elements are weak....A stretch to say RPG.

I did a few hours of exploring, but I have to admit, I never found anything special, no Easter eggs or anything I couldn't find through normal gameplay. Not like exploring in Just Cause 2 that could yield unique rewards.

I don't have to be able to blow up everything, burn down the Island or have a pure FPS shooter experience from this. Sure, it would be fun to be able to blow up more and burn down more, I get that, but I have having an amazing time with the game as it is. And, besides the reviewers, there are many of us who have tried the game who love it. :D
Dont get me wrong, there is lots right with this game, and what may seem as my hate on the game is actually frustration with what I consider major faults on a game I really want to like.

Visually this is console gaming. I dont expect it to be crysis, despite crysis being 4 years ago.
pop in always annoys me.
As do flashing items
and magic, i hate magic. I hate magic so much. You took a hardcore gritty shooter and thought it would be a good idea to toss some Harry Potter on the top.
I listed a number of my issues(mission radius, silly story, magic, easy, graphically disappointing, etc) in previous posts so I wont rehash them all but fuck, this game would be boss if it had even a little bit of environmental physics.

Im fine with people enjoying the game, thats the point, but I see lots of issues that like I said, are full on face-palms, and I dont think its acceptable for review sites to give a game with such faults a 10/10 because it says that its ok to continue dumping these faults on us. Open world gaming with tiny, restrictive mission radius is not cool bro...Thats bad, like driving the wrong way down the freeway bad. I dont care if the game could somehow preform fellatio on me, mission radius= fucktarded.

Everytime you say GOTY, a developer adds more quicktime events to a game.

Im fine with people enjoying the game, thats the point, but I see lots of issues that like I said, are full on face-palms, and I dont think its acceptable for review sites to give a game with such faults a 10/10 because it says that its ok to continue dumping these faults on us.

Why are all of you so concerned about what review sites give?

A game from certain publishers are gonna get 8.0+ no matter how good/crappy they are. A 9.0+ if it's their main franchise. A review point is just an indicator of how much these publishers were able to fund.

Im fine with people enjoying the game, thats the point, but I see lots of issues that like I said, are full on face-palms, and I dont think its acceptable for review sites to give a game with such faults a 10/10 because it says that its ok to continue dumping these faults on us. Open world gaming with tiny, restrictive mission radius is not cool bro...Thats bad, like driving the wrong way down the freeway bad. I dont care if the game could somehow preform fellatio on me, mission radius= fucktarded.

I cut the quote down to keep the posts shorter.

Game reviewers are reviewing the gaming experience and I hope they never stop with that. I want to know, when I read reviews, how they enjoyed the game not every small quirk and technical aspects or how it compares to the gaming industry.

Same goes for movies. Sure, they can break the movie down to small bits and judge the composition of every scene, but I don't give a crap about that. I want to know how they rate the movie as a whole.

You mentioned COD in your post. COD is one of the most played FPS games in the world. It has so much appeal that many of the COD games seems like an expansion pack of the last game. And, thats what they are going for. It sells and its popular. I've played a lot of COD BO multiplayer myself, but not so much the other games (except COD 4). You don't find it acceptable, I didn't even bother buying BO 2 even though I played a lot of BO 1. I'm tired of that game. But, in its genre, it rules when it comes to sales and popularity.

You actually belong to the minority (and so do I) when it comes to opinions about COD. I can agree its mind-numbing. But, it has its appeal to so many so if someone would rate it 10, I would accept that.

In Far Cry 3 its obvious they tried to put in many elements from many genre's and balance them. They succeded IMHO and so did most the reviewers think too. If I would quit playing the game now, it would be GOTY for me when I look back to the joy I had already with this game. There are things that I would also have liked to see more of and some less of, but all in all I love this game.

For you, its not a 10, judging by your criterias and your gaming experience with this game. That is all fine.

But, I can fully understand reviewers giving it 10 when they judge it by their gaming experience with it. With a 10, they told me they had a blast with this game. Thats more then acceptable, thats how it should be.

Quirks and issues, including comparisons with the gaming industry as a whole or politics towards developers, is something they could rather put in a footnote for specially interested.

Most people who read reviews would like to know if they loved playing the game. Like me, I think most buy games to have fun. I expect reviewers to cater us with that info in their grades and in Far Cry 3, the reviewers obviously had a lot of fun. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0C4cWb_10k

Last edited:
So since I don't want to read through this whole thread, what's the general consensus about this game? I watched some videos and it all looked quite generic to me.

Do you enjoy open world games?

If so, you'll probably have fun with FC3.

If you don't, you probably won't.

I have my own rating for games:

Fun to play for hours
Fun to play for maybe one hour
not fun to play.

Far Cry 3 is in the Category "Fun to play for hours". Whats wrong with that?

I posted this a few pages back but figured I'd paste it here again (and probably will a few more times as the thread grows). This to me is definitive...not just opinion. Also covers many of the cons many here are bitching about!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After beating it and being able to look back on my experience I've come to the conclusion that, while it is an excellent game, there are some major problems with it.

I'll go through my issues as best I can (please note I tend to ramble but will try not too here so much):

NO SPOILERS BELOW!

1. Open world game play is broken.

Yes, the map IS open world...but the entire CORE story is not. Each STORY mission is limited in the area of which you can complete the mission. Want to get to a high hill or mountain in the distance and snipe people off? You can't...if you leave the "mission area", which is often quite smallish, you'll instantly fail the mission. This to me greatly reduced the number of ways I could carry out said mission. So at the end of the day, while the MAP is open world, missions and the story are artificially linear.

2. Besides the main story the rest of the game is pretty much filler.

Sure the extra little missions like the assassinations and animal hunting are or can be decent at times they do NOTHING for the actual story of the game. Mainly just experience and money mining than any actual progression. Also the lack of true side missions kind of makes the sense of the open world limited. In games like the Fallout or Elder Scrolls series (which I understand this game isn't trying to imitate, just observation) side missions can take you to detailed areas of the map made for that mission and are often quite "rich"...not so with this game. Personally, I can say that just strictly following the story really doesn't "hurt" the game, as in the end, that's the only true substance that's there or really matters. Again, just to reiterate, the side quests aren't NOT fun...they just do nothing really important or worth while in the whole scheme of things other then net you skill points and money.

3. The story and characters become SEVERELY lacking towards the end of the game.

What started out as a truly amazing story with amazingly well done and worthwhile characters becomes a bit of a grind towards the end. Once you get to the second island the story just honestly goes down hill. For one the area is massive but there are just a handful of story missions before the game is over. On top of it all you REALLY only interact with ONE character (compared to the many on the first island)...a character that although not bad, doesn't have NEARLY the emotional appeal of the others on the first island (Vaas, Dennis, Citra, your friends, etc.).

Once you reach the second island I really get the feeling like the developers stopped caring or were strapped for time and had to hurry up and finish everything else...which brings me to my next point...

4. The second island is empty and boring.

Compared to the first island the second one feels like a waste land. Not nearly as detailed, not nearly as fun to explore...just over all feels more like an after thought than the first island that felt like they actually put effort into it and WANTED you to explore it. Either way, just don't expect the amount of stuff to do outside the story and quests on the second island. It just isn't in the same league as the first in any way.

5. The endings are not nearly as fleshed out as I'd like nor expected.

The ending(s), although not BAD per se, just don't flow with the rest of the game. There are some conflicting issues both logically and emotionally if you do BOTH endings (you'll see when you do them) and they are VERY short. Some of the cut scenes elsewhere in the game easily trample the endings in both story telling and length. They really do nothing more than just CLOSE the story than actually truly FINISH the story...if that makes sense. They're more of a "You're done here move along!" then a "This is the closing of this epic adventure you just went on...hope you enjoyed the story and game!"

Honestly, that's about it...though I feel some of the issues are complete and utter massive ones.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the game is done rather well though!

1. The graphics can definitely be impressive.

Although not ground breaking in any way the effects like jumping in water or just generally exploring can yield impressive visuals and vistas of the scenery. The game ran fine on my system maxed out as well. Granted I wouldn't consider this a Crysis beater in any way, its certainly a believable looking world and does look better than most games, especially on the PC.

2. The shooting mechanics are top notch!

Never once did I feel cheated or anything like that. One thing I'd like to point out that I didn't notice for like 80% of the games is that it DOES have a COVER MECHANIC...you have to be right up against a wall and when you scope down your character will raise up or around cover (just like Crysis 2)...wish I had known this before as I don't believe the game anywhere actually covers this.

3. The driving is awesome (keyboard players have NO worries here).

Cars feel and drive nearly realistically with no noticeable "twitch" in the steering. Was actually able to traverse the land through jungles to power sliding with EASE using just the keyboard (easily as well as I do in other games using a controller).

4. The characters and story (for the most part) is very well done.

They are most all played VERY well...there were a couple times where Vaas actually stressed me out and genuinely made me feel worried about myself...something that no character in a game ever has been able to do. The man is truly psycho and you can FEEL it. Looking into the characters eyes when listening to them really brings the effect that they are real people. Total mind trip. As said above the ending part of the game is a let down, but all of the story before it make up for the ending.

There are other little things that are done well as well as other little quirks...these are just the MAJOR positives and negatives I found in the game.

Either way I definitely enjoyed the hell out of this game...however, due to the negatives my once 9 to 10 out of 10 rating has dropped to more a 7 to 7.5 out of 10.

Why is the difference between people's individual numerical ratings of the game such a huge pissing contest? It seems like everyone is trying to browbeat everyone else into accepting their own rating.

Different opinions are not allowed!

On Metacritics user score of
FC1 - 8.2 (314 votes)
FC2 - 5.5 (870 votes)
FC3 - 8.8 (23 votes)

I will wait till at least 300 people voted for FC3 and then I will see whether or not to buy the thing.

I was going to do a Day 1 buy but am now going to hold off...too immersed with AC3 anyhow but regardless Steam's holiday sale is literally a week or 2 away and I think a half price sale (or 33% off) is a possibilty...I'm also tired of buying games at full price just to have it sit in my Steam library for weeks or months and then see that I could have bought it for 50% less or more

I was going to do a Day 1 buy but am now going to hold off. Steam's holiday sale is literally a week or 2 away and I think a half price sale (or 33% off) is a possibilty...I'm also tired of buying games at full price just to have it sit in my Steam library for weeks or months and then see that I could have bought it for 50% less or more

It's very hard to see great games released and not purchase them but at some point you have to put your foot down and wait. I'm trying to do the same myself.

Same goes for movies. Sure, they can break the movie down to small bits and judge the composition of every scene, but I don't give a crap about that. I want to know how they rate the movie as a whole.

You mentioned COD in your post. COD is one of the most played FPS games in the world. It has so much appeal that many of the COD games seems like an expansion pack of the last game. And, thats what they are going for. It sells and its popular. I've played a lot of COD BO multiplayer myself, but not so much the other games (except COD 4). You don't find it acceptable, I didn't even bother buying BO 2 even though I played a lot of BO 1. I'm tired of that game. But, in its genre, it rules when it comes to sales and popularity.

You actually belong to the minority (and so do I) when it comes to opinions about COD. I can agree its mind-numbing. But, it has its appeal to so many so if someone would rate it 10, I would accept that.

Its called the Michael Bay effect.
Just because a lot of people like a shitty product doesnt make that product good. Its a slippery slope. Transformers is not the Godfather, and it shouldnt get the same rating as it.

Its called the Michael Bay effect.
Just because a lot of people like a shitty product doesnt make that product good. Its a slippery slope. Transformers is not the Godfather, and it shouldnt get the same rating as it.

But the opposite is also true ... sometimes it seems that people like to dislike something just because everybody else does like it ;)

I won't get to play FC3 until tonight but I am flexible in both my game playing and movie watching ... I love a "good" popcorn movie or equivalent game ... just as I also love the Oscar contenders ... I like my games to be fun, good, and deep but can also live with combinations of those three (very few games or movies are all three) :cool: ... still looking forward to taking a romp on the island tonight :D

I was going to do a Day 1 buy but am now going to hold off...too immersed with AC3 anyhow but regardless Steam's holiday sale is literally a week or 2 away and I think a half price sale (or 33% off) is a possibilty...I'm also tired of buying games at full price just to have it sit in my Steam library for weeks or months and then see that I could have bought it for 50% less or more

Right on, I'll wait for a sale. I've got too many games as it is...

Do you know what the definition of insanity is? Its doing the same thing over and over again.

FC3 is a game of repetition, FC3 makes you do shit over and over again.

Thus FC3 is ironically the definition of insanity

I have to interject here...

Apparently, you do not know the definition of insanity.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT RESULT

By your definition, repetitious things such as:
  • going to work
  • eating
  • sleeping
  • pooping
  • bathing/showering
  • and, in your case, troll posts
are all considered insane?

Damn, we all must be stark-raving mad!

I'm enjoying FarCry 3 for what it is. If you don't like it as much as others, that's perfectly fine. You don't need to come here and try to shit on everybody's parade, though. Just say your piece in one clear and consise manner, and be done with it.

That's my piece, and my only foray into this tit for tat discussion.

Last edited:
But the opposite is also true ... sometimes it seems that people like to dislike something just because everybody else does like it ;)

that's called a Hipster LOL :) JK!

The game is great, but yes it's easy. I get killed more frenquently by frigging tigers! LOL But i'am a completist so i don't even play the game yet. I'am getting all the Crafting things first and doing the towers and liberating checkpoint, doing missions LOL! :)

If you like Stealth, you'll be served. It work well.. almost too well..

The game is great, but yes it's easy. I get killed more frenquently by frigging tigers! LOL But i'am a completist so i don't even play the game yet. I'am getting all the Crafting things first and doing the towers and liberating checkpoint, doing missions LOL! :)

I love stealth and I like my games to not be too difficult ... so this should be perfect for me :D

[Hipster]I liked FarCry before PC gaming was invented *scoff*[/hipster] :p

I have to interject here...

Apparently, you do not know the definition of insanity.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT RESULT

Thank you. I'd expect the half-quote to be something from a sitcom, but there are apparently people that clueless.

And just remember: a bird in the hand.

Perfectly stated you completely nailed it..
you and JoeUser are spot on! The only thing I can add is criticism on the rediculous healing system. What is the point of collecting green leaves and making healing syringes if you can just automatically heal yourself anyway? Especially once you get the perk which heals three health slots. It like the game developers are admitting that their rpg element for healing is annoying and repetitive so they noobed the fuck out of it with auto heal on demand. There is no challenge in FC3, it holds your hand the ENTIRE time.

I know you weren't directly responding to me, but ill address a few things

Im no shooter pro by any means, but the combat is excessively easy. At no point in the game have I even felt that I couldn't cut through the enemies with ease. My biggest health concern is fall damage. I know they have to make the game so its playable by people under the age of 10 and all, but hard mode should be somewhat challenging.

Just because games like Call of Duty and other mind-numbing games tell us its ok to have mechanics like this doesn't mean its acceptable.
A single arrow to the hand, foot or anywhere on an enemy is insta death(except for the cliche "heavy"). This is typical coding for console hitboxes where the majority of hits are done via aim-assist. Its lazy and stupid.
I dont see how its a negative that I expected them not to treat the players like we have Doritos for brains.

You cant expect everyone to blow roses up the games ass. You want to praise it, expect others to criticize. For me, the issues are not simple irks, they are full on face-palms

Crafting was interesting. Instead of getting logical upgrades through game progression, we grind simple hunts with repetitive, non challenging simplicity...with the same skinning animation over and over. I found nothing unique. I cant hate on the crafting, but I cant praise it as being significant or interesting after you skin your first few animals. collecting plants and magically crafting them into injection needles struck me as silly. As others have said, AC3 did this dramatically better.

The RPG elements are weak....A stretch to say RPG.

I did a few hours of exploring, but I have to admit, I never found anything special, no Easter eggs or anything I couldn't find through normal gameplay. Not like exploring in Just Cause 2 that could yield unique rewards.

Dont get me wrong, there is lots right with this game, and what may seem as my hate on the game is actually frustration with what I consider major faults on a game I really want to like.

Visually this is console gaming. I dont expect it to be crysis, despite crysis being 4 years ago.
pop in always annoys me.
As do flashing items
and magic, i hate magic. I hate magic so much. You took a hardcore gritty shooter and thought it would be a good idea to toss some Harry Potter on the top.
I listed a number of my issues(mission radius, silly story, magic, easy, graphically disappointing, etc) in previous posts so I wont rehash them all but fuck, this game would be boss if it had even a little bit of environmental physics.

Can we stop with this arguing of if its a 10/10 game etc please? its boring

That and some of the other long winded repeated phone book sized posts of the same repeated arguments and talking points over and over again as well.

insanity is few guys arguing on other poster's ratings over and over and over and over and over again, thinking this time it's gonna be different. No no no no no please, this time it's gonna be different.

Guys, what do you consider a better game latest Deus EX or FC3? I play Deus Ex every now and then but cannot finish it for like 2 months already.

Guys, what do you consider a better game latest Deus EX or FC3? I play Deus Ex every now and then but cannot finish it for like 2 months already.

If you can wait, I'd go clear other games first.
FC3 was fun, but some parts felt rushed. It could use some good DLC or mods.

I finally bit the bullet on using a VPN to access the game early and am about five hours in. I've only done the first two or three main missions, focusing mostly on hunting, liberating villages/radio towers, and side missions.

I'm really enjoying the game! I love the sandbox feel, and while there are a few issues here and there I'm overall very happy.

I love stealth and I like my games to not be too difficult ... so this should be perfect for me :D

Yeah me neither and i'am not that great of a gamer really. The only real game series i've completed is Assasins Creed (not finished the 3rd one yet.. planning on doing so before years end..)

[Hipster]I liked FarCry before PC gaming was invented *scoff*[/hipster] :p

LOL Nah to be a true Hipster, you need to be 17-22 years old, have a 'I LOVE VHS' Tshirt and talk about Vinyl and BETA tapes, talk about how NES and SUPERNES is cool and the like, like you where there when it happened. Now this is True Hipster POWER!

LOLLL :D

I did the same. let me first say its getting way over hyped . not that its a bad game. i would give it a 6.5-7 out of 10. the main story is rather short and there are four side quests that get repeated about 80 times. plus you would think that being able to take over check point would be good, but once

I did the same. let me first say its getting way over hyped . not that its a bad game. i would give it a 6.5-7 out of 10. the main story is rather short and there are four side quests that get repeated about 80 times. plus you would think that being able to take over check point would be good, but once

You can compare it to any other open world game, it's the same. GTA, WOW etc etc.. same quest, fetch quest, complete quest do X to X.. get back. etc etc... If you like the style, then it's good. Personally i love the setting (island) and i like GTA type game..

The funniest thing is to run like crazy, pi*** off a tiger, and RUN in the middle of a Base.. then the tiger kills everyone but 1 guard and i finish him with the bow! LOLLLLLL it's very funny to watch with the Camera :)

Back