Escape From Tarkov

Escape from Tarkov- Battle for Concordia (Streets of Tarkov teaser #3)

Streets of Tarkov is the most ambitious new location in the game which is coming in future version 0.13...

Oh, another Streets of Tarkov trailer? Color me shocked.

That map will be a fucking disaster if they don't resolve the massive amount of performance and server issues they have. I have no idea why there are still people drooling over that release.

Oh, another Streets of Tarkov trailer? Color me shocked.

That map will be a fucking disaster if they don't resolve the massive amount of performance and server issues they have. I have no idea why there are still people drooling over that release.
Tell me about these massive issues

I'm not seeing them.

Tell me about these massive issues

I'm not seeing them.
Their netcode is atrocious, and their excuses for it are equally as such.

It's actually quite obvious, and the tip of the iceberg. I would have been much more impressed if they showcased their 'fixes' instead of yet another Streets of Tarkov teaser

Their netcode is atrocious
About the only thing I ever see is a failure to connect once every few days or so, usually after a long session. Restart the game and it's resolved

I've heard people say they have had desync - but if it's happening I can't tell.

Their netcode is atrocious, and their excuses for it are equally as such.

It's actually quite obvious, and the tip of the iceberg. I would have been much more impressed if they showcased their 'fixes' instead of yet another Streets of Tarkov teaser
By the time they get this game working right if they ever do, someone else will make a better game. Most people who wanted to play this game already have, so devs got the money. I wouldn't be surprised if they are working on tarkov 2 in a different engine.

By the time they get this game working right if they ever do, someone else will make a better game. Most people who wanted to play this game already have, so devs got the money. I wouldn't be surprised if they are working on tarkov 2 in a different engine
Honestly - the ambition shown by these devs is remarkable and I hope they succeed beyond their own expectations. I reserve my disappointment for what has happened to COD and Battlefield - effectively rubber stamped reskinned clones of previous games (little different from Madden... Whatever).

I find the game refreshingly different from others and the difficulty is better than 'hardcore mode' in significantly dumber (albeit perennially profitable) games from the major US /EU producers

Honestly - the ambition shown by these devs is remarkable and I hope they succeed beyond their own expectations. I reserve my disappointment for what has happened to COD and Battlefield - effectively rubber stamped reskinned clones of previous games (little different from Madden... Whatever).

I find the game refreshingly different from others and the difficulty is better than 'hardcore mode' in significantly dumber (albeit perennially profitable) games from the major US /EU producers
Same here. I choose to enjoy the game, and focus on what I like about it, rather than looking for reasons to complain about it. Those reasons are there. We've all seen them. But show me a game that doesn't have similar problems, and has gameplay/gunplay as good as this one.

I love this game. Fair bit of cheaters though, almost bad as csgo. But its still very enjoyable. While I like the game currently, I hope it unfolds as they promise. Afaik BSG and whatever they were called before are funded by angels, I don't think they a) profit big from cheaters which many say b) run away laughing with eod account money.
It seems BSG is not the most crack pro dev team, it also seems Unity is not good for twitch shooters. Does anyone know competitive fps shooters running on newer Unity? I dont know the fault of the netcode but unless there is another Unity fps game for example, it might be the problem. Also Unity allows for easy cheat development. And radar is 100% undetectable...i dont know if, packet encryption, can be fixed or also fault of Unity. That feeling of wtf that was sus death and its from a grey/basic account name... Ultimately Tarkov is whatever you make it, which is why it's so great imo.

Tarkov 2, someone mentioned, will probably be Russia 2028.

Another question-
I've heard fast RAM is really worthwhile for this game, has anyone upgraded ram and noticed a difference? <120fps @ 1080p with 3080/3090 is a bit frustrating.

ast RAM is really worthwhile
It made a huge (okay, noticeable) difference for me.

Running 3070 with a 2700x was doable - but I was RAM limited to 2133 (I tried pushing it higher - which made a difference - but after a while the system was unstable and reverted).

With the 5600x I'm at 3200 (IIRC). I'm getting very playable 60-90's at 4k. Occasionally drops into the 50s but not often.

So yeah - faster RAM does make a difference

So I've been off gaming for a month - and Tarkov isn't drawing me back. I really enjoy the PVE side of things... But the PVP is not fun. And I'm at missions where I'm forced to do PVP.

I don't want to blame it all on cheating - but sooo very often it seems like I'm disadvantaged for no apparent reason.

The biggest improvement, IMO was Scav Karma as not every Scav encounter is now a poaching situation. Scav on Scav still happens - but less often.

Since it's not officially supported how well does it work and how enjoyable is it to play singleplayer?
I loved it. There's a ton of support for it; a dedicated community that continues to release patches along with BSG's official patches, albeit at a delay. Their current release is taking a bit longer than normal, but they typically have a new (optional) release every month.

If you fired it up without any of the supported mods, you would essentially have a 1:1 copy of the Tarkov experience. It's essentially an offline raid, but you get to keep all progress/loot/quests you normally would in an online raid. There's a lot you can do with it (add PMC's, change Scav spawn count, etc), but it's worth the experience if you're looking for a literal Single player Escape From Tarkov. Or if you're looking for a break from the typically BSG bullshit.

I played SP tarkov so much. It was the tarkov experience i wanted.

All it needs is better AI. So many times the AI spawns and they just obliterate eachother in seconds.

I loved it. There's a ton of support for it; a dedicated community that continues to release patches along with BSG's official patches, albeit at a delay. Their current release is taking a bit longer than normal, but they typically have a new (optional) release every month.

If you fired it up without any of the supported mods, you would essentially have a 1:1 copy of the Tarkov experience. It's essentially an offline raid, but you get to keep all progress/loot/quests you normally would in an online raid. There's a lot you can do with it (add PMC's, change Scav spawn count, etc), but it's worth the experience if you're looking for a literal Single player Escape From Tarkov. Or if you're looking for a break from the typically BSG bullshit.
Thanks might pick it up and install that mod. Is.it.possible to play 2 player co-op against the AI?

So.... As someone who has a bit of experience with the Russian Modding Community, allow me to make two observations:

• Many Russian modders are fantastic at what they do - their mods are among the best you can find.
  • Some Russian modders also include code that allows you to pay for the mod by allowing them to use your computer resources for distributed e-coin mining, or other crap you don't want. Sometimes you get viruses - as the loaders can auto-update and sometimes get hacked.

If you have a computer that you only use for Tarkov - knock yourself out. I've actually stopped using RU mods because of this.
(Note: native Russian speakers usually can find out which mods are safe - but not always)

So.... As someone who has a bit of experience with the Russian Modding Community, allow me to make two observations:

• Many Russian modders are fantastic at what they do - their mods are among the best you can find.
  • Some Russian modders also include code that allows you to pay for the mod by allowing them to use your computer resources for distributed e-coin mining, or other crap you don't want. Sometimes you get viruses - as the loaders can auto-update and sometimes get hacked.

If you have a computer that you only use for Tarkov - knock yourself out. I've actually stopped using RU mods because of this.
(Note: native Russian speakers usually can find out which mods are safe - but not always)
I'm not entirely sure how you would differentiate an RU mod from any other? Anything you download anywhere could contain something malicious, and you should always take precautions.

This is [H]ardforum for shit's sake

I'm not entirely sure how you would differentiate an RU mod from any other? Anything you download anywhere could contain something malicious, and you should always take precautions.

This is [H]ardforum for shit's sake
Yup.

Just a bias surfacing. Disregard

Actually - now that I think about it... Don't.

We get lots of lurkers here (and I've been advising my son & his friends lately, and until recently I forgot how many people just don't get this stuff).

version 12.12 is rumored to come on the 12th. new map, inertia, and proximity voip. and probably a wipe. I havn't played for I think 2 wipes now, all that effort it took to get the epsilon container kinda hurt. I'm gonna try and just buy the beta container this time. I know this game is about doing quests but I just want to kill players and take their stuff. If I can wipe a team, that is the best.

finally... we've only been asking for like 4 years. Guess after the SP mod thing they got a clue. Id rather play SP tarkov.
I dont think its going to be what you want. I think its going to be the offline mode that is already in the game only you will be able to do co-op with friends. Your progress wont be saved and you wont get to keep anything you find after the raid is over.

I dont think its going to be what you want. I think its going to be the offline mode that is already in the game only you will be able to do co-op with friends. Your progress wont be saved and you wont get to keep anything you find after the raid is over.

see that is stupid. just make separate characters for each mode.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
Since BF2042 is sucking, thinking of trying some EFT again. I haven't played in over a year. Could anyone provide a quick synopsis of changes over the last year? I don't feel like reading a thousand forum posts to try and catch up.

I heard something about SCAV Karma. Is it per game or persistent?

How is the game performance, lag/de-sync and cheater situation like these days?

Scav Karma is persistent, and can really fuck up your day if you have really negative stuff. Haven't played much the last patch cycle so beyond that not real sure. Might come back for the 12.12 patch though just to get a feel for inertia.

finally... we've only been asking for like 4 years. Guess after the SP mod thing they got a clue. Id rather play SP tarkov.
Just a heads up; Single Player 'mode' is definitely not coming in the next 2 years, if it even comes at all.
How is the game performance, lag/de-sync and cheater situation like these days?
De-sync is still a major concern. Holding corners is a death sentence, and the issue is very well documented. Players just deal with it, and BSG continues to kick the can down the road.

Cheaters are definitely present, but it's impossible to give an accurate assessment without a kill cam.

I would wait until 12.12 and the wipe to come, its going to be in December. And pestily is saying it's on 12/12 due to some BSG tweets
12.12 adds the lighthouse map, voip, inertia, big changes to the ballistics, new weapons like the scar, and of course a bunch of new gear.

I hope they adjust the AI. Takes me like 15 bullets from an AR15 to kill one and they one shot you in the head.

Watch till the end:

hehe. I started playing again last night, by default, voip is disabled. last time I played which was 2 wipes ago, I think flea market unlocked at lvl 5. Now its 15. I'm kinda debating if I want to play this wipe or wait till streets of tarkov. Feels like what I'm doing I've already done alot.

Hmm havent played since they added Interchange.. Never feel like I have enough time to invest with all the new changes. But, since I just broke my foot this morning, I guess I got nothing but time now! :LOL:

have been playing for 6 hours, not a single extract lol. And im pretty decent at the damn game. Its rough out there.

Back