Escape From Tarkov

If you are going in low gear or no gear you need to go very fast try to get to the loot spots before people get there and get out.

If you are going in mid gear or full gear you need to play cautious/slow sometimes very slow. i've sat in a bush for 25 min after I killed some one because I though he might have a friend. some time they do have friends sometimes they dont. You will eventually get a feel for it, Tarkov isn't like most other games out there so you need to play differently.

I was pretty happy with the loot nerf you could always walk out of shoreline with a m4 and a backpack full of guns it got a little annoying how much stuff you got. I cant wait until ak's get even more rare when they add all the shitty guns like nagant and other old weapons.

If you are going in low gear or no gear you need to go very fast try to get to the loot spots before people get there and get out.

If you are going in mid gear or full gear you need to play cautious/slow sometimes very slow. i've sat in a bush for 25 min after I killed some one because I though he might have a friend. some time they do have friends sometimes they dont. You will eventually get a feel for it, Tarkov isn't like most other games out there so you need to play differently.

I was pretty happy with the loot nerf you could always walk out of shoreline with a m4 and a backpack full of guns it got a little annoying how much stuff you got. I cant wait until ak's get even more rare when they add all the shitty guns like nagant and other old weapons.

you play like me. slowly. I had a round in customs today where I crouched walked from the red warehouse all the way to the bus station. it was night time during the raid and no NV. I ended up killing 3 people early on because I sat in a bush just outside the red warehouse and they literally walked into me. crazy. night time raids are tense. I sit around for a while a lot. most of raids (i only really play shoreline and woods mostly) I am often there until maybe only a few minutes left.

I am saddened through that they want to now make the game a snooze survival game. what we are playing now isn't even close to what they want. Right now I feel its a perfect balance between real and fantasy, hard and not hard, and loot n shoot. sounds like they want a generic dayZ game with miisions. the way it plays now it fills a void that has nothing, the sort of inbetween PubG and hardcore dayz suvrival games.

Honestly im kinda hoping for something like stalker where you exit from a certain area and end up in a certain map, but with safe zones in between, not just a free roam.

When playing as a SCAV, is it normal to only have a few minutes before escaping? Seems like I have to start moving towards the escape area just after spawning, no time for loot or fights....

Ended up with 17 kills (4 players) and two forts off of scavs on a customs night map and all I wanted to do was my damn peacekeeper quest. Scavs just kept popping up in one area where I was trying to plant my damn beacon. I ran through every round I came in with. Ended up having to use a scav gun to extract.

Three of the four pmcs I killed were hatchlings, the other one was trying to camp the river crossing in a bush with a suppressed TT. He dumped a mag in me but fort > TT these days.

Last edited:
lol ya Fort is > anything but AR with armor bullets. I don't mess with non AR's. I once unloaded a full MP5 clip into some armored dude and he survived. So silly.

Anyone else thinks SCAVs should not respawn? Player SCAVs should not spawn so late into the match too.

IMO raids should be 30 minutes long, players spawn in 30-25 minutes, player SCAVs 25-15 minutes. No SCAV respawns.

Scav respawns make it interesting though, plus if your quest is to kill scavs (and many of them are) its nice to have them if you're lingering on the map. Raid times are already almost too short, they were reduced to decrease matching times while they add new servers during the recent stress test. They want more tactical and thoughtful play so I would assume the raid times will either go back to where they were or be somewhat longer, and they may even go away entirely if they manage to turn this into one big open world, which is what they want.

RE: Fort, it seems when I wear it it does fuck all. When another PMC is wearing it my guns are suddenly nerf guns, though the leg meta is real. I also did manage to snag 3k 5.45x39 BP rounds off Prapor the other day, so its been a bit easier.

I think they should bump up the map times back to what they were right when this patch came out. they are pretty short right now. especially shoreline 50 min is way to short.

Fort does a huge difference in my experience. Without armor I seem to literally die in 1-2 bullets constantly.

I am hooked on this game, cannot wait for them to expand the map selection. Mostly doing Customs and Shoreline with a 5 man team. I think its silly Scav are limited to 4....

Some of the player names like with any game, crack me up. Got killed by a guy with the handle "Press Next Bitch". :LOL:

Cheeki Breeki !

I haven't bee nable to even get fort armor. I still can't complete Skeirs first quest.

I am definitely getting better at the game. I'm surviving more and my standard edition stash is completely filled at this point. I have to start leaving stuff being and being creative just to get items out of my player and into the stash to sell off. I still most only play Shoreline though. I have no interesting in Factory, its like Call of Tarkov in there. I have a quest to complete by going there but I know I'll die immediately and have to start all over.

i do fear the future of the game though for me. It still sounds like they want to make it a chore and also force you into group play to progress past a point. I think the game is kind of good where it is. It doesn't need to be more realistic.

I'm still mostly using AKs with the best armor ammo I can get but I also try not to engage what I feel I can't kill and I try my best to not go to the high traffic areas unless I know I'm there first and I know exactly where I'm going and how to get out quickly.

The ARs are pretty crazy over powered right now as well. They should really make the best stuff something you can't outright buy. you either find it, build it, or trade for it.

I am hooked on this game, cannot wait for them to expand the map selection. Mostly doing Customs and Shoreline with a 5 man team. I think its silly Scav are limited to 4....

Some of the player names like with any game, crack me up. Got killed by a guy with the handle "Press Next Bitch". :LOL:

Cheeki Breeki !

I know they say the game is suppose to mainly revolve around squad play but, don't you find it a little boring for your allies to be literally like half the players on a map? There is virtually like zero risk involved with running a 5 man group, your friends just loot your stuff for you if you die.

There's plenty of risk, I've killed 5 man squads through breaking contact and flanking. Play smart and you can either take them or extract. Just remember to reposition often if you can and don't let the loot kill you. Not all squads are created equal either, force them to panic or confuse them and you stand a chance as well.

Ya sure if you come up against a potato squad you could do some serious damage. I'm just referencing the common/likely scenario that you will roll up almost anything in a 5 man group, not the exception.

hey do you guys want to start some kind of [H]Tarkov group and that was we could do drops?

This could be real bad for the game:

I mean we all know the netcode in EFT is atrocious, but it may even be worse than we imagined.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
Eek, 1 second lag and that isn't even going into the de-syncs:

Eek, 1 second lag and that isn't even going into the de-syncs:

still? I haven't actually played this in a few weeks. I seriously got kind of bored with it already and the talk of them turning it into some fetch questing annoying realism game didn't sound fun.

Ya it is a bit disheartening when they can't even get basic 101 net code down yet are talking about loading every single bullet into your magazine and finding random pieces of guns around the world to assemble your own weapons. It's like ya, priorities?

Ya it is a bit disheartening when they can't even get basic 101 net code down yet are talking about loading every single bullet into your magazine and finding random pieces of guns around the world to assemble your own weapons. It's like ya, priorities?

that and they have a game that greatly requires you to use sound yet has no 3d sound engine and no surround support.

I think that video lit a fire under the dev's asses. They claim to be focusing on netcode now before the open beta release. Honestly this game is still alpha...

Ya it was definitely a "don't talk about the elephant in the room" kinda situation. Battlenonsense went: hey, look at that big elephant!

This game has a massive amount of fanbois through which doesn't help. I really want the game to succeed and I think they are sitting on a gold mine, but it is also unplayable in its current state.

Ya it was definitely a "don't talk about the elephant in the room" kinda situation. Battlenonsense went: hey, look at that big elephant!

This game has a massive amount of fanbois through which doesn't help. I really want the game to succeed and I think they are sitting on a gold mine, but it is also unplayable in its current state.

I still pretty much believe if they want the game to survive they can't go balls to the wall stupid realism. I actually think the way it works right now is an extremely good compromise. Sure add some animations for healing etc but a lot of what they talked about it just yuck. They also pretty much said at a point you can't play solo because it will be too hard. Another MAJOR no-no I think. Forcing people into group play to progress when you can solo is just bad juju. And I still feel they need to keep the PvE mode and allow seperate characters with separate stashes. They need to have options to get more players. Niche things tend to have a hard time IMO.

And yea....try telling the fanbois any of that. they will always respond with 'Git gud' and crap like 'Why did you buy it then?' Why .... because they got people into and THEN came out with their grand silly plan. Still feel that the game, as it is, should in no way have the world BETA associated with it and they should in NO WAY even consider an open beta (or anything with BETA attached). It is clearly so far from finished I would still lump it into pre-alpha or even proof on concept.

If they fix the de-sync and lag (IMO massive task), add the remaining maps, add a few animations and fix some random bugs, the game would be ready for release.

For this game do be in development since 2012 and to have this bad of netcode today, it may be unrecoverable. Maybe they can hire network programmers who know what they are doing to save the project.

If they fix the de-sync and lag (IMO massive task), add the remaining maps, add a few animations and fix some random bugs, the game would be ready for release.

would it? it would be a small shell of everything they keep promising.

I think producing a "reality" simulator out of the devs who after six years haven't produced working netcode is a bit of a stretch. A lot of the realism is also stuff that doesn't make a game fun. Like I think most of us want a tactical first person shooter, not to be a gunsmith.

Patch incoming shortly with first pass server and netcode fixes. Patch notes up on their site. The game feels better than it did six months ago in terms of lag and desync (not counting the surge in December when the servers were a cancer coated dumpster fire) so hopefully they keep making it better. Have to see after the patch drops. Haven't been playing much lately, mostly factory runs with weird load outs just to see how it works. Need to work on quests but they all send you to shoreline and I hate that map so...

Hmm I really want to get back into EFT, but havent played since the interchange update. How has the performance been lately?

Still have the armor glitches, where armor wasn't being registered unless you took it off, and re equipped it?

Imagine if they fixed the lag and de-sync, game would be epic. They are sitting on a potential gold mine.

Love this game but I took a hiatus after last wipe due to armor and invisible scav glitches. Looking forward to next wipe

Be sure to snag your in game christmas gift if you're playing again, just go into your account on the website and there should be a redeem now button. New map is brutal, and you can't get insurance back from it now. Super scavs running around called raiders that are just death on wheels, they may need to nerf them a bit. It is not a map for a solo player to be honest.

Be sure to snag your in game christmas gift if you're playing again, just go into your account on the website and there should be a redeem now button. New map is brutal, and you can't get insurance back from it now. Super scavs running around called raiders that are just death on wheels, they may need to nerf them a bit. It is not a map for a solo player to be honest.

Thanks for the tip. I'll skip the new map then. I always go solo.

Also new options for running offline modes, you can turn on a never ending wave of scavs and make them fight with the scav war option. Doing that on factory was a hoot. Just a carpet of corpses and sheer chaos. You can run the new map on offline mode as well to get a taste for the massively geared over hp'ed raiders.

Ya this is a bit ridiculous. I put 19 rounds of SKS PS ammo into a Raider and he didn't die, turns around and double taps me with level 6 armor on. Why does Battlestate always fuck things up lol.

Still have yet to buy or try this game ?

PUBG like ? Blackout like ? Or a peer v CPU game ?

No this game is in a league of it's own really.

It's PvPvE.

2-3 shots you're dead if armored.

You have a handful of real people, and some aimbotting npcs on the map.

The weapon customization is excellent.

As stated before in this thread. If they'd spend time on the net code and the damnd AI this game would be amazing.

Back